M1T1

The 9th campaign
Bobater
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: M1T1

Post by Bobater » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Obi piped up with a smirk. "Not a difference at all! Thats why an M-41A is automatic. If you can't hit em' with one, empty the mag at them laddie! More holes are always good, besides you ain't paying for the ammo!"
Alan replied with a grin. "I guess i know who's ass to pull out of the fire when this goes to hell.
Pvt. Alan Shepard

"Peace through superior firepower."

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:33 pm

(OOC - Just wondering if everyone would be able to attach their character signatures to the bottom of their posts. It makes it easier to remember names and ranks thats all. All you have to do is click the box below in the post reply screen to attach it and there you go! Cheers Obi)
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:38 am

Quinn stayed silent during the Marine's outbursts and pored over the available intel on his datapad. Light weapons only, grenades allowed, no heavy or special weapons. No APC or dropship to provide support either.

"Sir, Corporal Quinn here. Got three questions." Quinn stood for the man who obviously knew his shit and had it sorted. He at least deserved his respect.

"One, why are we always getting pulled for missions with weapons restrictions from corporate hell? Two, what support WILL we have? And three," he turned to the Company Representative, his ice cold gaze locking with her eyes. "Why are we always cleaning up your messes?"

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:40 am

"One, why are we always getting pulled for missions with weapons restrictions from corporate hell? Two, what support WILL we have? And three," he turned to the Company Representative, his ice cold gaze locking with her eyes. "Why are we always cleaning up your messes?"
patches eyes nearly popped out of his head and he almost fell off his chair.

wow what a question! ok so we had all been thinking it but patch had thought Simmovic had made the point that this was shit and we are marines, not only the mother fucking best in the god damn known universe but also the only militry force capable of dealing with this kinda shit.

patch took a breath and waited for this response it was either gonna be an interesting reply or a whole lot of shit was about to hit the fan

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Obi smothered a grin with a hand that he felt tugging at the corners of his mouth as the platoons medic directed his not so subtle attack on the company representative. Oh snap. Way to go Sixtus. Now lets watch the magic of her trying to fast talk her way out of this one. Catching Patchs eye, Obi winked as both marines waited in silent amusement.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Ramirez's eyes flashed with anger and his mouth turned into hard lines in the blink of an eye; coupled with his scars, the effect was pretty scary.

He looked hard at Quinn first and then seeing Patch and O'brien smothering grins and winks, his glare took in them as well. In a dangerously low voice he spoke up; "Sergeant Pitt led me to believe that you lot were the best there was at dealing with hostile situations, especially involving alien lifeforms. He did NOT mention a penchant for rude behavior towards civvies or giggling like schoolgirls at a briefing. From this point on, you WILL conduct yourselves like professional marines or I will personally ensure that you spend the rest of your time in the military on sanitation detail in the fertilizer fields of the Micor Colony....is that understood?"

The marines quickly took up a carefully maintained blank expression and in unison, chorused out an "Aye, aye!" in response. Ramirez turned away and Simovic caught the very slight, tell-tale sign of a grin and amusement in the Captain's eyes. He knew then that Ramirez probably shared the marines' feelings, but of course, he wasn't allowed to express it; and certainly not with the Corporate Rep. standing there, looking on.

The Corporate Rep. looked slightly amused herself, and the tall, athletic woman strode to the front of the room. "It's quite allright Captain; I've uttered worse curses at my own Employer more times that I could possibly count; so I certainly understand the resentenment behind the orders. To respond directly to the questions; here's what I can tell you; the weapons restricitons and the available support are both controlled by the Colonial Marines, so Captain Ramirez here can deal with any questions you have on those scores. As for why you're cleaing up 'our' mess; well, you'd have to ask the higher-ups those questions; I'm in the same boat you all are in."

"Now then; to introduce myself; my name is Indira Khan and I'm a troubleshooter for Weyland-Yutani." Khan's dark eyes gleamed with wry amusement as she continues; "What that means is that when the shit hits the fan, the Company sends me in hip-deep." Pulling a small remote control, she presses a couple of buttons and the room gets darker and a hidden projector flashed on; projecting images onto a screen at the front of the room, behind where she and Ramirez are standing.

The first image that pops up shows a pair of men in white lab coats bearing the corporate name and symbol of Bio-Cyte on them. Both men appear to be in their late thirties or early forties and both are of average height. One is pale-skinned, is going bald with a fringe of greying brown hair and has a bushy beard. The other man is dark skinned, has a thick mane of curly black hair and has cold, calculating eyes. Khan picks up speaking again; "The man with the beard is Doctor Wilhelm Voss; the other scientist is Doctor George Grissom. These are the two men located at the site in charge of researching the xeno-morph eggs. The Company has tasked us to retrieve these men, alive if possible; to find out exactly what they've done, how much about the Aliens they've learned; and most importantly, where in the hell they got the eggs from."

Indira presses another button and the image changes to that of a nervous looking young man who appears to be in his mid twenties, with brown hair in a crew cut, blue eyes and a simple jumpsuit with the Bio-Cyte label on it. "This is Jaime Parker; an undercover operative who has been our primary source of intel on this issue. He's the one who found out about the research operation and who sent the info to us. His last transmission was eleven days ago, from the site in Daedalus City and we haven't heard from him since. Though we fear the worst; if we do find him, we are to pull him out of there as he has more than done his duty for the Company."

Turning to the audience, Khan turns off the projector and turns up the lights again with her remote and says; "Weyland-Yutani has sent me along as I am familiar with all of the above persons and due to my track record in situations like this. However, as Captain Ramirez has allready shown you; the situation on Icarus in general and in Daedalus City in particular, requires something other than the usual Corporate slip-in, slip-out routine. It's a war-zone out there; which is where you all come in. I am not and will never profess to be any kind of military strategist; so I leave the details of getting to the building and back out again to all of you. My only role in this mission is to ensure that the scientists and the intel, including any eggs or xenomorphs; are secured or destroyed. So, that's it from my end; the floor is yours, Captain."

With that, Khan steps back to lean against the wall again as Ramirez takes center stage again. "Okay; first things first; in case any of you are wondering; I had Miss Khan run thru many of the basic USCM training programs and did some research on my own to ensrue that she wouldn't be a problem to have along on this mission. For your own edification, she is a world-class marathon runner and rated a 'High Expert' level with a Pistol and a 'Sharpshooter' with the M39. She can certainly pull her own weight. Okay, any questions for Miss Khan before I talk about how and why we're going to be organized the way we are?"

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:46 am

Quinn tapped quickly over his PDA, noting with satisfaction that they would indeed have armor and air support on this mission. And when Miss Khan was given her capabilities, the medic sighed in relief. This civvie wouldn't need to be babysat. When the Captain called for questions, he stood again.

"Sir, Corporal Quinn. I can understand the smartgun restriction, but why not the flamers? It's not like the colony is made out of wood, unless intel neglected to mention something that crucial." Quinn asked, his tone inquisitive. "And what's the resistance like from the rebels and xenos?"

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:36 am

Listening to the Company Reps brief, Obi felt a little better on knowing what there specific mission task was. That still didn't mean that he was happy about it in any way, but then again the Corps wasn't here to blow sunshine up his arse and let him all sit around a camp fire and sing songs and hold hands.
Quinn asked, his tone inquisitive. "And what's the resistance like from the rebels and xenos?"

CPL Quinn was speaking again and Obi found himself nodding in agreement with the questions that the medic raised. Raising his hand Obi called out.

"Just in addition to the point that Quinn raised Sir, what are our Rules of Engagement with regards to the Rebels? Can we open fire on sight or is it we are to only engage if fired upon?"

<tag Ramirez>
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:42 am

Kurosaki was silent in his seat, slowly falling asleep. There was nothing interesting about this briefing. Kurosaki had a bad feeling about the harvesters and that the corporate suit was coming with them. He shrugged to himself.

OOC: Requestion SMG for the mission

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:38 am

Captain Ramirez fielded the questions being thrown his way with replies directed mostly towards Quinn and Obi; but taking in the room as a whole.

"Well there's three reasons we're not going with Flame Throwers for this Op; first: the mission will take place in tight alleys and narrow corridors and incinerators aren't exactly what I'd call a 'discriminating weapon'. I'd rather not have one of my marines accidentally lit up; or if we round a corner and torch a bad-guy three feet away; have him suddenly come lumbering into our midst, ablaze."

"Second; we're being tasked with capturing a couple of people and thier paperwork, equipment and possibly some alien specimens. While I have some faith that our fine Corpsmen could do a good job patching up a burn victim; I don't think we could save paperwork or delicate electronic equipment from an accidental wave of flame in the wrong place."

"Finally, and most importantly in my view; is the fact that carrying a Flame Thrower turns one of my marines into a walking bomb. Some lucky shot from an Insurrectionist or even a richochet or bit of shrapnel could set off the tank; and boom....there goes one marine, and possibly some of his squad-mates who're standing too close. Nope...too risky in this enviroment in my book."

"As for the rules of engagement for the Rebels...it's simple; anyone you see carrying a weapon of any kind who doesn't immediately put it down and say 'I surrender', you can fire upon. The fighting has been going on for months now; anyone who wanted nothing to do with the Insurrection has fled or gone deep into hiding. It's a pretty safe bet that anyone you see who's not in uniform will be a viable target. Just to be clear though, the rebels have not employed any children or medical employees or other obvious non-combatants in a combat-role; so if you see a 10 year old kid; by all means, don't just blow thier head off."

"As for xeno's, if you mean the Harvesters; they tend to rear up out of the ground, with no real rhyme or reason we've been able to ascertain; and they will aggressively attack and shred to pieces any life they find; human, livestock, anything. If one does appear, by all means, blast the thing
to hell and gone as soon as you see it! As for the xeno-morphs; the last reports indicated that they had found some eggs. If the eggs have hatched; we'll have to play it by ear; but take no chances if any are loose; I don't want any one coming home in a bag on my watch, is that understood?" As one, the marines gave a loud and clear; "Affirmative, sir!"

"Now then, any other questions?"

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:55 am

Obi sat back and absorbed what the good Captain had to say. If it isn't human, waste it. If it is human and wants a fight, waste it. Seems pretty clear cut to me. Obi thought as the Captain finished and glanced around the briefing room expectantly.

Rolling his shoulders around Obi spoke up. "Sounds good to me Sir, I say we get aboard and get this mission over and done with. First rounds on me when we get back!"

<tag Captain Ramirez & Platoon>
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Ramirez grinned at O'brien's comments and responded with; "I like how you think Corporal; but let's not lose focus on the mission at hand." Turning to encompass the whole room, he spoke up; "Allright marines; you've got the rest of tonight for some R&R here on Gateway and then you are to report to the Hangar Bay of the USS Chicago at 0930 tomorrow morning. She's docked in bay 12; and we'll be getting underway for Icarus by 10:00; so don't be late." He gives everyone one more long look and says; "Feel free to have as much fun as you like; but I better not hear about anyone getting tossed in the brig or making my life difficult before the Op. even starts; is that understood?"

The standard marine chorus of "Aye, aye" rings out and with that Captain Ramirez dismisses the men and turns to talk to Indira Khan. The enlisted marines file out and SSGT Simovic gives them a friendly, but firm reminder on where they need to be come 0930 in the morning; and with that, that group breaks up...

OOC: If anyone wants to have any 'R&R' posts; now's the time....I don't think it will really come again; I'll post Turn 2 tomorrow; which will go over the Unit breakdown and assigned roles and get the voyage going.

Return to “USCM 2.1 - Invictus Campaign”