Turn 1 Rifle Squad

The 2nd Eightballs campaign
Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by Jagr35 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:29 pm

Shepherd chuckled at Morrison as he tried to wipe the taste of the tube form his mouth.

"I'm here, SGT"
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by tashw » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:27 pm

Eileen climbed out of the cryo tube with her standard headache and need for about a gallon of coffee.

The rest of the platoon sounded reassuringly noisy, although in some cases she could hope for a less disturbing choice of words. "Morrison, you will never put that image in my mind again. That is an order."

Stepping over to where Steel was standing, Eileen quickly took him to one side, "I'm going to contact recon. Get everyone fed, the briefing will be in half an hour."
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by exowolf » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:51 pm

Awakening in a cryo tube has never been one of Blackhawk's favorites, it always felt unnatural. Stepping out of the tube after hearing bits and pieces of the "new guy" comments he regains his senses. Thinking a bit, "How is this all going to work? I heard talk of aliens, nightmares, crap details. All sounds interesting."

Finding his fatigues he starts to get dressed not saying much still processing the fact that he is in space, on a mission, its all still a dream in his head.

He starts to eye up his squad and looks over his Easy Eights patch. So here he is an Easy Eight and ready to do his job.
Stepping over to where Steel was standing, Eileen quickly took him to one side, "I'm going to contact recon. Get everyone fed, the briefing will be in half an hour."
Starts to speak to the rest, "So, where can I get some grub?"
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by Apachetear » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:57 pm

Looking up, Jacob noticed his newest squadmember awake

"Hey, John isn't it? nice to see my squad's in the land of the living at least. Grub? Wait 'till everyone else is awake and we'll head down to the canteen..." Offering a cigarette from his pack "You smoke?"

So far, Jacob was the only smoker in the easy eights...not that he minded...but the anti-smoking hints he sometimes got did get a bit trying...

Standing up, Jacob stretched and yawned. stubble dotted his face, and he rubbed his chin - it felt like sandpaper 'just the length of beard I like' he thought to himself.

Grinning he flicked through a copy of the briefing

"Con, looks like this training mission isn't the sort of training mission where we can burn people or blow stuff up - don't know why I didn't think of it before, must have been the sleeping pod's effect...so it'll be standard loadout, except with dummies...not live ammo."
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by StConstantine » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:04 pm

"Con, looks like this training mission isn't the sort of training mission where we can burn people or blow stuff up - don't know why I didn't think of it before, must have been the sleeping pod's effect...so it'll be standard loadout, except with dummies...not live ammo."
"Aww crap, that sucks I really wanted to try out some grenades or something" Con said feeling disappointment. Flipping through the mission brief he noticed something "wait does that mean the only live rounds we have are either in the recon squads backpacks or a few spare clips that you have?"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by Apachetear » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:12 pm

"Nick Or the LT will have the live rounds...not us..." Looking around, Jacob leaned in to Con and whispered "But, if I don't see you putting a live clip into your backpack then there's nothing I can do about it...is there? Any accidents though, and I'll personally nail your balls to the thruster of the Costaguana"

Leaning back, Jacob winked and slapped Con on the back - and relayed the same whispered message to Green and John...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by StConstantine » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:20 pm

"But, if I don't see you putting a live clip into your backpack then there's nothing I can do about it...is there? Any accidents though, and I'll personally nail your balls to the thruster of the Costaguana"
"Don't worry" Con said leaning over to Jacob "i'm about 10 steps ahead of you. And since i'm probably the sneakiest i'll try and get something for you guys"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by Apachetear » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:27 pm

Grinning, at Con, Jacob realised that he had potentially quite a useful man for getting things people didn't want to be got for missions...

"Just the one clip mind..." he said vaguely, before lighting another cigarette

"Can we leave for food yet?" He said in mock-anger

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by Jocke » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:49 am

tashw wrote:The rest of the platoon sounded reassuringly noisy, although in some cases she could hope for a less disturbing choice of words. "Morrison, you will never put that image in my mind again. That is an order."

Morrison nodded towards the liutenant as he inserted a piece of dip in his mouth- nicotene addiction being more important then getting dressed, in his book.

"Aye, ma'm" he said as he spat out a dark brown lump of saliva on the floor.

He then started to get dressed, keeping an eye out for the people in his squad.

"Second squad, get dressed! Time to haul some ass, people! Newcomers, I will brief you personally after we've taken care of usual procedure! Now move it!" he barked, knowing very well how slow marines where when they just got out of the tubes. He had to force himself to move at all. The dip did clear out most of the ache and nausea, however.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by StConstantine » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:11 am

Con stood up and left the room briefly, when he returned he sat down next to Jacob, lent over and whispered some thing too quite for any of the other marines to hear. Satnding up again he went over to his half packed webbing and began looking around in it, not finding what he wanted he stood back up and sat down again.
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:15 pm

A dressed Ronald Green stood with his hands in his pockets, studying the vents around in the room, waiting to hear dumb orders or the time to eat breakfast. He glard slightly at the new guy "John" wondering how he had heard about aliens since that had been top secret stuff but nevermind, who cares Ronald thought and brushed his red hair. He didnt give Eileen a look now, these days Ronald seemed to dislike women more then xenomorphs almost.
an Donaldson

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by bull30548 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:17 pm

Awakening slowly he gets up holding his head as all the yelling goes on around him. "Oh good god I hope this is just a side effect.", whispering to himself as he crawls out of his tube. He stretches as the yelling registers in his head hurries to his locker. Pulling on his pants and shirt still crisp and new from basic. Pulling out his armor he straps it on the clasps still snapping loudly. Pulling out his pack and satchel he lays them out on the bench. Pulling out his rifle, side arm, and his keepsake from home an old fashion pump shotgun. Checking to make sure they are all in good condition lays them out next to his pack. Standing at attention in front of his locker in full garb. "Private Gavin Jones ready for inspection SIR!"

Upon inspecting his pack you find everything is in order there probably hasn't been unpacked since reassignment from basic. His satchel also in good order though obviously seen more use a tool set and electronic suite for use to repair machinery or computers. Looking as his locker flips open there is a picture of his family on a colony. Under that is a picture of him in an APC waving a wrench.

When anyone of higher rank walks by he introduces himself and salutes holding it until is returned. "Private Gavin Jones Rifleman, Mechanic, and APC Driver Sir (of Ma'am)!"
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by pants » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:37 pm

"Yep, right here sarge" Con said hearing his name called.

"Im awake, im awake" shouted Ronald just as he pulled the zippers up.

"Y'alright Sarge?" Grinned Jacob.

"Sergeant, for the last, bloody time- I am a corporal, not a lance. Call me lance one more time..." Morrison exhaled, blowing a heavy flow of air from his mouth "...and I'm going to have to spank you. Are we clear, Sergeant?"

Shepherd chuckled at Morrison as he tried to wipe the taste of the tube form his mouth. "I'm here, SGT"
"Glad to see everybody made it. You always hear stories about how sometimes the cryo tubes fail and some people don't ever wake up..." Nick had a big cheesy grin on his face as he said this and looked around to see if anybody was taken in by this story.

"They also say if you listen real close you can sometimes hear the ghosts of all those who died whispering to you while you're in cryo. Luckily we're marines so we'd kick those damn ghosts from here to the edge of space! I love being a marine! Oh and Corporal Morrison, there will be no spanking in my platoon unless I'm the one administering it!"

Nick was feeling good and he could tell the platoon was feeling good as well. Banter was always a good sign that the platoon was getting along, and it showed that they'd gelled since the events six months ago.
"Aye, aye LT," said Steel as Lt Vincent left the cryo room.

"Listen up platoon. You have 25 minutes to get yourselves organised, it's up to the squad leaders how you do it, that's right my friends I'm delegating responsibility, I just want to see you all ready in the mess in 25 minutes. The Lieutenant will conduct the briefing there."

Shaking off the last of his fatigue Nick stood up and moved away from his tube feeling his body protest a little bit at having to move in gravity. He had to admit though it was a lot better to be moving around than stuck in the cryo tube like a popsicle.

A few of the marines were dressing and Nick noticed Green and one of the new recruits were already fully clothed. Quickly getting changed Nick walked towards Green but was intercepted on his way there by the new guy.
"Private Gavin Jones Rifleman, Mechanic, and APC Driver Sir"
"Welcome to the 'Easy Eights' Pvt Jones. You're assigned to Cpl Morrisons squad. Remember to listen to what he says and obey him instantly, you'll learn a lot that way. Now if you'll excuse me I've got to talk to Green for a minute." Slapping Pvt Jones on the shoulder Nick moved passed him walking to where Green stood, fully dressed and seemingly bored.

"How you doing Green? Ready for this training mission? Are you ready to get dirty!" asked Nick as he grinned at the lanky red headed marine.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by Apachetear » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:36 pm

"Alright then first squad." Called Jacob "I want all your equipment checked and double checked. When everything's tip top you can eat!" a little surge of pride flowed through him...this was 'his' squad.

"John, you'll be Squad one's comtech...any problems? That means you'll be prepping the comtech gear as well - I'm sure Con can give you a hand if you need one, he was acting Commie last mission." Grinning Jacob backtracked

"Not calling you a communist Con" he said with a chuckle in his voice

"Oh, and any personal keepsakes that also get used to kill people..." He eyed Private Gavin's shotgun "Keep unloaded if you'd be so kind - this is a training mission you know - well, get off to work...first person to finish gets their breakfast bought by me" Grinning, Jacob started to strap his armour on and check his gear, being as thorough as possible without taking forever.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by StConstantine » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:02 pm

"John, you'll be Squad one's comtech...any problems? That means you'll be prepping the comtech gear as well - I'm sure Con can give you a hand if you need one, he was acting Commie last mission." Grinning Jacob backtracked

"Not calling you a communist Con" he said with a chuckle in his voice
Con shrugged at the joke and laughed "I was probably the worst Comm Tech ever, thank god for Daniel Bojan or we would probaly be tiny bits of dust flying through space right now."

"Ok so can you guys just tell me how exactly do these dummies work, i mean do they actually discarge any sort of projectile or just a bang and a puff of smoke?"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”