Turn 6 - Fiveway Junction

The joint campaign of the 8th and 9th platoons
Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 pm

The Tunnels snaked and twisted back upon itself, several times, but always led the marines in a northern direction, almost like it was attempting to funnel them into some dark inner womb. There were seven men in the Delta Dogs, some would definitely claim this unit needed to be pulled in favor of a full staffed company, but these men were dedicated and had survived tough odds to realize their fullest potential. Sergeant Honeysett and LT Morrison were both confident in their survival potential and each felt that the six men could hold down the fort as needed. Due to their smaller numbers they had been sent closer to the surface, this would fulfill a two-fold purpose, they could provide cover for the Easy Eights who had gone deeper into the depths as well as provide an entry point for any new blood that might happen to be sent to the system to fill in the blanks.
The tunnel came to a five way intersection, when the soft pinging of the motion detector lit off like fire crackers on a holiday. Four signals were indicated coming moving in from the North and a fifth signal was retreating down the eastern tunnel.

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Tue May 29, 2007 2:46 pm

Joe never enjoyed hearing chirps from the motion tracker. In his experience, nothing good had ever come from it. The quickening pings reminded Joe of a time bomb. When the chirps were so fast they turned into a single, long tone, that's when he imagined they'd die. Ironically, it might actually work out that way.

Joe readied himself for the encounter and thought out loud, "Maybe we should back up into the tunnel to create a bottleneck instead of trying to guard all these entrances."

At that moment Joe wished all five signals were retreating, but then why was one retreating?

(OOC: GM Roll Detection especially in the direction of the retreater)

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Tue May 29, 2007 5:33 pm

"Maybe we should back up into the tunnel to create a bottleneck instead of trying to guard all these entrances."
"Smart Plan Joe. Very smart, sounds good to me...I'll have a smartgunner, flamer and pulse rifle at the front crouched down. I want one pulse rifle per tunnel and a flamer and smartgun free-roaming to pick off the worst tunnels Motion tracker, I want it covering should something come up behind us. I reckon our lives could be easier if we'd brought proximity grenades..."

Thinking back to the other mission...Jacob remembered something he'd done to great effect...

"If this place gets swarmed lob a fuel cannister for the incinerator into the center and make sure it's shot or hit by the jet of flame. My only hint after that is to get the hell out of here. Let's get ready for a stand marines. Hand to Hand combat is a last resort do you understand?"

Positioning himself at the center of the firing line kneeling down he chose the tunnel facing directly opposite him and waited....

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Tue May 29, 2007 10:11 pm

"Hell Hounds" Con siad "Lets move back, get ready in a defensive postion. I don't want anu of these contact alive with 10 metres."

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Thu May 31, 2007 10:12 pm

Pulling out a marker flare, Con light it and dropped it on the ground. "Ok boys, nothing gets beyond this mark , Ok?"

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by bull30548 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:39 am

Cracking open his satchel Jones begins scanning channels on his comset. Then with the same hand he motions the squad back with the others. "Konterran 180 around and make sure nothing comes up behind us. Tap me if you need me to turn around. Rignon move up beside Konterran so he can get a clean read." Listening to his headset as closely as he could while getting ready to fire at whatever was coming to them.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Huey » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:11 am

RADIO Transmission:
"Delta Dogs with his the Easy Eights" Huey started he had to focus mentally to keep his voice from sounding strained. He didn't want to sound like a bitch ever after all this stuff happened. "We got ambushed and took casualties, 2 walking wounded and two seriously injured, be advised the fuckers definitely know we're here"
OOC: GM roll for communication
pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:42 pm

As the flair hit the ground, casting shadows all around the group; it became evident that several of the shadows were not just moving because of the flickering light. Unfortunately, the lighting did not help to pin point any particular targets. As each of the marines took up their defensive positions, Pvt. Konterran and Pvt. Rignon moved forward to allow Altair the opportunity to put his motion tracker to good use. Suddenly the tracker beeped loudly as it registered a target directly inline with them, before he could even scream a warning Pvt. Rignon is snatched upwards, the movement so quick that no one has an opportunity to react.
Lights flashing to the ceiling reveal a honeycombed network of rock, the boots of the Private can be seen disappearing through one of these holes. A quick glance at the monitor by Altair and the screen seems to be alive with movement. “Their coming,â€
GM

Image Image Image

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:24 pm

The sight of Rignon being so effortlessly plucked from his feet into the darkness above was sobering. In that moment, Joe felt helpless - helpless to protect his fellow marine, helpless to protect himself. As Altair screamed a warning of the incoming enemies, Joe felt a surge of anger and adrenaline overcome his initial reaction of fear. With an angry glare and a guttural growl Joe waited for his turn to deal death and pain or die fighting.

(OOC: Roll Detection, Multiple Fire, and Multiple Targets please)

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:31 pm

Seeing the private dissapear into the network above, Jacob made himself even closer to the ground in his crouch and continued aiming.

"Maybe if we get to the middle they won't be able to reach and grab us...whoever's got the burner fire it up into those tunnels. I don't give a fuck about Rigon, he's already dead and you all know it. Shoot now, the rest of you move into the middle - standard hedgehog formation! Pulse rifles kneeling around the smart gunner and incinerator. I'm gonna stay middle to, I want utmost visibility to be able to let you guys know what's what. Now GO!"

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:12 pm

Joe reacted to Honeysett’s orders and moved into the middle of the room against his own judgment. Quickly, he started firing a burst of flame into the mouths of each tunnel. He felt the heat bounce back and splash his face with every shot. Each time he hoped to see one of the creatures writhing in flames or to hear something to indicate his shots were effective.

(OOC: Roll Multiple Fire)

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:14 pm

Walking backwards, Con slid back into the shadows, switching off his shoulder lamp and turning on his infra red vision.

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Draconis Major Campaign”