Turn 8 All Hands to Battle Stations

The joint campaign of the 8th and 9th platoons
Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:48 pm

"Alright Williams- get on that aircover." Morrison spat over the top of the fortifications, then looked to his left and right- the platoon would soon be ready.

"Danny- steer things up to our left, Smiles- you're on the right flank. Give me running reports on your situations. Squadleaders and smartgunners! Make sure you have your fields of fire set!" he spat again, and cocked both the rifle and the grenade launcher.

"Listen up Marines! This will most likely be one hell of a show- and we've got kickass tickets. Short, controlled bursts- no fucking monkeyshots out here! You may fire at will, so make sure that you can service your targets before you open up, clear!?! Happy hunting, devildogs!" Morrison barked, staying true to his NCO-roots.

LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:51 pm

Moving to where he was told, Jacob lit a cigarette and looked at the marines standing there.

"Alright marines, we work as a team or we die, there's nowhere to run - so don't bother retreating! They've got long heads which make for easy aiming, but they're on the whole jet black, so the night kills that advantage, I want everyone's torches on for spotting, shoot the aliens closest to us, any big ones..." His mind flashed to the spaceship and the alien that had nearly killed Jim "target them with explosives! Any facehuggers target them with flamers, they're small but they aren't black - so might be a bit easier to see!"

Having an idea he turned and yelled "Can we get flamers to burn down the surrounding shrubs, I want clear ground for a killzone - no cover for those things eh?"

"Con, no free roving for you guys, up here with me - we've got four squads one per side of this encampment! Let any of these things through and we're dead, I don't want one bug with in 50 yards of this complex! ok?"

<Tag Con's Squad and Marines in General"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:27 pm

[quote=""Apachetear""]
"Con, no free roving for you guys, up here with me - we've got four squads one per side of this encampment! Let any of these things through and we're dead, I don't want one bug with in 50 yards of this complex! ok?"

[/color]
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:53 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]"Good luck Roberts, Good luck Fox. I'll see you after" Dirk said over the com.

[/quote]

Eric set his com to only Dirk and Fox. "You too, God be with you."
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:28 am

"Alright guys, you heard the man, change of plans, take a point, one free beer on me for every 10 of these fuckers you kill keep count boys"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:26 am

Danny- steer things up to our left
Bojan nodded in reply. In a measured tone, he spoke over the comms, "Simovic, you take the far left, Khan, line your squad up next to his. Remember to tell your squads to aim and stay calm."

Bojan cocked his rifle and stood behind his section. "Lieutenant, do we have more of a plan than stand and shoot?", asked Bojan. He couldn't think of anything much better he had to admit to himself.

OOC: I'm confused, is the cave to the north of the camp and is everyone on the north edge?
William Jones

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:09 pm

"Thanks guys, Im going to need god me heh." Speaking over his com that eric set.

Fox was looking around watching everyone get ordered around into position, he was very anxious to get his position so he just waited there. Reloading the M5 he awaited Huey to give him his next set of orders.

Ready here Huey i have the M5 , and the ammo with it.

[quote=""StConstantine""]"Alright guys, you heard the man, change of plans, take a point, one free beer on me for every 10 of these fuckers you kill keep count boys"[/quote]

I that case you will be getting me drunk.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Huey » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:43 pm

"Alright Williams- get on that aircover." Morrison spat over the top of the fortifications, then looked to his left and right- the platoon would soon be ready.

Huey nodded at at the Lieutenant. Those pilots would be busy tonight that's for damn sure.

I that case you will be getting me drunk

"Fox, we're with Bojan" He said urging him along to their position "Hey Fox, 2 beers say I get to 10 kills before you" he said, taking his position he got his rifle up, ready to go. "Bojan do you have a flamer?" Huey said, he didn't think anyone in his squad did.

Last edited by Huey on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:49 pm

[quote=""Huey""]"Fox, we're with Bojan" He said urging him along to their position "Hey Fox, 2 beers say I get to 10 kills before you" he said, taking his position he got his rifle up, ready to go. "Bojan do you have a flamer?" Huey said, no one he didn't think anyone in his squad did.
[/quote]

Putting the rocket into the M5 and paying attention to what Huey last said to him. Deciding to get cocky with his 2 beers or to egg it on.

"Huey, its on! Thats if we make it." Fox said with a deep grin.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Huey » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:19 am

"Huey, its on! Thats if we make it." Fox said with a deep grin

Williams put down his bag of ammo which contained a few rockets for the M5. "Of course..." Huey paused thinking, stratching his chin "Well I know I'm going to make it, not sure about you though" He started laughing, "Just make sure to shoot in the same direction as me okay" He said with his thumbs up.
pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:51 am

"Bojan do you have a flamer?"
"Not on me. Have a look around for one.", Bojan replied. He had a quick look around for himself.

OOC: Can Bojan see one?

"Lieutenant, what heavy weapons do we have that aren't manned?"

William Jones

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:59 am

[quote=""AstroBoy""]Bojan cocked his rifle and stood behind his section. "Lieutenant, do we have more of a plan than stand and shoot?"[/quote]

Morrison spat at the ground, and looked towards Bojan, "Not really. Hopefully we will grind them down. If things get hopeless, we bug the hell out. Brass be damned."
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:58 am

"We could always call in an airstrike from the USS Costaguana if things get really bad, but to close and we run the risk of being zapped as well".

O.O.C Is it possible to have a list of what heavy weapons are available to us? The APC's have 4 claymore mines and 7 cannisters of CN-20 nerve gas on them but what about the firebase?
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:21 pm

"Keep my updated- you need somethin' specific done, lemme know."
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:56 pm

Khan smoked his last cigarette from his pack. "Shit.." he grunted he could tell this was a bad omen. The entire mission he had smoked, the entire mission he was alive. He took his time smoking and wanted to enjoy the little relief smoking gave him. He could see the hordes on the horizon charging forward, his weapon ready his mind in the right state Tarik looked as his men once more to address them.

"Squad no matter what happens keep firing, and follow orders for just this once God damn it..I know I've been a bitch to put up with..but you're all alive damn it, so I must have done something right..."

As the cigarette fizzled out Tarik flicked it on the ground...."Holy shit.." he said aloud..."I got a fucking idea..." He unhooked his M56 and threw it agaisnt the wall his squad was protecting "Williams keep radioing that damn air support Fox come with me"

Tarik Khan had his Muse hit him right smack dabb in the face, he ran to the APCs and grabbed the extra can of Gasoline and rushed back to the front line he ripped off the lid and started pouring a line of gas across the there line of sight. "Fox grab the rest of those drums wheel them over here These things hate fire so let's get ready to make a wall of fire when the rush us..then as they stop kick the drums from the reserve towards them with the caps off...Fire bombs..."Khan didn't care what anyone thought or said his idea might buy them the time they need for airsupport to come...if in fact it would..

( OOC Im assuming the APCs use gas I'm also assuming we have some on the planet as well as the colony having some stock drums of gas, if we did not bring any, if this is not the case then excuse my Meta-gaming and delete this post)
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Draconis Major Campaign”