Turn 1: Bushwacked

The fifth mission.
MarcusOTerra
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Turn 1 Bushwacked

Post by MarcusOTerra » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:20 am

Sal held onto his rifle as the ship made another shift, and the LT gave orders over the PA. He gave Morse a look that was mixed between mocking and mad. He followed the rest of the group to the drop stations, and overheard Morse jabbing at a Sgt Dirk Pitt.

Another joined in and Sal just felt compelled to add his two cents.

"If she's got a damn ship of her own, what's she doing trying to get money out of an NCO?" He did a passing check to make sure the others, who were already strapped in, were secure and that nothing in the room would fly out of its bearing and knock someone in the face.

He'd remarked once, during basic, at how some dropships had overhead compartments that held heavy, concussion inducing, crates of equipment in them, and that very easily, enough turbulence could result in head injury.

His DI had then remarked how fast recruits tended to run when they were being shot at, and demonstrated that point for the rest of the group.
Salazar 'Salamander' Boothe: 'Private', 'Medic', 'Marine'.
Load out: As Turn Two of Watch Dog
Pulse Rifle: Clip loaded +4 on person.
1 Field Surgery Kit
3 First aid Kits
4 smoke grenades
Breather Mask.

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 pm

Dirk lead Oksana and her husband to a section of the drop seats where they could lock in. "Let me know if you two need anything else. I'll come to you after the action is over and make sure you know where to be." Dirk said with a small smile and a soft voice.
<Tag Oksana>

Walking back over to the rest of the men he listened to the men, Morse, Roberts and Sal, make their jokes. It was standard procedure to make as many jokes at someone else's expense in the Corps. He was sure that someone made jokes about Chesty Puller. Behind his back, but jokes none the less.

"Ya, ya. You three stooges are just a laugh riot." Dirk said strapping himself into his own seat. "The truth is you all are just pissed because your mothers finally admitted that I'm you father. Hypersleep is a wonderful thing kids. When you write home tell them I said hi."
< Tag Morse, Roberts and Sal>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:47 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote:"Ya, ya. You three stooges are just a laugh riot." Dirk said strapping himself into his own seat. "The truth is you all are just pissed because your mothers finally admitted that I'm you father. Hypersleep is a wonderful thing kids. When you write home tell them I said hi."
< Tag Morse, Roberts and Sal>
"Hey Morse, you gonna take that crap from him?" Roberts said, laughing as he reversed his first joke.

<Tag Morse/Dirk>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 am

”Ha!” Morse laughed in a single burst. He liked Dirk’s response. He was almost afraid he would get back a single response that amounted to ‘stay focused’. Fortunately the amusement continued for all of them.

But Morse immediately prepared to fire back, as he always did. ”Shit, I didn’t think you was into the fat ones Dirk… My ma’s got her own gravitational pull what rivals Jupiter.” Morse responded. He of course loved his mother and had a lot of respect for her, but she wasn’t there at the time. ”Course I’m as happy as the rest a my brothers here we didn’t inherit fuckin’ ugly what came from yer side a the family.” He continued. ”Just the hard fightin’ spirit and stupidity what comes from bein’ the baddest of ass’s in the Corps!”

Morse’s last comment was a mixture of respect for Dirk, and slap at the United States Colonial Marine Corps. Of course Morse liked being a marine at that point, but he still was outspoken on the poor life choice that it generally was for most. It was prestigious sure, and a powerful position when on deployment, but the pay was bad and the life expectancy without serious injury was far worse. Still it was enough to keep them all there, and Morse was no different.

< Tag Dirk, Sal, and Roberts
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:24 pm

The rocket flashed by the incoming vessel easily missing it. The whine of the lock picked up in intensity!
“The vessel is a modified freighter. She is currently listed as stolen by her last registered owner, one Vanessa Von Kirk. She went missing six months ago.” Pope reached out with his left hand pushing the impeller to full throttle while driving the yoke forward sharply. The Snakefighter dove rapidly sending; everything not fastened down flying across the room.
“Attention all personnel, we have incoming. Brace for impact!”
A single missile completed the dive with the Snakefighter closing rapidly with her aft until it was within 3 meters. Then a chain of events were put into action:
A switch trips as it picks up the ionization field from the Snakefighter’s engines; an electrical current travels through the wires generating an intense magnetic field. A fuse mechanism in turn ignites the explosive material whose shock wave travels through the cylinder shorting out the power to the starter. Finally the moving short circuit compresses the magnetic field, generating an intense electromagnetic burst. This burst travels from the aft of the Snakefighter to the fore effectively shutting down the engines.
“Sir, we have twenty minutes of oxygen within the vessel. I was able to send a signal to the base before she shutdown. Our attackers are preparing to board us as we speak.
<Actions>
GM

Image Image Image

taimdala
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by taimdala » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:09 pm

((OOC: RL and a last minute graphics job bushwhacked me. I'm back and I've some catching up to do below. Hopefully, I didn't miss anyone's tag.))
maxvale76 wrote: She had made sure to sit next to Oksyana; ready to help her out with Dmitri if needed; but it wasn't; so she just made sure her own squad was strapped in. She closed her eyes and silent said a brief prayer that they wouldn't all end up as floating wreckage in space and then snaped back to the here and now and heard the jokes coming from Morse and Dirk and couldn't help but smile and share a look with the good Doctor that silenty said; 'MEN'.
Oksana gave Sam a wry smile and a nod: Hell, yes. She was glad to see someone else aboard thought the male posturing tedious. However necessary it might be for the job, she wondered if the Marines (save Sam) ever took a break from it.
Dirk Pitt wrote:Dirk lead Oksana and her husband to a section of the drop seats where they could lock in. "Let me know if you two need anything else. I'll come to you after the action is over and make sure you know where to be." Dirk said with a small smile and a soft voice.
<Tag Oksana>
Oksana locked Dmitri's chair in place and got out of the way as her husband started grabbing the belts and strapping in. She gave Dirk a grateful smile as she replied, "Thank you, Dirk. I will."

She sat and strapped in, refusing to take up any more of the Marine's valuable time. By the looks of things, it was going to get rough. She wasn't wrong. Almost before the Marines' rough banter finished, the ship dived deeply down, everyone was thrown against their straps with bruising force, and Oksana threw an arm instinctively across Dmitri's chest to keep him upright. Her neck burned where the straps sawed her skin, her chest hurt from getting thrown against the restraints. Oksana saw with some surprise Dmitri had thrown his arm across her much as she had done to him.
Pale Rider wrote:“Attention all personnel, we have incoming. Brace for impact!”
Oksana shot a look at Dmitri. The expression in his eyes told her everything: love, remorse, and forgiveness lay naked there in equal measure. And determination. That was there, too. She gripped his arm with her free hand and he quickly laced his fingers with hers. Oksana swallowed and gave him a curt nod and they both faced the room and the Marines in it. Whatever came, they were going to meet it head on and they were going to meet it together.

<Tag: Anybody!>
ImageCpl. Dmitri Mikhailovich Barayev
Current Gear
Light Armor
M41A Rifle + 2 clips
VP70 Pistol + 2 clips
Knife
8 grenades
Entrenching Tool
Image Image

"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Roberts squeezed his eyes shut as he felt the ship dive. He swallowed to keep down the contents of his stomach that he had eaten less than five minutes before.
“Sir, we have twenty minutes of oxygen within the vessel. I was able to send a signal to the base before she shutdown. Our attackers are preparing to board us as we speak.
Adrenaline and fear rushed through him when he heard the drastic situation. He couldn't stop the voice in his head that said 'This might be your time.' But Eric pushed the fear aside. He would make his stand with the others, and die on his feet if he was going to die. He was just glad that the enemy was stupid enough to try and board them instead of just waiting for them all to suffocate.

Eric glanced around at the other marines and the two civilians. He barely knew any of them. He had known Morse and Quinn years ago, but neither one reminded him of the nervous, naive men from his memory. Dirk was the only one who was familiar, but he was different now, and his rank made him seem inaccessible. Roberts was likely to die with them now, but the thought didn't bother him as much as it probably should.

Eric pulled out his VP-70 pistol and cocked it. "They picked the wrong boat to fuck with!" he shouted angrily, filled with resolve.

<Tag Anyone>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:51 pm

Sam had gritted her teeth at the sudden maneuver and then closed her eyes tightly as her head and stomach swam; doing her best to keep her nausea down. It was almost with a moment of relief when she felt the ship lurch out of the crazy jinks and into a single steady motion; but then fear eclipsed all of it when the sound of the engines stopped.

Quickly snapping up her Pulse Rifle; she looked to make sure her squad-mates were all okay and saw the newest one; Roberts; charging his pistol and getting geared up for the fight to come. Unstrapping herself; she moved to help any nearby marines that might need it to get into a ready position to fight the incoming intruders. After that; she'd do her best to find some tables or crates or anything else to make some cover out of.

While doing so; she turned to the ship at large and said; "Might I suggest that we attempt a counter-boarding as soon as possible? If we just beat them back; we're still sitting ducks for them to just move away and blast us."

<Tag Everyone>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

MarcusOTerra
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by MarcusOTerra » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:33 pm

((It suddenly occurs to me that I never wrote that I secured myself into a seat.... well DOOM DICE))

Sal had just pulled his rigging down when the deck suddenly lurched and he felt the rush of negative G force. It felt a bit like bliss, then the hard G's came back and it was a punch to the nuts. He swore as he recovered and the ship further lurched in the impact. However the pressure hadn't suddenly cut into void and they weren't on fire, so he figured they'd made it through the worst of it.

Now whomever had just shot their ass now had to deal with a can of pissed off Marines to deal with.

He got out of the harness and felt the soreness in his chest. Bad, but not permanent. He took his rifle from the secure spot and checked the shotgun underslung, he hadn't loaded any. Damn.

He looked to Sam for an order and direction. When she suggested they counter board, Sal spoke up to agree. "They just broke our boat, might as well take theirs as payback."
Salazar 'Salamander' Boothe: 'Private', 'Medic', 'Marine'.
Load out: As Turn Two of Watch Dog
Pulse Rifle: Clip loaded +4 on person.
1 Field Surgery Kit
3 First aid Kits
4 smoke grenades
Breather Mask.

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:33 pm

In an instant Morse was reminded of why he did not like the Snakefighter. He had been outspokenly against their station on it from the first of them being placed on it. And while there was nothing to change that at the moment, that still did not stop Morse from being a bit agitated with their situation.

He had to lift up his Smartgun, which was still strapped to his chest, but it slid a little bit on the ground where he had it. He clutched it tightly as they began to maneuver to avoid the incoming fire. And as they dove Morse yelled. ”Last time we ride on this fuckin’ shit boat!” Hoping the others would agree they’d request a transfer to a Cruiser.

The hit happened and it jostled them all. But when Morse realized they had not in fact been blown into space, and things had steadied he looked around seeing that everyone else was fine.

Then came the call about the boarders. Morse had never been present for a boarding action before, but he had been around for a bad drop. As far as he was concerned this was about the same thing. Still the fact that they were getting in close, he was more then ready.

”Fuck yeah were gonna! These shitsticks’r dead!” Morse spat, agreeing with the general consensus to go and counter board the enemy ship. ”Dead Shots up!” Morse ordered to his squad. ”We got some corpses to make!”

< Tag Anyone

Morse then got up, readied his weapon and prepared to move to the entry point.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:17 pm

Mark swore as the call went out to brace for impact. Anticipating a potential need for dealing with digital security, he’d headed for the stowage to grab his portable computer and associated equipment. Not that he expected to be able to hack their systems and start flying the attacking craft – nobody outside of thriller novels was stupid enough not to use independent systems – but there was still a very real possibility of gaining some very real assets for Military Intelligence to use. Mark quickly tossed the equipment he’d been finagling into an empty bin and sprinted for the doorway. He reached it just as the ship turned and the artificial gravity gave up trying to pull them one direction. Jamming himself in the doorway, he held on for dear life.

Then there was a shake, the feel of static in the air, and nothing. Mark hung in the doorway and blinked a few times. “Shit.” He called out, realizing what had just happened even as Pope’s conversation carried over the intercom to the whole ship. “What the hell are pirates doing with military grade EMPs?” he called out to nobody in particular as he pushed himself back into the storage room where his bag was now floating in the microgravity. He grabbed the bag and wrestled it on to his back. The enemy shorting out the artificial gravity hadn’t made anything easier.

Easier… The zero-g gave him an idea. Hanging on to the shelves, he worked to free one of the cases containing a robot sentry gun. Under normal conditions, it would have been hell to carry one of these on his own (being the weakling he was). Now it was just a simple matter of dragging it behind him while he pulled himself back to where the others were.
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:27 pm

Dirk listened to the announcement with a military detachment. They didn't have a choice about this. With the snakefighter dying they had to take the other ship from it's crew or die with it. Unhooking himself from his seat he stood and turned to the men and women.

"OK people, you heard the man and you all know what this means. We win or die. Squadleaders, take charge of your squads and get ready to push the boarders back onto their ship. With any luck they don't know we're out of the freezers and they think they caught us on our heals. Morse, Sam, we need to secure the bridge and engine room. Once we have those they will have to surrender or we'll vent their rooms to vacuum. Let's move out." Dirk said
<Tag Sam and Morse>

Moving over to Oksana he leaned down so the platoon couldn't hear him. "Listen closely. The locker room has survival suits. Get in them. If we take the other ship the LT or I will send for you two. If we don't.." He sighed at the thought "If we don't I want you two to surrender. Someone will come for you. Good luck"
<Tag Oksana>

"Lt Quinn. We're ready to push boarders back onto their ship and take the engine room and bridge."
<Tag Quinn>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:29 am

When Quinn started to take control of the situation, Morse listened intently at what they were to be instructed to do. He needed to know what his precise operating parameters were for this specific situation. He knew they’d be rather vague, but he needed to know the boundaries.

Morse always needed to know the specifics were, that way he could start reading between the lines and arguing around the margins. A good example of that was the fact that he still was carrying frag grenades, and had every intention of picking up his rocket launcher before leaving the ship.

While conventional wisdom suggested that use of explosives within a ship was not advised, Morse was far more practical. He knew that if the ship was large enough, and they were far enough away from the hull they or anything vital, they could get away with using them. Furthermore he could do some real damage to the vessel, or at least make some very serious threats with weapons of that caliber if he needed to. In general he just found it was always better to have and not need, then to need and not have.

”Yall’s head up to the bridge.” Morse suggested. ”Prolly closer’n yer better at know what to do there’n we are.” Morse continued. ”Dead Shots’ll take the long road… n’ do some smashin’ till there turbines’r ours.” Morse began to moved out of the receiving area to where they were too deploy. ”Don’t worry… won’t break nothin’ vital.” Morse concluded, knowing that he was about to go and get his rocket launcher.

< Tag Dirk and Sam

”Dead shots, to the armory.” Morse ordered ”Grab any other shit you need. Mainly bullets by the bushel.”

< Tag Colson and Eyeball
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Whisky
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Whisky » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:47 am

Colson followed the banter back and forth. And his stomach followed the sudden lurching back and forth. Light's flickered, and power dipped. An EMP then, leaving them dead in the water. Then came the orders and Colson unhooked from his position, swung his weapon around and moved up along side Morse.

Colson had yet to adopt any talismans or lucky charms like his squad leader. His armour was still quite unscathed as well, showing just how green he still was. Instead he reached behind himself to make sure his K52 medical kit was secure before bringing his attention to the here and now.

"Maphks?" Colson lisped, pointing to the storage locker with the re-breather equipment. Despite what most saw in holovids the human body could handle a vacuum without to much trouble. It certainly wasn't comfortable but there was no boiling of the blood or exploding bodies. However breathing in a vacuum was a different matter. Colson didn't mind the bigger boats, but glorified shuttles like this made him all to aware of the void outside.

<Tag Morse
Pvt. Thomas Colson
2nd Squad - Medic

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:13 am

eyeball unstrapped as Morse ordered the "dead shots " up, he grabbed a rebreather checked his load out, made sore he had his hacking equipment and got rdy to follow morse.
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Return to “Operation Eagle Strike”