New Equipment

How to join, advice, Q&A, general discussions
Pale Rider
Major

New Equipment

Post by Pale Rider » Mon May 27, 2013 5:08 pm

NTV Mk 1 SNAKEFIGHTER

Nicknamed the Snakefighter by its design team, the NTV Mk1 is a unique “super dropship” in that it provides a platoon with interstellar mobility and relative self-sufficiency. Its flanks dominated by enormous thruster pods, the Snakefighter is capable of rapid atmospheric maneuvering, high sublight velocity in space, and substantial payload hauling.
Standard crew complement is 10, comprising a pilot, copilot, weapons officer / navigator, and engineer. In case of “crew attrition, “ (ie casualties), much of the ship’s functions can be handled by relatively inexperienced personnel, due to a high level of automation and user-friendly design. The living quarters are spartan, and the lack of bunk space forces the crew members to rotate their eating and sleeping. The medlab is fairly basic, intended for patching up non-lethal combat injuries.
The main loading ramp is divided into two smaller loading ramps, which can be operated independently of each other. A crane in the ceiling of the cargo bay aids vehicle maintenance and cab be used for storage.
The tactical command post is similar to a standard APC interior, with maps, monitors, and a sliding command chair.

Performance:
Communication range: 10 000, FTL
Crew: 1 Pilot, 1 Co-Pilot, 1 Gunner, 1 Engineer. Life support for up to 100 personnel. Bunks for 30 passengers.
Additions: Fire Retardant, Flares, Raft, Emergency Rations, Sleeping Bags.
Evacuation: 2 EEVs, 120 Parachutes
Armament package: Two Pistols. 4 Smart Guns, 30 Pulse Rifles 20 Flame-throwers, 200 Pistols, 30 Shotguns, up to 30 other weapons. May be replaced with higher TL weapons.
Range: Atmospheric: 50 000 km
Orbital: Unlimited
FTL: 4 ly
FTL Speed: 0.5 ly/day
Cargo Slots: 2
Hardpoints: 12
Basic Armament: 2x25 mm "Gargoyle" Gatling, 16x120 mm rockets, 8xAGM-220 missiles, 64 x 150 mm rockets, 2 x TSAM Missiles, 3xAIM-90 missiles, 2 XIM-28A missiles

M-242 COMBAT BUGGY
The M-242’s design bears more than a striking resemblance to its civilian counterpart, he Daihotei ATV. Both vehicles have almost identical drivetrains. The major exceptions is size. The M242 is smaller and sporting only four wheels. The Buggy only has a crew of three with no passengers, one pilot, one com operator, and one turret operator. Both can open their canopies and operate effectively in the clear.

The M-242 is one of the most capable combat vehicles in the CMC. Not only is it fast, running off a pair of K-1000 Gas Turbines, but it is also maneuverable, using four wheeled steering on a four wheeled drive transmission. The control system can be modified to operate as a typical steered vehicle about also as a independent control for each wheel. Allowing the car to drive sideways and virtually every direction, keeping its nose pointed forward.

This helps the aiming of its turret weapon, supporting a pair of high-powered 10-mm Vulcan Gattling cannons. These weapons can strafe targets with ease from a 1000 meters. The only disadvantage with maneuverability is weight. Being light, the buggy cannot take many hits. Most heavy weapon will permanently disable the vehicle. The wheels, themselves, are especially vulnerable.

PERFORMANCE
TOTAL COST: $250 000
LOADED WEIGHT: 18 000 kg (1.8 tons)
LOCATIONS: STRUCTURE ARMOR
MAIN BODY: 1K (50 SDP) 0.5 (25 SDP)
WHEELS: 0.5 (25 SDP) 0.25 K (15 SDP)
MAX SPEED: 166
ACCELERATION: 50
VEHICLE HARDPOINTS: See below.
BASIC ARMAMENT: Twin Gattling Cannons.

Morse
Captain

Re: New Equipment

Post by Morse » Mon May 27, 2013 8:01 pm

NTV Mk 1 SNAKEFIGHTER As seen in comics

M-242 COMBAT BUGGY As seen in comics

Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Wed May 29, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks morse
Site admin

Shon Gehring

Post by Shon Gehring » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:45 am

Hey, new here from Melbourne, Australia and looking for it here but still unsuccessful. Can you pls help and guide about this new equipment interior?

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JuanPerez » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:34 am

what kind of information do you need?

do you want to participate in the game?
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
Portable Command Terminal
M94 Marking Flares

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:00 am

I'm going to find a solution to this fake profile thing. Maybe fixing the email authentication was a mistake. We may have to go back to me approving everyone manually until we have a better solution.

Edit: Okay I wiped out most of the spam profiles, banned their IPs and shut off self-activation. Unfortunately there's not a good way to tell a real profile from a fake so some might still get through. I'll do my best to monitor them though.

Edit 2: Okay there turned out to be more then I thought. I pruned close to 200 profiles. The problem should be solved, but it creates the old problem of real users getting locked out. If there's any doubt I'll let the profile through and ban later if it's a spam bot.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

taimdala
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by taimdala » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:08 am

Corporal Hicks wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:00 am I'm going to find a solution to this fake profile thing. Maybe fixing the email authentication was a mistake. We may have to go back to me approving everyone manually until we have a better solution.

Edit: Okay I wiped out most of the spam profiles, banned their IPs and shut off self-activation. Unfortunately there's not a good way to tell a real profile from a fake so some might still get through. I'll do my best to monitor them though.

Edit 2: Okay there turned out to be more then I thought. I pruned close to 200 profiles. The problem should be solved, but it creates the old problem of real users getting locked out. If there's any doubt I'll let the profile through and ban later if it's a spam bot.
Wow, yeah, there were a lot of Russian bots spamming us hot and heavy. I tried reporting them but when we started getting multipage topic threads, I gave up and unsubscribed from the Off-Topic forum. I'll resubscribe and give it a go. Thanks for all your hard work, Cpl. Hicks!
ImageCpl. Dmitri Mikhailovich Barayev
Current Gear
Light Armor
M41A Rifle + 2 clips
VP70 Pistol + 2 clips
Knife
8 grenades
Entrenching Tool
Image Image

"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Return to “The Game”