Turn 37

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 37

Post by Apachetear » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:05 am

At the back of the line, Jacob swept his gun around to scan behind him every 3 meters for 30 seconds, before sweeping round and looking forwards so he'd notice the upcoming terrain - so he was sure not to fall or stumble while his back was turned. He'd noticed the dust - but the thing that troubled him most was the silence...the lack of radio communication and the emptiness of the planet gave a sort of eerie silence...Wishing he had a cigarette - and promising himself one regardless of Ron's outcry - or anyone elses for that matter - when the mission was complete. cutting his comlink to Screaming Eagle's frequency - Jacob considered tapping morse code to the squad leader, but knew the shitstorm that might create - so he switched the com off and continued his slow 360 degree sweep, to an observer outside it must have looked like this man was revolving slowly as he moved stooped down, always looking down the sight of his gun.

Jacob never span enough to become dizzy - he scanned each 90 degree space very carefully before moving to the next one...he had a tight knot of anxiety in his chest...and he knew that it would only get worse until he had a cigarette. Feeling irritable and stressed, Jacob felt sorry for the next thing to give him a hard time - because odds are things would end messily...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 37

Post by StConstantine » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:18 am

Con listened intently. Beside him he could hear James' breath, it was regular but heavy. Fear thought Con not that im not scared, i just know how to control it. Con kept his rifle pointing backwards keeping James' back covered. I hope this goes well he thought to himself
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 37

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:22 am

cutting his comlink to Screaming Eagle's frequency - Jacob considered tapping morse code to the squad leader, but knew the shitstorm that might create
James recognized the sound of his comlink being hit, but only the soft sound of breathing coming through. He advanced forward, examining the area in front of him. About 4 meters down the corrider a door sat recessed to the right; possibly cutting deeper into the interior of the ship. James motioned for Con to stay put. He tapped his face plate and pointed forward that he was going to move ahead to check the rest of the corridor while they waited for the rest of the squad to arrive.
James walked forward another 15 meters and the corridor dead ends into a another corridor that split both directions. He back tracked to where Con sat before the door. He tapped his comlink to connect with the Sarge. "Sarge, we have doorway to the right. The corridor extends another 15 meters and then it dead ends into another corridor which appears to extend in both directions. Do we go on from here or do we investigate the room beyond this doorway?"
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 37

Post by AstroBoy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:11 am

Bojan, being near the rear as part of second squad slowed down to check the rear with the motion tracker and then catch up with the group. Everything seemed to be going okay and it was far too dark for Bojan's likings
William Jones

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 37

Post by tashw » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:32 pm

Eileen moved forward with second squad, peering into the green mists for any signs of movement as they advanced. Despite Priest's briefing she hadn't expected anything quite like this, and she was more more grateful than ever for the motion trackers.

First squad entered the ship and Eileen waited a moment, half anticipating trouble. When that moment passed with nothing happening, she spoke into her radio, "Eagle, what do you see?"
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 37

Post by StConstantine » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:36 am

Con crouched poised on the dusty floor his eye staring down his rifle sites. He could hear acoversation going on between his squad leader and the female voice of the second lieutenant. He didn't listen to the conversation going on, it was unimportant to him. All that mattered at the moment was that he responded to James' orders and he shot anything that was a threat. Con's eyes flicked from his gun sights to the motion tracker at his belt to James, looking for confirmation on their next move.
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 37

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:04 am

When that moment passed with nothing happening, she spoke into her radio, "Eagle, what do you see?"

James heard the LT's voice cutting through the darkness and the silence as he await the sarge's orders. "The corridor is empty at this time. A fine layer of dust has blown in through the opening and as far as I can tell there has been no one to enter the sight recently except for us. When you first enter the opening there is a brief walk to a wall to your right. The corridor extends fifteen meters in a westward bearing and then takes an elbow right turn. Four meters down there is a closed door, fifteen meters further down the corridor dead ends into another corridor which appears to extend east and west, Sir. Shall we continue or do we investigate the room that the door leads into?" He waited patiently as the darkness weighed omniously on him and the rest of the squad.
GM

Image Image Image

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 37

Post by HeavyGlenn » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:11 pm

Ronald went on and on, followed, walked, runned and so on. he looked around with big eyes and was clearly confused, very confused even. He yawned slightly and started to think that all the causion was silly and unneeded, but then again, he would probably get shot if he didnt do all the silly stuff.
an Donaldson

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 37

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:14 pm

Bojan spoke to Steel and said, "Sir, i got a reading of something 25 metres away but was unable to lock in. It was faint but definitely there, it lasted about 10 seconds. What do you reckon.?
William Jones

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 37

Post by pants » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:31 am

"Sir, i got a reading of something 25 metres away but was unable to lock in. It was faint but definitely there, it lasted about 10 seconds. What do you reckon.?
Hearing Pfc Bojans report Nick nodded, and then realised that Bojan couldn't see him through his helmet. Feeling a bit sheepish Nick decided he'd better start talking before anyone noticed.

"Good work Bojan, I'll pass that on to L Cpl Eagle. Which direction was it coming from?"

Nick switched frequencies.

"L Cpl Eagle, Lt Vincent. Pfc Bojan has just reported that he has a possible contact registered 25 metres away. I'm just confirming in which direction it was, but be aware that we may have possible hostile contact."

Readying his rifle Nick started scanning the rear of the platoon making sure that no-one was trying to sneak up on them.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 37

Post by AstroBoy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:35 am

"Good work Bojan, I'll pass that on to L Cpl Eagle. Which direction was it coming from?"
Frim behind sir, i drifted to the back of the group to check that we weren't being followed then i returned to the group to report
William Jones

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 37

Post by pants » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:17 am

From behind sir, I drifted to the back of the group to check that we weren't being followed then I returned to the group to report
Opening up second squads comm frequency, Nick answered Pfc Bojan.

"Good work marine. Keep moving forward in support of first squad, I've got our back but if I start hollering be prepared to drop in on my position to give me some fire support! Pvt Pyro and Pfc Gagarin that goes for you both as well, keep moving forward but when I call you come a running!"

Changing frequencies again Nick readvised the command team of the situation.

"Lt Vincent, L Cpl Eagle. The contact was behind the platoon, which means that someone might be behind us. I've got the situation under control, but should we push on together or do you want second squad to fall back to check and clear that contact? On your word Lieutneant, I'll have second squad about face and checking out the situation."
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 37

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:20 pm

"Lt Vincent, L Cpl Eagle. The contact was behind the platoon, which means that someone might be behind us. I've got the situation under control, but should we push on together or do you want second squad to fall back to check and clear that contact? On your word Lieutneant, I'll have second squad about face and checking out the situation."
"Roger that Sarge, we are holding in front of the side door. Awaiting your orders, Sir!"
GM

Image Image Image

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 37

Post by tashw » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:11 pm

"Hold position while second squad checks this out, Eagle," Eileen replied, then turned back to Sergeant Steel, "Alright Sergeant, let's check out the contact."
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”