Turn 4 Into the Great Sleep

The 6th campaign.
Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:04 pm

[quote=""Pale Rider""]OOC: Fox, sorry about the seemingly lack of promotion. When I was doing the transition to the Fusion system I did a lot of cut and pasting on Microsoft Word. Your character did receive a promotion to Private First Class. You can either edit your post, or we can Roll Play out the accidental Slight.)[/quote]

(OOC-RP it out. Fine.)
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:00 pm

The Marines opened fire, Fox lit up the Smart Gun, two rounds puncturing the first alien, causing it to slide backwards off the capsule. It quickly scrambled forward, its tail whiping forward, the barb slicing a ragged cut across Fox's left tricep.

The second alien launches its own attack on Pitt, the tail slices forward, barely missing Dirk's thigh as he squeezes off shots at the two aliens. The first round strikes the Alien previouslystruck by his earlier rounds and Private Fox's strike. The round strikes dead center in the alien's banana shaped head causing it to explode spraying acid everywhere as it crumples to the ground. Pivoting slightly Dirk's second round struck the second alien in the chest punching it off the capsule blood spraying out from the wound coating the capsules and the walls.

Falling back the Marines begin to retreat into the main room that they had first entered.

(OOC:Here is a layout of the map. I used Excel to create it. If I receive proper formation information I can update accordingly and I will post them in the appropriate thread so that everyone can see what is going on. Thanks for learning with me.)

Image[/img]
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Dirk saw Fox open fire knocking the first Xeno off the capsule. But it was up fast and attacked. it's tail found it's mark slicing Fox's arm badly. Blood flew from the wound as Dirk turned on the alien monster. His pulse rifle spat flame as he opened fire hitting the xeno attacking Fox in the head. It's acidic blood exploding out as it crumpled to the ground.

Then the out of nowhere the a second appeared. It's tail whipping through the air at his leg, Missing him by inches. Dirk opened fire, hitting the xeno in its chest knocking it off the capsule as acid covered almost everything in the area.

"Too close, Damn it Too close." Dirk said to him self

Command, second squad, we are falling back. Fox is wounded but still on his feet. Two Xenos down. "

"We need a medic, Fox is hit. We are on our way. Roberts, I don't know if there will be more of those bastards, be ready to cover us. We are coming in a hurry"

"Lets go Marines. Fall back. Jonsson with me. Fighting withdraw. Fox and Williams, make sure the way to first squad is clear and stays that way. Go!Go!Go!"
Dirk shouted as he and Jonsson backed away while Fox and Williams turned and made sure they would make it to First squads pos.
Last edited by Dirk Pitt on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Volgrand
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Volgrand » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:42 pm

Ivanov pointed his smartgun to the door, ready to fire any alien that could harm his marine friends.
- Sarge, Im covering the second squad retreat.

Before doing that, Sergei took a look to the walls of the A room, looking for any hidden alien there

[OOC: Roll perception. If I dont see any alien in A room, I point to the door and cover the retreat of second squad]
quot;Walk silently, and carry a big gun"

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Jonsson was amazed at his luck. The creature had gone for Dirk, instead of attacking him when he was in range. He jumped back, dodging the droplets of green ichor that exploded from the alien's skull. "You must smell better, man," he shouted over the sound of the gunfire as his squad fell back. Pumping more discouraging rounds into the direction of the xenomorphs to cover their retreat, he spoke again. "It's always us it seems."

'God I hope there was noone in those cryotubes,' he thought to himself, dark on the inside despite his joking exterior.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:16 pm

[quote=""SentinelBlade77""]Jonsson was amazed at his luck. The creature had gone for Dirk, instead of attacking him when he was in range. He jumped back, dodging the droplets of green ichor that exploded from the alien's skull. "You must smell better, man," he shouted over the sound of the gunfire as his squad fell back. Pumping more discouraging rounds into the direction of the xenomorphs to cover their retreat, he spoke again. "It's always us it seems."
[/quote]

"It must be my new calone. It said it would turn the women into beasts, but this is going too far" He said with a grim smile as he backed out of the cryo room
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:19 pm

OOC: Nice map PR; anyone without a standard sig get one asap; Bojan is with first.

"Second squad, fall back! Private Williams, take Fox to third squad then get back here. Pitt, Jonsson, form up on first squad. First squad, I want 2 lines, we're not gonna let the aliens get through that door. As soon as 2nd squad makes it out, start firing."

Bojan looked around to check if there were any obvious other ways into the room, above, below or around.

OOC:Observation Check
William Jones

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:57 am

"Roger that Gunny. We are falling back>"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:13 am

"Second squad, fall back! Private Williams, take Fox to third squad then get back here. Pitt, Jonsson, form up on first squad. First squad, I want 2 lines, we're not gonna let the aliens get through that door. As soon as 2nd squad makes it out, start firing."
"Sir yes Sir!" Eric said loudly into the comms.

"Ok boys, two lines. We're gonna do our best. Ivanov, Schmidt, cover the door, when I give the order then kill anything that comes near it. Quinn, when Fox comes through, assess his wounds. If he's gonna make it to third squad then I need your rifle. We're gonna be Trevor and Sergei's backup if things get ugly." Eric said, and held his flare high in the air with his left hand, waiting to see all four men come through the door so he could give the order to fire.

(OOC: Roll awareness/observation)
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:54 am

OOC: I want to make it clear, that i want 2nd squad to join onto first to end up with 2 lines making a napoleonic gun line type thing to any alien coming through.

first = X
second = Y

YXX
YXXB

Or something like that
William Jones

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:04 pm

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]
"Sir yes Sir!" Eric said loudly into the comms.

"Ok boys, two lines. We're gonna do our best. Ivanov, Schmidt, cover the door, when I give the order then kill anything that comes near it. Quinn, when Fox comes through, assess his wounds. If he's gonna make it to third squad then I need your rifle. We're gonna be Trevor and Sergei's backup if things get ugly." Eric said, and held his flare high in the air with his left hand, waiting to see all four men come through the door so he could give the order to fire.

(OOC: Roll awareness/observation)[/quote]

Quinn handed his weapon off to Eric. "The launcher is loaded with shotgun shells."

Quinn went to one knee behind the cover he had found and unholstered his sidearm. He didn't expect it to do much, but it was better than his knife. At the same time, he determined Fox's wound via the medical scanner conveniently built into his backpack. Noting that it was a standard wound and not one of these acidic burns, he removed some patches and gauze from his medical pack. Proper care would have to wait until he could get Fox back to the ship.

C'mon guys. he thought to himself as he waited for second squad to come through. Get back to the ship. I don't want to have any dead Marines...

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:26 pm

The marines continued their fall back. Unfortunately, they were not fast enough. Just as Private Williams grasped his cohorts arm to lead him back to the group he is knocked down violently on the ground from behind, the Alien Drone pinning him down with its weight. It's jaws opened in a snarl, lips drew back and the inner jaws sprang forward smashing through the nape of his neck and into his brain. Rearing back up it prepared to attack the next Marine.

The radio squawked to life in Dugan's ear.

Hunter's voice broke over the airwaves, "Sergeant Dugan, the only lifeforms that have shown up on scanners prior to your encounter with the Xenomorphs has been yours and the three in the hypersleep capsules. I would suggest you and your men finish this creature off and get in there and rescue the lifeforms in the capsules."
GM

Image Image Image

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:13 pm

The doctor was in panic now and started to run like madly, trying to push his way past any soldiers anything, wanting to be the last person, carrying his bag with a few biological tests, he looked over his shoulder, seeing the slaughter which made him run a bit faster towards the exit.
an Donaldson

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:06 pm

[quote=""Pale Rider""]The marines continued their fall back. Unfortunately, they were not fast enough. Just as Private Williams grasped his cohorts arm to lead him back to the group he is knocked down violently on the ground from behind, the Alien Drone pinning him down with its weight. It's jaws opened in a snarl, lips drew back and the inner jaws sprang forward smashing through the nape of his neck and into his brain. Rearing back up it prepared to attack the next Marine.
[/quote]

Dirk spun too late to s fire. The xeno was on Williams and had killed him before anyone could react. Then it was ready to kill the next Marine it could get at.

"No!" He shouted "Die you bastard." He spat at the xeno as he fired his pulse rifle at the monster sending 10 mm rounds at it.

(OOC Roll Weapons, reflexes and aimming at stationary target)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Simovic realised the lifeform scans were probably that of these creatures, the crew were more than likely long dead. He quickly opened up comms for all Marines "Chances are we are dealing with 3 Xenomorphs, that is if they show up in lifeform scans at all?!".

Simovic then started setting up the first of the four Sentry Guns. Assembly was meant to take a little over two minutes but fear tended to slow motor functions down.

[Weapon knowledge check]

He switched the guns targeting to manual, this way the targets would have to be ok'd by him and prevent the gun from killing the scientists as they wouldn't be carrying IFF transponders.

(I'm taking over Hollow's actions while he's away)

Hollow had came back from third squad and grabbed one of the other sentry gun cases he unclipped his smartgun letting it drop to the floor and then grabbed one of the sentry guns and fumbled panicking trying to set it up.

[Weapon knowledge check]
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”