Turn 32

The 1st Eightballs campaign
pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 32

Post by pants » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:25 am

"Sir, could I get more ammo for myself? I'd hate t'run out. Also - where I can have no incinerator due to atmosphere...maybe a pistol with a few clips, if there's one thing I don't want it's to run dry in mission!"
"Smiles, I insist you carry around a pistol. Heck take two! And some grenades as well they are always handy. You never know when the fuel can on your flamer is going to run out. Once that happens your gonna look pretty silly when you have to beat those cultists, that are still alive, to death with it!"

Nick turned to face Pvt Pyro, as the tall mohawked marine asked his question.
"Sir, does that mean that I would not be going with the rest of them on the mission but rather staying here manning this station?"
"No way marine! Once we hit dirt I want you right there with us. Heck, I don't want you all the way up here when I'm bleeding to death planetside! Your just going to hold off from entering the lifeboats once they are aboard. Your job is to make sure any survivors, once we have verified they aren't contaminated or a cultist, are properly assessed and all wounds patched up. We don't want a serious incident because we didn't look after a VIP properly."
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 32

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 am

James pitched in moving the drums of petrol and canisters of compressed oxygen to the sides making sure everything in the hanger was in tip top shape. He made sure that what ever he and his squaddies moved didn't provide any form of cover for any potential hostiles. It was going to be bad enough with the lifeboats limiting their range of fire and as far as he was concerned they would all be considered infect until proven otherwise.
Once they got everyone out of the lifeboats 1st squad would herd them into the center of the room. He glanced around the hanger again noting the best areas for troop displacement.
"Pfc. Jacob, what do you think about stationing yourself over there on the catwalk so that you will have the high ground to sweep the entire area with your flamer?"
He would make sure to requisition a spare tank for the flame thrower so that his squad would have plenty of fuel for moping the floor clean. Yeah, if things worked out right his boys would have the advantage and then they could get this part of the assignment over and without so much as a scratch.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 32

Post by Apachetear » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:36 am

Pale Rider wrote: "Pfc. Jacob, what do you think about stationing yourself over there on the catwalk so that you will have the high ground to sweep the entire area with your flamer?"
"Sounds like a plan sir, but I don't fancy having a flaming infected cultist running around all over the shop. If I'm flaming can I have Green up here or down there or somewhere to execute any that run like headless chickens..."

'This mission just sounds messier and messier, why can't we just nuke the ship and say it got lost in space or something?' Jacob thought to himself - though, the prospect of finally operating his beloved incinerator unit which he'd trained with so extensively in boot camp in a live combat mission thrilled him more than a little.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 32

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:53 am

"Sounds like a plan sir, but I don't fancy having a flaming infected cultist running around all over the shop. If I'm flaming can I have Green up here or down there or somewhere to execute any that run like headless chickens..."
"My thoughts are that we will get you stationed topside as quickly as possible and the rest of us will post ourselves under your line of fire to nail any who try to run at or away from us. If I had my way we would set off a few stun grenades and then hog tie the lot of them until we could ascertain their culpability. But, then thats just me!"
GM

Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 32

Post by Apachetear » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:22 am

Pale Rider wrote: "My thoughts are that we will get you stationed topside as quickly as possible and the rest of us will post ourselves under your line of fire to nail any who try to run at or away from us. If I had my way we would set off a few stun grenades and then hog tie the lot of them until we could ascertain their culpability. But, then thats just me!"
"Right you are sir" answered Jacob and he moved to his station. 'This guy's turning out alright as far as tactics go, hope he's as good as this when the shooting starts, that'll be his real test' mused Jacob to himself

As he reached the platform, he rested the flamer on a railing and lit a cigarette, before squatting down and beginning to work out the trajectory he'd need to coat the landing area in flame completely. Smoke wreathed around his head and drifted upwards as he angled his flamer...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 32

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:07 pm

"PFC Ronald, fall into place to the left of the stair well. We will form defensive circle here. If it comes down to it we will retreat through the blast doors and see how well they like a little vacuum. Pvt. Con you will cover the area closest to the door I will take the point. No one fires until I give the word. Con, I want you in constant contact with the incoming vessels and with the Sarge. Okay men, let's get this show on the road. Everyone should be locked and loaded."
GM

Image Image Image

Zafubern
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 32

Post by Zafubern » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:25 pm

"Sir, does that mean that I would not be going with the rest of them on the mission but rather staying here manning this station?"
"No way marine! Once we hit dirt I want you right there with us. Heck, I don't want you all the way up here when I'm bleeding to death planetside! Your just going to hold off from entering the lifeboats once they are aboard. Your job is to make sure any survivors, once we have verified they aren't contaminated or a cultist, are properly assessed and all wounds patched up. We don't want a serious incident because we didn't look after a VIP properly."
Zarb felt a little sense of excitment upon hearing that. Afterall, this was his first mission. So how could he not take part in the mission and have a piece of the action?

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”