Turn 50

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 50

Post by Grambo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:04 pm

Ronald looked briefly at Dar then back at the wall, gently he puts a hand on his pistol just to warn Dar and sighs. He bites at his lips, thinking deeply clearly.
Dar saw Green's reaction, and his attentiveness went back up. The adrenaline spike would be something he'd pay for soon enough, but suddenly he felt he was in a dangerous situation again.

"Look, I'm under orders... and not ones from crazy people, but from people I trust... that you USED to trust. Come on... you're not gonna shoot me... let's go... together..."

Dar kept his hand out towards Green, but stayed ready... if Green snapped, he wanted to be ready to subdue him... and not get shot in the process...
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 50

Post by StConstantine » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:44 am

Turning to Shepherd Con looked at his watch and then at the parked vehicle. "Your buddy Dar has been a while dont you think, maybe we should check up on him, dont want Green to go psycho on him and do something he will regret later. I will admit hes a big guy and im pretty scared of him and i don't like the idea of people alone with him when he's in this kind of mood"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 50

Post by pants » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:41 pm

Priest answered without looking up.

"Pretty good, I believe I can stabilize him quickly. The tail didn't hit anything important...I think"
"Glad to hear it Priest, keep me informed about his condition," replied Nick.

With a bone deep weariness Nick sat down heavily on one of the empty sick bay beds. Feeling the memories of the last few hours trying to gain entry into his concious mind Nick knew he had to deal with what had happened otherwise it might overwhelm him at some later time and he needed to be on top of everything at all times.

First of all they'd lost two marines to those damn...aliens. And then of course they hadn't been able to complete the mission having neither rescued the VIPs or captured any of the cultists, however when the situation had been as screwed up as what the 'Easy Eights' had faced Nick thought that the marines had done the best they could do in the circumstances. Heck, he was thinking that a few of the marines were in line for medal considerations, but he could only recommend them it was up to the top brass to decide if they were worthy or not.

Those aliens...Nick had never seen anything like them! So damn fast, strong and as hard to kill as one of his marines. Not only that but their rate of breeding must be phenominal to have produced the numbers that the platoon had faced in the ship.

Rubbing his hand over his face wearily Nick still had a mental picture of that damn 'facehugger' trying to choke the life out of him. Now how the heck did that thing fit in with armoured monstrosities they had faced, Nick thought to himself. He realised he had to many questions and not enough answers but maybe if he put his head together with the rest of the platoon they could come up with some answers.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 50

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 pm

Slowly Green turned towards Dar but he didnt lift the gun or anything. "Do I look like I should go there? Why cant I have a break huh? Can you tell me that new guy huh?" The large man stood up and walked up, pushing Dar out of the way if needed. Ronald left his equipment in the tank and as he walked he pulled off the space suit, throwing bits of it here and there.
an Donaldson

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 50

Post by Grambo » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:39 pm

Slowly Green turned towards Dar but he didnt lift the gun or anything. "Do I look like I should go there? Why cant I have a break huh? Can you tell me that new guy huh?" The large man stood up and walked up, pushing Dar out of the way if needed. Ronald left his equipment in the tank and as he walked he pulled off the space suit, throwing bits of it here and there.
Dar felt the rage from the marine as he shouldered by. Still, he wasn't leaving a man down... even if that man was wounded in ways he didn't understand.

"Look, Green... I'm the new guy, but I also stood with you in the shit. I don't know what the frack just happened back there, but I *do* know that if we don't trust each other, we're done. I don't know you, but I *DO* know that I won't screw you for a percentage. Now just frackin' stop and hold up... let's go to medical and see how Eagle's doing, ok?"
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 50

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:47 pm

"Say what? We arent in combat you know, look I dont even know you name for hell sake. I dont need to act like I like you up here, no fights or anything. And Eagle? Pfft, he will be fine, he's a friggin indian... " Ronald went on as he throw his gloves somewhere randomly.
an Donaldson

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 50

Post by StConstantine » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:18 pm

The large man stood up and walked up, pushing Dar out of the way if needed. Ronald left his equipment in the tank and as he walked he pulled off the space suit, throwing bits of it here and there.
Seeing the look Green had as he walked out of the tank Con bent down as if he was doing his boot laces and stod back up, drawing a small combat knife out of his boot. He used his arm to hide it from view as he dragged it up his leg and he finally let it come to rest stuck into the back of his belt with his shirt over the top.

"Be ready guys, I think i smell a fight coming on"

Con didnt want to stab anyone, he had before, where he lived it was either you stab them or they stab you, but he didnt like to think of it. The thought of all the blood and the screaming was enough to send chills down his spine but he reasurred himself with the phrase "this is life and this is how it will always be"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 50

Post by Grambo » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:10 pm

"Say what? We arent in combat you know, look I dont even know you name for hell sake. I dont need to act like I like you up here, no fights or anything. And Eagle? Pfft, he will be fine, he's a friggin indian... " Ronald went on as he throw his gloves somewhere randomly.
Dar didn't like where this was going... but he'd started this party, and he was going to see it through. He stepped up and grabbed Green by one arm...

"LOOK, man. You don't know me, but you DO know I didn't leave your ass back there. You may think that you're done... you may be ready to walk away from your life... but there are people here who care about your ass, and who have put *their* asses on the line for you... and without knowing you, I did. You want to sulk... you go ahead... but look me in the eye and tell me you truly don't give a shit about the rest of us..."
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 50

Post by Apachetear » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:34 pm

Laughing out loud, Jacob decided it was time for him to get himself involved...this would be fun either way...

walking up, Jacob stood by Green's side.

"Ron, fancy gettin' a brew? I don't think there's much as can be done about this finger here...well, the lack of finger - I think that's the problem..." Grinning, he dropped his cigarette on the floor and ground it out.

"Con, stand down - that's an order, last thing we need is to make things more tense with talk of a fight. Sorry - this is probably the only time I'll pull rank on you as a private first class over a private, but it means I know you'll do it, right? Join us for a drink by all means though"

Looking at the scarred new marine, clearly a veteran "Dar, cheers for the help - wanna come get a brew too? I can't see how a quiet drink can make matters worse. You smoke?" offering a cigarette to the new marine.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 50

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:49 pm

Ronald laughed slightly but didnt even look at Jacob as he passed them all. "Im not in the mood" he mummled as he moved on, the last bits of his suits, his equipment laying here and there for what he cared. After a few more meters he turned around "First I care about myself, then Steel and Jacob, those are my friggin brothers, you others are shit. NOw get the fuck off my back private newbie before I make you." THen he turned around and went on, his face all red and it was clear that Ronald was either insane or his anger came out after all the fear...
an Donaldson

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 50

Post by Grambo » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:02 pm

Ronald laughed slightly but didnt even look at Jacob as he passed them all. "Im not in the mood" he mummled as he moved on, the last bits of his suits, his equipment laying here and there for what he cared. After a few more meters he turned around "First I care about myself, then Steel and Jacob, those are my friggin brothers, you others are shit. NOw get the fuck off my back private newbie before I make you." THen he turned around and went on, his face all red and it was clear that Ronald was either insane or his anger came out after all the fear...
Dar fought the impulses surging in him... and decided that whatever the problem was, he wasn't the guy to solve it.

"Yeah, thanks for the heads up, Green. Always good to know where you stand."
Looking at the scarred new marine, clearly a veteran "Dar, cheers for the help - wanna come get a brew too? I can't see how a quiet drink can make matters worse. You smoke?" offering a cigarette to the new marine.
"Yeah... thanks. Pass on the cig, but I'll sure as hell take a brew. How's Eagle?"

Dar turned away from the retreating Green, and then passed on Morrison's request... quietly... "Hey, Morrison wanted us to gather for a short chat about our new friends. First swing by med before we grab that drink?"
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 50

Post by Apachetear » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:28 pm

Looking after Green thoughtfully Jacob muttered lowly "Why does he place Nick's life above mine?" Looking over at Dar he broke his frown with a half hearted grin "Don't smoke, well - I'm looking forward to the life saving apparatus they'll have for me when I come down with cancer, as opposed to you poor guys who could have some mystery disease with no cure..."

Laughing he lit up another cigarette - pushing Green as far from his mind as possible, he headed off to Morrisson with Dar

"so, PFC already - what other action you seen? Enjoy your first half a mission with the eights?"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 50

Post by Grambo » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:16 am

"so, PFC already - what other action you seen? Enjoy your first half a mission with the eights?"
Dar walked with Jacob, his head still sorting the encounter with Green as he went. "Yeah, seems a pretty tight crew... my last unit I got pretty close with before I pissed off the wrong chief. Hope Green isn't in with the brass..."

"For myself, my last unit went on a couple of pretty ugly runs... including the rebellion on Jandice. Never seen anything like those freakin' creatures... but seen my share of action. How about you?"
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 50

Post by Apachetear » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:36 am

"Jandice? shit, have fun?" exclaimed Jacob.

"This is my second proper outfit, what we've just been through my second mission with 'em..." Jacob said nonchelantly. "My first outfit ended badly, our squad sarge was crooked, took bribes from rebels in exchange for our squad's action plans...he was discovered pretty quick - our platoon got disbanded and split up - now I'm here...Only taken part in 3 missions total, so I guess I must seem pretty green to you - 19, 3 missions..." Chuckling to himself

"As for green being in with the brass the sarge, Nick, was squad 1's leader not so long ago, so me and Green are pretty friendly with him - but we're in nobodies pocket if that's what you're worred about..."

As they reached Morrisson, Jacob realised that here was a marine who he wouldn't class as a meat shield - he was a veteran, and a nice guy to boot.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 50

Post by Grambo » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:48 pm

"Jandice? shit, have fun?" exclaimed Jacob.
"Let's just say that the stuff that sticks in your head isn't always the scary stuff... half the folks we faced were armed with improvised weapons and explosives... I felt like we were murderers. Some of those faces I probably won't ever forget."
"This is my second proper outfit, what we've just been through my second mission with 'em..." Jacob said nonchelantly. "My first outfit ended badly, our squad sarge was crooked, took bribes from rebels in exchange for our squad's action plans...he was discovered pretty quick - our platoon got disbanded and split up - now I'm here...Only taken part in 3 missions total, so I guess I must seem pretty green to you - 19, 3 missions..."
"Oh hell no... I've seen guys who I'd call true veterans after two missions... trust me, Jacob, after what we just came out of everyone here is a veteran in my eyes. Your first outfit... hell of a way to start...", Dar shook his head. He knew what betrayal felt like...
"As for green being in with the brass the sarge, Nick, was squad 1's leader not so long ago, so me and Green are pretty friendly with him - but we're in nobodies pocket if that's what you're worred about..."
"Nothing on you guys... that's my own baggage speaking up. I pissed off an officer not that long ago... was up for Sergeant when I misread an off-duty situation... punched an LT and, worse yet, made him look helpless in front of his girl who he clearly beats. I have a feeling she may not be so impressed now. Anyway, I nearly ended up breaking rocks, but instead they dropped me back to boot, and started sending me on the ugliest crap they could find. Jandice was my first gift. I got one stripe back there, but I figured this assignment was supposed to kill me. I was worried I was a liability for you... but seems you have your own history... maybe we're made for each other."

Dar grinned, and slapped Jacob on the back as they walked up to Morrison.

"Found one, Corporal. Green... um... wouldn't come. Don't think I'm the guy to round him up..."
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”