Turn 50

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 50

Post by Apachetear » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:48 pm

Grambo wrote: "Let's just say that the stuff that sticks in your head isn't always the scary stuff... half the folks we faced were armed with improvised weapons and explosives... I felt like we were murderers. Some of those faces I probably won't ever forget."
"Less well equipped, you must've felt bad..." Jacob mused "But still, they were trying to kill you, you couldn't've sit there and let them hit you with a pitchfork or a homemade grenade could you?" Jacob spoke in a reassuring voice, he was quickly warming to this guy...he sounded like he had a lot of stories.
Grambo wrote: "Oh hell no... I've seen guys who I'd call true veterans after two missions... trust me, Jacob, after what we just came out of everyone here is a veteran in my eyes. Your first outfit... hell of a way to start...", Dar shook his head. He knew what betrayal felt like...
"Yeah, it's why I'm so paranoid on missions - because my first mission the enemy knew where we'd be and what we'd be doing...can't be too careful now. I know what you mean about veteran after 2 missions - I've seen a lot, really condensed down - mission just gone? No-one should have to run someone to an APC with a tail through his lung..." Jacob laughed as he said it, but it wasn't a joke by any stretch of the measure.
Grambo wrote:
"Nothing on you guys... that's my own baggage speaking up. I pissed off an officer not that long ago... was up for Sergeant when I misread an off-duty situation... punched an LT and, worse yet, made him look helpless in front of his girl who he clearly beats. I have a feeling she may not be so impressed now. Anyway, I nearly ended up breaking rocks, but instead they dropped me back to boot, and started sending me on the ugliest crap they could find. Jandice was my first gift. I got one stripe back there, but I figured this assignment was supposed to kill me. I was worried I was a liability for you... but seems you have your own history... maybe we're made for each other."
"Sounds like a shit deal, but hey - at least you aren't in a penal colony, who knows - maybe you'll live longer this way?" Grinning, Jacob saw they were getting near to Morrisson "Hey, you and this company'll get along like a house on fire"
Grambo wrote:
"Found one, Corporal. Green... um... wouldn't come. Don't think I'm the guy to round him up..."
"To be honest, I think Nick has the best chance of reaching him...seems he values his life highest after all" Jacob added on bitterly...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 50

Post by StConstantine » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:15 pm

"Con, stand down - that's an order, last thing we need is to make things more tense with talk of a fight. Sorry - this is probably the only time I'll pull rank on you as a private first class over a private, but it means I know you'll do it, right? Join us for a drink by all means though"
"Yes private" Con said sliding his knife back into its sheath "lets go get something to drink im parched. Come on newbies, lets go find us some alcahol on this oversized tin can we call home"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 50

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:28 pm

Bojan continued to work hard to assist Priest in whatever way necessary. He felt as if he was about to collapse with exhaustion but pressed on only allowing himself a break when they'd finished the job at hand. Things seemed to be going well though, Priest thought they could get Eagle stable and everyone else that made it home was ok.
William Jones

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 50

Post by Jocke » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:44 am

[quote=""Grambo""]"Found one, Corporal. Green... um... wouldn't come. Don't think I'm the guy to round him up..."[/quote]

"Well, fuck Green, then." Morrison said "everyone else here?" he added, looking around in the room, eyes stopping at Priest.

Could be a risk...

Morrison took another swig from his bottle, and then passed it to the marine next to him.

"Here's what the swabbie told me: All these people arrived a few hours ago, before the dropcrew got back from their first trip. Since they couldn't reach us, apparently a small recon-unit was landed, to see if we where still alive. Manny- the short guy- that I talked to said he overheard a couple of 'them', whether 'them' means that it was the suits, or the recon force, I don't know- he didn't say... Anyhow, he overheard a couple of them ordering the destruction of the ship. So we just found ourselves on the spicy end of a shit-sandwich. What we're gonna do now, I don't know- but this regards us all."

Morrison paused to insert even more dip into his mouth, and then spat on the floor.

"I recon a good start would be to get our hands on the mission records. And Priest- delete this conversation from your memory- or I'll do it for you."
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 50

Post by Apachetear » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:17 pm

Listening intently to what Morrisson said, Jacob waited until he'd finished and calmly got out a cigarette, sparked up...and smoked slowly.

"That's all there is to it then? Well...guess caution is the word for the forseeable future...."

Jacob was acting calm, but inside his stomach had done a somersault - his first outfit had disbanded because of betrayal, and now his second one had nearly been blown up because of...well...betrayal as far as he was concerned.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 50

Post by Grambo » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:02 pm

"Here's what the swabbie told me: All these people arrived a few hours ago, before the dropcrew got back from their first trip. Since they couldn't reach us, apparently a small recon-unit was landed, to see if we where still alive. Manny- the short guy- that I talked to said he overheard a couple of 'them', whether 'them' means that it was the suits, or the recon force, I don't know- he didn't say... Anyhow, he overheard a couple of them ordering the destruction of the ship. So we just found ourselves on the spicy end of a shit-sandwich. What we're gonna do now, I don't know- but this regards us all."
Dar noted Morrison was drinking and dipping... and passed the bottle on.

"So... basically... they're surprised as hell that we're here. That also probably means that, to someone, we're an embarrassment. That's not a good thing... trust me. We should seriously stick together for a while... I'm trying not to be paranoid here, but they just tried to blow our asses up. I wouldn't put it past someone to try again if they are embarrassed enough. Do we know how many corp soldiers there are here?"

Dar was feeling that itch... and his itch was usually right. This was not over... and it wasn't going to end clean.
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 50

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:50 pm

A pissed off Ronald went around the station... Over and over again like a restless maniac searching for something he would never found, several differnt thoughts ran through his now paranoid mind, always having a hand on his belt next to his gun, he eyes glances around all the time while he muttered. In his mind ran aliens around, killing and clawing everthing and evertime he had to walk around a ventilation he pulled his gun, aimed it towards the ventilation and put his back to the opposite wall and walked a few feet before he walked normally again. His red hair all sweaty, his eyeballs almost red and awfully pale he went on, fighting an enemy he wouldnt find... Or would he?
an Donaldson

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 50

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:40 am

James dreamed. There was an intense burning sensation, like a flaming brand had been stabbed into his chest and then slowly extracted cauterizing the wound as it was extracted. He felt pressure working its way from the inside out in his chest region. The last thing in his mind's eye was the image of the male figure glued to the wall with a large exit wound to his chest. He screamed, and began to fight against the crushing bands that held him secure to the wall. When had that happened when had he been captured. He reached frantically to the grasp the escaping shape that was tearing its way out of his chest, his fingers wrapped around the tubular shape and try as he might he could not contain whatever it was that was trying to escape the confines of his chest. It was like wrestling with bands of steel, nothing living could be so strong. He heard whispered voices and let a blood curdling scream escape his lips two words could be made out, "No and Back". He felt a prick and then a warm sensation spread rapidly up his left side and then he knew no more.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”