Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:05 am

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:20

The Marines moved deeper into the cave, recon leading the way. The water was freezing cold and the Marines were cold down to their bones. The caves incline steepened and the speed of the water around their waists increased dramatically. The purling changed into a murmuring sound furhter down the cave.

The walls and roof were covered in moist and it dripped continously from them.

The cave bent slgithy to the right, the water deepened a bit now and the cave widened. Up ahead they could see a pale light coming from the end of the cave.

Site admin

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by exowolf » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:36 pm

After falling back in line Blackhawk continued to look around and keeping that motion tracker out of the water. "What was it with this place?" Whirring sounds down the tunnel and all this stuff. Curiousity continued to go in his head and he kept on moving forward.
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by Apachetear » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:35 pm

Jacob looked at where the path headed and his stomach did a small somersault..."I guess we're headin' towards that then yeah?"

Looking meaningfully at the passageway he flashed back to the claustrophobic corridors on that spaceship...

"If the walls start developing a black coating, for the love of god mention it..." He looked meaningfully at all of his squad members, and then at recon too...

he moved to light a cigarette - but seeing the look Green had about him he took a drag and then exhaled, dropping the fag into the water...

"Look, Green, sorry about earlier - do you think we could go into this like we went into that houseful of cultists what seems like a lifetime ago? Friends and ready to face anything...you're a good guy - and one who I'd give anything to have covering my back...."

He whispered this into his com on Green's frequency...this wasn't a matter for the whole squad - it was for Ron's ears only...

turning to move forward he stopped suddenly remembering something

"Sound off squad 1...everybody here?"

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:49 pm

"Okay recon, lets ease out. I want all members down in the water to present as small target as possible. Dar, please scout ahead and give me a reading. I want to know what the source of the light is. Bojan see if you can make radio contact with the LT or the ship. The rest of you spread out, we will be advancing at one meter per minute."

He inched forward, making certain to maintain the squad speed he had set out. keying the frequency change he called back to the Sarge and Jacob,"First squad, we have encountered a slightly increase in the descent of the cave. The area seems to be broadening up as well as deepening. Bring your squad forward, we are advancing at a meter per minute rate so you should be able to catch up with us soon enough."

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by Apachetear » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:14 pm

[quote=""Pale Rider""]
He inched forward, making certain to maintain the squad speed he had set out. keying the frequency change he called back to the Sarge and Jacob,"First squad, we have encountered a slightly increase in the descent of the cave. The area seems to be broadening up as well as deepening. Bring your squad forward, we are advancing at a meter per minute rate so you should be able to catch up with us soon enough."

[/quote]

Calling back "Metre a minute...? That much caution required Jim?" Jacob looked surprised - he thought that speed was of the essence here, to get out...probably better to be cautious though

Looking around, Jacob Relayed information to first "Alright first, you heard - lets catch up and keep pace...eyes peeled - be unreasonably catious..."

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:48 pm

Calling back "Metre a minute...? That much caution required Jim?" Jacob
"Yeah, I know its a little slow, but I don't want any of our men to blunder into any traps whether they be natural or man made."

(OOC: Will edit later for more content)
GM

Image Image Image

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by exowolf » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:34 pm

"Blackhawk Check" was commed over the coms.

He kept eyeing the scanner and looking at the walls. He thought knew that whirring sound but couldn't place the machinary.
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by AstroBoy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:52 pm

Bojan see if you can make radio contact with the LT or the ship.
"Yes, sir" replied Bojan. While trying to keep pace he was completely focused on this task often slowing down then jogging with difficulty through the water to catch up every so often.
William Jones

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:55 pm

Ronald walked on but stopped briefly listening to Jacobs speech.
"Look, Green, sorry about earlier - do you think we could go into this like we went into that houseful of cultists what seems like a lifetime ago? Friends and ready to face anything...you're a good guy - and one who I'd give anything to have covering my back...."
He shrugged and turned around, giving him a wink and a smile, mouthing "lets kill some" then he turned around again and went on, having mood swings that made a teenager look a normal adult. He whistled again and seemed to almost forget that they were in the middle of a mission.
an Donaldson

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by pants » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:16 am

The water was freezing against his skin, as Nick followed Recon and first squad towards the light up ahead.
"First squad, we have encountered a slightly increase in the descent of the cave. The area seems to be broadening up as well as deepening. Bring your squad forward, we are advancing at a meter per minute rate so you should be able to catch up with us soon enough."

"Metre a minute...? That much caution required Jim?" replied Jacob

"Yeah, I know its a little slow, but I don't want any of our men to blunder into any traps whether they be natural or man made."
Noticing the widening of the tunnel and the slight curve to the right made Nick forgot about the discomfort of the freezing water and focus on what needed to be done.

"I agree with Eagle, Honeysett. We've got no idea what's up ahead and I don't want to be caught out by some hidden sinkhole or anything else that might be waiting for us," said Steel over his comm.

"Eagle can you make out the light we're approaching?"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by Apachetear » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:20 pm

[quote=""pants""]

"I agree with Eagle, Honeysett. We've got no idea what's up ahead and I don't want to be caught out by some hidden sinkhole or anything else that might be waiting for us," said Steel over his comm.

[/quote]

"Fucking hell Nick...I hadn't even thought of sinkholes...!" Jacob said, the panic rising in his voice a little...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by StConstantine » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:01 pm

Con moved forward, humming a nameless tune that always seemed to remind him of warmer places. Placing one foot in front of the other Con moved like a robot, with a slow steady pace making only the slightest ripples around him.

Stepping forward Con stubbled on a nameless object on the slime covered floor creating a splash that soaked his face. Biting back a curse Con looked around, trying to see if anything that he didn't want had heard his clumsiness. The fall had been very unlike him and he knew it was the fear kicking in. He could have really used a drink but he was too scared to remove on of his hands from his rifle to remove his flask from on of his pockets.

Just then an idea hit him, as quickly as he could he let go of the front of his rifle, cupped his hand in the water and splashed the freezing water on his face. Instantly he was alert and looking around for any danger. "Perfect" he murmered "lets do this thing"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:03 am

"So far no indicator on what or who is producing the light. I am going to slip forward and see if I can't give Dar an assist on checking the rest of the info out. Sarge, I am leaving Recon under your control for the duration of the mission."
GM

Image Image Image

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:07 am

Green continued, he didnt understand why the others were afraid or was it because he was to mad to understand? Slowly he walked thought, humming silently so it wouldnt disturb anyone else, his eyes wide open as they scanned the caverns and their cold waters.
an Donaldson

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 13 Rifle/Recon

Post by pants » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:19 am

"Fucking hell Nick...I hadn't even thought of sinkholes...!" Jacob said, the panic rising in his voice a little...
"I'm no cave diver, but from the little I know it's one of the dangers. But we're here to do a job and taking acceptable risks is part and parcel of that. At least there's nobody shooting at us!" replied Nick as the light from his shoulder lamp played over the water.

"So far no indicator on what or who is producing the light. I am going to slip forward and see if I can't give Dar an assist on checking the rest of the info out. Sarge, I am leaving Recon under your control for the duration of the mission."
"Ok Eagle, but don't take no risks. At the first sign of trouble let me know and we'll be there in a sec," he said watching L Cpl Eagle glide forward through the water to support Pvt Vaughan in finding a path out of the tunnel.

"Listen up Bojan, Yonman. You heard what Eagle said, until he gets back you report to me so I want you to be on guard for anything out of the ordinary. Do you copy that marines?"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”