Turn 45

The 1st Eightballs campaign
pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 45

Post by pants » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:46 am

Hooking Pyro under his arms he heaved the Marine onto his shoulder, easily lifting the dead weight of the marine. "Where to now, Sarge?"
Nick looked at the unknown marine who had picked Pvt Pyro's unconcious body off the floor. From his headpiece, Nick could hear the new marines question.

"Well marine, we're gonna head down the corridor a bit to the CPU room and set up in there. What's your name and rank, marine? I like to know who's got my back!"
Bojan gave the motion tracker to Steel and headed off down the hallway to help Con.
"Thanks for that Bojan."

With the motion tracker in his left hand and his pulse rifle held in his right, Nick quickly scanned the positioning of the platoon.

L Cpl Screaming Eagle and first squad, except for Pfc Green who stood at the junction between the CPU room corridor and the equipment room corridor, where he nervously tried to cover the other side corridors with his smartgun, were clustered by the door to the CPU room trying to get it open as Pfc Bojan joined them.

Lt Vincent was moving down the corridor that led to the CPU room. L Cpl Morrison had set up with the two other new marines in the corridor that ran from the equipment room, past the corridor leading to the CPU room, and had deployed the two marines to cover the possible approaches of attack from the aliens.

(OOC: I think I've covered everybodies position but let me know if I haven't and I'll edit this post to reflect the change.)
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 45

Post by Jagr35 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:48 pm

"Private Shepherd, Sarge." he added, practically beaming in his response. "Looks like I'm the team's new corpsman." he added as he moved out toward the CPU room with Pyro in an effortless fireman's carry

Private Jason Shepherd
Corpsman
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 45

Post by Nick » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:57 am

First squad entered the computer room. A small room with black cubical forms about manhigh revealed itself in front of the marines a soft droning sound from dozens of fans met them as they entered. The room was hot, but appearantly there was none of the moist so everpresent down here.

A guard was posted at the door while Bojan moved into try to get access to the CPU core.

Meanwhile Pvt Pyro started waking up. Confused and groggy with a splitting headache, but he was able to stand on his own legs after a few minutes.

Bojan suddenly let go a little shout of joy as he managed to get access to the main core. His eyes followed the small intricate lines of luminated letters that rapidly draped across the screen. His eyes lit by a ghostly blue white light.

Suddenly a male computer voice spoke to them:

"I am father. Welcome aboard the Andromeda. Caution! Fire supression system active! Activated for: 106 hours 32 minutes and 45 seconds. Warning: Pressure increase in sector: 1, 2, 3, 7, 19, 24. Caution! Unknown presence detected on Engine floor. Critical system message: Engine temperature nominal. Emergency shutdown failed. Evacuate ship. Evacuate ship. Evacuate ship.

Site admin

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 45

Post by tashw » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:45 pm

"I am father. Welcome aboard the Andromeda. Caution! Fire supression system active! Activated for: 106 hours 32 minutes and 45 seconds. Warning: Pressure increase in sector: 1, 2, 3, 7, 19, 24. Caution! Unknown presence detected on Engine floor. Critical system message: Engine temperature nominal. Emergency shutdown failed. Evacuate ship. Evacuate ship. Evacuate ship.
"Wonderful!" Eileen muttered under her breath.

"Alright, we're heading directly to the engine room, fast."

"First squad take the lead. Eagle, we're heading straight for the engine room. No stops, no detours, keep moving. I want smartguns and pulse rifles to the front. In the corridors assume anything moving in hostile. As soon as the motion detectors see anything, fire. Use grenades where you have space."

"Enter the engine room as soon as you hit it, but from then on watch your targets. Remember we're here to recover civilians. Anyone you find there, you shove back for second squad to deal with, you focus on clearing the area."

"Morrison, second squad covers the rear. Keep them about ten metres behind first. Same procedure. You see anything moving behind us, fire. Choose someone to take the incinerator, but save it for when anything that gets close. If there's too many of them light up the corridor, it should buy us a few seconds. Once we're in the engine room it's your job to secure and protect the civilians."

Eileen looked around the room at the two squads, "We've seen what we're up against now, we know how they're moving, we know when you shoot them they die as easy as anything else. Watch the floors, watch the access panels, don't them get close and it'll be smooth."

"Steel," Eileen moved over to the Sergeant, to speak "You stick with first squad, I'll be with second. Make sure they keep moving, don't let us get bogged down. I don't like the sound of that message. Make sure they start watching their targets when we enter the engine room. Clear?"
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”