Turn 49

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 49

Post by Jocke » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:05 pm

Grambo wrote:Dar paused... then went on. "Corporal... about me... I'm nearly certain I got sent to this outfit because I seriously pissed off the wrong people. Do you guy get sent on this type of op regularly?"

"I'll gladly lend you my datapad, as soon as we get the wounded out of this tincan." Morrison said as he tried to make himself as small as possible, making it easier for the medically trained marines to get Eagle, Smiles, and Steel to the sickbay as quickly as possible.

"As far as that goes, I do not know. Ask your superiors." Morrison said with a grin. "Last time I went out, we went got tasked with a rapid assault, it was a weapon-and prisoner raid. Didn't really get any prisoners, or weapons, for that matter. And I've heard from the other guys that the op before that was a rescue mission, something to do with biohazardous material, I beleive. So the answer to your question would probably be 'yes'."Morrison cleared out from the APC as soon as the wounded had been moved. He then turned to Vaughan again, spitting dip on the hangar's deck. "Seems like the 'Easy Eights' are the rapid assault and rescue unit of the colonial marines, don't you think?"

He then looked at the rest of his platoon- five of them where in the sickbay, and the small group of men in the hangar where in a sorry state, milling about, staring at the walls, chatting amongst themselves.

"Marines! Listen up! Get your gear cleaned and taken care of! Inspection will begin in exactly two hours!" hearing the dissapointed grunts and complaints from the men, Morrison simply smiled, and shouted: "Life in the corps is like life on the farm- every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade! I love the corps! Now get moving!"
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 49

Post by Apachetear » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:09 pm

Grambo wrote:. "Corporal... about me... I'm nearly certain I got sent to this outfit because I seriously pissed off the wrong people. Do you guy get sent on this type of op regularly?"
Overhearing the conversation, it was hard not to in the small space they had...Jacob cut in

"Yeah, all 3 missions we've had - including this one - have been a bit sketchy...first one, I wasn't with the eights then, was to go searching after a team that just dissapeared, which doesn't sit right in my mind..."

He paused, looking around briefly, his eyes flicking over each member of the platoon...

"Second mission, my first one with this unit, we had to storm a cult building, first squad went in from the front - second dropped in on the roof...took 2 bullets - made me appreciate USCM armour a lot more I can tell you." Jacob grinned half-heartedly at his joke "we were told to eliminate with 'extreme prejudice' which wasn't so odd I guess, for a mission, but we were told to recover all Weyland Yutani biohazard crates, empty or full, and to recover a live 'facehugger' they called it...that didn't settle well with me - why would they want empty crates? and what the fuck IS a facehugger anyway? But hey, I'm just a grunt, what right do I have to know?"

Taking another pause in his monologue, Jacob checked to see if he even had Dar's attention - but then decided to continue anyway, it was nice to hear his own voice speak at a normal level - not either shouting or whispering...

"Mission just gone...the only things I didn't like the sound of was 'hostile xenomorphic presence' - something we clearly encountered...and 'biohazardous material inside of them' well...like Morrisson said - the person with the exploded chest, maybe...just maybe?"

Suddenly his eyes lit up, he'd just had a brainwave...

"Nick, that thing that attacked you...it did so by fastening onto your face...hugging it would you say? What are the odds that that was a facehugger, what we were meant to find at the cult HQ?"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 49

Post by Grambo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:18 pm

"I'll gladly lend you my datapad, as soon as we get the wounded out of this tincan."

"As far as that goes, I do not know. Ask your superiors." Morrison said with a grin. "Last time I went out, we went got tasked with a rapid assault, it was a weapon-and prisoner raid. Didn't really get any prisoners, or weapons, for that matter. And I've heard from the other guys that the op before that was a rescue mission, something to do with biohazardous material, I beleive. So the answer to your question would probably be 'yes'."Morrison cleared out from the APC as soon as the wounded had been moved. He then turned to Vaughan again, spitting dip on the hangar's deck. "Seems like the 'Easy Eights' are the rapid assault and rescue unit of the colonial marines, don't you think?"
"Fair enough, Corporal... not complaining, just want to make sure I wasn't bringing this on you all. Seems more likely we're just plain made for each other... lucky us", Dar grinned at Morrison.
Second mission, my first one with this unit, we had to storm a cult building, first squad went in from the front - second dropped in on the roof...took 2 bullets - made me appreciate USCM armour a lot more I can tell you." Jacob grinned half-heartedly at his joke "we were told to eliminate with 'extreme prejudice' which wasn't so odd I guess, for a mission, but we were told to recover all Weyland Yutani biohazard crates, empty or full, and to recover a live 'facehugger' they called it...that didn't settle well with me - why would they want empty crates? and what the fuck IS a facehugger anyway? But hey, I'm just a grunt, what right do I have to know?"
Dar listened intently... learning more about this new crew he had been assigned to. His mind was racing with all forms of paranoid thoughts... but it was damn nice to know he wasn't the only one... and that it wasn't likely about him, but rather just his luck once again...
"Mission just gone...the only things I didn't like the sound of was 'hostile xenomorphic presence' - something we clearly encountered...and 'biohazardous material inside of them' well...like Morrisson said - the person with the exploded chest, maybe...just maybe?"
"Definitely makes sense... sounds to me like someone somewhere knows one hell of a lot more than they're gonna tell us. On the upside... we survived... most of us... and I think we're gonna be one *hell* of a lot more prepared for whatever comes next. I have a feeling that we're best off keeping this among ourselves... if we start asking too many questions... well...", Dar let the thought trail off.
"Nick, that thing that attacked you...it did so by fastening onto your face...hugging it would you say? What are the odds that that was a facehugger, what we were meant to find at the cult HQ?"
Dar hadn't seen the creature in question, but his mind was racing as well. "Why the face? This thing offended by good looking Marines?" Coming from Dar, as scarred and lopsided as his face looked, the humor wasn't lost on the squad...

"Marines! Listen up! Get your gear cleaned and taken care of! Inspection will begin in exactly two hours!" hearing the dissapointed grunts and complaints from the men, Morrison simply smiled, and shouted: "Life in the corps is like life on the farm- every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade! I love the corps! Now get moving!"

"Corporal... standard decon procedures?", Dar queried. Given the nature of what they just came through, he figured he'd ask while reminding of SOP.
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 49

Post by StConstantine » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:03 pm

"what about James" Con said, turning to Morrison "will he be ok?"

Sitting down on an empty crate Con began search his suit for something "damn it where is it" Con muttered to himself "it would be a damn shame if i droppend it on the Andromeda"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 49

Post by Apachetear » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:13 pm

Stepping off board, Jacob's cigarette was lit and in his mouth before his feet hit the floor...he inhaled, and then exhaled - sighing with satisfaction...he felt the knot in his chest unwind, and he couldn't stop smiling - he wandered off to the medical bay, lighting his second cigarette with the nub of his first one...

after he'd finished both he entered the place, a huge grin on his face - displaying his four fingered hand - "anyone know how to fix this?" He called out jovially. Out of danger, and able to smoke - he felt nothing could go wrong...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 49

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:21 pm

Ronald pulled off the helmet and took a deep breath, afterwards he sighed loudly and put his hands to his face, hiding it for the others. He didnt know if he would cry or laugh, he felt horrible and he didnt move, right now he thought the marines could go to hell for all he cared.
an Donaldson

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 49

Post by Jagr35 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:46 am

Shepherd collapsed into the jump seat and let out a deep breath as if cleansing his body of stress. Looking at the others he shook his head several times thinking about the past few hours and the terrifying roller coaster ride that the mission had been.

Listening to to the others handle their fear as best they could he merely closed his eyes and said a silent prayer to whatever God happened to be listening.

After a few moments he unhooked his harness and went over to help the the wounded.
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 49

Post by Jocke » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:21 pm

"Smiles- stop joking and get your cigarette-addicted ass to the sickbay. Right now." Morrison said with a frown.

"Con, let those who can do something about it worry about James. If you want to help him- clean his gear."

Morrison then turned to Vaughan: "What we think isn't the business of the higher-ups, it's been that way since the days of the legions, and it will always be like that."

Morrison then walked off to his locker, retrieving his cleaning kit, and a bottle of brandy that he somehow got aboard the ship- you don't spend a few years in the corps without learning a thing or three about navy search procedure.

When he returned to the rest of the platoon, he uncorked the bottle, had himself a swig, and passed it to Con.

"Pass it around." He said, as he sat down and started fieldstripping his rifle.

"Ok people, since we somehow have a bit of alcohol here, I want you to unload and safe your weapons right now. And this little luxury does not mean that you can do a crappy job taking care of your gear. Understood?"

Morrison then started humming on some song from back home, as he cleaned the parts of his M41A1.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 49

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:23 pm

Ronald looked out then down again, he wondered how long time it would take before someone came shouting at him, hitting him and tell him how fucking pathetic he was. He sighed but sat still, hoping no one would shoot him yet.
an Donaldson

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 49

Post by StConstantine » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:25 pm

Con found what he was looking for, a small bag of walnuts and a flask of moon shine. He dropped a walnut on the ground sat down and smacked it with the butt of his rifle, cracking it open and eating the sweet sweet flesh inside. He took a swig of the flask, grimanced at the taste and washed it down with Morrisons brandy
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 49

Post by Apachetear » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:45 pm

Jocke wrote:"Smiles- stop joking and get your cigarette-addicted ass to the sickbay. Right now." Morrison said with a frown.
Grinning stupidly, Jacob called back over his shoulder as he departed

"I'm on my way, you're only jealous because you aren't going there..."

Laughing, Jacob walked with a spring in his step - all the nerves and tension he had felt whilst on the mission had evaporated leaving one happy marine.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 49

Post by Jocke » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:17 am

Apachetear wrote:"I'm on my way, you're only jealous because you aren't going there..."

"Yeah, because Priest is the epitome of a cute nurse!" Morrison shouted back.

Gotta go there myself soon, get some more painkillers for this damn knee.

HeavyGlenn wrote:Ronald looked out then down again, he wondered how long time it would take before someone came shouting at him, hitting him and tell him how fucking pathetic he was. He sighed but sat still, hoping no one would shoot him yet.

"Green! Fix that gear! It better be shining when I inspect it! Assholes and elbows! You know the routine!"

Morrison knew that if Green didn't keep himself occupied, he'd just go further into the hole he was in.

Seeing what Con was up to, Morrison was sort of surprised. Walnuts? To each his own, but still...
"Hey- Private Squirrel, don't hog that brandy. Or that.... cleaning fluid? What is that?"
LcCpl Conrad Heart

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 49

Post by pants » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:35 am

Nick raised his head wearily as he heard his name being called.

"Smiles, I don't know if that thing was a 'facehugger' but it sure did want to get intimate with my face, so it could well have been."

Standing up he could feel all the aches and pains of his battered body, but he knew that he had to get to the sick bay so he could start getting treated for his injuries.
"Ok people, since we somehow have a bit of alcohol here, I want you to unload and safe your weapons right now. And this little luxury does not mean that you can do a crappy job taking care of your gear. Understood?"
L Cpl Morrison looked like he had the platoon in hand but Nick didn't want to leave without making sure that the platoon as a whole knew what they had to do.

"Listen up platoon. Get your gear cleaned and stowed then I want every one of you to visit the sick bay to get fully checked out. That's an order. I don't want any more nasty surprises."

Moving out ot the APC Nick followed the jovial Pfc Honeysett towards the sick bay, his body protesting each step.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 49

Post by Grambo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:14 am

"Listen up platoon. Get your gear cleaned and stowed then I want every one of you to visit the sick bay to get fully checked out. That's an order. I don't want any more nasty surprises."
Dar headed for sick bay, intent on being checked out and cleared through decon. No question that they'd been in touch with some nasty alien something... and he sure as hell didn't want anything growing on him.
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 49

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:34 am

Bojan put his book with the rest of his cleaned kit and headed off to the sickbay.
William Jones

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”