Turn 2 - Morning of the Incursion

The joint campaign of the 8th and 9th platoons
Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu May 03, 2007 10:58 pm

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]

Then he opened the Bible and underlined one verse. ‘Though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will not be afraid, because I know that You are with me.’ Then he pulled a Golden Cross necklace from under his chestplate, and kissed it. He tucked away the Cross and put the Bible in his pocket, shut his eyes, and whispered, “I know you’ll be with me too.â€
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu May 03, 2007 11:20 pm

"I'm agnostic, not that you care. But is there anything you want doing last rites wise if you die?" Jacob was drawn to this man, the straight edge guy was almost his opposite, and for it he found the man more and more fascinating...
Eric looked at Sergeant Honeysett, and replied, “Uh… not really. Leave me in there if you have to. I don’t really care what happens to my body. But maybe uh… a personal favor, get this to my family if I die.â€
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu May 03, 2007 11:37 pm

"I'm agnostic, not that you care. But is there anything you want doing last rites wise if you die?" Jacob was drawn to this man, the straight edge guy was almost his opposite, and for it he found the man more and more fascinating...
[/quote]

Eric looked at Sergeant Honeysett, and replied, “Uh… not really. Leave me in there if you have to. I don’t really care what happens to my body. But maybe uh… a personal favor, get this to my family if I die.â€

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu May 03, 2007 11:54 pm

"Keep a-hold of that bible, I'll get it off you if you die...along with your ammo too most likely...I tell you what, we live through this mission you can tell me allll about this, but right now, key is to unburden your mind with those thoughts." He said, carefully.
“Yes Sir,â€

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Fri May 04, 2007 8:11 am

Bojan continued standing behind where the other NCOs were eating. As they seemed to have finished talking about tactics, he moved his rifle to behind him, pulled his book out and started reading again. There was no point getting to tense yet.
William Jones

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Fri May 04, 2007 9:56 am

"Keep a-hold of that bible, I'll get it off you if you die...along with your ammo too most likely...I tell you what, we live through this mission you can tell me allll about this, but right now, key is to unburden your mind with those thoughts." He said, carefully.
[/quote]

“Yes Sir,â€

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Fri May 04, 2007 11:31 am

"Alright you lot, finish chewing your mouthful, smoking your cigarette or reading your paragraph, I want everyone kitted out, geared up and ready for the LT's return, he looked pissed - so I reccomend keeping shtum unless you've got anything really really helpful to say..." He called across the table
Joe looked up at the sound of the Honeysett's orders. At the conclusion he quickly shoveled the last few bites off his plate and stood up still chewing the mouthful of food. He did a quick spot check of his equipment and made for the exit. Joe swallowed his food as he exited the tent. He looked around at the other marines talking, smoking, and reading. Everyone appeared surprisingly calm for the mission they had just been given.

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Fri May 04, 2007 12:15 pm

Khan re-applied his face camo and wrapped a bandana in a head covering style. He spat on the deck and attached his weapon to it's harness, he was ready to roll. Grenades, bowie knife, and enough ammunition to eliminate a few platoons. Khan was still hopeful the Con might have been able to find something of use, but he wouldn't count on it. Tarik had made plans that if he did get him something ,and they both survived Khan would repay the favor most likely with cold hard credits.

He watched on has the religious soldier made his peace with God, and as the rebelious 19 yr old Sarge kissed a hope of a God, the Big Red monster throwing up like a little girl that he so despised, the leaders hoping that their over abundance of confidence would provide a front for their own fears. and the others nervous...shakey..unsure of themselfs..Khan wasn't like any of these...or so he thought...He wasn't nervous.. he had no intentions of dying..he looked at his friends as he lit one more cigarette before the Lt returned...he'd do his best to keep them alive as he promised....other than that promise..the only thing Tarik aspired too was to become the biggest and baddest Marine ever....and no fucking bug would take that away from him.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri May 04, 2007 12:22 pm

"Yeah...Marine's don't cry...except if they lose limbs...or if nobodies watching..." Jacob laughed, and drew on his cigarette, before stubbing it out.
Eric laughed with him, then looked at the other marines as the Sarge spoke to the table.
"Alright you lot, finish chewing your mouthful, smoking your cigarette or reading your paragraph, I want everyone kitted out, geared up and ready for the LT's return, he looked pissed - so I reccomend keeping shtum unless you've got anything really really helpful to say..." He called across the table
Eric saluted him as he exited the tent. He grabbed his M56 Smartgun, and put on his green baseball cap, as he left the tent as well. He finished pushing down all the thoughts rushing through his brain, and thought about the situation at hand. He put a battery pack into his smartgun, and pulled out the two small cloth casings that each held five M-94 marking flares. He took the flares out, and put them in his pocket for easier access. Then he took out his three M-40 grenades, and removed the protective coverings designed to prevent any chance of them exploding in his armor. They might need to be used soon. He loaded a clip into his smartgun, and turned on the safety. He shut his eyes and breathed deep, focussing on his job. Then he opened them and stuck close to Sergeant Honeysett.
Last edited by Corporal Hicks on Fri May 04, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by bull30548 » Fri May 04, 2007 4:27 pm

Getting up and busing his tray Jones goes back to the table and picks up his gear. Most of it was laying next to him or behind him. Picking up the chestplate and slipping it over his shoulders he secures it with practiced rhythm. Picking up his helmet he puts it on and then his gear bag whichhe never left on a mission without. Picking up his rifle he pulls the clip and makes sure there is ammo in there then slapps it back in. Checking to make sure the safety is on he shoulders it. Pulling his side arm from his holster he checks it as well but chambers a round before clicking the safety on and holstering it. With that he just exits the tent for the gathering point. He doesn't say anything to his squad. Those guys know what they are doing by now he doesn't have to yell at them anymore. Relaxing next to the Honeysett he checks his loads as far as grenades. Unlike the rest of his squad he prefers the shotgun shells to the grenades. Though he does have 6 obvious grenades on him not including those he loaded into the pulse rifle. He has a dozen of those shotgun shells on his harness and another dozen in his gear bag. Old habits considering he used to carry a shotgun.

"So now that we got the bullshit strategy session out of the way what do you think the Brass has come up with?" Pulling out his lighter and cigar he light it up. He doesn't say what they know to be true Brass runs the numbers and comes up with the plans but that all they are to the Brass numbers. They do the lying the marines do the dying and usually more lying on how they died. Thinking back over his career he wonders what medals he been upped for. He knows at least a purple heart maybe a reccomendation for valor for dragging out Mckenzie. He wonders if he will live long enough to see any of them.

ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri May 04, 2007 6:04 pm

Simovic finished off his drink and grabbed his Incinerator Unit from the makeshift weapons rack in the tent. He picked up his helmet (he'd already personalised it by daubing a black cross on the front of it) and made his way outside the tent. He'd decided to take 4 M40 HE and 4 M60 Incendiary Grenades. He'd noticed that one of the marines in the other platoon appeared religious and consoled himself with a grin that he wasn't the only bible basher in the corps.

"Bojan I can stick with an Incinerator Unit on this op or if you want take out a Pulse Rifle, I ain't to fussed which?"

It was a lie Simovic had been pretty freaked out at what the weapon did to a few of the pirates, and he realised now why the Marines had termed its victims "crispy critters". With a Pulse Rifle it wasn't so up close and personnel when you made a kill and it didn't put you off KFC.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Altair » Sat May 05, 2007 7:16 am

[quote]Eric quickly regained his composure, standing up to shake the man’s hand. “The pleasure’s mine Sir. It’s Eric Roberts. Easy Eights Smartgunner.â€
Pvt. Altair Konterran

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Sat May 05, 2007 7:25 am

Bojan, had walked out of the tent while finishing his paragraph and when outside put his book into his pocket.
"Bojan I can stick with an Incinerator Unit on this op or if you want take out a Pulse Rifle, I ain't to fussed which?"
Bojan replied, "The incinerator is yours. Its worth, taking one form what I've heard. We can always use its fuel as incendiary grenades of need be." He checked all his gear once again, and when satisfied, called his squad together so he knew where they were. "Are you guys all ready?"

OOC: What's going on with Screaming Eagle?
William Jones

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Huey » Sat May 05, 2007 9:29 am

Finishing his meal, Huey went over and checked all of his gear. He double and triple checked the radios and Comtech equipment before he moved on to his weapons, he packed two extra mags of Pulse rifle ammo and pistol mags, and got ahold of a bandolier of grenades, he took HE's, Bucks and Incendiary grenades on his bandolier and grenade harnesses. 4 HE's, 4 Incendiary and 20 bucks for his grenade arsenal, cleaning and maintaining his small arms he put on a fresh coat of war paint and donned his armor and helmet.

The new guy Roberts was shaping up but apparently he was confused as to what platoon he was in.

"Hui!" Williams called over to Eric. "Roberts your in 8th Platoon, with us!" He told him. He understood why he wanted to stay with the Sergeant but his platoon needed the Machinegun.

"Are you guys all ready?"

"Ready Bojan" He said, he pulled out his own cross and gave it a kiss before crossing himself, and he had an idea. "Hey Bojan you think it'd be alright if we all got together and said a prayer together?" He asked.
pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sat May 05, 2007 12:22 pm

Locking the bathroom door he sat down on the floor, leaning his head against the wall, panting nervously and hugged himself, he knew he hear tinkering through the pipes, they were around here he knew it, he softly reached for his gun, looking around on the walls, waiting for them, he didnt move at all, he just guarded for his life.
an Donaldson

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Draconis Major Campaign”