Turn 48

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 48

Post by Jocke » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:57 pm

The GM wrote:"Self destruct sequence initiated. Self destruct in...four...minutes...fifty...seconds. Abandon ship. Abandon ship. Warning self destruct sequence initiated. Self destruct in...four...minutes...thirty...eight...seconds. Warning..."

"Shit. So much for the search." Morrison thought.

Hearing that was the final straw. He was leading his menout- even if that meant not completing the mission, after all, it's better to be judged by twelve, then carried by six.

"Ma'm- I'm getting my people out of here. I haven't seen anything yet, I haven't heard anything yet- I'm not wasting my time with this anymore." Morrisn said over the command frequence.

On his way out towards the door, he stopped at Pyro's body, only to retreive the dogtag in Pyro's boot.

"Second squad! Listen up! We are leaving, marines! Doesn't mean that everything is fine and dandy- I want you to keep your eyes and wits sharp! Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!" He yelled over his squads comnet.
He could feel his throat getting sore after all the yelling he had done lately, but he couldn't help it- the new guys had done well, ut he didn't know their strenghts or weaknesses yet.
But as soon as they got back onboard the 'Costa' he had some brandy tucked away- that would raise spirits, numb sore throats, and bodies.

(OOC: All soldiers in modern conflicts usually carry three or four sets of dogtags- one round the neck, and one in each boot.)
LcCpl Conrad Heart

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 48

Post by tashw » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:01 am

"Self destruct sequence initiated. Self destruct in...four...minutes...fifty...seconds. Abandon ship. Abandon ship. Warning self destruct sequence initiated. Self destruct in...four...minutes...thirty...eight...seconds. Warning..."
"Wonderful," Eileen muttered to herself. Just perfect. If the aliens didn't kill them, the ship would.

"We're leaving," Eileen snapped over the comm, "Steel, Alexander, go help Honeysett get Eagle out."

"Morrison," she pointed to where Green still waited, "Forget searching. Get him moving, he can have his nervous breakdown in five minutes if he's still alive."

"The rest of you keep that corridor clear. Use grenades if you need to, just don't let them block us in. I want you ready to move the second I tell you, same route out we took in."

With that Eileen headed over to help the others with Eagle.
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 48

Post by Apachetear » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:06 am

Hearing the sound, Jacob registered 2 things at once, neither of them good...first, Jim was wounded...badly...and secondly - they didn't have much time.

"Can I get help here? Someone with first aid and someone with a bit of strength? Screaming Eagle's hurt...badly I think...and this tail won't budge!"

moving back he aimed at the base of the queens tail and shot at it - hoping to sever it from the body so it would be easier to move...

Comming in to Jim he tried to lighten the mood "So, first mission with the easy eights go as you planned then?"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 48

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:39 am

James coughed, and felt sweat trickling down his face and neck and onto his chest.
moving back he aimed at the base of the queens tail and shot at it - hoping to sever it from the body so it would be easier to move...
He felt a pain in his chest as he heard the spurt of the Pulse Rifle, the alien's tail jumped at the impact of the bullets causing him to groan mysteriously at the tightening in his chest.
Comming in to Jim he tried to lighten the mood "So, first mission with the easy eights go as you planned then?"
James grinned at the humor in Jacob's voice. He smiled, his teeth stained red by the small amount of blood that he had coughed up. "My squad made it out whole is all that matters. Your a good marine Jacob!" He offered him his hand, grasping the man's hand in his and covering it up with his other hand. "I am proud to say we served together. Green's not so bad either, he needs a little help every now and then. Unfortunately, we will have to call a tribunal when we get back to the ship. Hopefully, Sarge, LT, and Corporal Morrison will go easy on him. I didn't get to see Con during this last scrap how did he handle himself?" Another cough wracked his chest and a bloody bubble broke from his lips. "If ya'll can't get me out of her ya'll get the hell out of this ship before she blows. I am not worth the rest of ya'lls lives."
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 48

Post by Apachetear » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:59 am

Grasping Jim's hand back Jacob grinned "Con did just fine...Green'l be ok in his tribunal - it was above and beyond what we did in this mission, we should have turned back at point 1 when we found the first...alien"

Grabbing firmly onto Jim's hand Jacob commed in again "Jim, I'm gonna pull you out and up onto your feet - I'm sure I'll be able to support your weight if you lean on me...I'll commandeer Con to hold the tail so it aint dragging...being Pfc has a few perks - I can issue an order here 'n' there" Grinning amiably Jacob commed into Con "Con, any chance of you holding this tail up so Jim here doesn't have to drag a giant tail by the lung...there could be a guinness world record in it - but I'm sure it's one he'd rather not have. Watch out for the blood too - you saw what it did to my finger..."

Pulling Jim upright, Jacob waited for Con to help...it'd be slow going but - he owed it to him...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 48

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:18 am

James grimaced at the pulling he felt on his chest. He felt a warm sticky substance leaving a trail as it ran down his chest and toward his leg. "We need to hurry, I don't know how much longer I can stay awake."
GM

Image Image Image

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 48

Post by Grambo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:41 am

"Copy that, ma'm." Morrison answered as he reloaded his pulserifle with shaky hands. He gestured a 'follow me' to Vaughuan, and started making his way into the giant room, his eyes scanning left and right, high and low, looking for signs of danger, and also for civilians. Then his eyes glanced over the Big One, and he felt a sudden, euphoric, rush.

"That was hell of a fight, Marine! Remind me to make that two rounds when we get back! Hell! That goes for all of you!" Morrison said over the comnet, before laughing, and playfully hitting Pvt. Vaughuan over the shoulder.
As the smoke cleared, Dar took a moment to realize that they'd won... but he didn't let his guard down for a moment. The adrenaline was still pumping when the klaxon kicked in...
"Self destruct sequence initiated. Self destruct in...four...minutes...fifty...seconds. Abandon ship. Abandon ship. Warning self destruct sequence initiated. Self destruct in...four...minutes...thirty...eight...seconds. Warning..."
"Corporal, thing we'd best haul ass if we're gonna make those rounds", Dar said as he scrambled to help the down marines...

"Second squad! Listen up! We are leaving, marines! Doesn't mean that everything is fine and dandy- I want you to keep your eyes and wits sharp! Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!"
Dar heard the LT reference Green, and the orders to clear the hall. He swapped back to his flame unit... down to less than 1/3, but enough to clear the way at least once if needed.

As the rest worked to extract their wounded, Dar moved to join the other rookies on the egress hall... flamer ready, and pointing straight down the path.

"Anything on the motion tracker?", Dar called to the rest of his squad...
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 48

Post by Jocke » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:15 am

tashw wrote:"Morrison," she pointed to where Green still waited, "Forget searching. Get him moving, he can have his nervous breakdown in five minutes if he's still alive."

"Got him." Morrison answered over the comnet. He then proceeded to where Green was laying. Leaning over him, he swatted his hand infront of Green's visor, trying to get his attention.

"Hey! Hey Green! Are you in there? We're leaving this place. So snap out of it, breathe normally." Morrison said, using the tone of voice usually reserved for people who work at psychiatric hospitals.

"Sheperd... come here and give me a hand with Green, will you?" Morrison said over the radio as he struggled to get the big soldier on his feet.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 48

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:42 am

OOC: this is a little bit before but i think its worth disrupting the timeline.
The GM: Bojan finds a terminal behind a small metal pillar. He has to break free parts of resin residue before being able to patch in
Someone with first aid and someone with a bit of strength?
Bojan headed over to Honeysett to pick up the first aid kit in order to help Screaming Eagle.

As he approached he relayed the information he received from the terminal to the officers, "From the terminal, I got some information about systems going down nothing we didn't know already. There are unknown presences in sectors three, zero and fifteen but where they are i don't know. But, as you obviously are aware, the self-destruct has been started. The system was overridden and the clearance code for self destruct was accepted from remote terminal AEB33."

Bojan paused to let this sink in then continued as he picked up the first aid kit and saw what he could do for Screaming Eagle, then continued. "I could probably find out where this came from but we have less than 5 minutes. Personally, I don't think it was these aliens that accessed the computer. There are probably survivors but I'm unsure as to if I can stop the self destruct and/or send them a message that we're here."

"The decision is up to you guys. Not a decision that I'd like to make. But I'll obviously be following orders."

Bojan waited to for a response as he continued to try to extend Eagle's life.
William Jones

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 48

Post by StConstantine » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:44 pm

Con grabbed the back of the aliens tail, careful not to get any acid blood on himself.

"Alright lets start moving" Con said to Jacob "just slow march we dont want him moving around to much"

The only question left answer was however which way they were going
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Wolfy
Private

Turn 48

Post by Wolfy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:40 am

"Second squad! Listen up! We are leaving, marines! Doesn't mean that everything is fine and dandy- I want you to keep your eyes and wits sharp! Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!"

"Sir!" Bob said in an aknowledging tone, he spun around and headed off in the direction appointed, his rifle still sweeping the area, his eyes flicking between shades of light and dark surrounding them as he watched for any sign of movement. He paused for a moment to let the rest of second squad catch up, before he proceeded.

His body gave off little of how he was feeling, but Bob was definately crapping bricks. This isn't what's supposed to happen. We're supposed to go in, kick the shit out of things and walk away the heroes. What the fuck is happening? He thought to himself, unsure as to if this mission was going to get any worse before it got better.
ob Youman
2nd Squad

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 48

Post by Jagr35 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:47 am

"Sheperd... come here and give me a hand with Green, will you?" Morrison said over the radio as he struggled to get the big soldier on his feet.

"Roger that!" acknowledge Shepherd as he slung the motion tracker and helped Morrison get Green under control.

"Where to now?"
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 48

Post by pants » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:58 am

Lt Vincent successfully helps Steel removes his helmet and breast plate. The atmosphere in the engine room is still somewhat intact but it smells horribly in here.
Nick sucked in oxygen as quickly as he could as the helmet came free from his suit. The air in the engine room was rank with the smell of death,expended plasma, smoke and another smell he couldn't quite identify, but being free of the acid covered deathtrap that was his helmet, brought him relief.

"LT thanks for the hand, I appreciate it..."
"Aww crap! Ok this situation just went downhill quicker than a fatman on a tobaggin!"

"We're leaving," Eileen snapped over the comm, "Steel, Alexander, go help Honeysett get Eagle out."

"Copy that LT! I'm on it."

Moving quickly Nick scanned the room and oriented himself to where Pfc Honeysett and Pvt Alexander was working frantically to get one of the biggest damn creatures Nick had ever seen, off of L Cpl Screaming Eagle. When the hell did that thing get here? thought Nick as he quickly moved to the aid of L Cpl Screaming Eagle.

Quickly looking over the situation Nick could tell it was bad. L Cpl Screaming Eagle had what appeared to be the tail of the creature stuck through his chest but Honeysett had managed to sever it from the creature and now with the aid of Pvt Alexander, who was holding the tail itself so that it didn't move and enlarge the wound, were trying to move him out into the hallway.

"Hold on there Smiles let me give you a hand."

Nick moved so that he was on the left hand side of Screaming Eagle, placing Eagles left arm over his shoulders and helping to support his weight.

Pfc Bojan came over to apply first aid and he related what he had learnt from the terminal.

"Damn! So they sent the self destruct code? Maybe we can get them to rescind the process! LT do you think it's worth trying to get them to shut down the self destruct sequence or shall we just get the frag out of here?"[/quote]
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 48

Post by pants » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:59 am

Lt Vincent successfully helps Steel removes his helmet and breast plate. The atmosphere in the engine room is still somewhat intact but it smells horribly in here.
Nick sucked in oxygen as quickly as he could as the helmet came free from his suit. The air in the engine room was rank with the smell of death,expended plasma, smoke and another smell he couldn't quite identify, but being free of the acid covered deathtrap that was his helmet, brought him relief.

"LT thanks for the hand, I appreciate it..."
"Aww crap! Ok this situation just went downhill quicker than a fatman on a tobaggin!"

"Copy that LT! I'm on it."

Moving quickly Nick scanned the room and oriented himself to where Pfc Honeysett and Pvt Alexander was working frantically to get one of the biggest damn creatures Nick had ever seen, off of L Cpl Screaming Eagle. When the hell did that thing get here? thought Nick as he quickly moved to the aid of L Cpl Screaming Eagle.

Quickly looking over the situation Nick could tell it was bad. L Cpl Screaming Eagle had what appeared to be the tail of the creature stuck through his chest but Honeysett had managed to sever it from the creature and now with the aid of Pvt Alexander, who was holding the tail itself so that it didn't move and enlarge the wound, were trying to move him out into the hallway.

"Hold on there Smiles let me give you a hand."

Nick moved so that he was on the left hand side of Screaming Eagle, placing Eagles left arm over his shoulders and helping to support his weight.

Pfc Bojan came over to apply first aid and he related what he had learnt from the terminal.

"Damn! So they sent the self destruct code? Maybe we can get them to rescind the process! LT do you think it's worth trying to get them to shut down the self destruct sequence or shall we just get the frag out of here?"
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 48

Post by Jocke » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:20 am

Jagr35 wrote:"Where to now?"

"We are bugging out. There's no point in staying here." Morrison said with a grimace as him and Sheperd braced the big smartgunner between them, practically dragging him towards the exit.

Wait a second... An idea had taken shape in Morrison's head.

"Bojan- we are leaving, try to tell thos people to get out, and contact us on the EBC when they get there. When you're done with that, you're going to be acting as tail again. Copy?"

He then chimed in on the platoon's freguency: "Easy Eight! Morrison here! Listen up people! This is a friggin' spaceship! Check for emergency lockers, and get a slipsuit out for Steel!" he barked, once again slipping into the "Pissed off NCO-role".

(OOC: "EBC"= Emergency Broadcast Channel. "Slipsuit"= a simple little spacesuit used for emergencies in spaceships for short-term losses in atmosphere/pressure.)
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”