Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 6 Recon Squad

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:18 am

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:05:00

Dar slowly slid is foot over to replace Eagles. His heart was pounding like a pneumatic hammer. His mouth dry and his legs felt like concrete pillars. He finished the move and Eagle slowly started to retract his foot. Dar exhaled relieved. Then the mine exploded.

The explosion was not particularly violent, a sharp flash and a muffled thump. Eagle fell on his left side, more by psychological reaction that a blast which had been minimal. Dar fell backwards and landed in the soft mud. Expecting fierce pain, he felt nothing. His right foot felt slightly numb but that was all.

Dars boot looked remarkably intact, except that it was now completely pink. In fact the whole of Dars lower body was covered with pink powder.

Eagles right side was also covered in the pink powder. Baffled he rose to his knees - It had been a training mine!

Suddenly a branch snapped in the immidiate vicinity of the tower. "Movement" one of the M42 equipped marines whispered over the intercom.

Site admin

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 6 Recon Squad

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:53 am

Mission timer: 04:05:00

Before James could say anything whatsoever about the training mine he heard a voice whispered over the radio.
Suddenly a branch snapped in the immediate vicinity of the tower. "Movement" one of the M42 equipped marines whispered over the intercom.
James raised his hands and put the index finger of the right hand in the palm of his left hand. He made a circular motion in his palm. Then he pulled his pulse rifle from his back and quietly pulled the action back, effectively chambering a round. He slowly pivoted in the direction of the snapping branch. He fell forward and began to inch his way across the ground. In the general direction of the sound.

(Hand signal for circle up on me.)
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 6 Recon Squad

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:58 am

It had been a training mine!
Bojan grinned at the sight, his squad mates covered in bright pink powder. They were extremely lucky in his mind. The scene giving him a brief respite from the weight of carrying the sentry gun.
"Movement" one of the M42 equipped marines whispered over the intercom.
Bojan tensed immediately and then relaxed and tried to spot where the movement was in relation to him. Trying to remain motionless and attempting to spy out what caused the movement was his prime concern.

Upon the command, Bojan circled up on Screaming Eagle cautiously.

OOC: Who has which weapons?

William Jones

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 6 Recon Squad

Post by Grambo » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:35 pm

Dars boot looked remarkably intact, except that it was now completely pink. In fact the whole of Dars lower body was covered with pink powder.

Eagles right side was also covered in the pink powder. Baffled he rose to his knees - It had been a training mine!
Dar lay there stunned for a moment, realizing that he should be legless right about now. He started to speak...

"Any other great ideas, Corp..."
Suddenly a branch snapped in the immidiate vicinity of the tower. "Movement" one of the M42 equipped marines whispered over the intercom.
Dar immediately went quiet. This was clearly not a training exercise in some ways, and he wasn't taking chances. Dar quietly flopped prone, and looked to Eagle's 9 o'clock, given that Eagle was headed towards the sound. Dar remained motionless, but did ready his sidearm. His rifle was slung, and too noisy to pop free at this point.

(OOC: I believe I have a pulse rifle, as I was on point for a time. GM confirm?)
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 6 Recon Squad

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:34 pm

OOC: Correct Bojan and Yonman are carrying the M42s
Site admin

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 6 Recon Squad

Post by pants » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:49 am

Code: Select all

"This is Yankee One Zero to November Five Five.  We are approxiamately 200 metres from the lookout tower and have just witnessed an explosion.  Were you responsible for that, over?"

<Tag Eagle>
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 6 Recon Squad

Post by AstroBoy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:20 pm

Code:
"This is Yankee One Zero to November Five Five. We are approximately 200 metres from the lookout tower and have just witnessed an explosion. Were you responsible for that, over?"
Taking into consideration Eagle's proximity to the unknown source of movement, Bojan responded to Steel. He whispered, "Affirmative, Standby"

Bojan continued to advance cautiously towards Eagle.Once there he would follow Eagle towards the movement.

William Jones

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 6 Recon Squad

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:00 pm

Once the men were circled around him, James began the slow process of inching forward. He was determined to make it to whomever was moving in their vicinity.
GM

Image Image Image

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 6 Recon Squad

Post by Grambo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:05 am

Dar stayed on his flanking position behind and to the left of Eagle. His heart was still hammering from the near-death experience. Dar felt it best to remain in covering position, rather than staying up with Eagle. As the Corporal moved forward, Dar stayed still, sidearm out. Once Eagle got 10' or so ahead, Dar went ahead and got up to a crouch. With the squad moving and covering well, he took over for Bojan and reported in to Steel.

"Yankee One Zero... explosion was a training mine only. No casualties (other than Dar's pride, he thought to himself). However, we have movement nearby. Investigating now. Please stand by."

FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”