Turn 7 Another Day, Another Dollar!

The joint campaign of the 8th and 9th platoons
- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:05 am

Jonsson held up his outdated M4-A3 pistol. "Any chance I can get a VP sometime before we head out? These things seem to have their own personal armor." He'd had his old gun since before it should have been in access to the public, but right now, practicallity outweighed almost all else. The plastic VP-70 may seem like a toy, but its punch put its shots through clean through even thick armor, something that had been looking more and more appealing every step he had taken into the cave.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Huey » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:06 am

Huey sat next to Dugan, he had heard of his promotion to Lance Corporal and his new squad he gave him a slap on the shoulder. Khan was still his squad leader and he was happy with that. He just hoped that he wouldn't start being bitchy again. If having to escape that fight with the xenomorphs was bad he couldn't imagine those "Mother Bravo" things. Anything that wasn't afraid of the xenomorphs was not something that he wanted to fuck with.

Williams- you are now a Lance Corporal.

"Cha-hoo" Huey said to himself happy with the promotion. He hadn't gotten his own squad but he was alright. He was one step away from earning that blood stripe something that Huey had dreamed of earning in Boot camp. But that something for another time. Williams was wondering how the platoon would fair now. His injuries were nothing to him, but future injuries were the problem. Konterran was the only medic they had after Angie was seriously injured.
pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:49 am

"If we can't get what we need the right way, we might just have to send Con." He said.
"Ooooo" Con said "sounds like a challange. I thought you were all against breaking all that us marines hold dear to us, brothers in arms and all the stuff. Hey man, you know me I'll get what you want but it will cost ya"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:57 am

[quote=""SentinelBlade77""]"Any chance I can get a VP sometime before we head out? These things seem to have their own personal armor." [/quote]

"Sure thing... Jonsson!" Morrison had to squint to read the mans nametag "just bring me a filled requestform, and I'll sign it." he said.

[quote=""Con""]"...I thought you were all against breaking all that us marines hold dear to us, brothers in arms and all the stuff. Hey man, you know me I'll get what you want but it will cost ya"[/quote]

"Poges don't count, which you damn well know. And it won't cost me any more then the standing order that will put you on permanent latrine-duty." Morrison smiled at the small marine, rubbing his knuckles.

"Further questions?" Morrison asked, as he swept his eyes across the room.

FNG's, the lot of them.... he thought.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:23 am

Blowing smoke through his nose Jacob looked around the room and coughed unhealthily.

He looked around the room, catching and holding the gaze of every marine one by one.

When they caught his eye it looked as though Jacob was looking through them and into the distance, the tenseness of the last mission, and the knowledge that they were just going back into the same thing again had made something inside him snap.

Taking a drag on his cigarette he exhaled and dropped the stub, grinding it out under his foot.

Leaning forward he spoke to the crowd in general

"I don't expect heroics of any of you against this enemy. I don't want to see abject cowardice either! Just be level headed -avoid their blood and aim for their head. look on the walls, floor AND ceiling. They don't like fire, but who does? They've got facehuggers, nearly got Nick - they're small and just go for your face, so look out for them. Any of you fresh meat get any desire to win honour and glory i can guarantee that a bid of heroism is going to be met by scorn from me, and if I know that that's what you enjoy - then you can be volunteered for the suicide missions every time. So just be marines, cool...level headed marines. Everyone got that?"

Leaning back he lit another cigarette and stared in between Eric and the new marine he'd been talking to, not blinking - just smoking and staring...

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:57 am

Simovic wearily nodded to Huey when he patted him for his promotion.

He repeated part of his question that seemed to have been lost in all of the excitement. "What do we know about these creatures life cycle, seems they weren't trying to kill, as from all accounts they took Rigon...what the hell for?"
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:48 pm

As Fox pulls out a pack being interrupted by the platoon leader he lights his smoke as Jacob goes on with his speech, then exhales.

I have some questions to ask about these 'creatures'.What are these facehuggers? Why do we avoid all blood contact with them?Is there anyother info that you can give me on this creatures?
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:52 pm

Dirk listeded as the L-T and then Jacob laid it out for everyone. When it Jacob was done and asked for questions, Dirk crushed out his cigaret, stood up and met Jacob's gaze. " Do these things show up on thermal? and if they don't how well does the smartgun lock up on them?"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:08 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]Dirk listeded as the L-T and then Jacob laid it out for everyone. When it Jacob was done and asked for questions, Dirk crushed out his cigaret, stood up and met Jacob's gaze. " Do these things show up on thermal? and if they don't how well does the smartgun lock up on them?"
[/quote]

"I dunno about thermal, smartgunners don't get helmets so they don't get infrared. But locking on seems to work almost as well as it does on a human. Sorry to interupt Sergeant," he said with a salute to Honeysett.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:01 pm

[quote=""Hunk""]As Fox pulls out a pack being interrupted by the platoon leader he lights his smoke as Jacob goes on with his speech, then exhales.

I have some questions to ask about these 'creatures'.What are these facehuggers? Why do we avoid all blood contact with them?Is there anyother info that you can give me on this creatures?
[/quote]

"Facehuggers? Little scorpiony spidery things, they go for your face - dunno after that if I'm honest...and blood? Well..." Jacob held up his stump of a finger "It's acidic, I'm sure other marines must have found that out by now...!"

" Do these things show up on thermal? and if they don't how well does the smartgun lock up on them?"
Grinning, Jacob looked at the new guy "Ask a smartgunner..." He replied simply...

"I dunno about thermal, smartgunners don't get helmets so they don't get infrared. But locking on seems to work almost as well as it does on a human. Sorry to interupt Sergeant," he said with a salute to Honeysett.
"Don't worry about it Eric..." Jacob smiled remembering the insular smartgunner from pre-mission..."Better we all know something than only one of us!" Returning the salute lazily Jacob leant back and traced the smily faces on his, by now, filthy armour.

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:45 pm

[quote=""Apachetear""][Grinning, Jacob looked at the new guy "Ask a smartgunner..." He replied simply... [/quote]

"No problem Sarg. I'll find a smartgunner." Dirk said as he sat down.

"Thanks Eric....I just don't want to try to lock on to one of these things and find out the hard way if I can or not." Dirk said leaning over to Eric. Takeing a fresh Cigaret out of the pack he lit it. Inhaleing deeply then Slowly blowing the smoke out." I would offer you one Eric, but I seem to remember that you were one of the few people in boot who didn't smoke."

"How about you Fox?You want a cigaret? Dosen't look like we have to worry about getting cancer"Dirk said holding out the pac to Fox with a wry smile
<Tag Fox.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:24 pm

"How about you Fox?You want a cigaret? Dosen't look like we have to worry about getting cancer"Dirk said holding out the pac to Fox with a wry smile

Scorpian like spiders.......i like were this is going. What happens when they get on you're face. They spread acid on you?

Can someone direct me were i can get a application for a BalaCova/ Skee mask.... gas mask will do.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:37 pm

More of the same, thought Bojan. They were going in again nothing much was gonna change. Bojan started to hand out the rank insignias of the recently promoted and spied a few people he didn't recognise but he assumed they were either from the other section or the couple of new guys in his.

"Make sure you take water guys", Bojan announced. "We don't want to get lost without it and it may work on the acid"

William Jones

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:50 pm

[quote=""Apachetear""]"Facehuggers? Little scorpiony spidery things, they go for your face - dunno after that if I'm honest...and blood? Well..." Jacob held up his stump of a finger "It's acidic, I'm sure other marines must have found that out by now...!"[/quote]

"I'm now a member of that club." Eric grinned, pointing to the numerous burns on his face and armor. "Got a nasty one on my cheek, almost went through."

"Make sure you take water guys", Bojan announced. "We don't want to get lost without it and it may work on the acid"
"Maybe we could get something basic like baking soda. Some of you may not know what I'm talking about, but bases counteract acid. We could find something and put it in our armor or something. A bag a' dish soap between you and your chestplate couldn't hurt. But it could neutralize enough acid to maybe save you fom serious injury"
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:40 pm

[quote=""Hunk""]Sure, Dirk its nice to see you again. So when did you get assigned to this base... Wonder what happened to the rest of the crew, Chris and Collins?[/quote]

"Guess you already got a smoke. I have no idea about those guys, I just got here in time to see the floor show.....But you never know, the three of us are here."

"I'm now a member of that club." Eric grinned, pointing to the numerous burns on his face and armor. "Got a nasty one on my cheek, almost went through."
"The fuckin blood did that? How strong is that shit anyway? I see that it can go through skin but how about our armor. How dose that hold up?"

"Hay fox?" Dirk said takeing another drag" Did you get here in time to see those fuckers go at each other?"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes