Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

The 2nd Eightballs campaign
Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Apachetear » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:17 am

"Squads, report in! Con, I know you're here - but report in anyway..." Jacob called out, it was pitch black, but he'd slipped on the night vision goggles he'd taken from the woman and the world around him lit up.

"I've got UV goggles, so I advise I take point!"

Looking up and down the tunnel Jacob saw

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:24 pm

Ronald was laying on the ground, groaning with pain and muttered he would shove his smartgun up someones ass.
an Donaldson

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Nick » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:25 pm

In front of the Marines the corridor stretched over fifty meters. It was inclined quite heavily downward. It seemed to have been carved out of the rock. The walls where rough and unpolished, jagged pieces portruded from the walls and roof. Every two meters a light planel was attached to the roof.

The floor had steel plating, the plating was very old and rusty. It looked like no-one had stepped on these plates the last ten years or so.

The air was stale and murky. The smell of decay and wet soil was very strong. Somewhere water dripped from the roof part from that it was utterly silent.

Then suddenly the ground trembled. A distant rumble that rose in intensity. Small pebbles and pieces of rock fell from the roof. It sound like a freight train running over the hatch above. The hatch bucked and heaved, but it held firm. Then with a final enormous bang that rocked the very rock they where standing on it was silent.

Site admin

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Grambo » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:25 pm

Dar picked himself up from the ground after his rapid descent, and checked in.

"Vaughan here. I'm all in one piece."

After a quick inventory, he unslung his pulse rifle, rechecked it to ensure it was fully ready with safety still on, and fell in behind Eagle, awaiting the move order.

"Should we rig the hatch behind us, in case those asshats figure out where we went?"
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by StConstantine » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:20 pm

Slowly standing up Con began checking every part of his body for any injuries. Apart from a few brusies he seemed ok, for now anyway.
"Squads, report in! Con, I know you're here - but report in anyway..." Jacob called out, it was pitch black, but he'd slipped on the night vision goggles he'd taken from the woman and the world around him lit up.

"I'm fine, glad to know your still alive Boss," Con said stumbling around in the dark "and stealing things from people? you? that's supposed to be my job, what am I here for the? Maybe I should start leading the platoon" Con winked before remembering the no one around him could actually see the gesture
"Oh well, where now Boss?"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Apachetear » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:57 pm

StConstantine wrote:Slowly standing up Con began checking every part of his body for any injuries. Apart from a few brusies he seemed ok, for now anyway.

"I'm fine, glad to know your still alive Boss," Con said stumbling around in the dark "and stealing things from people? you? that's supposed to be my job, what am I here for the? Maybe I should start leading the platoon" Con winked before remembering the no one around him could actually see the gesture
"Oh well, where now Boss?"
"Forward is where we're headed Con, I'm taking point with Jim, Green - I want you second, if there is anything nasty I want that smartgun ready to go...got that? Everyone else fall into place along the line, Con 'n' Dar bring up the rear if you will - Bojan I want you up with Green scanning the front, John go to the back and scan back incase anyone follows us...you'll have to backpedal slightly, but Con'll keep you on track, won't you Con? Yonman and Nick keep tracking in the middle, ready to fall backwards or push forwards as needed! Any questions?"

Jacob drew breath and grinned to himself...being in command was so good! suddenly, while falling into position he realised he'd given Nick and recon for that manner direct orders...still - the plan made sense, he hoped nobody would resent him for it...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:11 am

"Does anyone else think that the tower just went down?", Bojan said after checking he was okay.

Bojan I want you up with Green scanning the front
"I don't think that having a sniper rifle up front is such a good idea but if you and Jim concur, I'll do it.", replied Bojan

William Jones

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by StConstantine » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:33 am

John go to the back and scan back incase anyone follows us...you'll have to backpedal slightly, but Con'll keep you on track, won't you Con?
"Ok, back to back, standard military marching timing, if you need me to slow down holler and i'll comply"

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Apachetear » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:26 am

AstroBoy wrote:"Does anyone else think that the tower just went down?", Bojan said after checking he was okay.

Bojan I want you up with Green scanning the front
"I don't think that having a sniper rifle up front is such a good idea but if you and Jim concur, I'll do it.", replied Bojan
"I meant scanning with the motion tracker, if you want you can take the dead woman's gun and a clip for it..." replied Jacob, proffering the items to Bojan.

Christ he wanted a cigarette, but he'd be damned if he was going to illuminate the squad with the end of his fag.

"Oh, and Bojan - I'm pretty sure there's no longer a tower there any more, I hope to hell that it killed all the people following us too, It'd make life a lot easier if you ask me"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by exowolf » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:44 pm

Blackhawk hit the ground hard after his flight down the shaft. He stood up and checked out his surroundings a bit and got his bearings.
John go to the back and scan back incase anyone follows us...you'll have to backpedal slightly, but Con'll keep you on track, won't you Con?
"Rgr taking rear and sweeping"

"Ok, back to back, standard military marching timing, if you need me to slow down holler and i'll comply"
"With it Con"

Like a machine he was in his hunt mode. Sniffing the air looking at the walls and getting his IR flipped on to keep an eye on the back. He was getting ready to be tailed. Keeping that motion tracker close he kept wondering "Why a decayed out tunnel? What was down here? And who the heck was that up there?"
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:51 pm

Jim moved to the front of the line forming a two man point.

"Jacob, take left and I will take right. We will march forward in pairs of two with 10 second intervals to prevent everyone being caught by the same trap. But we don't move until I have rigged a nasty suprise for anyone following. I need three more knives marines. Doesn't have to be the big nasty K-Bars, but knives none the less."

Taking the three other knives given him, James went back to the ladder and carefully wired the blades in such a manner that when ever a hand was closed around the rung of the ladder the person doing the grabbing would be in for a nasty suprise. He wired two knives to each rung and chose the rungs about three quarters of the way down and two lower than the first one he wired.
"Now we can roll out."
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Apachetear » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:58 pm

"Roger that Jim...Alright then, we good to go?"

Jacob waited for a response of people that they knew what they were doing and deftly placed a cigarette in his mouth, not to smoke so much as for reassurance. The moment they were compromised it was getting lit though

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:21 pm

Ronald sighed, activated his flashligt on his shoulder and then started to walk down the tunnel, he wasnt expecting anyone else to be down here, his finger was sweaty but kept over the button to fire his smartgun, he ignored everyone else, thinking them as slow ass punks, he took a slight sniff and looked around as he advanced.
an Donaldson

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:21 pm

"I meant scanning with the motion tracker, if you want you can take the dead woman's gun and a clip for it..." replied Jacob, proffering the items to Bojan.
Bojan took the offered weapons and said, "Yeah, ok, I can do that"

OOC: Does recon have a motion tracker?
William Jones

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 10 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Grambo » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:17 pm

I need three more knives marines. Doesn't have to be the big nasty K-Bars, but knives none the less.
Dar handed his spare knives over to Eagle. "All in a good cause, boss."
Con 'n' Dar bring up the rear if you will
"On it. Con, I'll be our eyes front, you can keep an eye on John."

Dar then dropped back into the rear trio, and started leading the tail group forward, pulse at the ready, safety on.

As Dar moved forward, he absently picked at bits of his Ghillie suit artificial coverage, dropping them as he went. "Don't think we're gonna need these down here..."[/quote]
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”