Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 6 Rifle squad 2

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:27 am

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:05:00

The Marines of first squad neared the location of the Field HQ. They could clearly see the ruins of the colony a few hundred meters ahead in a clearing in the jungle. Most of the buildings where made of metal and were covered with rust, the concrete on some of the buildings where withering. Here and there iron spikes portruded from the buildings, their purpose unknown. The place looked eerie. Another flash sent a flickering blue-white light over the scene, adding to the gloom of it. Suddenly the Marines heard a soft thumping sound, very faint from the vicinity of the tower. Not all heard the sound but enough to eliminate it being imagined by a tense Marine.

"I see something" LT Vincent said. Bringing her binoculars up she had spotted something moving on one of the larger buildings. Zooming in she saw that it was the flag of the United Americas flapping in the wind. HQ found.

Site admin

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 6 Rifle squad 2

Post by bull30548 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:54 pm

Date: 17th August, 2080AD

"Ok I'll be Private Idiot for a moment here. What was that?" Gesturing toward the flash behind them with his rifle. "And how are we approaching that?" Motioining back toward the ruined little colony. He was wet tired and just slightly irritated that they still didn't seem to have a clue. He also was reluctant to mention, being more than likely the most knowledgeable of the commtech, that with this storm and no APC they were most unlikely unable to reach a dropship or the cruiser if they needed. The only places he could think that there might be a transmitter was here or at the area they were supposed to take. But bitching about spilled milk before it spilled wasn't going to help.
Last edited by bull30548 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 6 Rifle squad 2

Post by Jocke » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:23 pm

bull30548 wrote:"Ok I'll be Private Idiot for a moment here. What was that?" Gesturing toward the flash behind them with his rifle. "And how are we approaching that?" Motioining back toward the ruined little colony.

"Sure thing, Private Idiot. I have no idea of what that was, and I don't really care." Morrison said to Jones, spitting dip at the ground before continuing; "You, me and McKenzie are going to do a mad run for the structure of the colony.From there, we are going to provide cover for the rest of the squad. Once we're all assembled, we're going to search the structure. And stop pointing with just a finger, Jones- it's feminine." Morrison said, completely disregarding the fact that Liutenant Vincent was within earshot.

Morrison then took his backpack off, and put it on the ground behind him. "I suggest you do the same, Jones. Infact- all of you, dump the rucks here. We'll come back for them later. McKenzie, Jones- whenever you're reay..." Morrison grinned at the two men.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 6 Rifle squad 2

Post by bull30548 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:02 pm

"Oh how I love the volunteer style of marines, sir." Chuckling as he hands his rifle to Bren as he pulls off his ruck. He takes it back and moves up to Mckenzie and Morrison dropping it next to theirs. He leaves his satchel on but does readjusts his belt to keep it from bouncing too much as he runs. "Ready when you are sir are we just hauling ass or are we leapfrogging it?"

(OOC: I don't know the proper military term but by leapfrogging I mean one person runs. Then he covers an area as the second one runs. As the second one covers the area the third one runs. The first one runs onward as the second one covers and the third one runs.)
Last edited by bull30548 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
"Easy Eights"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 6 Rifle squad 2

Post by Jocke » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:06 pm

bull30548 wrote:"Oh how I love the volunteer style of marines, sir." Chuckling as he hands his rifle to Bren as he pulls off his ruck. He takes it back and moves up to Mckenzie and Morrison dropping it next to theirs. He leaves his satchel on but does readjusts his belt to keep it from bouncing too much as he runs. "Ready when you are sir are we just hauling ass or are we leapfrogging it?"

"Volunteering? This is not a democracy, private." Morrison frowned "and to answer your question- we're just going to haul ass."

Drawing a deep breath, Morrison stuck a finger in his mouth before flinging the dip out.

"On my go, Marines. Just follow me. We're heading for that wall over there." Morrison said, knifehanding towards a rather intact piece of structure jutting up from the leaf covered ground.

"Three, Two, One- Go!" Morrison started to run as fast as he could across the clearing. As always when running with the gear on Morrison felt slow. It was almost like in those nightmares, when you try to run away from something, but your legs simply won't move as fast as you'd wish.

"I damn well hope this is going to work... he thought as he made his way across the completely exposed area.

(OOC: Bounding, that's what it's called when you alternate between moving and covering.)
LcCpl Conrad Heart

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 6 Rifle squad 2

Post by bull30548 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:49 pm

As soon as they break cover Jones starts covering the right. With his IR sight down he hopes he will see something before it sees them. He knows he could never keep up with Mckenzie cause he has to keep up with a cybernetic dog. And showing up the Corporal would be bad form too. He just tries to do what he thinks is right as he runs for the wall at almost full speed. As he almost crashes into the wall having slipped in the muck a bit. He whispered to the Corporal as he covers the right. "This is for all the chattering isn't Corporal?"

Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
"Easy Eights"

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 6 Rifle squad 2

Post by Jagr35 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:46 pm

McKenzie once again acknowledges his new orders and after a breaking squelch on the channel that connects him with his partner he watches as Ares turns and watches him awaiting his new command.

making a knife hand motion to the wall Hunter sub vocalizes the command of "search" which sends Ares off like a laser toward the wall, faster than any of his fellow marines. McKenzie, readjusting his eyepiece, moves off in fast pursuit after him, reaching the wall shortly after the dog.

(( the technique of "breaking squelch was tossed around Military training circles as a means of supplemental control, almost like "clicker training" for civvie dogs.))
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 6 Rifle squad 2

Post by Jocke » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:44 am

bull30548 wrote:"This is for all the chattering isn't Corporal?"
"That's for me to know and you to find out, innit, private?" Morrison grinned.

Seeing McKenzie operate with his dog was impressive, they worked like a well oiled machine.

"Good job McKenzie. Jones will cover you during your search, once the squad gets here, we'll enter. Understood?"

Morrison then turned to the edge of the jungle, facing the rest of the "Breakshots"- the rain and occasional strobe of light from the thunderstorm made them hard to spot.

"Second squad, stack up on me. Doubletime!" he whispered on the squad's network.

Morrison then took a knee, and covered to the right, peering to try and see any kind of movement.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

tommymnemonic
Private

Turn 6 Rifle squad 2

Post by tommymnemonic » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:02 am

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Mission timer: 04:05:00

Bren doffed his ruck, and prepared himself to run up to the strucure. He gave his pulse rifle a final check and sprinted to the structure.

Private Gareth Bren
'Break Shots' Rifleman/Medic
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon, 2nd squad

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”