Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by Nick » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:03 am

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:06:30

The Marines of first squad, slowly moved forward. Sliding through the thick mud and undervegetation. The tower was a mere fifty meters away. Suddenly Sgt Steele saw something move to his left. Less than ten feet away Pvt Bojan laid with his sniper rifle - Extremely well camouflaged and invisible if you didn't look straight at him.

Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:23 pm

Moving up in third place, Jacob couldn't shake that - even if John and Con were better at spotting things, he should be in front...after all....he was in charge.

Still, the tower was close now - really close, and if they could get in and get to the top they might just be able to see what the hell was going on. If it was, somehow, still a training mission, they could just get recon to snipe the populace of the objective so it would be no problem taking it.

If not, well...it made a good vantage point and defensable location.

Promising himself a cigarette when he got to the tower Jacob wormed his way forward, he was filthy, mud clung to the soles of his boots and his fatigues were sodden and damp. But damnit - this was what he was paid to do and sure as hell he was gonna do it well.

"Nick, what's happening when we get to the watchtower? Sit tight and await the LTs sweet voice telling us where to die next?"

(OOC: Safe to assume my character hasn't spotted Bojan)
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:37 pm

Code: Select all

"Sarge, we have taken down the would be assassin. I would suggest we get her immediate medical attention so we don't loose her out right. "
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by pants » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:41 am

"Nick, what's happening when we get to the watchtower? Sit tight and await the LTs sweet voice telling us where to die next?"
"I'll get in touch with the LT and find out what she want's done. By the way I'm not sure if you noticed but Bojan is doing a damn good job of hiding right there," replied Nick indicating Pfc Bojans position with a nod of his head.

"Sarge, we have taken down the would be assassin. I would suggest we get her immediate medical attention so we don't loose her out right. "
"Copy that November Five Five. We are right on top of you and will take charge of the assassin. Are there any other hostiles in the area?"

Nick switched to the command frequency.

"Papa Bravo this is Yankee One Zero. We are currently in contact with November Five Five who have engaged a hostile target. Yankee One Zero will attempt to secure the hostile for further questioning. Do you have any other orders for us?"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:02 pm

pants wrote:Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT

"I'll get in touch with the LT and find out what she want's done. By the way I'm not sure if you noticed but Bojan is doing a damn good job of hiding right there," replied Nick indicating Pfc Bojans position with a nod of his head.

Looking around, Jacob raised his eyebrows in surprise - only his company and situation preventing him from jumping about a foot in the air

Grinning, Jacob looked around - safety in numbers

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:43 pm

Ronald stood still at his position, his eyes scanning the terrain and just waited for trouble.
an Donaldson

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by tashw » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:14 pm

"Papa Bravo this is Yankee One Zero. We are currently in contact with November Five Five who have engaged a hostile target. Yankee One Zero will attempt to secure the hostile for further questioning. Do you have any other orders for us?"

"Secure the watchtower, see if you can get a view of the target base. Look for any sign of activity there or in the area. If you get your prisoner I would love to know who the hell they are, how many friends they have down here and what they're doing."

"We've run into someone here, maybe hostile maybe not. I'll contact you when I have details."
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by StConstantine » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:33 am

"Secure the watchtower, see if you can get a view of the target base. Look for any sign of activity there or in the area. If you get your prisoner I would love to know who the hell they are, how many friends they have down here and what they're doing."
"Ready Guys?" Con said looking over his shoulder at the rest of 1st squad, "lets do this thing!"

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:30 pm

StConstantine wrote:
"Ready Guys?" Con said looking over his shoulder at the rest of 1st squad, "lets do this thing!"
Chuckling slightly Jacob commed back "Con, that's my line you fool" But he made it sound as if he only half meant it..."First squad, I want a wide arrowhead formation as we go in, I'll go center and I want Green on one side, John on the other side, and I want 5 metre spacing. Then we'll go in and as the 'point' of the arrowhead reaches the clearing - I want the rest of the squad to carry on and fold round the clearing so we can be sure there's no enemy. Don't fire unless the target is a confirmed enemy...Ok let's go"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:31 pm

Suddenly the motiontracker went alive. Multiple contacts due North East, signals clean, range 100meters and approaching.

Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:42 pm

Jacob heard the motion tracker come alive.

"John, how many contacts? People, haul ass to that tower - I wanna see what's going on, and I wanna be safe. Let's move move move"

Breaking into a run, Jacob went towards the tower, covering his arcs as he got closer he looked about for recon...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:12 pm

"Listen up Easy Eights command, this Lance Corporal James Screaming Eagle. I am making a small but serious executive decision. I want all able bodied personnel to fall back to the tower. I don't know who or what is coming down, but my would be assassin has declared us all as being dead. We have been setup from the get go. We are probably being used as test subjects for those officials that met us when we got back to the ship from last mission. Sarge, LT sorry for pulling rank, but we have no choice and I feel the tower is the most defensible location. Pull out all survivors from the training team and fall back to the tower. Collect all armament along the way. You can bust my ass after the mission if you so choose. This is Lance Corporal James Screaming Eagle out." 
GM

Image Image Image

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:15 pm

Clicking over to Honeysett's channel on the fly, "Jacob, get your men in and secure the tower. That is an order soldier."
GM

Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:44 pm

Pale Rider wrote:

Clicking over to Honeysett's channel on the fly, "Jacob, get your men in and secure the tower. That is an order soldier."
Comming back, Jacob was laughing with the adrenaline, it was a weirdly sinister laugh verging on bein a cackle...life could deal you the shittest hands.

"I'm on my way Jim - running as you speak - kinda came to that decision as well"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 8 Rifle squad 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:53 am

Ronald hurried up a bit, clearly eager to get inside the building, he looked around quickly, a feeling in his stomach said there were gona be aliens...
an Donaldson

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”