Turn 50

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 50

Post by Nick » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:47 pm

The Marines of the "Easy Eights" entered the USS Costaguana with mixed feelings. The first and overwhelming feeling was the kick of being alive. They had made it, through hell and back. They were safe. The familiar smell of the hangar deck aboard had never smelled so sweet.

But on the other hand - They had lost people down there. Good people. Friends.

And on top of that, Eagle was still in a critical condition. Priest, Steel and Bojan had rushed him to the emergency room and they were there now trying to stabilize him.

It took several minutes for the exhausted Marines to notice the presence of other Marines aboard the USS Costaguana. There were also other sorts of people, people in black suits, grey suits, white robes and orange overalls. It must have been over fifty people all in all milling about...

"Weyland-Yutani Corporation" Green read out loud from one of the workers orange backs.

Slowly the marines started to take off their bulky spacesuits

Site admin

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 50

Post by Jocke » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:22 am

Morrison didn't like the crowd that had massed at his home away from home. He didn't like the precense of what seemed to be some company middlemen- the whole situation just added to the hint of paranoia that he had been feeling in the dropship earlier.

Morrison swatted civilians aside as he walked over to the dropships crew: "How long ago did they get here? Because this isn't all for the few V.I.P's we managed to get out of the dropship, is it?"

The swabbies oughta know, they where topside most of the time...
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 50

Post by Nick » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:29 am

Morrison went over the Dropship crew and started talking, it was impossible for the other marines to hear what they where talking about in the comotion.

Site admin

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 50

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:13 pm

Ronald still sat in the tank, hating and loving all the feelings that was rushing through his head, he panted despite he wasnt tired and glared at the wall in front of him, he didnt move an inch.
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 50

Post by Apachetear » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:16 pm

looking around, Jacob briefly noticed the "Weyland-Yutani" markings and just as quickly as he noticed them he forgot them.

Since being able to - he'd smoked about 5 cigarettes, and was just about to start his sixth.

Glumly he realised that the post mission elation that he'd survived had been replaced with a slow dawning realisation that in a week or two - if that - he'd probably be in a combat situation again, maybe even against those creatures again...who knew?
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 50

Post by Jocke » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am

The GM wrote:Morrison went over the Dropship crew and started talking, it was impossible for the other marines to hear what they where talking about in the comotion.

Morrison nodded, and a strained expression came over his face. With haste, he started to walk over to the sickbay, grabbing the LT on the way there.

"We have to talk boss, walk with me. " Morrison left the explanation until later.

Using his radio to get to Vaughan, Morrison just said: "What we discussed earlier may very well be true. Go around to the guys- tell them to shut up, and play dumb. Knock Green out if you have to- right now he's a liability."
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 50

Post by Grambo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:27 am

Using his radio to get to Vaughan, Morrison just said: "What we discussed earlier may very well be true. Go around to the guys- tell them to shut up, and play dumb. Knock Green out if you have to- right now he's a liability."
Dar listened, and acknowledged briefly... "Got it.", and then immediately turned back from his trip to med. This was something he had come to expect... but even so, it felt wrong.

Without hesitation, Dar started walking through the rack area, and looked for the team. He looked for Green, specifically... he agreed with the corporal's assessment...
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 50

Post by pants » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:24 am

And on top of that, Eagle was still in a critical condition. Priest, Steel and Bojan had rushed him to the emergency room and they were there now trying to stabilize him.
Nick was too exhausted to really pay attention to his surroundings as he helped shift L Cpl Eagle to the med bay. Reaching the emergency room Nick helped settle Eagle on to one of the medical beds and let Priest and the med bays automatic equipment get to work on him.

"Priest, what's L Cpl Eagles chances of pulling through this?"
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 50

Post by Nick » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:18 pm

Priest answered without looking up.

"Pretty good, I believe I can stabilize him quickly. The tail didn't hit anything important...I think"

{tag steel}
Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 50

Post by Apachetear » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:08 pm

'play dumb? I can manage that' thought Jacob to himself...

sitting back and taking a draw on his cigarette he wondered what glorious new medals he'd be getting for this mission - or whether he'd make it to Field Marshall...doubtful, but he liked to dream.

Looking around the sickbay, he went up to an orderly

"So, honestly, what can be done about this? Can it be sterilized or something...?"

He'd learnt to forget the dull ache of it, but still - it was odd to look at his hand and see a gap where his ring finger should be...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 50

Post by Grambo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:18 pm

Dar finally tracked down Green... finding him still sitting, nearly motionless.

"Green... hey man... come with me... let's head down to Med, ok? Morrison needs us." Dar offered his hand to the near-catatonic marine...
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 50

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:11 pm

Ronald looked briefly at Dar then back at the wall, gently he puts a hand on his pistol just to warn Dar and sighs. He bites at his lips, thinking deeply clearly.
an Donaldson

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 50

Post by StConstantine » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:13 pm

"Play dumb? what do you think anything I have done so far has been considered smart" Con said winking at Honeysett
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 50

Post by Jagr35 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:27 pm

Shepherd slung his ruck over his shoulder and moved next to where Con stood next to Honeysett.

"Who are the civvies in the suits?" he asked, keeping his voice low and averting his eyes toward the civilians.

PVT Jason Shepherd
2nd Squad, Corpsman
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 50

Post by Apachetear » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:45 pm

Jagr35 wrote:"Who are the civvies in the suits?"
"Weyland Yutani" Muttered Jacob

"hush about it though, I'd rather talk about it when they're not right in front of us...dunno who they could be, but I've got a feeling Morrisson knows - lets wait for him to spill the beans when we've been debriefed."

Looking up at the new recruit, he smiled "So, how didja find your first mission? Sorry you missed half of it I bet...."
StConstantine wrote:"Play dumb? what do you think anything I have done so far has been considered smart" Con said winking at Honeysett
Laughing, Jacob looked up at Con "Well, you survived the mission, I'll leave it up to you to work out if that was a good idea or not - because we'll probably be shipped out to the gates of hell again in the not too distant future"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”