Turn 38

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 38

Post by Apachetear » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:14 am

Pale Rider wrote: "Roger that, Honeysett. Okay Marines, unless we hear something otherwise we will be humping it in the direction of 2nd Squad. Any last requests or questions before we light up the night?"
"Is there ANY way I could have a cigarette in this suit?" Jacob asked, in a joking manner but with serious intent.

Having completely forgotten about his thermal imaging, Jacob almost kicked himself when he realised he had something near as good as night vision. Flicking it on, Jacob let himself become accustomed to the blue vision and the white, red and yellow of his comrades. The darker blue, Jacob figured meant shadow as it would be even colder there, and so he clung to the dark blue patches as the advance began, hugging cover and running at a stoop...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 38

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:45 am

"L Cpl Eagle, we have a possible multiple contact situation here. Do not move up to support us, form a defensive postion and if we can't handle whatever it is second squad will fall back to your position. Any questions?"

"Roger that Sarge, we will hold what we have and give you a defensive formation to fall back on. " He looked at their surroundings, he really did not like having his back open to the ship, but then again there didn't really seem like much of an option at this time. He looked around and found something a little more to his liking. "Okay First Squad, we have a few moments to get ourselves situated. The Sarge has asked us to hold our position. I want us to use the same formation as I set forth earlier only difference is I want the door way to our left so that nothing can come out at our backs. Let's tighten up the ranks a little though, no more than 2 yards at each point."
"Is there ANY way I could have a cigarette in this suit?" Jacob asked, in a joking manner but with serious intent.
James grinned and cast a look back at the marine he was coming to know as Smiles. "Tell you what Smiles when we make it out of this we will see what we can do to make your suit cigarette capable. Heck, I don't smoke but, I just might smoke a peace pipe with you loaded with some of our medicinal herbs if you know what I mean!!!!"
He glanced over at Ronald, "Hey Jolly Green Giant, how about we all have a little peace pipe and some hot chocolate on board the ship later?"
"Con man, what do you say? I am sure a man of your talent has procured some things to make life a little more enjoyable. Want to join 1st Squad in a little R&R later on?"
A shiver ran down his spine, Hells Bells, he thought a rabbit just ran over my grave. "Okay gents lets can the chatter and turn our frequency onto the Easy Eights channel. Con, are we in constant feed back with Priest?"
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 38

Post by StConstantine » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:16 am

Con clipped his motion tracker to the bottom of his rifle and moved into a defensive position ready and allert.
"Con man, what do you say? I am sure a man of your talent has procured some things to make life a little more enjoyable. Want to join 1st Squad in a little R&R later on?"
"I don't do that stuff... If we get out alive I would like a beer."
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 38

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:19 pm

He glanced over at Ronald, "Hey Jolly Green Giant, how about we all have a little peace pipe and some hot chocolate on board the ship later?"
"Sir, I dont think this is a good time to discuss that but.. You can keep the toxic stick and I take the chocolate" The green giant laughed and took a deep breath. He used the smartgun system to help him aim and hopefully he would turn everthing "nonhuman" into alien slaughterpieces. [/quote]
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 38

Post by Apachetear » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:41 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Tell you what Smiles when we make it out of this we will see what we can do to make your suit cigarette capable. Heck, I don't smoke but, I just might smoke a peace pipe with you loaded with some of our medicinal herbs if you know what I mean!!!!"
Grinning, Jacob radiod back "I'm in for that plan sir...In fact I think you should make it an order"

Falling into his position in the squad jacob resumed his slightly over-paranoid hugging of cover and shadow, covering every point possible...just waiting for contact...though the tension had gone slightly with that small jest over the comm - it was still very much present, and still much too high for Jacob's liking...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 38

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:47 am

Bojan was starting to get a bit twitchy, obviously he didnt want to shoot an innocent and these definitely didnt look like humans. "Sergeant, do we have permission to fire yet?", Bojan asked. He didnt want to have to wait until they get too close.

He looked around to check on his squadmate Zarb. He seemed to be doing okay but Bojan decided to check, "How are you going Pyro", Bojan asked over the comms.
William Jones

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 38

Post by Nick » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:50 am

The heatsources came closer, some as close as ten meters, but still they where invisible in the green mist. The Marines strained their eyes, squinting to make out any shape in the peasoup like atmosphere. Suddenly Bojan saw how something moved, something very small. The critter was small of statue, almost as large as a cat. The things where almost shapeless and it seemed to have trouble traversing the terrain - It moved slowly towards the Marines. Several other small clumps appeared from the mist and started making their way towards the group.
Site admin

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 38

Post by tashw » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:28 pm

Eileen swung her rifle to cover the closest of the approaching shapes. Peering into the mist she couldn't make out details beyond their size, but that alone was enough to tell that no one would think of describing them as 'dragons'.

Perhaps it was some native animal the survey had missed. She relaxed momentarily, but whatever the things were a lot of them, converging on the marines position.

"Not our dragons," Eileen said over the command frequency, "But I want them cleared out. Even if they're harmless we don't need the motion detectors picking them up. Eagle, stay with the ship, second squad will handle them."

Eileen switched her comms to the squad, "Second squad, I want this area cleared. Make sure of your targets remember we could still have crew out here. Open fire."
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 38

Post by AstroBoy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:28 am

Bojan open fired on his nearest contact. The noise was huge and he hoped this didnt upset these creatures turning them vicious.
William Jones

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 38

Post by StConstantine » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:33 am

Con could hear the sound of weapons firing as second squad opend fire. "Lets just hope second squad wipes everything out before whatever they are get here" Con said to the rest of the squad who had now formed a tight defensive formation. Con glanced down at his motion tracker to check how far the movements were from him.
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 38

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:49 am

The terrain beneath the ship flickered from the muzzle flashes of the M41 rifles. The sound was high pitched, it sounded distorted, and probably had something to do with the higher atmosphere density. The impact flashes danced over the terrain splitting rocks and critters alike. Seemingly oblivious to their brethrens fate the small clumps steadily moved forward until 10mm of death headed their way.

After a few seconds all critters laid in pieces around the marines. Most likely they where attracted by the heat from the marines. Lt Vincent went over and looked at one closer.

The critter was the size of a cat, although round in shape. It reminded of an octopus with all its legs missing - It seemed to be covered in a very dense very short fur. There where no eyes to speak of. The critter propelled itself same way as snails do it seemed, though much faster.

Site admin

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 38

Post by AstroBoy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:13 am

Bojan approached a body of one of the "octopussies" and asked Lt Vincent, "Should we take one for Preist to have a look at?"

These were definitely not dragons but why did they come when we landed?
William Jones

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 38

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:29 pm

"Not our dragons," Eileen said over the command frequency, "But I want them cleared out. Even if they're harmless we don't need the motion detectors picking them up. Eagle, stay with the ship, second squad will handle them."
James heard the LT, "OK, First Squad we are staying put. Keep your arms locked and loaded. If anything moves this way and is not humanoid I want them stopped. Jolly Green, you take them out at the furtherest range possible."
The terrain beneath the ship flickered from the muzzle flashes of the M41 rifles. The sound was high pitched, it sounded distorted, and probably had something to do with the higher atmosphere density. The impact flashes danced over the terrain splitting rocks and critters alike. Seemingly oblivious to their brethrens fate the small clumps steadily moved forward until 10mm of death headed their way.
James watched as the distant sounds of heavy weapons fire could be heard and the distorted shadows danced on the underside of the ship. When the sounds of firing faded and the flashes diminished he listened on the general frequency. Awaiting the alls clear signal from the LT or Sarge.
GM

Image Image Image

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 38

Post by tashw » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:05 pm

Bojan approached a body of one of the "octopussies" and asked Lt Vincent, "Should we take one for Preist to have a look at?"
Eileen shook her head, a pointless move within the confines of her suit. Whatever the creatures were they couldn't have been the cause of the garbled messages about dragons. Probably some harmless local wildlife with an unlucky set of instincts.

"We'll leave the samples for the survey teams. What's the motion tracker read? Are we clear? Is anyone seeing any movement?"
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 38

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:18 pm

Motiontrackers showed a few contacts, most likely first squad.
Site admin

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”