Turn 48

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 48

Post by Nick » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:38 am

"Self destruct sequence initiated. Self destruction...three...minutes...forty...eight...seconds. Abandon ship. Abandon ship. Warning self destruct sequence initiated. Self destruct in...three...minutes...forty...two...seconds. Warning..."

They were not half-way yet and it became more evident for each passing second that they were making to slow progress.

"...three...minutes...thirty...seconds"

Site admin

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 48

Post by Grambo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:39 pm

"Easy Eight! Morrison here! Listen up people! This is a friggin' spaceship! Check for emergency lockers, and get a slipsuit out for Steel!"
"Corporal, we're not gonna find shit until we get out of this hallway", Dar exclaimed, "... and I'm pretty damn sure we're not going to make it out this way... even sprinting, it will take us a few minutes. I really think someone had best figure a way to shut this off... or we're all gonna need more than slipsuits..."

Dar wasn't there though, and didn't know what they had and hadn't tried. He began moving forward, back out the way they came, as quickly as he dared... taking point as they gathered the wounded behind him. He fired short bursts of flame ahead and then moved... desperately trying to get back to the decking where they might move faster.
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 48

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:30 am

Ronald just shook his head as he got pulled around, ignoring the loud noises if warning, doom and despair.
an Donaldson

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 48

Post by StConstantine » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:57 am

"Easy Eight! Morrison here! Listen up people! This is a friggin' spaceship! Check for emergency lockers, and get a slipsuit out for Steel!"
"Can we salvage anything from Pyro's suit?" Con asked over the comms "His resperator may still be functional"

OOC: Con uses his find hidden item skill to see if there is a space suit or something
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 48

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:26 pm

"Self destruct sequence initiated. Self destruction...three...minutes...forty...eight...seconds. Abandon ship. Abandon ship. Warning self destruct sequence initiated. Self destruct in...three...minutes...forty...two...seconds. Warning..."

They were not half-way yet and it became more evident for each passing second that they were making to slow progress.

"...three...minutes...thirty...seconds"
James realized that he was slowing the group down and that nothing they could do would speed them up with them dragging him behind. With trembling hands he reached up and unclasped the locking mechanism of his helmet. A soft hissing sound could be heard as the vacuum seal was broken. A grunt of pain tore from his lips as he managed to rock the helmet from its housing.
"Sarge, here take my helmet and get these men off this coffin." He coughed up another bubble of blood. "Sir, if I may make one last suggestion. Use what grenades we have left and blow ya'll a new door way to get out of here. I don't think a new hole in the side of the ship is going to make that much of a difference in a few minutes anyway." He motioned for them to sit him down by the wall. "You guys can take my gear, just leave me one grenade to take out myself and any of those buggers that come near me." The effort to talking drained him of what energy he had left and before they could even sit him down he slipped into the black abyss of unconsciousness.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 48

Post by Apachetear » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:20 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
"Sir, if I may make one last suggestion. Use what grenades we have left and blow ya'll a new door way to get out of here. I don't think a new hole in the side of the ship is going to make that much of a difference in a few minutes anyway."
Listening to this, Jacob laughed inwardly, and reached up and attempted to re-attach Jim's helmet "Jim, I'm going to directly disobey you on this one...do what you will when this is over..." realising that he was unconscious, Jacob laughed again, not spitefully - but a laugh in despair of having anything else to do...

leaning down, he picked up Screaming Eagle's slight body and got him into a fireman's carry, so the tail was wrapped aroun the space suit - and not being too pushed or too pulled in any direction, he didn't care too much about the acidic blood, it was only a few spots...he hoped so - he couldn't see much in the dim light. Anyway he'd lost a finger, what more could happen?

shrugging and heaving, he got Jim's body into a more comfortable position...well, as comfortable as could be hoped for - and began to walk. "Con, tail holding isn't needed any more - take my pulse rifle and cover me...front or six, I don't care - but I'm not letting this person die..." walking forward each step was an effort, but soon he settled into a rythym, walking towards the exit, dismissing those still milling around - he sure as hell wasn't going to die here, and he wasn't going to let a preventable death not be prevented...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 48

Post by Jocke » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:45 am

Pale Rider wrote: "Sir, if I may make one last suggestion. Use what grenades we have left and blow ya'll a new door way to get out of here.
Hearing this, and seeing smiles do what he did, was enough to get Morrison's ass back into gear. After all, he did know a thing or three about explosives.

"Bojan, you chicken-neck! What does the schematics say about our position here? How far are we from the outer hull?"

Morrison then started to remove the grenades he had on his combatwebbing, and the roll of ducttape from his ammopouch, and started to combine the two to make a nasty little IED. As he started so scan what walls he could see for structural weaknesses trhat he could exploit.

"Second squad- this may strike you as odd... But I'll be needing some of those grenades you're carrying, and Vaughuan, if I may, a tank from the incinerator wouldn't harm either." Morrison said, with just the vaguest of ideas of what to do.

(OOC: IED= Improvised Explosive Device, or like civilians like to call it; homemade bomb. GM! Roll for explosives!)
LcCpl Conrad Heart

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 48

Post by AstroBoy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:31 am

"Bojan, you chicken-neck! What does the schematics say about our position here? How far are we from the outer hull?"
Bojan, after finishing doing what he could for Screaming Eagle, quickly returned to the terminal. He attempted to send a message to Remote Terminal AEB33 explaining that the marines were there and to shut off the self destruct. He also attempted to find a schematic and where they are as ordered by Morrison and also tried to find out if the ship was in an imminently dangerous condition without the self destruct
William Jones

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 48

Post by Jagr35 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:36 am

Shepherd, after setting Eagle down easy, quickly pulled off the two grenades he carried on his LBV and after a whistle to get Morrison's attention tossed first one and then the second grenade to him.
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 48

Post by Grambo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:10 am

"Second squad- this may strike you as odd... But I'll be needing some of those grenades you're carrying, and Vaughuan, if I may, a tank from the incinerator wouldn't harm either."
"Not odd at all, Corporal... but I'm low. Hopefully still enough to help the boom."

Dar slung the incinerator, popped the fuel loose, and scrambled back to hand it to Morrison. The useless flame unit then swung behind him, as he fished for his remaining grenades. Dar handed those across as well, and then went back to cover the corridor. He braced behind a bulkhead, knowing at some point there'd be a big explosion behind him... he just hoped it was from the grenades, and not the engines going critical.

Dar checked his rifle... plenty of ammo left, as he'd been on flame duty. He covered the hall... and waited...
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 48

Post by Jocke » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:10 am

Jagr35 wrote:Shepherd, after setting Eagle down easy, quickly pulled off the two grenades he carried on his LBV and after a whistle to get Morrison's attention tossed first one and then the second grenade to him.

Grambo wrote:"Not odd at all, Corporal... but I'm low. Hopefully still enough to help the boom."

"Thanks." Morrison mumbled as he started to cook up a few high explosive charges that would tear through a bulkhead without any problems... He had calculated that since most of the grenades where of the armor-piercing variety, the concussion of the explosion would be moderate, for a charge of it's size. But Morrison knew that he was by no means a mathemathical genius, and pearls of sweat started to trickle down his face in the suit.

He saved up the incinerator's fueltank for use as an accelerant in the last charge since they, god willing, should be at the hull by then- one of the thicker parts of a spaceship.

"Bojan! How's it coming along? I give you ten seconds to come up with an answer for me, after that you bug out!" Morrison clicked into his squads channel. Using the explosives to get out could work, but it was a desperate, dangerous action to take. Maybe they still had a slight chance to make it out without risking to kill themselves with unstable explosive devices.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 48

Post by Apachetear » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:08 pm

Turning round and seeing what was happening, Jacob yelled out "Come on! Either we breach the hull or we run the fuck away"...realising he'd turned his com off, he flicked it on and repeated himself...

Making sure it was on this time, Jacob called in "who's quick and nippy enough to be through that hole and on their way to the APC as soon as it's breached? It would help no end having transport ready to whisk us away...any volunteers?"

turning back and waiting, Jacob used the brief, brief respite to set up by one of the new marines, a grizzled looking man who seemed capable of holding the corridor "Reckon you'll be able to cover me as well as protect yourself?" he commed in..."I've got a pulse rifle and clips if you wanna strip me of 'em, I'm afraid I can't use my own arms - you can probably see why" Grinning wryly, Jacob waited for something to happen.

In his mind all he could think was 'hurry hurry hurry' "If it gets to 2 minutes 30 seconds I'm running, the rest of you be damned" he said to himself, luckily his comlink was off, As Jacob liked to be able to chatter to himself when not contributing to the squad...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 48

Post by Grambo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:53 pm

Jacob used the brief, brief respite to set up by one of the new marines, a grizzled looking man who seemed capable of holding the corridor "Reckon you'll be able to cover me as well as protect yourself?" he commed in..."I've got a pulse rifle and clips if you wanna strip me of 'em, I'm afraid I can't use my own arms - you can probably see why"
Dar saw Jacob and responded... "I have this hall, get behind me. I'm good on rounds for now, I'll yell if that changes... holy hell, is that guy leaking acid?" The floor near the wounded marine was dissolving in spots...

Dar turned his attention back down the hall, scanning top to bottom. The hallway was clear... as far as he could tell... between the smoke and condensation, it was nearly impossible to see more than six feet in front of him...
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”