Turn 3

The 3rd Eightballs campaign. Terminated.
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 3

Post by Nick » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:43 am

Date: 22nd October, 2080AD, 0710UT
Operation: Thunderclaw
Mission timer: 00:00

Sergeant Steele rounded up the Marines for the briefing in the hanger. The Marines was sitting on a few crates, discussing when Lt Vincent entered the hanger - The advisor Williams on her heels.

Williams looked a little flushed and gave a nervous impression, the deliberately avoided the curious looks of the marines.

Site admin

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 3

Post by tashw » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:33 am

Eileen stood in front of the assembled marines and gave the group a moment to settle before commencing the briefing.

"Alright, we've got a straightforward job this time," Eileen glanced briefly in Williams direction, before continuing, "Command has located a small pirate base on Lambda Serpentis IV. We will recon the base, and depending on what we find, either destroy them or gather intelligence for a planetary bombardment."

“The pirates have a radar installation so we’re dropping 5 kilometres west of the base and approaching on foot. Atmosphere is breathable, a bit low on oxygen, some minor toxin residue, but nothing to worry about for the time we'll be down there."

“There’s not much cover, grassland with a few bushes. Temperature's mild in the daytime, but drops to minus thirty at night, so we're landing in the morning to give us time to approach and observe the base. There's no indigenous life, but the pirates may have livestock in the area around the base.â€
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 3

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:54 am

Bojan just simply nodded in reply showing he understood. He sat and waited for anyone else to ask a question.
William Jones

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 3

Post by Dugan » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:49 am

"Yes Lieutenant I have a few questions, are the pirates likely to have any vehicles? As we may need to break out some heavy weaponary to deal with the threat. Also are we intending to stay planetside overnight, as we may need some extreme cold weather equipment?"

Dugan didn't like the idea of -30 degree night in his flimsy BDU's or the thought of an APC or tank trundling up to a lightly armed Marine squad.

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 3

Post by rednus » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:47 am

Rednus , already plotting out worst case scenario's, simply grinned, and awaited further information. He thought of Dugan , and felt pleased someone else was thinking ahead.

<O.O.C. I just got out of hospital and am in hellish pain, hence my posts may be a little shorter than usual.
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 3

Post by pants » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:58 pm

Date: 22nd October, 2080AD, 0710UT
Operation: Thunderclaw
Mission timer: 00:00

Nick stood at ease with the rest of the platoon and listened to the briefing. It seemed fairly straight forward but so had the last couple of missions and they had turned out to be nightmares.

"Lieutenant I've got a couple of questions about the mission. How many pirates are we expecting to face on planet? Do they have access to dropships and spacecraft? If so should we be packing some antiaircraft weapons?"

"Also LT, and I'm not sure how much we can discuss this, but is this cargo the same things that we had to face when trying to recover the VIPs on the Andromeda campaign? If so I suggest we take as much heavy firepower as we can. There's no way we can face those things again without some serious bang. Those things don't die easy."

Nick wondered at the way the advisor, Williams, looked so damn nervous. He shrugged it off as not being important and waited for Lt Vincent to answer the questions.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 3

Post by tashw » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:14 am

"We don't have numbers on the pirates," Eileen replied, "Intelligence says it's a small base, but that's one of the things we'll have to confirm for ourselves."

"They've got access to spacecraft. I want to prevent them ever getting near them if possible, but we're going to take one M112 HIMAT missile system in case we need to take one down. It's only one shot, but given the weight involved that will have to do. Bojan, select someone from first squad to carry it."

Eileen considered exactly how to reply to Steel's comment about the Andromeda. Williams hadn't given her anything specific about what would be down there, but Eileen couldn't help considering the things they'd run across over the previous two missions.

"I don't have many details on the cargo, Sergeant. We'll go over what I do know after the briefing," Eileen paused before continuing, "We have smartguns and grenades to provide heavy fire. Bojan, Chappell, you're free to choose the types of grenade you want issued."

"As for the temperature, standard BDUs will give basic protection, and we're not staying overnight. If we can't attack we'll pull back to our initial drop point and return to the Costaguana."

nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 3

Post by AstroBoy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:43 am

"Bren, the HIMAT's yours", said Bojan to his new rifleman. The other two squad members already had other roles and Bojan was therefore trying to to spread the load

OOC: How many grenades can each person take?
William Jones

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 3

Post by Dugan » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:14 pm

"OK Ma'am, thanks for your answers"

OOC: The Harness that the Marines wear can fit 8 grenades, plus you can have four rounds in the magazine.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Charybdis Campaign”