Turn 1 - Briefing

The joint campaign of the 8th and 9th platoons
Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Dugan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:24 am

Simovic entered the room, scanned around and spotted Rednus his old squad leader, he'd now been re-assigned under Bogan after there last brief mission. Which had seem him lose his squad mate Skellon, the hardware those pirates were packing was pretty formidable and one sniper round had passed through his armoured breastplate, through his heart and continued out the other side, he was dead before he even hit the ground. There was nothing Simovic could do apart from help load up his corpse along with Brens and read them the last rites.

Then his Platoon was called away from there mission after the Lt. was relieved of her command, things were going all a bit fast for Simovic's liking.

Simovic made his way towards Bogan and took a seat. "I've been re-assigned to your squad now sir, any idea what happened to McKenzie, I don't see his name on the Easy Eights Roster?".
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by AstroBoy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:55 am

Bojan had been sitting in the tent for a while. He had decided that as he had nothing else to do before this briefing he could have some peace and quiet waiting. He had come in and continued the novel he was currently reading. Currently he was bent over with elbows on his knees holding the book with both hands.

A number of people had entered the tent since, including some familiar faces, but before he got up Private Simovic had grabbed his attention
"I've been re-assigned to your squad now sir, any idea what happened to McKenzie, I don't see his name on the Easy Eights Roster?"
Bojan replied, "I truly don't know. Maybe he didn't react too well to us killing that dog. At least we don't have to tiptoe around them anymore.". Bojan was reminiscing of his encounter with the sentry's dog in their last mission. He didn't blame McKenzie, just the bad luck of the circumstances.

Bojan stood up and headed over to Con, a friend from their brief time together in the same platoon and said with a grin, "You still trying to freeload your way through life?" Con had a reputation for obtaining things without earning them.

Bojan continued, "Also, guess what, the curse of the eights has struck again. See that lady over there? She's the 8th's new medic. I seee you've gotten yourself command of a squad. What's been going on here."

OOC: Dugan, its Bojan not Bogan. A Bogan is Australian slang for a person who is, or is perceived to be, unsophisticated or of a lower class background. Check it on Wiki for more
William Jones

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by tarpshack » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:58 am

Joe entered into the doorway and gave a quick scan of the room. A smile crept across his face. He had barely gotten his feet wet serving in the Marines, but even so he could see faces and uniforms even fresher than his. Joe was in a cheerful mood for reasons he couldn't figure. As he passed by Green eyeing some new guys, Joe gave a light slap on the back, "Come on Green. You aren't still grumpy are you?"

With that Joe approached Private Roberts and Hawkins, "Hi, I'm Joseph Harmon from 9th Platoon," as he extended his hand to each of them in turn.

Joe took a seat and scanned the room again, slower this time, and recognized quite a few faces. There were also several he had not yet met. Joe slouched a little and propped his feet against the bottom of the chair directly in front of him as he waited for the show to start.

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by StConstantine » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:38 pm

"Arghhh when is this going to start, I'm so bored" Con said sitting back down on a chair.

Reaching down in one fluid motion Con witdrew his combat knife from his hidden boot sheath and began throwing it into the the air, catching it by the handle each time, sometimes in reverse grip sometimes normally but each time he caught it perfectly. Glancing around Con noticed alot of new faces. Remebering when he too was the new guy Con felt almost pity for the people who had joined unknowing of the dangers that the marines held for them.

As his mind wandered Con forgot that he was throwing a knife around. The brief second of no concentration caused him to fumble the next throw, with all the speed his body allowed Con caught the blade between two fingers cutting himself slightly but saving his foot from being impaled by the razor sharp knife. Almost oblivious to the danger that that stupid move could have put him in, Con lost himself again, playing with the drip of bright red blood that ran down his finger, letting its slide up to his finger nail and then back down over and over again.

Almost as an after thought Con reached over to Honeysett infront of him and drew a small face on the small of Jacobs back and added a small ciggarett to the faces mouth.

"Sorry, could restrain myself" Con said smiling "It just means now you got another to add to your 'collection'"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by bull30548 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:48 pm

"Praying my requisition to get you two degenerates to Garbage scow guard duty had come through Khan." Watching as some of the new recruits got to know one another. Noting also the lack of some of the 8th's members shaking his head. Bren had been an ok guy so had Mckenzie maybe too much of an animal lover. He had skimmed the non classified version of the report on what the Eights had encountered. Some nasty crap apparently almost as nasty as theirs. He had already signed 3 nondisclosure agreements and top secret documents regarding his encounter out by that cave. Hell he had hardly gotten out of the APC to see what they were being attacked by.

Strolling over to the small gathering of officers he nods to Con. "So anybody mind telling me why we here today? Please tell me we having an inner platoon softball game or something?" Sighing knowing that wasn't the truth he now has a much better understanding of why the old timers were so jittery about what they had encountered. He might not of gotten a good look but he knew one thing. Whatever those damn things were they were fast.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by HeavyGlenn » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:00 pm

Joe entered into the doorway and gave a quick scan of the room. A smile crept across his face. He had barely gotten his feet wet serving in the Marines, but even so he could see faces and uniforms even fresher than his. Joe was in a cheerful mood for reasons he couldn't figure. As he passed by Green eyeing some new guys, Joe gave a light slap on the back, "Come on Green. You aren't still grumpy are you?"
Hey come back and do that again and show you who'se grumpy yelled Ronald and grinned softly. He stretched his long strong and all but beautiful body, yawning loudly, he looked over at Bojan and the rest of the guys he had spent time with... killing things. He wondered for a moment if really should go and talk to them but decided to just sit and smile, waiting for guys with much nicer titles to come and talk.
an Donaldson

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Atypicalkiller » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:31 pm

"Praying my requisition to get you two degenerates to Garbage scow guard duty had come through Khan."
Khan Smiled Somethings never change.. On the other hand other things did, Khan realized after the last mission, he was a diffrent man. The bugs he had killed made him a harden solider and he definately had come out of his shell. He drank and screwed as much as he could to forget ,but the nightmares never stopped. His hallucinations for the most part had recessed but the lack of closure to any of this left him with a bitter dry taste in his mouth. Tarik continuedly asked himself a series of Why's Why hadn't the Marines given them more manpower for such a dangerous mission...Why was this all classified..Why the hallucinations now after all these years......Screw it Tk thought to himself.. I'm alive their dead...so screw it.. his arrogance had gotten the best of him once again..

Tk glanced over at Ronald Green the suicidal muscle monster Tarik had a run in with in last mission, Khan envied his sheer power and strived to be as strong if not stronger one day. Both men were relatively large in comparison to most of the squad. All in all Khan was glad to have him in his platoon hopefully with Green killing some of these bugs his fear of them would deminish. Khan lacked the fear of them but then again he didn't see anyone brutally murdered by them.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Altair » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:44 pm

Altair somehow felt out of place with his dirty and mud smeared full body armor on, but there was nothing he could do, he was on guard duty when the message came for two platoons to assemble. Having just enough time to stow away his motion tracker and pulse rifle, Altair arrived at the tent. Taking the first available sit the boy took off his helmet, while scanning the room for someone familiar. A few minutes later a voice he knew too well sounded over his shoulder, turning too quickly Altair forgot about his helmet just as the later fell clattering on the floor.

[quote]“Hot damn how you been kid?â€
Pvt. Altair Konterran

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Atypicalkiller » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:33 pm

[quote]“I think my father has eradicated my name completely both from his will and our family tree after what I have done, so Marine Corps is the only family I have.â€
Last edited by Atypicalkiller on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

wrathboyne
Private

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by wrathboyne » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:51 pm

The past few days Wrathboyne had been replaying in his mind his encoutner at the destroyed farm trying to make sence of the destruction. When Wrathboyne heard about the two missing miltia from the farm showing up with one of the family members, he was eager to speak with them but his duties where keeping him hoping. With all the activity at the fire base it was obvious that something was in the works.

(the briefing)

Wrathboyne takes a seat near his fellow squad members as he scans the room taking in all the new faces.

Wrath says aloud, "I reckon this means we are going to go back down that tunnel in force or track what attacked the farm - which is probably one in the same."
vt. James Wrathboyne
First Squad, "Hell Hounds", Medic
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 9th Platoon

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:42 pm

Priest and Abbott both walked into the tent set up for the Briefing, each had been assigned specific duties for the up coming meeting. They noted that everyone had arrived. Lt. Morrison was seated up front on the small stage that had been erected to allow all of those present to see who was speaking, beside him was a new face for most, but not a stranger to the Marines. General Horatio Jennings was a member of the Intelligence branch, he had been sent to explain the situation in detail and to make certain the Marines realized that they had a job to do and a portion of that job was for them to realize they were expendable. Also seated with the two ranking officers were four individuals in nice neat dress uniforms. Master Sergeant Hans Lincoln, Corporals Quince Meadows and Georgia Patterson, and Lance Corporal Gelette Weaver members of the Marine Corp Combat Engineers.

General Jennings looked down at his watch, standing he straightened his dress uniform and stepped to the podium. Clearing his throat he began to speak, his words resonanting in a deep register, "Gentleman and Lady, I want to thank you for taking your time out of your busy schedules to join us today. As you are all aware by now, we have made a discovery here of the highest secrecy. You have all by now signed your disclosures concerning the creatures known as the Xenomorphs. Anyone who fails to adhere by the strict and utmost secrecy of this encounter and the encounters that will most likely take place in the days that follows will find themselves at the opposite ends of the United Americas Allied Command." He stopped and looked at the marines gathered before him, his look colder than a glacier. "Is there anyone here who feels they cannot abide by this policy?" At this he glances over at the exit of the tent where two extremely large and well armed marines in black uniforms are taking their places.

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:56 pm

With that Joe approached Private Roberts and Hawkins, "Hi, I'm Joseph Harmon from 9th Platoon," as he extended his hand to each of them in turn.
Eric stood up suddenly and shook the man’s hand, and giving a quick salute. “Pleasure to meet you Sir. Eric Roberts.â€
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Penny
Private

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Penny » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:31 pm

[quote]“I’m actually Lutheran. I’m not much for that whole intolerance idea either, so don’t worry about it. I think it’s through acts you go to Heaven. Not to preach though,â€
vt. Angela "Angie" Hawkins
1st Squad - Medic
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:12 am

At this he glances over at the exit of the tent where two extremely large and well armed marines in black uniforms are taking their places.
"One question sir, who are they?", Bojan didn't like unknown men in black. Anything unknown was hard to plan for.

OOC: Do they look similar to the ones in the training mission
William Jones

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 1 - Briefing

Post by Dugan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:41 am

Simovic sat and took in all the General was telling them, he personally hadn't encountered anything of these creatures, and none of the veterans of his platoon were speaking about their experiences.

Hopefully though with the firepower of the 8th and 9th combined it would minimize casulties, he didn't like the fact only two of his old squad had returned, one KIA and the other probably in some USMC lunatic asylum.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Draconis Major Campaign”