Turn 7 - The Interrogation

The 3rd Eightballs campaign. Terminated.
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:39 am

Date: 22nd October, 2080AD
Location: Lambda Serpentis, 3 kilometers out from Pirate base
Operation: Thunderclaw
Mission timer: 01:20:30

Bojans arm still throbbed and ached from the dog bite. His thick BDU shirt had prevented the teeth from actually penetrating the skin, but it was bruised black and blue from the tremendous force. Luckily nothing seemed to be broken.

The sentry laid slumped towards the rock at which he had stood guard. Vincent studied him absent mindedly, while Screaming Eagle looked at the weapon. He nodded appriaceatingly. It was a state of the art sniper weapon, made rom carbon fibers except for the fluted barrel. It was carbon black. It felt like it was made of paper, yet it was extremely well balanced. No serial numbers or identifiying markers. That was no cheap weapon.

The sentry suddenly moaned and started to wake up. His eyelids fluttered and then he was awake.

"Oooow...shit...aaaahh...my head" he complained. He then saw that he was surrounded by grim faces painted in camouflage patterns. "...don't kill me!" he suddenly shouted while looking for a way out desperately.

Site admin

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Simovic raises his VP70 "Don't even think about trying to run....I think we should maybe tie him up to prevent him running, plus search him for other weapons and disable his coms?"

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Huey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Huey » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:25 pm

OOC: He's already been tied up.
pl. Huey Williams
8th Platoon, Section A, 2nd Squad
Squad Leader

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post by rednus » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:41 am

Second! eyes open...I'm gonna get some answers.

"Ahh...welcome back..." Rednus said to the awakened sleeper in a distinctly un-welcoming manner.

Red crouched next to the former sentry, removed his helmet, motioned toward the sniper rifle and , very calmly, began to speak.

"Wow...nice equipment they provide you with out here...think I'm gonna keep that." Rednus looked back into the man's eyes with piercing, ice-blue eyes.

"Hi, I am Registered Colonial Interrogator Rednus Chappell and it pleases me to meet you..."

Red smiled at this, and began to remove a cigarette from its housing. He placed it between his lips, but didn't light it.

"...there are a few ways we can do this....a couple of them result in a severe reduction to your life expectancy...the amount of time you take to answer me will dictate this..."

Rednus leaned in close to the captive, merely inches from his face now.

"...yes...questions..."

Last edited by rednus on Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:53 am

OOC: He's already been tied up.

I don't see any evidence suggesting that.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:17 pm

OOC: Keep OOC short and for information/question purposes only. Discuss in the Player question areas instead. The prisoner is now tied for gameplay reasons.

"I don't know anything...seriously. I have just been here a few weeks...this is...like my third watch or so?!"

The mans eyes was terrified as he watched Chappells face in stark terror.

Site admin

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:21 pm

"Oooow...shit...aaaahh...my head" he complained. He then saw that he was surrounded by grim faces painted in camouflage patterns. "...don't kill me!" he suddenly shouted while looking for a way out desperately.
Nick looked at the prisoner and winced at the noise he was making.

"Keep him quiet Chappell!" said Nick to second squads leader. "I think the LT has a few questions for him as well, including where the heck he got this fancy new hardware," he said indicating the sniper rifle.

The rest of the platoon were dispersed around the area, with Simovic covering the prisoner with his pistol. Nick switched his comm to the command frequency.

"LT what questions do you want answered? Chappell looks like he knows how to ask the questions so we might as well make use of his expertise."

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post by rednus » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:04 am

He could hear his instructor talking now, the old, gravelly voice of a master interrogator reciting instructions through Red's over active memory.

Time's long since passed, but the knowledge remained deeply embedded...

...This one scores a 'three'... the old one would've said at this "meeting".
Rednus proceeded along this judgment and continued the questioning accordingly.

"You're going to answer me quietly, understood?" Red's hand began to grip the handle of his sheathed combat knife and remained there.

"How many more sentry's are posted out here?"

"How many personnel inside the base?"

"...and where did you get that weapon?"

Chappell un-sheathed the blade and began running his own finger along the razor sharp, blackened edge. When he reached the point he pressed harder and pierced his finger-tip. As Red's life blood started to emerge from the wound, the endorphins released brought the slightest of smiles, and he looked back up to meet the worried gaze of his 'subject'.
On the way, he shot Simovic the foulest of grins, witnesses rare to such proceedings.

Rednus leaned towards the captive and carefully wrote in blood upon his forehead the number three. He then removed the cigarette from his lips, spun it one-hundred and eighty degrees and began to eat it.
With a flick, the filter arced through the cold air at his new artwork.

"Quickly, now.." warned Red, as he deftly twirled the blade in his grip.

Again the voice played itself out in his memories...

...nice touch, Chappell. Now...he's your's.

.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 am

Blank faced, Nick looked on as Chappell went to work on the prisoner. Interrogation was never pleasent but any info they could get out of the guy would give the platoon a better picture of what they would be facing when they went in.

"Bojan how you feeling? Good work bringing down the sentry and dog, but next time lets just take out the dog from a distance and save us all the trouble of having to patch you up!" said Nick to L Cpl Bojan a grin on his face.

"Get first squad deployed to keep an eye out while Chappell works on the prisoner."

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:33 am

Bojan stood up after Doc had attended to him. With it being rather painful to move the injured arm, he slung his rifle and drew his VP70.
"Bojan how you feeling? Good work bringing down the sentry and dog, but next time lets just take out the dog from a distance and save us all the trouble of having to patch you up!" said Nick to L Cpl Bojan a grin on his face.

"Get first squad deployed to keep an eye out while Chappell works on the prisoner."
"It'll be alright sergeant, just a bit sore to move, nothing too terrible though. Wasn't my idea", Bojan replied smiling.

Bojan ordered his squad, "OK squad, I want you guys to set up a perimeter, 4 corners and I'll be one of them. Stay frosty and try not to be obvious as to where you are."

The injury would heal, he was lucky it was only bruising, anything more could have severely hampered his usefulness to the mission.
William Jones

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:01 pm

The mans eyes gew as Chappell made his display.

"You're insane!?" The man blurted

"...get this wacko off me!" The man pleaded to the other marines.

Realizing he was not about to get any help the man decided that speaking might be in his best interest.

"Ok there are three more sentries...placed in a quadrant around the outpost. Each a dog and a man. We are in total twelve people...thirteen people with me." The man pursed his lips...deciding if he should continue or not.

Chappels drawn knife convinved him.

"The rifles are supplied to us in return for us hijacking the ships. I don't know where we get them from...the others calls these guys Jockeys or something like that?"

"Thats all I know...I swear!"
Site admin

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Charybdis Campaign”