Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:46 pm

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:00:00

Forty minutes had passed since Sgt Steel had been contacted by Lt Vincent. They had made steady progress towards the primary target but it was going slow. Real slow. The ground, although it looked firm, proofed to be pure mud beneath the carpet of leaf. A sticky, heavy blue mud that eagerly sucked the Marines boots down. Here and there roots stuck up through the leafs, though firm they where slippery as ice. The Marines cursed as they slipped and fell, draining them of energy struggling to get to their feet.

The rain had decreased somewhat, but the thunderstorm had increased in intensity. Thunder rolled over the thick canopy above, back and forth. A flickering white followed a few seconds later by a clatter of automatic fire. Automatic fire!

A few hundred meters to their Northwest they could hear the distinctive sound of several small caliber weapons opening up.

Site admin

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by exowolf » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:15 pm

Blackhawk was quick to com "Permission to go live Sarge!"

Blackhawk's reaction was methodical and memorized he stripped off the laser pointers from his gun and readied the clip to go live. As he awaited the answer from Sarge he kept his eyes peeled waiting for something.

Last edited by exowolf on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by StConstantine » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:19 am

A few hundred meters to their Northwest they could hear the distinctive sound of several small caliber weapons opening up.
Hearing the gun fire Con pulled out a grenade from his pocket and rested it against his rifle, his thumb holding it in place just next to the loading area of the bottom strung grenade launcher.

Bending down Con also loosend the combat knife in his boot as an extra precaution and he moved the clip from his pocket to the strap around his helmet.
"are we gonna move towards it or keep going towards the tower?"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:10 pm

StConstantine wrote:
Hearing the gun fire Con pulled out a grenade from his pocket and rested it against his rifle, his thumb holding it in place just next to the loading area of the bottom strung grenade launcher.

Bending down Con also loosend the combat knife in his boot as an extra precaution and he moved the clip from his pocket to the strap around his helmet.
"are we gonna move towards it or keep going towards the tower?"
"Con, what are you doing?!? shouted Jacob, though only at the level of a whisper! "Put that grenade away. We don't know the situation, we don't know if that's one of our squads, grenades would be more useful in other situations....just no Con!""

Looking startled at his outburst, then startled at his original startle...Jacob regained himself...he was in charge, he was able to chastise...Slowly he realised the full extent of his abilities as a leader

"We're gonna do our mission Con, head towards the objective and secure it. Everyone, keep your live rounds very close company...and pay twice as much attention, I don't want to get shot very much."

Turning around he started off again, checking to see that the others were following.
Last edited by Apachetear on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by exowolf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:45 pm

Following Con's lead Blackhawk discreetly undid his combat knife and kept his live clip in hand. No messing around today...

Keeping a sharp eye out around him he started to keep up with Honeysett and eyeing up the tree tops a bit looking for sniper spots.

PFC Marion Windrider

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by tashw » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:50 pm

Eileen's voice came over the Squad's command channel, "Change of plan. Steel, Honeysett, I want you to join up with Recon at the lookout tower. They've found live sentry guns and mines in that area, so approach carefully. We're continuing to the field HQ."

nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:51 pm

Ronald kept on, he sighed several times and hated the rain, the mud, the trees, the animals, everthing. He hadnt brought any ammonation so he didnt load or anything, and being a support fire marine he didnt have anything but his trusted ammoless smartgun.
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:05 pm

tashw wrote:Eileen's voice came over the Squad's command channel, "Change of plan. Steel, Honeysett, I want you to join up with Recon at the lookout tower. They've found live sentry guns and mines in that area, so approach carefully. We're continuing to the field HQ."
Looking round, Jacob relayed the information to the marines...

sighing wearily he turned and headed a new direction, directly towards the tower.

"Keep an eye out for mines and sentries...all of you, even if you're at the back, if we're to retreat I don't want to fall back into sentry arcs....Oooh, Green, I nearly forgot - need ammo?"

Passing the single drum of the smartgun ammo down the line he waited until it was locked and loaded. Heading forwards towards the tower he kept looking around, his head was never still...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by pants » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:15 am

Nick heard the command come over his communit from Lt Vincent and whatever good feeling he might have had about this training mission went out the window.
Looking round, Jacob relayed the information to the marines...

sighing wearily he turned and headed a new direction, directly towards the tower.

"Keep an eye out for mines and sentries...all of you, even if you're at the back, if we're to retreat I don't want to fall back into sentry arcs....Oooh, Green, I nearly forgot - need ammo?"
Being towards the front of the squad Nick was the person who gave Pfc Green the drum of ammo.

"Here you go Green, load it up but keep your finger off the trigger." Nick looked hard at the red-haired marine taking in his seeming listlessness and he knew he had to make sure that Green was up to this.

"It could get messy when we reach Recon squad and I need to know if you're gonna be ready for this Green? Your squad is relying on you to do your job and blow away anything they might come up against, your the go to man, are you gonna be able to do your job?"

As first squad kept moving towards their rendevous with Recon at the lookout tower, Nick kept continually checking their surroundings for anything that looked out of place but he knew he wasn't the best at spotting things.

"Honeysett, who's got the best eyes out of your squad? Might be an idea to put them out front so that they can check for mines and sentry guns. That way we can either avoid them or blow them up."

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by StConstantine » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:39 am

"Con, what are you doing?!? shouted Jacob, though only at the level of a whisper! "Put that grenade away. We don't know the situation, we don't know if that's one of our squads, grenades would be more useful in other situations....just no Con!""
Con nodded but did not put the grenade away, instead he just moved it to a more comfortable position, not loaded but so that he would be able to load it in a matter of seconds. Turning to Honeysett Con asked "so are we still heading north?"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:17 am

StConstantine wrote: Con nodded but did not put the grenade away, instead he just moved it to a more comfortable position, not loaded but so that he would be able to load it in a matter of seconds. Turning to Honeysett Con asked "so are we still heading north?"
"I don't see that grenade away and in your webbing Con" Jacob said simply.

"And directionwise, more of a north northwest I think..."
Pants wrote: "Honeysett, who's got the best eyes out of your squad? Might be an idea to put them out front so that they can check for mines and sentry guns. That way we can either avoid them or blow them up."
"Con'd do pretty well there I think, but I don't want to be tailgun leader, I won't know what's happening as it happens..." Trailing off, Jacob sounded doubtful suddenly - it was his first command, he couldn't lead from the back!

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by exowolf » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:59 pm

After hearing the orders Blackhawk locked and loaded his weapon.

"Gametime"

His blood pumped a bit harder now. It was as if that hunting spirit engaged. Thoughts of tracking the animals of his home flooded him. The way he started to watch the forest you could just see the glint in his eye. The glint of hunting. He enjoyed this stuff too much sometimes.

Blackhawk knew it was his time to shine. Deep in a forest, unknown enemies, and a live ammo? Could it be better for him. Ever since he landed on this rock he had a bad vibe and now he knew why.
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:49 pm

"Sir Yes Sir" was all Ronald answered, he accepted any ammonation or weapons and loaded it into his smartgun. When he was done he turned to Nick and then said "Im always ready, as long there arent you know what". Then he turned back and did what he was doing and was told to do, he always nodded at orders, doing it exactly like a machine only looking sad, but who wouldnt be sad in this bad weather?
an Donaldson

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by StConstantine » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:00 am

Operation: Training Op (or not)
"Con'd do pretty well there I think, but I don't want to be tailgun leader
"So should I move to the front or do you want to lead" Con asked Honeysett, wiping rain from his eyes. "What ever you say goes, you know that"

"Oh yeah and every one, I suggest that we flip down our infrared sights, these mines and sentry guns may be giving off some kind of thermal reading that the sight can detect."

Flipping down his sight Con began scanning the area around him, mainaining his pace and sweeping the whole area.

(OOC: I'm not sure how the GM has been working this but from now on Con uses his "find hidden object" skill, continuosly)
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 5 Rifle Squad 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:20 pm

Move people move! Shouted an irritated Ronald, the rain was chilling the mans senses and soul and memories flashed through his head, he felt angry and a bit irritated at his squadmembers, so slow.. So arrogant he thought, acted like they were immortal, "Bah" Said Ronald loudly for himself while he kicked a plant to the side so he could go on.

Damnful alien plants scum... He said to the closest person.
an Donaldson

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”