Turn 41

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 41

Post by Nick » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:48 pm

The creature twisted sharply right as the first guns fired dashing for safety. A trail of impacts blazed across it's chest and face. The small flashes as the 10mm light armor piercing rounds exploded inside the creature sent milk colored fluid spurting in all directions. The creature screamed a high pitched scream as it was torn to pieces by the hail of fire, it slumped to the ground, immidiately it was covered in a white smoke that erupted all around it where the fluid had struck.

The buzz saw like sound of the M56 Smartgun died out. A few seconds it was silent.

Then all hell broke lose, the motiontracker went wild. Multiple contacts from all directions. Suddenly someone was firing in Squad two.

Squad twos Smartgun burped a few times Gagarins voice came through "Get some...yeah you too...get some...you ugly motherfuck...ough...Get it off me...get it off!!! Nooooo...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiii" The scream was desperate and was cut short.

"It grabbed Gosha!" Pyro screamed. "They're under the floor! Lets get the fuck out of here!" a panick struck voice screamed. "Pyro watch out!" another desperate cry screeched over the intercom.

OOC: The motiontracker image moments before the attack began can be found here: http://uscm.03b2.com/adventures/mission ... motion.jpg

Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 41

Post by Apachetear » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:09 am

"Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit...." Muttered Jacob under his breath.

"Guys! Shall we leave? Judging by the number these weird things out here I think it's safe to assume the people we need to rescue are dead by now!"

Jacob aimed with his gun, firing at anything not identifiable as a marine - he aimed for the midpoint in their elongated heads, firing a short 3 round burst (OOC: Assuming the aliens are visible) In between shots he scanned the ground and the wall, why the hell were they coming through there?

Considering it, Jacob unslung the incinerator and called out "Tell me when the blips are 50 metres in front, they're gonna toast!"

Smiling Grimly Jacob considered briefly that this might be his last mission - but he was damned if he was gonna get killed by some 'dragon' - he'd never live it down...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 41

Post by pants » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:58 am

Chaos erupted as several...things came barreling towards second squads position. Nick's imagination was pretty good but even he couldn't have imagined these things without the aid of some kind of drug.

Nick was shocked at the sudden appearance of these 'dragons' and he froze, his mind struggling to come to terms with these abrupt events. It was at exactly the wrong time.

Pfc Gagarin opened fire with his Smartgun, the flashes illuminating the corridor, and Nick could hear him through his comm headset "Get some...yeah you too...get some...you ugly motherfuck...ough...Get it off me...get it off!!Nooooo...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiii" The scream was desperate and was cut short as one of the creatures evaded his fire and leapt onto him.

"It grabbed Gosha!" Pyro screamed.

"They're under the floor! Lets get the fuck out of here!" a panick struck voice screamed.

Nick was still trying to recover from this desperate turn of events when he saw another creature start to make a leap for Pvt Pyro.

"Pyro watch out!" another desperate cry screeched over the intercom. Nick could barely recognise his voice as he made this desperate cry.

(OOC: I do remember giving orders for incinerators to be handed out for the mission, but I don't remember specifying who got them. So yeah Bojan can have one! I'll clarify that in the future.)
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 41

Post by StConstantine » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:33 am

Con almost lost it at the sight of the contacts. He was so scared he almost forgot to do anything, luckely his instincts kicked in and he began firing short controlled bursts at the creatures. Through his comms he could faintly hear that they had taken Gosha from second squad. "Eagle" Con said with a shaking voice "would it be a good time to get out of here?"

The contacts on Con's motion tracker were going wild, almost as if they were jumping around on top of each other. "DIE FUCKS" Con yelled pulling off a few more rounds and looking around for more cover.
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 41

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:49 am

For gods sake there is nothing to panic abou... Okey time to panic thought Ronald who shot randomly down the corridor and every target he saw. He wanted to run home to moma and tell her he was sorry but that was damn sure to late for that and the poor man kept fighting for his life, begging God almighty to either kill all the monsters or better make Ronalds leaders to decide to retreat.
an Donaldson

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 41

Post by tashw » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:31 pm

Eileen, froze for a second as the corridors erupted into chaos around her. Screams and movement and firing as something tore into her squads. She fired into what she could see, but with nothing but glimpses of the attackers.

One thing was sure. If they stayed here they were going to get shredded.

"Eagle," Eileen yelled over the chaos, "Get first squad forward to the Equpment Room now! Take down anything in your way, but do not stop."

"Second squad, keep right behind them, cover the rear. Anything moves, shoot it."

"Move, now!"
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 41

Post by Apachetear » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:59 am

Hearing this, Jacob went into automatic pilot, he knew what would get them to the equipment room alive.

He switched weapons so he was holding the incinerator, and called to James "Let me take the point, I can walk and torch - clear the corridor out, as long as I can get a man aiming over my shoulder for gribblies that may find their way through!"

Not even waiting for a reply, Jacob aimed the incinerator and let a gout of fire walk about 50 metres down the corridor, hosing everything 10 metres away up to 50 with fire. and he started walking, sending a gout of fire down the corridor every five paces, so that the sheet of flame could walk up the corridor pretty continuously.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 41

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:43 am

Bojan stayed with the remnants of second squad firing at whatever was more dangerous. When he found a bit of time, he slung his rifle and pulled off his incinerator slowing to get to the back of the group firing indescriminately back down the hall.

"The shit's really hit the fan, hasnt it sir?" Bojan said to Steel, "What i want to know is how they all just appeared." Things were not going well in Bojan's view. Running away from their exit, surrounded and one man down were not conducive of a mission where odds on survival were high. Bojan hoped Pyro was ok, it'd be bad if he was serioulsy hurt on his first mission.
William Jones

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 41

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:28 pm

"Eagle," Eileen yelled over the chaos, "Get first squad forward to the Equpment Room now! Take down anything in your way, but do not stop."
"Roger that LT," James shouted into the mike. "Okay, first squad lets roll, the cue stick has struck us solid and we are aiming to sink the eight ball with the break." He began strolling forward, his weapon ready to let loose a steady stream of metal jacketed death on whatever and whoever happened step in between him and the equipment room.
"Let me take the point, I can walk and torch - clear the corridor out, as long as I can get a man aiming over my shoulder for gribblies that may find their way through!" He started walking, sending a gout of fire down the corridor every five paces, so that the sheet of flame could walk up the corridor pretty continuously.
James started to move into the firing position, but reflected on the fact that he was by no means the tallest of the group. "Ron, bring the smartgun up to support Jacob. Con, how far to the equipment room based on the readout?" James switched to the command frequency, "Sarge, LT, do you need one of us to fall back to Second to add fire power?" He continued to walk forward his eyes covering the ground beneath his feet. During the ensuing attack, he had thought he heard someone screaming about them coming out of the floor.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 41

Post by Apachetear » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:08 am

Glancing at Ron over his shoulder, Jacob grinned and said "Like old times...eh? Except this time we're facing goddamn freaky aliens and not crazed near unarmed cultists...make sure I don't move too far in front and get targeted by your smartgun, I don't want that - I'm sure you don't either"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”