Turn 3 - The depth of darkness

The joint campaign of the 8th and 9th platoons
- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Sat May 12, 2007 5:18 pm

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]Eric looked at the man, annoyed. “Hey, can it pal! We’re a team, and we’re marines, not a militia. Just do your job.â€
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sat May 12, 2007 8:50 pm

[quote=""Altair""] not sure what to do the Altair fell in after Tarik, his new squad leader and close friend.

Altair instead monitored the motion tracker given to him on previous mission, periodically reporting his findings to Khan.

[/quote]

Simovic noticed that one of 9th Platoon had joined up with his squad. "Er dude your with the wrong squad, Khan's been transfered to the 8th now". He pointed at Williams stood slightly in front also holding a Motion Tacker.

O.O.C. heres an updated version of the roster:

http://uscm.03b2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5780#5780
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Sat May 12, 2007 10:46 pm

[quote=""SentinelBlade77""]"Man, this is frikkin' nuts. Even back home they'd tell me what tricks the enemy had up their sleeve. What do you know about these things we're after?"
[/quote]

Hearing this as he walked Jacob shrugged and turned away, he'd find out soon enough. Shivering he coughed and hugged himself, suddenly feeling cold. A switch had just flicked in his mind. Odds are he was going to be sent to specifically die from now on if they kept living. He briefly thought of Green and how he'd probably gone the smart way...still, he thought of all he'd gained from the USCM, his being a sarge for one...and though parts of his mind screamed in protest he made a decision and a sort of bet with himself that he'd die on the 6th time he faced these bugs...and this was strike 2, if he died on that mission he'd lose - if he lived he'd lose slightly less.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Sat May 12, 2007 10:53 pm

[quote=""Apachetear""]Shivering he coughed and hugged himself, suddenly feeling cold.[/quote]
Seeing this, and the look on Jacob's face, Erik subtly made the questioning 'ok?' sign to the man.

OOC ((Willing to edit post if Jacob is making a concious effort to keep anything from showing in his face))

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun May 13, 2007 12:13 am

Silently appreciative of the reinforcement, but also wary of the conflict, tiny as it may be, Jonsson spoke in an audible whispered to Eric. "Man, this is frikkin' nuts. Even back home they'd tell me what tricks the enemy had up their sleeve. What do you know about these things we're after?" He made sure his voice was clearly directed towards the smartgunner, but not so quiet as to exclude anyone else willing to help him. Erik did agree that his situation was ridiculous, his only objection (silent as it may be) was to Huey's apparent belief that he was at fault.
Eric leaned toward him and said somewhat quietly, “I know they’ve got really acidic blood, and they’re fast and black, but I’ve never seen one, just picked up some stuff. Might wanna ask a veteran or officer.â€
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Sun May 13, 2007 5:45 am

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]Eric leaned toward him and said somewhat quietly, “I know they’ve got really acidic blood, and they’re fast and black, but I’ve never seen one, just picked up some stuff. Might wanna ask a veteran or officer.â€

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Sun May 13, 2007 7:27 pm

With his feet resting on the panel of to his side, and with a fresh mug of coffee in his hands, Morrison sighed contently. Everything going like it's on rails, his NCO's where top-notch.
But since a good boss pokes his nose into the business of his underlings, he flicked a switch on the control board infront of him, and his voice crackled into the headsets of every man and woman in the platoons:

"Come on people, watch your spacing." because it seemed pretty clear to him that the Marines would bunch up at times.

Morrison then sipped some more coffee, spat some dip into a papercup on the floor, and flicked the switch that'd give him the command-channel, linking him in with all the NCO's of the two platoons.

"Ok guys, good job sofar- keep those eyes open- I'm setting up the Easy Eight's APC to work as a first-aid station, and the Delta Dog's to act as a firebase, should shit hit the fan, understood?"

He then turned around in his seat, making sure that the synthetic had heard him, and was on his way to prep a medstation. He then moved to the driver's seat of the APC, to make sure that the weapons could be brought to bear on any threat coming up from the tunnels.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Sun May 13, 2007 9:46 pm

[quote=""Jocke""]

"Ok guys, good job sofar- keep those eyes open- I'm setting up the Easy Eight's APC to work as a first-aid station, and the Delta Dog's to act as a firebase, should shit hit the fan, understood?"
[/quote]

Comming back in Jacob couldn't hide his happiness at the acknowledgment of that he was doing a good job. "Sounds good Morrisson, how does it feel not being in danger of dying?" Chuckling he imaginged the LT sat in front of an array of screens in a dressing gown and slippers smoking a pipe and occasionally exclaiming "Jolly good show, Pip Pip". He knew the reality was different, but it was a funny idea none the less...

He saw the question of the new marine and nodded his head briefly, he was OK at the moment. Just waiting for everything to kick off now...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Huey » Sun May 13, 2007 11:38 pm

Huey stared at Roberts, pissed off "Shut the fuck up already, Roberts" He wanted to drop everything and punch him in the face, how many people had to tell him to shut the hell up before he listened. Neither one of the Eric's listened.

Moving up a few more feet he looked back and saw Altair close behind. His parnter Simovic tried directing him to his platoon. "Hey Altair, you go with 9th Platoon's lead squad, on the next jump, I've got point." He said, accessing the radio he contacted Angie. "Angie, cover our six with the motion tracker." Huey knew just about every trick there was with a motion tracker, and knew that is was better to spread them out a bit, because too many MTs on at once, lead to a shitstorm of interference. "Have one of the twin Erics cover you" He said, it'd give Roberts something to do besides annoy the shit of Williams.

Huey was glad to be a in the lead squad, if something moved chances are he'd find it. Panning his tracker over the area he hadn't found anything yet. They were near the mouth of the tunnel. Looking for Sergeant Honeysett he reached him via comm "Honeysett, when we reach the mouth of the tunnel can we set up that sentry gun?" He asked him

pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon May 14, 2007 12:30 am

Huey stared at Roberts, pissed off "Shut the fuck up already, Roberts" He wanted to drop everything and punch him in the face, how many people had to tell him to shut the hell up before he listened. Neither one of the Eric's listened.
Eric laughed a little. He thought to himself; “Huey better be glad I’m smart enough to know that if I turn my gun 6 inches and pull the trigger, I’ll regret it in five minutes.â€
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Mon May 14, 2007 2:20 am

[quote=""Huey""]Huey stared at Roberts, pissed off "Shut the fuck up already, Roberts" He wanted to drop everything and punch him in the face, how many people had to tell him to shut the hell up before he listened. Neither one of the Eric's listened. [/quote][quote=""Huey""]"Have one of the twin Erics cover you"[/quote]
Jonsson snorted, noting how Huey was blindly associating him with his squadmate of the same name, regardless of his own actions. After an silent, emotionless glace towards Huey, Erik bit a piece of scar tissue off the inside of his cheek and spat it on the floor. The curious cuts on either cheek clearly went all the way through.

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]He held in his urge to blast away the half-wit, and turned instead to Erik Jonsson, and gave a look that implied laughter, and joined his squad.[/quote]
He looked at Eric. The man was completely opposite him in appearance and action, but he leaned close and whispered "I guess not being an ass makes us two of a kind in his eyes." Then even quieter, "Maybe he should open them more often."

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Mon May 14, 2007 5:03 pm

Without even looking around, Jacob heard the squabbling marines.

"If you lot don't shut the fuck up and concentrate on the mission, there are gonna be problems, for you when we get out of that tunnel, and for you when we're in there. Stop concentrating and you WILL die, I was under the impression I was in charge of marines, not cannon fodder! And as long as you squabble and bicker I'll treat you like cannon fodder - and believe me I'll court martial you if you disobey any orders to spearhead an assault on impossible odds, or whatever suicide mission takes my fancy. So you can either co-operate or get caught between a rock and a hard place!" Jacob snarled through the comlink, he didn't shout - he spoke evenly and with as much menace in his voice as possible. He kept the channels open for every marine to hear, hoping to humiliate the aggressors to boot.

Realising amidst the arguments he'd been asked a question he thought about it...

"Huey, I don't think we need a sentry gun, if it needs to fire - it means we're leaving fast and I don't want it to accidentally hit a marine who runs into the path of it's bullets. So you can all hump it around and silently curse whoever decided to bring it along." Snapped Jacob, the arguing had tipped the scale on his already thinly stretched nerves. He was going to run a tight ship here, and anybody who caused problems could go overboard.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Mon May 14, 2007 9:34 pm

[quote=""Apachetear""]"If you lot don't shut the fuck up and concentrate on the mission, there are gonna be problems, for you when we get out of that tunnel, and for you when we're in there. Stop concentrating and you WILL die, I was under the impression I was in charge of marines, not cannon fodder! And as long as you squabble and bicker I'll treat you like cannon fodder - and believe me I'll court martial you if you disobey any orders to spearhead an assault on impossible odds, or whatever suicide mission takes my fancy. So you can either co-operate or get caught between a rock and a hard place!" Jacob snarled through the comlink, he didn't shout - he spoke evenly and with as much menace in his voice as possible. He kept the channels open for every marine to hear, hoping to humiliate the aggressors to boot.[/quote]

Jonsson grinned. This was the kind of thing he liked to hear from a leader. Already sick of Huey's crap and Eric's misguided (though admirable) defense, he thought it refreshing to see someone taking charge. He renewed his resolve to not participate in the growing fight, whether or not it continued. Even whispering might not be a good idea. The good it was doing for Roberts' nerves might not outweigh the distraction, since they were both part of the same squad. He shrugged, and tightened his grip on his rifle.

OOC The few non-tactical related comments Erik Jonsson has made have been in a specifically directed whisper, or in his head, and he hasn't said anything inflamatory other than his initial inquiry and joke that upset Huey. (He's not really even responding to the people arguing point in his favor.) He hasn't even given an outward body language reaction to most of it. (Go ahead with a psyche roll if you care to confirm that completely (He's got 17 psyche), but I doubt even a failure would make much difference in the dark.) Huey, Apachetear, Hicks, I don't think it makes sense that so many of the people would be viewing him as part of the fight. But if you think it does, go ahead and continue- just wanted to make sure there was not a misreading error. It seemed like people were building off one character's initial silent opinions, not the described situation.

Note- I went ahead and posted dialoge that will stay the same regardless of your decision- he reacts this way whether or not the words are directed towards him, and whether or not he passes the intimidation roll.

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Mon May 14, 2007 9:39 pm

Simovic was glad someone had intervened it wasn't professional of Marines to be arguing especially on a mission as important and apparently treacherous as this. They should be giving a 100% concentration to the task in hand, which hopefully meant there'd be no more casualties! He'd even had his parents go and hastily light a candle for each member of 9th Platoon since Greens suicide, so god willing there wouldn't be. However he was starting to have his doubts on whether God was listening anymore....

O.O.C. Huey we have already moved into the tunnel and are leapfrogging each other. Jocke I've typed up the description of the Tactical Operation Centre (from the Colonial Marines Technical Manual), which is the desk Lt. Gorman monitors the Marines on, so it might be of use for you.

http://colonialmarines.wikispaces.com/E ... quipment90
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Draconis Major Campaign”