Turn 38

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 38

Post by Nick » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:35 pm

The squads split up according to Vincents order. Lt Vincent along with Sergeant Steel, Bojan, Pyro and Gagarin turned around leaving Squad One guarding the entry area.

Squad two fanned out, moving towards the area Bojan indicated for his contact. The area was amidships of the large luxury liner fifty or so meters. The ground was covered in a find powdery dust with larger rocks in between. Thick banks of greenish mist clouded the view almost completely but they disappeared as fast as they appeared. It was deathly silent, only the breathing apparatuses of thier own suit was all that the Marines heard. "Psscchhtt....Ssssst....Psccchht...Sssst" The sound was eerie and added to the overall gloom feeling that rested on this silent hell of a world.

The squad approached the landing gear spaced out. They circled around the landing gear area and then approached the gear itself. The gear was tremendous in size, large as a small house. The gear rose up into the black belly of the ship. The Marines lights pierced into the gaping darkness but revealed nothing.

Suddenly Squad One came in over the intercom.

"We have contacts...multiple of them heading your direction!"

Seconds later Private Bojans motion detector went alive. Multiple contacts, in every direction closing in on Second squad. Fast.

Site admin

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 38

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:03 pm

Ronald stood on his post, the man felt like he was going to asleep, the hostile crap planet was his new enemy number one. He glared at the rocks, the gases the sky, he friggin hated this place! He snorted and turned around keeping on his little guard thing, he didnt hear a thing and just waited to hear an order which he felt he had lacked this whole mission. But instead to think on all the bad things he turned towards Jacob and dreamt about a can of beer, a bag of crisps and random modern movie with as many red headed chicks as possible.
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 38

Post by Apachetear » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:39 pm

Jacob looked at Ronald's far away look and knew he was dreaming, switching his intercom on to Ronald's frequency Jacob said into it "Are you enjoying the redheads?" Grinning, Jacob flicked off his frequency and continued patroling, He was being as cautious as possible, as he patrolled he hugged the shadows and the cover, sweeping his gun 360 degrees, always covering every possible direction when he reached a new shadow or piece of cover, he never stood upright, nor did he ever turn his torch on, knowing that his night vision would be better than any torch could ever be. With a torch he could focus on what was in the beam of light, but anything outside of that beam he was blind to. With no torch on he could see everything, not in minute detail - but he could see everything and identify, or so he thought.

Jacob could guess others may see him as being overly cautious on his sentry duty, but this planet had given him the creeps - on the journey here he'd had to stop himself jumping at shadows...there just wasn't something right about this place, he could feel it somehow...

As he scanned the darkness he switched the com to Ronald back on and whispered into it again "can your smartgun sense anything? If this place goes crazy - we'll stick together, like in the cultist's HQ...we were invincible there Ron, nothing could stand up to us...and if we see this mission through, I'll buy you a drink" This sort of talk, Jacob reasoned, built up his confidence and Ronald's - and god knows Jacob thought he needed to boost his confidence - he felt shaky about the mission now, and nothing had happened.

Pretending to draw on an imaginary cigarette, Jacob felt a knot tightening in his chest where he craved nicotine. His breathing became shallow as he panicked at the knot slightly, but he quickly regulated his breathing - he didn't want his space safety suit to steam up and limit his vision, next mission he'd bring nicotine gum and nicotine patches...that should seem him through - unless it was a non-stealth mission, then he'd smoke and to hell with it...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Zafubern
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 38

Post by Zafubern » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:38 pm

Zarb was scared from that message. He felt a surge of energy flowing though his body, it was a mixture of excitment yet fear. This was his first mission and he was excited at the same time scared due to the multiple enemies approaching them. He turned to Pfc Bojans and asked, "Pfc, do you reckon that is a good or bad sign? Have you come across anything like this before whereby the motion tracker shows contacts closing in on us from every possible direction instead of one?"

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 38

Post by StConstantine » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:10 am

"Damn" Con swore "what the hell are we gonna do". Con clipped his motion tracker back in its holster and grabbed hold of his rifle with both hands. "The motion tracker is useless now, its gonna be a fire fight i think." Turning to James Con asked "ok, what are our orders? I've never fought a dragon before". Before he knew it Con was laughing, "a dragon... i'll be like those big guys in armour and swords... only I think I like my sword better" Con said with a gesture to his pulse rifle.
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 38

Post by Apachetear » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:52 am

Looking at Con, Jacob flicked his comlink on "Con, get that tracker out again, we've got nothing closing in on our squad yet - and it'd be nice to know they were coming before a dragon bursts out of the dark or gunfire lights us up" whispered Jacob fiercely "It may hamper the holding of your gun, but until the enemy gets closer to our squad, you don't need a gun, so get it out - drop it and start aiming when the enemy is close enough to be an immediate threat"

Jacob felt bad for snapping like that at the relatively green squadmember, but he kept the rebuke just on Con's frequency, as he might feel humiliated if he'd said that in front everyone. Still, it was better to let him know than to die.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 38

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:44 pm

Pfc, do you reckon that is a good or bad sign?
"Zarb, have you ever known being surrounded to be good", Bojan gave Pyro an incredulous glance as he continued, "And no, this hasnt happened to me before."

The shit was starting to hit the fan. This felt more normal than silence, but not being able to see the contacts was very unnerving.

Bojan flipped his thermal cam down and looked around to see if anything was visible.
William Jones

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 38

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:56 pm

Suddenly Squad One came in over the intercom.

"We have contacts...multiple of them heading your direction!"

Seconds later Private Bojans motion detector went alive. Multiple contacts, in every direction closing in on Second squad. Fast.
James swore softly under his breath, the two squads worked independently of one another certainly, but each one was responsible for the other as well. He clicked over to the squad frequency, "Alright marines, lets prepare to send cultists and dragons alike to met their maker. I want all nonnecessary com dropped. We will take a defensive formation and on my order we will head toward 2nd Squad to offer them fire support and a place to fall back. I will take point. I want Con directly behind me with a 5 yard distance. To Con's right I want Ron. Jacob you will take the left side of the triangle. We will protect Con first and foremost, he is the man with the MD as well as the direct link with Priest and the mothership. Con you should be able to fasten the Motion Detector to your rifle if it makes you more comfortable. Ron its your responsibility to make sure anything over 2000 meters is stopped in its track if it is not human in shape at all. Jacob, do you still have the incinerator or what I like to call the SinEater?" James waited patiently for each man to signal their understanding of their orders. He scanned the area in front of them. Dagnabit, I wish we had not gotten to far apart, he thought. If we get out of this alive I think we really need to look into getting a third squad together for handling such things. Maybe the "Easy Eights" can get a recon unit to assist in checking things out."
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 38

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:09 pm

"Aye aye captain" said Ronald jokingly and closed his channel. He stepped onto his spot, checked that his gun was okey a last time and aimed it towards the target area and waited... He was cool, he was ready, it was time to spray this friggin planet with dragon blood...
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 38

Post by Apachetear » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:18 pm

"Incinerator, I've got it sir...but it's not in optimum working conditions - I can't say how effective it will be, and I'm unwilling to make a test shot because I'll ruin my night vision sir" Responded Jacob

Behind cover in his position he aimed and lay wait for the enemy to approach...the incinerator beside him anyway...just incase.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 38

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 pm

"Incinerator, I've got it sir...but it's not in optimum working conditions - I can't say how effective it will be, and I'm unwilling to make a test shot because I'll ruin my night vision sir" Responded Jacob
"Roger that, Honeysett. Okay Marines, unless we hear something otherwise we will be humping it in the direction of 2nd Squad. Any last requests or questions before we light up the night?"
GM

Image Image Image

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 38

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:04 pm

Bojan flipped his thermal cam down and looked around to see if anything was visible.
Using his thermal cam, Bojan could see the contacts slowly closing in. They seemed to be the size of a cat or rabbit.
William Jones

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 38

Post by pants » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:01 am

"Bojan what have we got on the tracker? Give me what you've got, now marine!"

Nicks mind was going into overdrive but he wasn't sure what they were facing and without that information things could go very badly, very quickly.

"Second squad grab some cover and assuming firing positions! Do not fire until we have visual contact, I don't want to blow away any survivors by mistake. Remember order them to drop their weapons and lie face down, if they don't, they get a bullet. Lt Vincent can you see anything I haven't covered?"

Nicks rifle came up and he scanned the hallway for anything that might be an enemy. Then Nick remembered first squad and he switched frequencies to inform them of the situation.

"L Cpl Eagle, we have a possible multiple contact situation here. Do not move up to support us, form a defensive postion and if we can't handle whatever it is second squad will fall back to your position. Any questions?"
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 38

Post by AstroBoy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:03 am

"Bojan what have we got on the tracker? Give me what you've got, now marine!"
We have multiple contacts closing from all directions. You can see them on thermal imaging. They're about the size of a cat so i'd guess these are our dragons as they're definitely not human.

Bojan made for cover as ordered and aimed at the closest "cat" he could see.

OOC: 2nd squads outside and under the ship while 1st is holding the door, right?
William Jones

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 38

Post by Nick » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:59 am

OOC: Second squad is outside First squad is holding at the entrance.
Site admin

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”