Turn 4 Rifle squad 2

The 2nd Eightballs campaign
Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 4 Rifle squad 2

Post by Jocke » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:53 am

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op

tashw wrote: Eileen shook her head, "Live sentry guns, dropships from nowhere and Field HQ aren't answering the radio. I'm not proceeding until we confirm this is part of the exercise.

"Shit!" Morrison exlaimed loudly when he heard what Vincent had to say. He spat at the ground, and then started to take his pack off, retreiving a rather large, unshapely bundle. "LT- I'm with you on that one, but this really has the hairs of my necks standing." Morrison said as he hoisted the "ruck" onto his back.

He quickly handed the Liutenant a magazine from the bundle in his hand, "Here's one for you. I'll order the guys to go condition three, and pack the sensors."

Morrison then continued up and down the line, handing out live ammunition to his squad. "Ok people, pack the sensors, and go condition three. I hope I'm just paranoid, but until we know, I'm not taking chances! Keep yer eyes open, people!"

He then trotted up the line, to Jones and McKenzie, handing them a live mag each. "Get rid of the laser-sensors, and go condition three. Jones, you can go back the line. Tell Wolf to get inbetween you and me, got it? McKenzie, new heading- due north, to the colony ruins."

"Ok people! They don't pay us by the hour! I'm on point with McKenzie! Now move out!"

(OOC: Condition Three--> You put a loaded magazine in your weapon, but you do not chamber it, that is, don't pull any levers/handles that make the weapong "click" or "k-shick".)
LcCpl Conrad Heart

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 4 Rifle squad 2

Post by pants » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:48 am

Eileen's voice broke in on First Squad's command channel, "Honeysett, Steel, we've got a change of plan. Recon have now reported a sentry gun with live ammunition and two black dropships crossing over their position to the east. In addition Field HQ aren't responding to their radio."

"I'm not continuing this exercise until I've confirmed this is intentional. We'll be moving to the field HQ to confirm this. I want you to continue towards the target as planned, but keep an eye out for anything unusual, especially those dropships. Understood?"

"Acknowledged LT, proceed with the mission but keep an eye out for unusual activity," Nick responded to Lt Vincents comm message.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 4 Rifle squad 2

Post by bull30548 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:28 pm

Ejecting his clip quickly inserting the live ammo one he begins falling back. "Yes, sir." He moves back behind Wolf and takes position. Kneeling down he pulls off the sensor gear and blank clip and puts it in his pack. Sliding the rounds for his shotgun out and into his other leg pocket. Looking up as he gets his ruck back on and stands up.

"Move up, Wolf. Morrison wants you between me and him. Make sure to keep a little distance between us but don't lose sight of anyone if you can. If we got to shoot we don't want to be bunched up and get tagged with friendly fire. I bet it stings like hell and I don't think we want to confirm that."

ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Kagaroth

Turn 4 Rifle squad 2

Post by Kagaroth » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:04 pm

bull30548 wrote: "Move up, Wolf. Morrison wants you between me and him. Make sure to keep a little distance between us but don't lose sight of anyone if you can. If we got to shoot we don't want to be bunched up and get tagged with friendly fire. I bet it stings like hell and I don't think we want to confirm that."
"Don't worry about geting shot be me, anyway if I shoot you, you won't feel a think because you are going to be death in a split second," James said while an angry look appeared on his face. What are he thinking, that I am a greenhorn that fire his rifle 360 around when I see a mice.

Nothing came from his mouth but he pulled one clip from one of his pockets, armor piercing, got to love that and he replaced the training clip. A nod at his comrade then Jimmy moved to his new position taking care not to make any sound that could revel his position. Once in place he got on his kneels and begun scouting around.

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 4 Rifle squad 2

Post by bull30548 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:19 pm

"Hey no argument here man those smartguns are nasty. You lead I'll follow and mimic as best as I can. Who knows maybe I'll learn enough not to be a split second casualty."

He does his best to creep along behind Wolf but on a few occasions he actually loses the man in the bush. He just holds still and takes a knee until after he reaquires the man. He knows he probably sounds like an APC going over dried leaves but Jones has never been one known as stealthy.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Kagaroth

Turn 4 Rifle squad 2

Post by Kagaroth » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:45 pm

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2105 UT

"You're doing fine man, just try not to make too much noise while moving through thise damn bushes", he said to the man behind him with a trace of a smile.

once he was just like that moing around was just like an old steam train moving but during his life as a marine he learned to slip throught bushes quiet enough so he was still alive.

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”