Turn 44

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 44

Post by Nick » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:51 am

The 8th Platoon moved out, leaving the flickering light of the equipment room behind them. The sharp light cast long shadows into the dark hallway in front of them. The cramped hallways roof was covered with pipes and cables, the raw metal of the walls had a fine layer of rust over it and everything glistened as if covered by a fine layer of moist.

Sergeant Steele half draggin half carrying the unconscious Private Pyro together with Bojan. Lt Vincent guided Steele as he was forced to move backwards in the bulky space suit - It was hot as hell down here and everyone sweated prodigious ammounts.

Water dripped from the roof constantly, further up steam hissed through a cracked pipe and a white plume fluttered in the light of Eagles shoulder light. Private Alexander had the rear and moved backwards just behind Pvt Pyros unconcious body. The flickering light slowly distanced away, now twenty meters away.

Eagle checked is motiontracker, still no contacts. The rumbling had increased in intensity but it still could be felt more than heard.

Suddenly the door of the equipment room closed with a hiss. The white light was cut off and the corridor was flooded with darkness, only the marines shoulder lights held the darkness at bay.

Suddenly Eagles motiontracker went alive. First a single contact in the equipment room. Then they appeared all around them. Multiple contacts in all directions.

"They're coming again!" someone shouted. "They're beneath the floor!" someone screamed.

Mayhem ensued.

OOC: Current contact map: http://uscm.03b2.com/image/briefings/turn44motion.jpg

Site admin

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 44

Post by pants » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:25 am

"They're coming again!" someone shouted. "They're beneath the floor!" someone screamed.
Nick was breathing and sweating heavily from dragging the unconcious Pvt Pyro along the corridor to the equipment room. The shouting indicating that the platoon was about to get another unwelcome visit from the creatures, sent a shiver down his spine but having already faced them once the fear he felt now, was lessened.

"Bojan get your rifle ready and support Con in holding our rear! I've got Pyro."

Nick was torn. Should he put down Pyro and start blowing these creatures away or keep a grip on the marine in case they had to make a break for it? The indecision was frustrating him.

"Take 'em down hard marines!" he yelled over the comm, some of the frustration he was feeling showing in his voice.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 44

Post by Apachetear » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:41 am

Dropping to one knee, Jacob fired a short stream of fire down the corridor. The 30 second burn the flames had after contact with a surface enabling the corridor to remain lit for a short while so that the area immediately ahead could be scanned.

While the light remained, Jacob moved forward again with the squad, figuring that to remain static was to die. He held the incinerator firmly, but always kept in mind that his pulse rifle was within easy reach...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 44

Post by Nick » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:58 am

Suddenly Steel felt how something lifted him from below, looking down he was awestruck to se an Alien lifting the section of grid he was standing on frantically clawing after Private Pyro.
Site admin

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 44

Post by StConstantine » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:03 pm

"Oh No" Con said to no one in particular, "here we go again".
Suddenly Steel felt how something lifted him from below, looking down he was awestruck to se an Alien lifting the section of grid he was standing on frantically clawing after Private Pyro.
Con quickly put his rifle against his shoulder and started aiming at Steels feet. "Don't move ao much man, i can't get a clean shot". Unsure of whether or not to shoot Con whipped out his combat knife and started hacking at the arm protuding from the grid under Steel. "Some one give me a hand" he yelled over his shoulder.
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 44

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:42 pm

Ronald had enough. He shot once or twice before he dropped his smartgun and put everthing into running trying to reach the exit they had used. He didnt give a damn about the others he just wanted to get out, he pushed anyone who got in his way, screaming almost in panic.
Last edited by HeavyGlenn on Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
an Donaldson

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 44

Post by tashw » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:15 pm

Eileen cursed as first the lights went out and then all hell broke loose.

"Keep calm, get some lights on the floor, if you see any movement fire." Before Eileen could follow her own instructions she saw Steele suddenly move as the floor beneath him jolted.
Con quickly put his rifle against his shoulder and started aiming at Steels feet. "Don't move ao much man, i can't get a clean shot". Unsure of whether or not to shoot Con whipped out his combat knife and started hacking at the arm protuding from the grid under Steel. "Some one give me a hand" he yelled over his shoulder.
Eileen jammed a foot against the grid, trying to delay the creature's rise.

"Steele, get Pyro out of here," Eileen yelled, then stuck the muzzle of her rifle under the flailing arm, attempting to jam it in the creature's body, and fired.
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 44

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:18 am

The pulse rifle bucked and vibrated in Elieens hands as she depressed the trigger. The Alien shrieked and withdrew, mortally wounded, into the darkness below.
Site admin

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 44

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:18 am

Bojan turned around ready to fire but saw that he wasn't needed therefore he turned to cover the rear again. Bojan hoped that they weren't too late to save the civilians. If they were, the platoon would just have to get out again without any more intel. Still they were the marines, it was their duty to help and nothing was going to stop them
William Jones

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 44

Post by Apachetear » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:02 am

Not glancing back at the commotion, trying not to compromise the frontal position of the squad he put his com on all channels and called "Shall we carry on pushing forward? Staying still is just bloody stupid!"

He couldn't see the commotion behind him, but he could guess what was happening. He was about to look back when he heard the brief report of a pulse rifle, when it stopped - he assumed the situation had been dealt with...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 44

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:31 pm

"I have got, three bogies at the far bend in the corridor and two coming at our rear. We have got to pick them up and move it so we can get into another sealed location." James heared the gun fire of the smart gun behind him burb once and then once more before it fell quiet and the sound of pounding feet could be heard racing away from him. "Ron, get back here, now. Sarge, LT. I think we have got a runner headed your direction. It seems Ron has flown the coop.
James quickly made the turn down the corridor that headed toward the cpu room.
"Shall we carry on pushing forward? Staying still is just bloody stupid!"
"Jacob, you should be coming on a turn to the left very quickly. Take it and come hard, I will try to get the door open so we can hole up again. Sarge, do you copy? I am going for the CPU room, get the rest of the squad here as quickly as possible. Con, I need your ass here on the double."
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 44

Post by tashw » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:17 pm

"Ron, get back here, now. Sarge, LT. I think we have got a runner headed your direction. It seems Ron has flown the coop.
"Steel, stop that idiot," Eileen snapped at the Sergeant. Before she could say anything else Eagle spoke again.

"Jacob, you should be coming on a turn to the left very quickly. Take it and come hard, I will try to get the door open so we can hole up again. Sarge, do you copy? I am going for the CPU room, get the rest of the squad here as quickly as possible. Con, I need your ass here on the double."
Eileen cursed as half her team began to head off in another direction.

"Con, you stay right where you are I need you on the rear. Keep your light on the floor, shoot anything you see coming."

"Eagle, we do not need to hole up anywhere. All they're doing is using the crawlspace under the floor, keep a light on the floor grille ahead, fire on any movement, stop them before they get under you. It's shooting fish in a barrel, Corporal, now continue to the Engine room."
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 44

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:26 pm

"Eagle, we do not need to hole up anywhere. All they're doing is using the crawlspace under the floor, keep a light on the floor grille ahead, fire on any movement, stop them before they get under you. It's shooting fish in a barrel, Corporal, now continue to the Engine room."
"With all due respect LT, our plans were enter the CPU room and reboot the computers and locate the primary objectives through the ships guest tracker. If those plans have changed then by all means I am for your orders! Now, we can stand here and debate all day while these things keep coming up at us or we can get our butts in gear and accomplish this mission without any further injuries to our men."

James glanced at the tracker and saw that the alien lifeforms were coming closer. "LT, we have five seconds before this hallway whether in front or underneath of us is crawling with those black ugly sucker!"
GM

Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 44

Post by Apachetear » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:19 am

Turning round and running back to the hole where the alien had grappled for Steele, Jacob leant on one knee and stuck his incinerator down the hole "Fire should spread some distance underneath this floor, compressed space and all that...." Looking to his superiors for permission, Jacob waited..."This fire'll be a deterrent to them using this again I hope, might toast any that are down there already too!, do I have permission to fire?"

He'd seen Green run, and right now...he wanted 2 things more than he'd wanted anything else in his life...a cigarette, and retribution - these clawed fiends had killed Gagarin, at least he guessed that they had - he didn't think there was much chance of finding him alive, and they'd soon claim his squaddie and the only person who he didn't still consider to be a meatshield other than Nick, Bojan or the LT...after this mission, he'd think of them as real people - but at the moment he was inwardly smiling that he'd never made friends with Pyro, as his judgement might have been clouded by anger and outrage at his wounding - and the last thing Jacob needed was to compromise his own position.

He was sad about Green, yes. But what kind of fool drops their smartgun before they run off...he was as good as dead - and, well, he felt himself getting angrier and angrier, his judgement was becoming clouded - 'see, that's what happens when you make friends' he thought to himself, but looking at the scene around him, he also appreciated that friends were probably the most important thing right now, as they were the ones covering his back...if they hadn't run off...

Smiling grimly to himself, he decided to suffer the friendship of the people here while he was still alive - though that may not be for much longer...

All that thought buzzed through Jacob's head in a split second, looking back up at his superiors he yelled "WELL? SHOULD I BURN? JUST NOD YOUR FUCKING HEAD"

Looking at Nick, Jacob instantly felt sorry and said, audibly "Sorry Sir" on Nick's comline...still, he didn't want to fire down here and accidentally detonate the gas mains of the ship - blowing the place to merry hell...

Awaiting the yay or nay, he made the decision then and there

"Jim, Sir, My bullet support is over the hills, I can't work with flame alone, I'm taking point with you even if it's not ok, I'm not gonna let my life depend on a flamethrower!"

(OOC: After flaming/not flaming depending on the go ahead or no go)

Holding his flamer at the hip, he then moved as speedily as his suit would allow him until he stood beside his squad leader, he stood a little in front, not because he wanted to - if anything he'd prefer James to be in front, as some form of meat shield - but he wouldn't be able to justify holding a flamer behind his squad leader and firing it...no - he'd have to be in front this time...sadly

"knew we should've brought 'nade launchers with us" he muttered to himself...a couple of spider mines down the hole the alien gouged would happily scuttle off to detonate next to those vicious bastards...

'no doubt about it, when it's died down - I'm getting me a smile from one of those things' he thought to himself - assuming he was gonna survive long enough to do so...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 44

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:02 am

Ronald kept on running, ignoring the voices of his comrades and ignored any hissing or screams he would hear. He ran down the corridor and finally saw the way out. In panic he started to pushing the buttoms at the control panel, hopping anything will get the giant steel door open. His big fingers smashed at the buttons futily not knowing how to operate the damn thing at all.
an Donaldson

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”