Turn 46

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 46

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:56 pm

James looked around at the resin encased hallway. "Okay Marines, we need to move it out, the man is dead and he seemed to have died from the same weapon as the other person. Ron, you are our heavy duty weapon of mass destruction. Take the point, if it moves and is black, drop it don't hesitate keep moving forward. Jacob, you follow Ron, anything he misses you take it out. Con, you have the motion tracker and will follow in line behind me. Sarge, if you don't mind take up our tail gunner position. Okay men, we are going in for a sweep and snag (get in get the target and get out). When or if the tunnel allows it I want us to form up in two pairs. When we make the main room we go into our V-Formation. I will take point with Jacob on my left followed by Sarge. Ron you and con will take the right. This will allow 2nd Squad to move into the interior of our V and help lay down cover fire while we suppress the aliens or cultists alike. Any questions?"
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 46

Post by Jagr35 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Once Shepherd entered the resin covered room clearing his field of fire as he moved, As he moved closer to the resin encased body his medical training took over.

Slinging rifle he moved over to the hanging body and began a quick examination.

PVT Jason Shepherd
Corpsman
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 46

Post by Grambo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:42 pm

"Any questions?"
Dar had dozens, but at this point he was too focused on taking in the situation to spout any. He'd seen his share of the shit, but this was something entirely new.
"Second squad! Look sharp! Check those bulkheads, own your fields of fire! And watch eachother's backs!"
"On it, Corporal."

Dar scanned above and below, visually securing the area they'd stopped in. Nothing was moving... but neither was it easy to pick anything out in this hallway. The air was so damn heavy, Dar had to constantly wipe his helmet to see properly.
He then walked down the line, and placed a gloved hand on Vaughan's shoulder; "Just relax, do your job. You don't have to impress me, man. Danny here's got yer back. When we get back from this, the beer's on me."
"Thanks Corporal, I won't let you down... the team down. Just never seen anything like this, is all. But I'll still take that beer..."

Dar grinned through his visor at Morrison... not a bad guy.

As the platoon responded to orders, and moved forward, Dar readied the flame unit and started hearing the soft "tic... tic... tic..." of the motion tracker as it scanned around the platoon. He always found that sound comforting for some reason.
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 46

Post by pants » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:58 am

Sarge, if you don't mind take up our tail gunner position.
"No problem L Cpl Eagle, consider your back covered."

The steady blip of the motion tracker brought a small sense of comfort to Nick. A steady blip meant nothing was moving out there, and that was something that Nick could live with.

However it also brought Nick to the realisation that first squad had both motion trackers, not a good situation for second squad who would have to rely on their own vision which was limited by the suits that they were all encased in.

"L Cpl Eagle, I'm gonna drop back and off load this motion tracker to L Cpl Morrison. Hold your position till I get back."

Moving as quickly as he could, Nick turned back and strode quickly to the point man of second squad, L Cpl Morrison.

"L Cpl Morrison, I thought I'd better hand this motion tracker off to you so that we've got both ends of our platoon covered."

Nick offered the motion tracker to his fellow marine, who took it from his grasp, and then noticed Pvt Shepherd examining the corpse embedded into the wall.

"Shepherd! Finish up your examination and get back into formation marine."

Turning on his heel Nick jogged back to first squad and resumed his position as tail gate charlie.

"Ok, Eagle let's move out!"
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 46

Post by Jocke » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:15 am

pants wrote: Nick offered the motion tracker to his fellow marine, who took it from his grasp...

"I've been wondering where that went. Appreciate it, boss." Morrison said as he took the complex little contraption from Sgt. Steel.

Looking at it, it struck him that the only time he had used one was when he was in the infantry warfare school. Three years ago.
Sure, it wasn't that complicated, but he did not want to be a liability. So Morrison passed it to the "boot" behind him, with the words: "Second squad! I'm shipping the 'tracker down to Bojan! So pass it along!"
LcCpl Conrad Heart

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 46

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:04 am

Ron just nodded and ignored anythign but orders, he hoped he would walk into a land of nice cuddly aliens and hoped he wouldnt see anything more bad, he carried out his orders badly and was slightly to afraid to do his job perfect.
an Donaldson

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 46

Post by Grambo » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:08 pm

So Morrison passed it to the "boot" behind him, with the words: "Second squad! I'm shipping the 'tracker down to Bojan! So pass it along!"
Dar silently took the tracker in one hand, and without hesitation passed it back down to Bojan.

"I'll keep my eyes around us while you're keeping one on this puppy... you used one of these before?"

With the tracker in back, once Bojan had it set up, they'd be covered from all sides. Dar wiped his visor clear again, and did another elliptical scan... so damn hard to see in here...
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 46

Post by Jagr35 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:36 pm

"Roger that, Sarge!" answered Shepherd as he kept examining the body. Finally, after a small sample of resin was broken off, Shepherd reached up to touch the carotid artery as a final hope of life.
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”