Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 am

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:05:00

The Marines hurried towards the source of the gunfire. They had less than two hundred meters to go when they heard a muffled thump from the top of the hill. The Marines dove to the ground, finding cover behind tree trunks and small dirt mounds, all expecting a mortar attack. Seconds passed. A flash split the sky open over their heads with a thunderous crash. Slowly the Marines rose and continued towards the tower. Trough a gap in the canopy they could now clearly see the slightly tilted tower, like a thick needle pointing towards the sky.

Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:34 pm

"Ok, we'll go towards the tower - as direct and straight a line as possible. Keep an eye out still - keep cool everyone, Just remember, as far as we're concerned this is still a training mission - a very realistic one, that's all..."

Sounding as confident as possible, Jacob directed his squad towards the objective...

"Everyone still here? Report in."
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:29 am

"Sir, im here sir. Should I fire if I see someone or something who isnt one of us sir?" Asked Ronald quickly but did his best to keep his dark voice a bit silent.
an Donaldson

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by pants » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:48 am

"I'm still here," replied Nick, "although I think I may need a new change of underwear!"

The grin on Nicks face wasn't quite as convincing as it could have been but when you were a leader you had to set a standard for your troops show them that you could lead whatever fate had in store for you.

This training op was really starting to set Nicks nerves on edge and that wasn't a good thing.

"I'm going to contact Recon and find out if that explosion had anything to do with them."

Switching to Recon's contact frequency on his comm unit, Nick started speaking as he kept up a constant survey of the surrounding area.

"This is Yankee One Zero to November Five Five. We are approxiamately 200 metres from the lookout tower and have just witnessed an explosion. Were you responsible for that, over?"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:55 pm

HeavyGlenn wrote:"Sir, im here sir. Should I fire if I see someone or something who isnt one of us sir?" Asked Ronald quickly but did his best to keep his dark voice a bit silent.
No, I want it to be confirmed that they're opfor first. And be careful - we don't want to hit people who are part of the training mission with live fire. Something smells fishy - but it doesn't mean 3rd regiment are out to get us...consider that court martials probably await us if we get back having gone live on a training mission."

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by exowolf » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:54 pm

His breath calmed after the mortar fire. Its obvious this is not a normal training mission. Once again he overheard the talk of aliens. What were these aliens that he kept hearing about? What made them so nightmarish?
Over the comm it was heard "2 here." Blackhawk slowly put down his IR goggles and began to get adjusted to the new way of looking.

Continuing to move to the destination keeping his eyes peeled and hunting for any sign of the enemy, whoever or whatever it would be.
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by AstroBoy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:22 pm

"This is Yankee One Zero to November Five Five. We are approximately 200 metres from the lookout tower and have just witnessed an explosion. Were you responsible for that, over?"

Code: Select all

Whispered, "Affirmative, Standby" 
William Jones

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by pants » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:23 am

Whispered, "Affirmative, Standby"
Nick could tell whoever had just responded was trying to be quiet so he withheld from answering them, and waited for Recon to give him a fuller picture.

"Honeysett. Recon squad just sent me a message but they are staying quiet which I take as a bad sign. I recommend we take it slow and easy to the target. We don't want any incidents," said Nick to L Cpl Honeysett over first squads frequency.
"No, I want it to be confirmed that they're opfor first. And be careful - we don't want to hit people who are part of the training mission with live fire. Something smells fishy - but it doesn't mean 3rd regiment are out to get us...consider that court martials probably await us if we get back having gone live on a training mission."
"Roger that Honeysett."

Through the surrounding foilage the lookout tower could be made out. Nick kept scanning the greenery around them as first squad made their way towards the target.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:35 pm

pants wrote:
"Roger that Honeysett."

Through the surrounding foilage the lookout tower could be made out. Nick kept scanning the greenery around them as first squad made their way towards the target.
Jacob switched to Nick's frequency, for his ears only

"Nick, don't forget you're sarge here - see anything that can be done better, you can over-rule me..."

Jacob said quietly, he didn't want the rest of the squad to see how unsure he was feeling...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by StConstantine » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:16 am

"Im still here" Con called from the front of the line "and I haven't seen anything that will hurt us yet but I will keep you posted."
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by pants » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:02 am

"Nick, don't forget you're sarge here - see anything that can be done better, you can over-rule me..."
"Now Smiles you know I'd take over in a heartbeat if I thought you weren't cutting the mustard, but your doing a damn fine job! Now stop looking for approval from me. Not only are you a marine but more importantly your a leader now you don't have time for doubts. Trust yourself, you've got the smarts, you've got the training and from watching me you should have all the experience you need because I'm the best damn sergeant in the whole of the marine core bar none!

"My job is to make sure that we are co-ordinated with the rest of the platoon, your job is to make sure first squad keeps on target and so far you've made a stirling effort. Don't lose faith in yourself, you can do this. Ok, enough with the pep talk lets get an eye on the target."

Nick replied through the command frequency of first squad to L Cpl Honeysett.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 6 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:28 pm

pants wrote:Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
"Now Smiles you know I'd take over in a heartbeat if I thought you weren't cutting the mustard, but your doing a damn fine job! Now stop looking for approval from me. Not only are you a marine but more importantly your a leader now you don't have time for doubts. Trust yourself, you've got the smarts, you've got the training and from watching me you should have all the experience you need because I'm the best damn sergeant in the whole of the marine core bar none!

"My job is to make sure that we are co-ordinated with the rest of the platoon, your job is to make sure first squad keeps on target and so far you've made a stirling effort. Don't lose faith in yourself, you can do this. Ok, enough with the pep talk lets get an eye on the target."

Nick replied through the command frequency of first squad to L Cpl Honeysett.
"Cheers Nick" Grinned Jacob - his confidence boosted somewhat. He wished he could return a nice meaningful response to Nick's speech, but he really couldn't think of anything to say in return.

he cupped his hand around a cigarette and lit it - making sure that the glow was hidden from the view of anyone...except maybe if that someone was lying at his feet. He breathed the smoke downwards - so watchful eyes wouldn't see it curling into the air...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”