Turn 7 Another Day, Another Dollar!

The joint campaign of the 8th and 9th platoons
Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:52 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]
"I'm now a member of that club." Eric grinned, pointing to the numerous burns on his face and armor. "Got a nasty one on my cheek, almost went through."
"The fuckin blood did that? How strong is that shit anyway? I see that it can go through skin but how about our armor. How dose that hold up?"
[/quote]

"Well the worst got on my face, but the sprinkle on my armor leads me to believe that stuff'll go right through our armor if you got a big spray. We should maybe be ready to drop our chestplates if we get sprayed."
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:56 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]"Hay fox?" Dirk said takeing another drag" Did you get here in time to see those fuckers go at each other?"
[/quote]

Nah, what did I miss. All i heard were the alerts that we had company and i came out here when gun fire was going on from the sentry turrents. I guess thats what that pile of dark bodies over there is.Theres all this talk about these creatures and im wondering what hell has gotten into everybody that went into the tunnels. I think everyone has gone crazy thats went down there. I would need proof before i can believe a single one of them. I dont understand what the F*** is going on. But i will probably find out what is going on in a couple of days.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:57 pm

"Maybe we could get something basic like baking soda. Some of you may not know what I'm talking about, but bases counteract acid. We could find something and put it in our armor or something. A bag a' dish soap between you and your chestplate couldn't hurt. But it could neutralize enough acid to maybe save you fom serious injury"
"Well, safety for sulphuric acid spills is flood with water not a base. I'd be worried about the energy change for the reaction. I don't want to neutralise the acid to be burnt or frozen by the reaction. We could always take both. I'm gonna take a specimen jar to see how it reacts with glass."

William Jones

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:37 am

"Well, safety for sulphuric acid spills is flood with water not a base. I'd be worried about the energy change for the reaction. I don't want to neutralise the acid to be burnt or frozen by the reaction. We could always take both. I'm gonna take a specimen jar to see how it reacts with glass."
"Good idea Sir. I'm not sure about efficiency, but we studdied this stuff in college, never thought it'd come in handy in the marines, so I didn't really pay attention, but I got the basics. I think it'd be better if we tested it though." He saluted the Sergeant.

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:47 am

"Good idea Sir. I'm not sure about efficiency, but we studdied this stuff in college, never thought it'd come in handy in the marines, so I didn't really pay attention, but I got the basics. I think it'd be better if we tested it though." He saluted the Sergeant.
"No salutes Roberts, but yeah, we need more information before we can combat it properly. But we need water anyway so I was making sure everyone's bringing some. We've got to find something we can contain it in."

William Jones

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:49 am

[quote=""AstroBoy""]"No salutes Roberts, but yeah, we need more information before we can combat it properly. But we need water anyway so I was making sure everyone's bringing some. We've got to find something we can contain it in."

[/quote]

"Understood Sir. Well we could just use our canteens if we're still getting issued them. I'm keeping mine no matter what. I'd be willing to carry extra canteens if we do get them. I'm gonna need a new backpack this time, left my old one in there, but I can't overload it this time, don't wanna hurt myself again." He laughed. He was in a good mood, meeting his old friends from boot camp.

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:00 am

Listening about the talk of acid made fox reall anxious to get some extra layers to vers his skin so he could rip it off when the time had come to.
Walking up to bojan who was having a conversation with Eric about the whole acid thing.

Permission for a Item request Sir. Fox got in a perfect form of salute.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
8th platoon Squad 3

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:58 am

"Understood Sir. Well we could just use our canteens if we're still getting issued them. I'm keeping mine no matter what. I'd be willing to carry extra canteens if we do get them. I'm gonna need a new backpack this time, left my old one in there, but I can't overload it this time, don't wanna hurt myself again."
"Yeah, thats good Roberts", said Bojan. Roberts liked to carry a lot, although sometimes good, you had to be careful how much you took as he had said.
Permission for a Item request Sir. Fox got in a perfect form of salute.
"Its staff sergeant or staff, not sir and lose the salute Fox. As for item requests, what are you after?"

William Jones

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:59 am

Simovic listened to all the eager recruits, he wondered how eager they'd be when they were down there in the shit, Laser tag was a far cry from actual combat... He looked over his own Squad roster:

Roberts: (Smartgunner) He knew he could count on him,
Hawkins: (Medic) She'd been wheeled out on a stretcher, so he was already one down,
Jonsson: (Rifleman) Another Marine he could rely on.

Pity he had no medic but at least the other two had experience.

O.O.C If people are wondering what gear they have check here, it lists all your basic equipment.

http://colonialmarines.wikispaces.com/S ... +Equipment

Also a smartgunner has an eyepiece that flips over his right eye and has a targeting computer, infrared and thermal imaging built in, (thats in the wiki to).
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:21 pm

Joe quietly watched all the commotion and contemplated their next encounter. Joe remembered Honeysett's advice and surrendered his M42 Scoped Rifle but held on to the Incinerator.
"Before we start with questions and planning, I've got a short announcement to make; Konterran, Harmon, Wrathboyne- you have all gotten promoted to Private First class...
Joe couldn't help but allow a smile to creep across his face at his promotion as he prepared himself mentally for their next suicide mission.

“It’s going to get messy. It always does…â€

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:13 pm

Tarik hadn't spoken much since their return from the gates of Hell. He smoked and nodded as they were briefed and gave a few encouraging pats on the back to the newly promoted troops. He found himself a spot were not too much was going on. He looked at his dog tags and read them over and over...the shell casing he had found after Ronald Green's suicide clacked softly against his tags. He had killed himself...had they not been doing the same thing time and time again? Each time they geared up to go fight somewhere were they not loading a gun and holding it to their own heads? Khan looked over to his gear his body armor scuffed up from his first botched mission and it had been nothing but a series of failures. He read what he had inscripted that day on his first mission just fresh from the cryotube. "Have A Nice Day" he smiled he still thought it was clever..seeing the look on someones face as they read it with a smartgun pointed at them. He wish Altair was still in his squad..his optimism and quick thinking was always refreshing. These new marines were eager but for what? To be heroes? to who? they weren't saving anyone...they weren't fighting a war. Tk stubbed out his smoke and put his gear back on and readied up for combat. Williams a reliable soldier that had been with him for since the start. Kbeir and Fox a couple green recruits naive and willing. How would it turn out from here Tarik wondered..."Fuck it....." Khan said aloud to himself...and with that he accepted his fate.
Last edited by Atypicalkiller on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:04 am

Dirk watched the Marines went about the business of getting ready to redeploy. He lit another cigaret and inhaled deeply. This was why he joined. Not to be a hero, he didn't give a fuck about being a hero. It was his fellow grunts. They would be going into hell with him. So they were tho only people that counted to him. Eric and Fox from boot, and the others. "Hay Con, People seem to count on you getting what they need. Well I have always been able to get what ever I needed.So do you want a little help? Being that I am in your squad, and all. What do you think?"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:35 pm

"Williams!" Khan called out, as he returned to camp."listen up Lance.."Khan smiled glad to see the men were getting what they deserved. He wasn't sure it meant much other than a boost in pay out here. "Huey I need you to show Fox and Kbeir the ropes..let them know about what we're up against and that I don't want any Rambo shit out there...you know the drill..and thanks man.."Tarik said reluctantly.."Thanks for keeping your head on your shoulders down there...it's alot of stress when the shit hits the fan and everyman wants to forget his rank and do what he pleases..I'm glad I can depend on you.. and I'll tell my mama I'm sorry about your pretty face.." he laughed again a little as he lit up another smoke..looking at the tiny scarring from the acid that he was sure would fade away

TK could overhear a conversation from a few of the new recruits, Khan examined the new guy his uniform read Pitt.

"Sorry to but in there Pitt is it?" Khan asked already knowing the answer..
"but to answer you question...yes...and no..." took another drag...
"What I've experienced is the targeting computer in the M56 will not always detect these bugs but once they get moving and you have you gun in the right direction it'll pick them up lickty split..on motion alone...only problem is these fuckers are so fast and can move on all surfaces sometimes you have to shoot from the hip..this is basic smartgunning 101...aren't they teaching you guys anything in bootcamp now days?"'

SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:07 pm

[quote=""AstroBoy""] "Its staff sergeant or staff, not sir and lose the salute Fox. As for item requests, what are you after?"

[/quote]

Acknowledged Sergeant Bojan!

Sergeant could I get some sort of mask....... to cover my face. Acidic blood, its sounds ugly from what it can do.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
8th platoon Squad 3

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:50 pm

As he looked around at all the new and inexperienced faces, Joe's smile faded. He didn't have years of experience either, but going toe to toe with the xenomorphs matured him real fast. He already carried the look of a dirty, tired, and apathetic veteran.

Joe overheard one of the new guys asking Sergeant Bojan about a mask, to which he retorted, "You don't want a mask. You'll never get battle scars with that attitude." A smile of self satisfaction returned to Joe's face as he returned to his business.

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Draconis Major Campaign”