Turn 5: Down the Rabbit Hole

The fourth mission
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 5: Down the Rabbit Hole

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Surprisingly the Aliens withdrew from the battlefield. Displaying never before seen tactics in a Xenomorph. The remaining beasts fell under the withering fire power of the Easy Eights. Without the xenomorphs herding them, many quickly fled to the left and right of the defensive front of the firebase.
With the wholesale slaughter of the Huldra over the guns stopped screaming their staccato vocals of death. Thanks to modern technology the marines were not deafened.
During the wee hours of the night Lt. Quinn received orders, tomorrow they were expected to retrieve the infornation from the overrun redoubt. The mission was to begin at 0800.

<Action>
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

jdd2035
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Turn 5: Down the Rabbit Hole

Post by jdd2035 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:22 am

When the fighting was done Alex called over to Colson saying "I'm still here!"

Alex reloaded and and trotted over to LT. Quinn and reported for duty "Private Alexander Creed reporting for duty....The paper work is on the pile of paper work on what I think is your desk." With the pleasantries out of the way Alex volunteered "I would like to volunteer for the next field mission."

Tag Colson and Quin.
-Pvt. Alex Creede - Scout
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
-Spas-17 Shotgun

MarcusOTerra
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by MarcusOTerra » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 am

Sal stood atop the wall with the flamer in hand. He cut off the ignition torch and flipped on all the obvious safeties. In the process he also found out how to release the napalm canister, which would come in handy later.

"I'm keeping it." He announced to the other 'new fucks' at his side. A small voice of reason argued that would be up to Morse, or Quinn. That voice was tossed back into the surgery with the rest of the wimpy thoughts.

The smile on his face could only have gotten wider if someone slit his face open, and it threatened to stretch the width of his face mask.

He couldn't smell the Huldra for the mask, but the ones that had fallen into the fire looked delicious.

"Ape-steak, better than vittles." Sal threw out there for whomever to hear.
Salazar 'Salamander' Boothe: 'Private', 'Medic', 'Marine'.
Load out: As Turn Two of Watch Dog
Pulse Rifle: Clip loaded +4 on person.
1 Field Surgery Kit
3 First aid Kits
4 smoke grenades
Breather Mask.

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:17 pm

The xenos fell back, once again showing a new tactic. Lowering his pulse rifle Dirk watched the black figures vanish into the distance. He wasn't sure what that big bitch was up to, but if it was a human commander they were facing he would be thinking that they had just been through a probing attack to judge their strength.

"Cease fire! Cease fire." Dirk said over the open comm. "Squad leaders, get your people rearmed and then grab some chow. Once they're all fed report to me, I'll get the orders from the LT."
<Tag Squad leaders>

Climbing off the wall Dirk walked back to the supply hut. Reloading his clips he grabbed a few grenades and put them in his pockets. Picking up a few extra clips he walked to the APC.

"I got you a few extra clips sir." He said handing the clips to Quinn " What's on your mind Sir? How do you think we should go in?"
<Tag Quinn>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:31 am

It was over. At least it seemed over. The third solid incursion Morse and some of the others had with their indigenous neighbors, and it ended with a complete slaughter as it always did. Even though the poor monkeys probably had no idea they were walking towards the USCM firebase, Morse felt no sorrow for what he had just help orchestrate. They to him were no different then any hostile asset. They were armed and he’d watched them consciously kill humans. As far as he was concerned they could be wiped out and the universe might even be better for it.

Morse pulled his M56 Smartgun up to a resting position, and checked his eyepiece for his ammo counter. He had thirty rounds left. In a way he was surprised he even had that many. But he could have used them to great effect even if he had needed to.

He pulled his eyepiece off of his eye after hearing Dirks order to ceasefire. That fight had actually gone far better then the last one they had. But fighting for various pieces of Ekylprillion was getting very old, and Morse wanted off as soon as possible.

”Shit Dirk. Wipe the piss off yer pants man. Aint like we was that fucked in this.” Morse said commenting on the serious look Dirk had. Morse had not been quite as worried, but his mood in combat tended to vary extremely.

< Tag Dirk.

Morse moved back towards the new recruits, who had all likely just gotten their first taste of real combat. He watched one run off the wall and head somewhere else. Morse had no idea where, and he wasn’t going to ask. Since the combat was over it was back to the basics of the routine.

The Martian mentioned he was keeping the flame thrower. Morse was fine with it, so long as he didn’t set any of the others on fire with it. ”Go ahead.” Morse granted. ”S’long as you know usin’ that fucker puts you on point, you keep it as long as you wanna.” Morse said with a half smile.

< Tag Sal

Morse then moved off the wall, and down onto the ground, beginning to speak to the new recruits once more.

”Nice work fuck nuts. None a ya died.” Morse said, even though the odds were quite in their favor in that fight. ”Reload, and re equip. Aint no tellin’ if’r when locals come runnin’ back here. After that, we food up.” Morse ordered. ”No questions, get to that shit.” Morse said beginning to reload his M56 Smartgun and heading back to the armory.

< Tag Anyone
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

msullivan
Private

Post by msullivan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:45 am

Wilks gets down from the wall just in time to hear Morse give the orders to reload then head to chow. Upon hearing the order Wilks ensures that his weapon is ready to go with a full magazine and load of grenades before following Morse and the rest toward the armory.
Edgar Ortega

Gear:
Pulse Rifle
VP70 Pistol
Flares (6)
Grenades (8)
K-Bar Knife
Smoke Grenade (1)

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Morse wrote:I
”Shit Dirk. Wipe the piss off yer pants man. Aint like we was that fucked in this.” Morse said commenting on the serious look Dirk had. Morse had not been quite as worried, but his mood in combat tended to vary extremely.

< Tag Dirk.
Before heading to Lt Quinn Dirk turned to his old friend and gave him a humorless smile. "Not this time Morse, but orders just came down. We're going to go to return the favor and visit the Xeno's house. Just thought that would brighten your day." He said, knowing that Morse hated going on a attack when he didn't have overwhelming numerical superiority.
<Tag Morse>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Giosso sighed and fell against the backrest of his chair. After a couple of deep breaths he reached out and picked up what remained of his latte. It was still warm – an odd reminder of how much happened in so little time during combat. He took a moment to enjoy a couple of sips. A deliberate calming measure to get his heart rate and mind back where they should be. After the momentary distraction, he put the cup down, put his e-reader back on the desk, and stood up to stretch.

Picking up the radio, he sent out a request of his own. “Can someone reload the autoturrets? I don’t want to leave the scanners unattended.”

<Tag Any>
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:02 am

Samantha weariily ejected her last clip and safed her weapon before wiping the sweat from her brow and leaning against the nearest wall to take a deep breath. Glancing over at Obi she says; "I don't know about you; but I'm getting a little tired of fighting these things." Hearing one of the new recruits make a sick joke about ape-steaks; she just grimaced and looked over at Obi; "I hope to God he's not assigned to our squad"; she says jokingly.

With that; she put a call into Giosso to let him know that he had done his usual sterling job in the fight and she went to give her report on the action to Dirk and/or Quinn.

<Tag Obi>

<Tag Dirk and/or Quinn>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:48 am

Lance Corporal Eric Roberts heard the familiar sounds of gunfire. He picked out the sound of the APC plasma turret that he knew so well. He ran toward the wall to see if they needed help, even though he was unarmed. Before he got there, the firing had stopped and the marines were coming off the wall. He scanned their faces for anyone he recognized. For all he knew there was nobody left who remembered him.

Then he saw the familiar face of an old friend. Dirk hadn't seen him yet, and he was heading to the APC. Eric spoke behind him in a loud voice, "Well I'll be a son of a bitch, if it isn't Dirk Pitt! How did your dumb ass manage to survive this long?!" He grinned from ear to ear and waited for a response.

<Tag Dirk Pitt>

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:39 am

Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks wrote: Then he saw the familiar face of an old friend. Dirk hadn't seen him yet, and he was heading to the APC. Eric spoke behind him in a loud voice, "Well I'll be a son of a bitch, if it isn't Dirk Pitt! How did your dumb ass manage to survive this long?!" He grinned from ear to ear and waited for a response.
<Tag Dirk Pitt>
Dirk was heading to the APC, his mind on the tactics of assaulting what was sure to be the Xeno's stronghold or nest. That is if the platoon's luck held out, and it always seemed to do just that. Just then he heard a voice that pulled him back several years to a wall in the Zenus Vier Hive Tunnel System. He was a fresh faced Pvt reporting in with his smartgun and a lot of ideas about what combat was really like.

Shaking his head he returned to the present and turned to face his old friend."I'll be damned if it isn't Eric Roberts. Man, the Corps must be desperate to thaw you out again. It's been too long, how the hell are you Eric?" Dirk said shifting his pulse rifle to his left hand and held out his right."
<Tag Eric>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:44 am

Dirk Pitt wrote:Shaking his head he returned to the present and turned to face his old friend."I'll be damned if it isn't Eric Roberts. Man, the Corps must be desperate to thaw you out again. It's been too long, how the hell are you Eric?" Dirk said shifting his pulse rifle to his left hand and held out his right.
Eric shook Dirk's hand vigorously, "Sorry, I didn't see the Sergeant stripes. Moving up in the world, eh? I'm doing good. I spent a year in therapy and got myself straightened out. Turns out the Corps wasn't the right therapy for my issues," he said with a chuckle. "They fixed my busted arm too. But I won't keep you Sarge, we can catch up later." Eric saluted his old friend. "Oh and uhh... where can I get a rifle, Sir?"

<Tag Dirk Pitt>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Hearing Dirk tell him about the fact that they were soon to be going on attack Morse rolled his eyes. ”Aw, fuck!” Morse spat. He was not entirely sure what the plan was but he got an idea it was going to be tight spaces and lots of bugs. And that was the exact sort of environment those things did best in, and the Marines did the poorest.

”I always wanted to git eatin’ by bugs where aint no one could come save me.” Morse said in a very dismal and sarcastic tone. But such things were to be expected of him.

Morse did not get too much farther away from Dirk when he saw the last of the new arrivals finally come up to the Sergeant. He knew Dirk, and Dirk knew him. Morse realized that he was a man that he ‘knew-but-didn’t’. He recognized him and took to be someone who had been with platoon before, but he did not really remember anything about him.

He shrugged it off and kept moving towards the armory and removed his Smartgun, setting it gently back down into its box. He then picked up the M41A Pulse Rifle he had been using earlier and slung it over his shoulder.

Morse grabbed one for the old-but-new soldier since he probably wasn’t made aware of the standing order to always have a rifle, since they were generally hanging on by a thread where they were.

Morse moved back over towards Dirk and the new troop, just in time to hear the old recruit ‘Roberts’ say he was looking for a rifle. ”Right here.” Morse said handing it off to him. ”Fuckers got us runnin’ the walls twenty four fuckin’ hours a day, n’ ems’s always lookin’ for a way in. So keep hang on that shit.” Morse commented, in a very poor introduction. But that was just his way.

Hearing a call over the com from Giosso to reload the guns, Morse knew exactly who to call. ”Yo Creede.” Morse called into his headset. ”You like doin’ the dangerous shit. Why don’t you and…” Morse looked at the new marines name. ”Roberts go re arm the guns.” Morse referred to the autoturrets that were dry in and around the wall.

< Tag Creede

Morse looked at Roberts. ”Not to volunteer ya fer shit, but I figure you actually know how to arm a robofucker, n’ I don’t know if he does.” Morse explained to Roberts.

< Tag Roberts

Morse concluded and then started moving away back to get food as he was ordered earlier.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Morse wrote:Morse moved back over towards Dirk and the new troop, just in time to hear the old recruit ‘Roberts’ say he was looking for a rifle. ”Right here.” Morse said handing it off to him. ”Fuckers got us runnin’ the walls twenty four fuckin’ hours a day, n’ ems’s always lookin’ for a way in. So keep hang on that shit.” Morse commented, in a very poor introduction. But that was just his way.
"Thanks," he said and took the rifle.
Morse wrote:”Yo Creede.” Morse called into his headset. ”You like doin’ the dangerous shit. Why don’t you and… Roberts go re arm the guns.”

Morse looked at Roberts. ”Not to volunteer ya fer shit, but I figure you actually know how to arm a robofucker, n’ I don’t know if he does.”

< Tag Roberts
"Roger that, I'll get right on it Corporal. I'm not certified but I know how to do it." Roberts looked at his name tag. "Morse, is it? That sounds familiar. Were you with us for False Cross?"

<Tag Morse>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:49 am

Eyeball heard the exchange about reloading turrets, with Roberts and Morse as he was grabbing reloads.
" i'm certified corp i'll go out and help if needed" Eyeball walked to the heavy section and piled 4 boxes of turret ammo onto a trolley.

" you guys cover my ass in case anything is still out there and i'll have it done real fast."

"Giosso, this is Eyeball, 3 going out to reload....area clear?"

<tag comms Giosso>

Eyeball checked his load, looked at Roberts and Creede, " ready when you are mate!"Eyeball said looking at Roberts as he was the ranking non com here even if he had just stepped off the boat.

<tag Roberts and Creede>
<roll motion tracker and awareness>
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Return to “Operation Alpha Strike”