Turn 1 Rifle Squad

The 2nd Eightballs campaign
HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:29 pm

"How you doing Green? Ready for this training mission? Are you ready to get dirty!" asked Nick as he grinned at the lanky red headed marine.
"Oh the usual Captain.. Sir.. you know what I mean" said Ronald and sighed. "Just planning to do my best.. I just hope this works good this time" He mumbled the few last words and nodded for himself more then to Nick and look towards the ground.
an Donaldson

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by Jocke » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:15 am

pants wrote:"Listen up platoon. You have 25 minutes to get yourselves organised, it's up to the squad leaders how you do it, that's right my friends I'm delegating responsibility, I just want to see you all ready in the mess in 25 minutes. The Lieutenant will conduct the briefing there."
Morrison, now dressed and clear of thought, was moving between the cryopods to make sure that his squad was up. Looking over the list, he was somewhat surprised to not find a single familiar name on there.

"Come on people, you heard the man. Get dressed, and get yourselves to the mess, if you don't, you go hungry. Now move it!" Morrison was getting tired of having to push these newcomers, but since two of them where female, they probably would take longer. Spitting on the floor again, Morrison grabbed his com-unit, calling up the sergeant Steel.

"Hey boss, how come I always get the fresh meat? Who in batallion HQ hates me?" he sighed over the radionet.
"Private Gavin Jones Rifleman, Mechanic, and APC Driver Sir"
Morrison smiled at the enthusiasm of the new recruit. He had been somewhat like that himself, a few years back. With a few quick steps, Morrison was standing in front of the newcomer.

"Well then private Jones. I am Corporal Thomas Morrison, I'm going to be your boss here in the Easy Eights" Morrison stretched his arm out, inviting a shake "and as long as you keep your head straight, I'm sure we'll get along just fine. Now- since you're new and all- I guess this is rather exciting for you, but stow that gear and get to the mess this very minute. Clear, Private?" Morrison said with a grin.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by pants » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:38 am

"Oh the usual Captain.. Sir.. you know what I mean" said Ronald and sighed. "Just planning to do my best.. I just hope this works good this time" He mumbled the few last words and nodded for himself more then to Nick and look towards the ground.
Nick took his time in replying to Green. The events of the last mission were obviously still on the red haired marines mind, and they seemed to be affecting his confidence as well.

"Green, I know you'll always try to do your best but your gonna have your hands full with Honeysett as your new squadleader though, you're gonna have to keep him in line, who knows what he's gonna do with his new found power! And remember this is a training mission, so I need you to keep an eye on the new guy and make sure he doesn't make to many mistakes.

"Think your up to all that?"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by bull30548 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:52 am

pants wrote:"Welcome to the 'Easy Eights' Pvt Jones. You're assigned to Cpl Morrisons squad. Remember to listen to what he says and obey him instantly, you'll learn a lot that way.
Saluting crisply "Sir Yes Sir!", his next action is to pick up the shotgun and clear the chamber as ordered picking up the shells he slides them in his pack not wanting to leave live ordanance laying in a locker. He quickly stands back to attention when the Corporal approaches.
Jocke wrote:"Well then private Jones. I am Corporal Thomas Morrison, I'm going to be your boss here in the Easy Eights" Morrison stretched his arm out, inviting a shake "and as long as you keep your head straight, I'm sure we'll get along just fine. Now- since you're new and all- I guess this is rather exciting for you, but stow that gear and get to the mess this very minute. Clear, Private?" Morrison said with a grin.
Salutes then taking the profered hand, "Thank you for the welcome sir." Showing he has a very strong grip. "I wish to apologize for my late arrival on the ship and not being able to introduce myself before. Transport up from Earth was running a bit late and you were already in cold sleep when I got aboard. Yes Sir it is an honor to be amongst the "Easy Eights" I have already looked over what mission reports I could on my way here. I have not however had the opportunity to look at the current mission briefing." Realizing he is talking too much he pulls his had away and stores his gear. Looking around still getting his bearings he runs towards the mess hall at a quick march.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by HeavyGlenn » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:57 am

"Green, I know you'll always try to do your best but your gonna have your hands full with Honeysett as your new squadleader though, you're gonna have to keep him in line, who knows what he's gonna do with his new found power! And remember this is a training mission, so I need you to keep an eye on the new guy and make sure he doesn't make to many mistakes.

"Think your up to all that?"
"I will do my best Nick... Sir..." Said Ronald and saluted slightly, "and I will... Well help the new guy with anyhing, but I got the feeling he's gona do all fine without my... Help, yeah" Said Ronald, still nodding at nothing as he talked.
an Donaldson

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 1 Rifle Squad

Post by exowolf » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:01 pm

Listening around and trying to catch all the conversation around him he answers back....

"Hey, John isn't it? nice to see my squad's in the land of the living at least. Grub? Wait 'till everyone else is awake and we'll head down to the canteen..." Offering a cigarette from his pack "You smoke?"

"Not my thing, don't care if you do but just not my gig."
Leaning back, Jacob winked and slapped Con on the back - and relayed the same whispered message to Green and John...

Shakes his head as he continues to get his gear gathered and ready. Feeling his stomach wanting food he sniffs the air hoping to smell what it might be.

"John, you'll be Squad one's comtech...any problems? That means you'll be prepping the comtech gear as well - I'm sure Con can give you a hand if you need one, he was acting Commie last mission." Grinning Jacob backtracked
"No problem sir, I aim to please" Great I heard stories abotu Easy Eight and the commetch situations. Should be an interesting ride.

"Sir if I could get to the gear and take a look at it after I get some grub I would appreciate it."

PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”