Turn 45

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 45

Post by Nick » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:07 am

In the cramped service corridors of the Andromeda the sound level of gunfire was deafening even when wearing a spacesuit. The pressure waves from the muzzle flashes hammered against the chests of the Marines as they rapidly dispensed death to the hell spawned creatures. They died with horrible shrieks as the 10mm light armor piercing slugs slammed into them and exploded beneath their skin, tearing them apart.

Then suddenly they where gone as fast as they had appeared. The ears of the Marines rung fiercly in the thick silence that followed and the adrenaline from the battle stung in their fingers.

One of the creatures bodies rapidly started to melt through the metal grid in a gush of white smoke - A mist of white smoke covered the corridor, a mix of gunsmoke and the fumes evarporating from the creatures as their bodies melted together with anything that came in contact with their blood.

Private Green frantically banged the door panel trying to get it open. After a few seconds Green managed to get a grip on himself. He turned around to go to the others.

Then the door opened behind him with a hiss. Knowing someone had opened it from inside Green turned around slowly. Feeling his blood slowly freezing to ice as he turned. The strong bright light blinded him momentarily making it hard to make out any figures.

Then his vision cleared. A Colonial Marine was aiming at him with a pulse rifle, with a grin on his face. Behind him three other Marines also clad in survival suits peeked over the Marines shoulder.

But there was something familiar over the newcomers face.

"Cpl Morrison!!!"

OOC: In the future to clear up where everyone is I would like a formation description from the Sergeant or Lieutenant each Turn. At least I need to know who goes first and who goes last.
Site admin

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 45

Post by AstroBoy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:40 am

Bojan grinned, his squad leader was back. Not that Steel was incompetent, but it was nice to have someone who you were more familiar with to work with. But quickly, Bojan returned to his job of watching the rear, chit chat could be made up after they got out of there.

OOC: Thats the equipment room door, right?
William Jones

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 45

Post by tashw » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:12 pm

"Morrison?" Eileen repeated, trying to peer through the noxious looking smoke diffusing through the corridors to confirm what, or rather who, Green had run into. "Morrison? Grab that idiot, haul his arse up here, and explain to me what the hell you're doing here."
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 45

Post by Apachetear » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:11 am

Looking at the steaming bodies that were sinking into the floor, Jacob knelt down close and dipped the tip of his ring finger into the alien's blood...to see what it was like initially, secondly to make a smily face on his suit...

he was thankful of the new help arriving, and after he'd had a look at this weird blood - he'd go over and greet them and calm Green down...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 45

Post by StConstantine » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:17 am

Con looked at the new comer unsure of who he was or what to do. He looked at the sergent and then at his squad leader.
"Ummm... actually guys" Con said stopping to think for a second "can we get into some god damn cover before we make our introductions. This may be all emotional for you guys but I dont want the back of my suite ripped out by psyco aliens"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 45

Post by Jocke » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:45 am

tashw wrote:"Morrison?" Eileen repeated, trying to peer through the noxious looking smoke diffusing through the corridors to confirm what, or rather who, Green had run into. "Morrison? Grab that idiot, haul his arse up here, and explain to me what the hell you're doing here."

Morrison grabbed Green, and turned him towards the group down the hall, kicking his behind and shoving him down the corridor. His knee throbbed with a dull pain for every step he took; Priest was a good medic, and he did know how to fix up a broken body and administer painkillers. But he lacked that certain emotional touch that one would get from a human.

"Goddamit Marine! Where is your weapon!? Why are you out of formation!? No, don't bother with answering me! Just pickup that smartgun and get back in line!" Morrison barked as he manouvered the burly marine down the hall.

"He'll need that famous irish luck to get away from this one with anything less than a NJP" Morrison thought.

He stopped briefly to look at the weird creature sinking thru the floor. Someone very familiar was doing something very familiar by the body.

"Smiles! Step away from that!" He yelled to his platoonmate.

He then turned to face his LT.

"Freight-ship showed up, carrying these boots- they volounteered for the "Costa". Probably eager for some real triggertime- you know how boots are." Morrison sighed.

"Freighter made it's way. I couldn't reach any of you on the comnet, so I figured you needed help, and since I'm not about to send down a batch of greenies without any experience- I told Priest to fix me up, and the swabbies to prep for a drop. Priest is taking care of our guests. So here I am. What's the sitrep, ma'm?" Morrison continued, feeling rather on edge. But he knew that he had to keep it together, or people would get killed.

OOC: "Boots" is a term for marines fresh out of bootcamp. "Swabbies" is a derogatory term that marines use for people in the navy. And "NJP" is "Non Judicional Punishment" the lowest kind of 'formal' punishment given out in the military.
Last edited by Jocke on Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 45

Post by HeavyGlenn » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:27 pm

Green yelped as he got kicked, he didnt say a word and slowly and unwillingly went back to his gun, he picked up the large gun and sighed, looking dreamingly towards the exit and avoided looking at the others in shame or was looking around to see if there were any new aliens to run away from.
an Donaldson

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 45

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:52 pm

Since the original plans had called for the marines to take the CPU room and turn it into a forward command center as well as reboot the system James continued down the line to the CPU room.
"Lt, I am at the door to the CPU room, I would prefer to get under cover here so that we can regroup and maybe resupply with the arrival of the new boots and CPL Morrison."
He kept his eyes ahead searching the floor as well as the ceiling.
Con looked at the new comer unsure of who he was or what to do. He looked at the sergent and then at his squad leader.
"Ummm... actually guys" Con said stopping to think for a second "can we get into some god damn cover before we make our introductions. This may be all emotional for you guys but I dont want the back of my suite ripped out by psyco aliens"
"Con, come on down to the CPU room, we need to get this door open and then try to get the systems online."
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 45

Post by Jagr35 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:02 pm

PVT Shepherd immediately kneeled as he went inside the doorway, making a quick adjustment to his Combat Lifesaver pouch as he did. Scanning the area he was surprised at the discussion and emotion that emanated from both CPL Morrison and the squad they had been sent to reinforce.

“CPL? Where do you want us?â€
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 45

Post by Jocke » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:05 pm

[quote=""Jagr35""]“CPL? Where do you want us?â€
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Wolfy
Private

Turn 45

Post by Wolfy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:05 pm

As the door slid open Bob had his rifle readied. After realising it was another Marine, he quickly made his way out and checked how the corridor. "Sir, what're our orders? Surely we can't stay here?" He said, he was still unsure what was going on, but he knew that he had to keep himself together, so far, all he had seen was black shapes moving around, for all he knew they were these marines, though something told him otherwise.
ob Youman
2nd Squad

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 45

Post by tashw » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:01 am

...So here I am. What's the sitrep, ma'm?" Morrison continued, feeling rather on edge. But he knew that he had to keep it together, or people would get killed.
"We've got hostile aliens on the ship. They're using the floor crawlspace to move, so make sure you keep an eye to the ground. Gagarin is currently missing, Pyro's unconscious and your new guys just got assigned to second squad. We're moving to the CPU room to try to reboot the computer and get a full scan of the ship. I'll give you more detail when we're set up there."
"Lt, I am at the door to the CPU room, I would prefer to get under cover here so that we can regroup and maybe resupply with the arrival of the new boots and CPL Morrison."
"Agrees, Eagle," Eileen replied, "First squad, join Eagle at the CPU room. Eagle, open the door and secure the CPU room."

"Sergeant Steel and... Shepherd was it?" Eileen glanced towards the new marine who had moved up to assist the Sergeant with Pyro, "Get Pyro down there after them, then watch their backs."

"Morrison, second squad will keep this corridor clear. Watch the floor grilles, if you see any movement assume it's hostile. Bojan, you and me to the front. Morrison, you and..." realising she didn't know the names of the other two newcomers, Eileen settled for nodding in their direction, "You three keep the rear."

"And everyone stay alert for any access points. There may be other maintenance routes these things can use. "
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 45

Post by AstroBoy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:13 am

Bojan, you and me to the front.
Yes ma'am replied Bojan.

Before Steel left, Bojan gave him the medipack thinking it'd be more useful near Pyro and asked Con for the motion tracker as Screaming Eagle still had Bojan's.
William Jones

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 45

Post by StConstantine » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:53 am

"Con, come on down to the CPU room, we need to get this door open and then try to get the systems online."
"Sure thing Corporal" Con said, a smile slowly apearing on his lips. "I'm sure the new cannon fodd... uh, recruits have everything under control here" he said winking in the direction of the new recruits. "Here you go Danny" Con said handing his motion tracker to Daniel "I'll be with my mate Eagle over here so i probably wont need it right now".

Con jumped over the blood of the alien creature and walked over to Screaming Eagle. Looking at the door con pulled out his computer hacking equipment and got to work on the door. A few sparks shot out at him as he cut off the panel to the door's controls. looking the other way Con struck up conversation with james, "who is that Morrison guy? Alot of the guys seem to know him somehow."
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 45

Post by Nick » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:02 am

Suddenly a shriek of pain pierced the silence. Pfc Honeysett was waving his hand frantically his index finger smoking as the alien blood rapidly ate through his thick glove and bit into his skin.

In mere moments his fingertip was striped clean of all flesh and a white pierce of bone stuck out of his ragged smoking glove finger.
Site admin

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”