Turn 8 - The plan

The 3rd Eightballs campaign. Terminated.
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 8 - The plan

Post by Nick » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:44 pm

Date: 22nd October, 2080AD
Location: Lambda Serpentis, 3 kilometers out from Pirate base
Operation: Thunderclaw
Mission timer: 01:30.00

The Marines circled waggon while the Sergeant and Lieutenant conferred in the middle. What was the best approach to the base? Should they take out the sentries first or try to attack it right away? Was a frontal assault prefferrable to a sneak attack?

The questions mounted as whisps of mist drifted past noiselessly. Like huge blimps of white transparant matter. The strange atmosphere made their throats sour and gave a metallic taste on the tongue. The ground was wet from dew and many of the marines shivered as much from anticipation as from the cold ground they laid upon.

OOC: See you Sunday!
Site admin

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 8 - The plan

Post by Dugan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Simovic lay on the cold wet grass peering down the iron sight of his flame thrower. "Personally I think taking out the other sentries at the same time as a frontal assault might be a good idea, what do you think Chappell?"

"Whatever we do I hope they decide fast as my pants are soaked through and I ain't even been drinking whisky". Dugan shuddered as he tried to put that embarrassing experience out of his mind.

O.O.C: I have my IR eyepiece down and am scanning the horizon for anything out of the ordinary.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 8 - The plan

Post by rednus » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:36 am

Endorphins still coursing their way through his bloodstream, Rednus glanced over in partial agreement with Simovic. A smile continued to play itself out on his gaunt, pale face, as he sucked blood from his still dripping finger tip.

"Sentry's first. I'm thinkin' we could put the new addition to the rifle family to good use..."

At this, he looked towards first squad's better sniper and hoped he was up to the task.

"...of course, its for Steel and the LT. to decide."
"Whatever we do I hope they decide fast as my pants are soaked through and I ain't even been drinking whisky"
"Damn, I wish I had some now. Tell you what , when we get 'outta here, you and I are getting ass-headed drunk, and thats an order Marine..."

Red smiled a bloodied, tobacco laced grin and absentmindedly reloaded his rifle, though no shots had yet been birthed from it.

.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 8 - The plan

Post by pants » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:14 am

Nick looked around at the gathered platoon, most of them looked ready for action.

"Lieutenant I think we should just hit these guys as hard as possible. Lets not muck around here," he said into his communit.

"I'm thinking that we send in one squad as noisy as possible, drawing out anything the pirates have in reserve as a surprise for us and have the other squad move quietly into a flanking position. If necessary we call up the APC and dropships and blow the crap out of anything that's still standing. What do you think LT?"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 8 - The plan

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:33 pm

"Sir, if I might make a suggestion to your idea. Send in two fire teams making all the ruckus in the world, as soon as the enemy comes charging out of the building they turn and run for the ridgeline and drop, with the fog still blanketing the area like a whore on a john, they should be able to disappear. However, we set up a nice little target shoot with our Smartguns and two other Pulse Rifles as the Pirates come racing into range we drop them like flies, mean while the first group has circled back behind them and infiltrates the pirate base."

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 8 - The plan

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:53 pm

I'm thinking that we send in one squad as noisy as possible, drawing out anything the pirates have in reserve as a surprise for us and have the other squad move quietly into a flanking position. If necessary we call up the APC and dropships and blow the crap out of anything that's still standing.
"I don't know if I really like this idea. If they're as well equipped a this guy, we may not draw them out and then we could have more problems getting in. Also, If one escapes we won't ever find him.", Bojan replied. "I'm thinking it'd be better to go in slowly, but leave maybe half a squad out here to keep an eye on the other buildings and also, If we do need ot leg it, we have cover and or they can pick off any fleeing pirates"

A rush was so much uncontrollable unless thoroughly planned. Especially with the lack of intel on this op Bojan was very uncertain to go with Steel's plan. But, if it was chosen he'd do it well.
William Jones

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 8 - The plan

Post by pants » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:31 am

Listening to both Eagle and Bojan, Nick considered the points they raised. The fog would affect vision and a full frontal assault was always risky, especially if the pirates were as well armed as the sentry, it could get hairy for the assaulting sqaud.

"Chappell what's your thoughts on this situation? The final decision is up to the Lieutenant but lets have your input before she decides what we are going to do." asked Nick over seconds squads frequency.

"LT, Eagle and Bojan both bring up good points. We should see if we can find the other sentries and neutralise them before we hit the rest of the pirates. Do you think we could call in a missile strike from the Dropship if necessary? Also are you going to call up the APC when we go in?"

Nick scanned the platoon to see who was keeping watch.

"Has there been any movement out there platoon?"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 8 - The plan

Post by rednus » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:40 am

"Chappell what's your thoughts on this situation?
Red activated the comm-channel and spoke with a dis-jointed ease.

"...Sentry's first sir..." he paused and considered an alternative..

"Of course, ..we could just dust-off, bombard the entire site, then land and sweep up..." he liked this idea, even though there would be a firing squad of questions aimed at them.

.."no prisoners, remember sir?."

.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Charybdis Campaign”