Turn 45

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 45

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:30 pm

Suddenly a shriek of pain pierced the silence. Pfc Honeysett was waving his hand frantically his index finger smoking as the alien blood rapidly ate through his thick glove and bit into his skin.

In mere moments his fingertip was striped clean of all flesh and a white pierce of bone stuck out of his ragged smoking glove finger.

James spun as the first shriek peeled itself from Jacob's lips, pulse rifle ready. When he saw Pfc. Honeysett waving his hand in the air, he shook his head realize what the man had done. He raced back up the portal to where Honeysett was dancing his little jig. With the finger still pointing out from the rest of his hand James quickly pressed the arm to the wall with his left hand and swung the tomohawk with his right aiming for the portion of the finger not pouring out smoke.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 45

Post by Nick » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:38 pm

With a metallic clank the Axe severed a piece of Honeysetts finger and slammed into the wall behind it. Blood spurting from the wound.
Site admin

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 45

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:35 pm

With a metallic clank the Axe severed a piece of Honeysetts finger and slammed into the wall behind it. Blood spurting from the wound.

James quickly elevated the hand, "We need a medic here!! Con, get that door open before we get slaughtered here." Turning back to Jacob, "Sorry, I had to do that, there was no telling how far that acid was going to go. I figure the tip of your finger was worth less than your whole hand."
GM

Image Image Image

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 45

Post by Jagr35 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:29 pm

"Roger that, Ma'am" replied Shepherd as he was already moving to where Pyro lay. Slinging his rifle as he kneeled next to the SGT to prepare the marine for movement he heard the blood-chilling scream from where Honeysett was receiving his emergency amputation.

Hooking Pyro under his arms he heaved the Marine onto his shoulder, easily lifting the dead weight of the marine. "Where to now, Sarge?"
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 45

Post by Grambo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:39 pm

"Morrison, second squad will keep this corridor clear. Watch the floor grilles, if you see any movement assume it's hostile. Bojan, you and me to the front. Morrison, you and..." realising she didn't know the names of the other two newcomers, Eileen settled for nodding in their direction, "You three keep the rear."
Uncoiling from his ready position, Dar quickly moved to following position, and automatically began scanning behind and below... the floor *looked* fine. This was not going to be a milk ru...
Suddenly a shriek of pain pierced the silence. Pfc Honeysett was waving his hand frantically his index finger smoking as the alien blood rapidly ate through his thick glove and bit into his skin.

In mere moments his fingertip was striped clean of all flesh and a white pierce of bone stuck out of his ragged smoking glove finger.

James spun as the first shriek peeled itself from Jacob's lips, pulse rifle ready. When he saw Pfc. Honeysett waving his hand in the air, he shook his head realize what the man had done. He raced back up the portal to where Honeysett was dancing his little jig. With the finger still pointing out from the rest of his hand James quickly pressed the arm to the wall with his left hand and swung the tomohawk with his right aiming for the portion of the finger not pouring out smoke. With a metallic clank the Axe severed a piece of Honeysetts finger and slammed into the wall behind it. Blood spurting from the wound.
"What the frack!?" Things were happening fast, and Dar was just racing to catch up. He checked his weapons, including making sure the reassuring pressure of his combat knives were still there.

"Tail end, Corporal?", Dar asked, assuming while scrambling towards the rear-guard position as the group started to move...
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 45

Post by Apachetear » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:55 pm

Looking at James Screaming Eagle, Jacob grinned weakly - "That's the most welcome case of friendly fire I've ever seen..." His joke was weak - but he was a tad in shock

"I feel so fucking stupid" he said through gritted teeth. The axe had made his finger bleed copiously, but it was a welcome sensation compared to the burning - and the stripping of his flesh.

Wincing before he'd even began, he held the ignition flame of his incinerator to the bleeding stump, cauterizing it and stopping the bleeding. He cried out in pain again.

Gripping his pulse rifle, now slippy with blood, he set his jaw, and tried to block the pain from his mind

"Last smily face I ever give myself of a non-human" He said bitterly, and went to kick the corpse, stopping himself - because he realised he could do with not burning his foot off...

Looking around sheepishly - he said aloud, to everyone and no-one "I really am a twat at times, aren't I?" Laughing he gripped his gun

"Someone else have this incinerator if they want, I want to go with bullets for the time being..."
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 45

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:17 pm

"Jacob, we have got to seal that glove, because at this point you are open to the environment and I personally don't think you need anymore physical abuse." James looked around at the milling troopers. "Con, how is that door coming along? Ron, get your Smart Gun up here and cover the entranceway to the side corridor." James watched the marine moving hesitantly toward the front line, "Get your arse in gear Marine," he shouted over the radio. James toggled the switch so that he was on the frequency that only 1st Squad could hear,"Hey guys, other than Jacob's pointer finger we are all whole and sound. Ron, forget about your running off, your okay by me and I wouldn't trade you for the world. Get your lumpy butt up here and let's finish this mission so we can share some hot chocolate. If you need anything or if you prefer to pull up the rear then let me know and I will gladly rearrange things." James walked back up to where Con was fussing over the door panel. "How is it coming Con?"
GM

Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 45

Post by Apachetear » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:55 am

(OOC: I Dipped in with my ring finger, not pointer finger...)

Grinning, the pain retreating slightly as his mind was taken off it, Jacob fumbled around until he botched a job of sealing off his space suit...

holding his pulse rifle he looked gratefully at Jim

"Sir, I'm good to go, do you want me taking point? Or in the middle or at the back...it's the tip of a finger, I'll live...with a cool coversation piece to boot"

laughing, Jacob made light of the matter - he'd worry about it later, right now he wanted to get off this mission to some R&R, and most importantly to his packet of cigarettes...which was inside his space suit in his pocket, so close...but so far.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 45

Post by Jocke » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:53 am

tashw wrote:
"We've got hostile aliens on the ship.

"Morrison, second squad will keep this corridor clear. Watch the floor grilles, if you see any movement assume it's hostile.

Hearing "his" boot curse and scramble Morrison grabbed him, turned him around, taking a quick peek at his nametag.

"Vaughan! Get the fuck back in formation! You're on the job now! Time to earn your pay- if it was serious, they would've told us. Copy!?" he barked, tension getting the better of him.

"Aliens!? What the hell..." Morrison thought. Alien lifeforms did exist, sure enough- but most of them where microbes. Hostile alien lifeforms made his skin crawl. The tought was mindboggling. He shaked it out of his head and once again turned to his junior marines.

"Ok, FNG's you heard the lady! We're going to make sure none of these" he thumbed towards the slowly sinking mass of alien deadmeat behind him, "creepy little bastards get past us."

He then proceeded to manhandle his boots until all the directions where covered, and they where standing with their rifles at the ready-position. He kept himself in the middle, overlooking the fresh guys, keeping close enough to help if the crap would hit the fan.

"Let's just hope they can perform."

"Stay alert! Stay in contact! If you see anything, shoot, then call me. Don't get into a kneeling position- if the LT is right, and they are infact using the crawlspace- you'll just have your CBM closer to the hostile. Questions?"

Morrison was getting calmer now, seeing that he had done all he could.

OOC: CMB: "Center of Body Mass" or, if you will, the torso- where most of your weight is, and where Colonial Marines are trained to aim. FNG: "Fucking New Guy/s": Yet another derogatory term for fresh soldiers/marines. Started sometime during the vietnam conflict, I beleive.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 45

Post by HeavyGlenn » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:27 pm

Ron, get your Smart Gun up here and cover the entranceway to the side corridor.
Slowly the large man nodded and want over to the entrenceway to the side corridor. He scanned the long way and hoped nothing big would happen, at the same time he wished they would just leave. He wondered why they didnt leave and made a new plan, but then again he wasnt in charge.
an Donaldson

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 45

Post by StConstantine » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:47 pm

Con slammed his hand against the door panel in frustration. "Yeah, i'm going as fast as I can" Con shot over his shoulder at Screaming Eagle "there is something wrong, it won't pick up, I might have to resort to doing this manually".

"Hey Bojan" Con yelled turning around "I can't get this open can ya give us a hand?"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 45

Post by Grambo » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:59 pm

"Vaughan! Get the fuck back in formation! You're on the job now! Time to earn your pay- if it was serious, they would've told us. Copy!?"
Dar went rigid at Morrison's brief outburst, but responded calmly.

"Copy, Corporal."

Still... his eyes betrayed his frustration at being called out first thing in front of the new team. Dar had seen his share of the shit, and had the frackin' scars to prove it... who the hell was this guy to dress him down. Of course, he knew the answer... he'd screwed the pooch and gotten himself sent on this show, and he'd have to make it work. His mind sent those thoughts off where they belonged... and focused. Dar dropped back in formation, scanning the floor intently in between snatching glances at this "alien".

(OOC: I'm assuming all standard equipment... weapon, sidearm, no special gear. I'm presuming a pair of high-end combat knives are perfectly reasonable... not that they're going to do shit for me...)
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 45

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:18 am

"Hey Bojan" Con yelled turning around "I can't get this open can ya give us a hand?"
Upon hearing this Bojan said to Steel, "Permission to go to the cpu room sir? Con says he could use some help."

Bojan waited patiently for an answer and was wondering why they just didn't get out of there.
William Jones

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 45

Post by pants » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:04 am

Upon hearing this Bojan said to Steel, "Permission to go to the cpu room sir? Con says he could use some help."
"Permission granted Bojan. Get that door open." replied Nick in response to Pfc Bojans request.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 45

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:30 am

Bojan gave the motion tracker to steel and headed off down the hallway to help Con. As he arrived he tried to see waht he could do to help him.
William Jones

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”