Turn 3 Welcome to Hesseneu

The first delta dogs campaign. Terminated.
bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by bull30548 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:52 pm

Not enjoying being ignored by the sergeant/platoon leader Jones starts talking again. "Well you know last time out I ran into friendlies supposedly and I got this for my trouble." Motioning to scar on his chin and face. As he does he slips the grenades out of his harness and slowly slips them into the launcher. "Let just say that the experience left an impression. And that if you become hostile to any of us on this little mission." Slipping his rifle into a grip for firing the launcher pointing it at the platoon leader. "I will blast you in half and probably take out half y our platoon with me. I am just letting you know my mission parameters and personal opinion up front." His comm going off Jones shifted his rifle to point upwards. He moves away still facing the platoon as he moves not sure if he even provoked a reaction from these robots.

"Copy that Sergeant and Squad two I want you to double check our ordinance. Once you do grab one of the packs and put it with your gear. As much as I hate to have to lug that stuff I rather have it on us than have to run back to the APC to get it. I'll meet up with Second Squad by our APC."
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:52 pm

Tarik switched his saftey back on. Snow Gear?.. Fan-Fucking-Tastic...
He turned around towards Altair." Well kiddo looks like this party is a bust....damn shame I forgot my skiis.." Tarik snickered and headed back towards the APC.

He slung his M56 to the side and lit a cigarette. He unrolled his sleeves as he walked towards it, he noticed a a few members from the other squad they didn't look happy either. Maybe they know something I don't..
He figured the LT would update them soon enough. He leaned up against the side of the APC and enjoyed his smoke. He wasn't sure when he'd get a chance to have another and the LT gave them enough time for him to waste some.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:15 pm

OOC: Sorry Bull, I must have missed a tag somewhere when I was posting replies.

The Sergeant turned and faced the lower ranking squad leader, "Soldier, I would suggest you point the rifle in the right direction. You worry about your Squad and I will worry about my platoon. Is that understood Lance Corporal?" He stopped abruptly and placed his hand over his left ear; turning his back on Gavin, he directed his attention to his platoon, "Okay men, grab your gear and report to the motor pool." He pivoted nicely on his heel so that he faced Gavin again. "Now sir, I would suggest we all get ourselves together so we can play nicely."

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by bull30548 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:41 pm

"Same goes for you and your men Sergeant. No need to have any 'friendly' fire accidents right?" Giving a salute that turns into a wave he turns around and jogs to the APC. "God I hate local security they are assholes whereever you go." Muttering to himself as he comes around the APC seeing Konterran and Khan just standing around jawing. "Gentlemen didn't a few people give you an order or two a moment ago. I don't think he meant let your guard down and take a break. So move it people I want the ordinance ready to go when we get going. This is probably going to be a short hop so you won't have time to do it while flying." Climbing into the APC he hands out the cold weather gear and begins putting it on.
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
"Easy Eights"

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:38 pm

"Just enjoying the scenery Jones." Khan said sarcasticly, he rubbed the cigarette out on tha APC once again, and jumped in.

He set his armor and weapons down, and began to don the artic gear, thermal pants and coat, shoe spikes and gun wrappings. He remembered some moron in boot asking if the guns get cold? Of couse they did, but this was mainly to keep the snow out of parts in shouldnt be in. He took off his cover and replaced it with a skullcap. Afterwards he rechecked his normal gear and placed it over everything else.

"Jones can we get the hell out of here? I'm already sweating with all this shit on."
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:11 pm

Morrison downloaded the satellite image of the complex they where heading to to his personal data assistant.

"Ok, Lt Col. I'll see you in a few days." Morrison said to the short, stout man opposite him "I'll make sure sergeant Honeysett comes in here before we leave."

Morrison then walked out to the rest of the platoon, some of them dressed for winter conditions, others still in their standard BDU's.
"Delta Dogs!" Morrison shouted, of the top of his lungs "gather round me, I've got some info for you!"

When everyone had huddled up around him, he lowered his voice: "Alright men- we're going to go down to the southern hemisphere, and investigate the dissapperances of one-thousand colonists and researchers. I've got a hunch that I don't like, and that hunch says bugs." Morrison paused, and let out a nervous laughter "See... these things are... are.. fast, about our size, ruthless, and extremely good at CQB. Con, myself, Green, and Smiles have all met these things before- and we had to sign documents of secrecy... but I think it's time that you all get to know what we might be up against out there- if I'm wrong, just forget you ever heard me say this- like I just said, they are tough opponents, they ca be killed, thou- they're not bulletproof. They have acid for blood, and don't really show in IR- and they seem to build hives... within these hives they are almost impossible to spot- unless they want to be seen..." Morrison paused and looked over his Marines. "You can stop thinking I'm full of shit right about now. Smiles, Con, Green- you got any additional info you want to tell the men about this?" He added.

LcCpl Conrad Heart

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Tarik moved out of the APC and huddled up with the LT in a circle
Khan listened closely to what the LT had to say.." This guys had one to many cryotube failures....Giant man eating bugs? Hives?..." he thought. Tarik didn't want to believe what he was hearing..but by the look on the LT and the rest of the vets faces he could tell he wasn't bullshitting. beads of sweat ran down Khans face and he was constatly wiping.

"Morrison I'll rip right through these things sir, how do we prevent collateral damage..acid for blood and all?" Tarik asked very nonchalantly he already knew the answer..

it's always darkest before it goes completely black..
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:00 pm

Pointing at the stump where his finger once was Jacob agreed "I can certainly vouch for the acidic blood they have...I just want to add in - don't play the hero against these things...odds are you'll lose, we lost 2 nearly 4 marines in the mission we met them" He remembered hauling Jim's body to the APC after the alien had attacked him, and the bug that had latched onto Nick's face...then there was Gagarin who they'd never found...and Zarb who'd had his head stoved in by the tail of one of those creatures...

Shuddering he looked back at the platoon "Utmost caution, the lot of you - and when we're inside, check the floors walls and ceiling, anywhere is fair game for them to attack you from."

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:35 pm

Atypicalkiller wrote:"Morrison I'll rip right through these things sir, how do we prevent collateral damage..acid for blood and all?" Tarik asked very nonchalantly he already knew the answer...

Morrison shook his head.

"No. Like smiles said- don't hold back at all. Fuck collateral damage. You are more important to me then some building. If something goes wrong, the brass will come for my ass, not yours, so just don't take any chances."
LcCpl Conrad Heart

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by bull30548 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:47 am

"Hey can I get a clarification on what exactly our mission objectives are. Ok we think there are bugs out there they aren't exactly the friendliest of critters. We have over 1000 colonists go missing more than likely because of said bugs. Lets make a leap in logic bugs plus colonists equals lots of dead people. Can we agree we run into any of those big evil things in there we bug out and blast the sight from the safety of APCs and Dropships. Then we get back on our big old boat up there and vaporize the site from orbit. How does that sound LT sounds a hell of a lot better than walking into an ambush.' Jones is sweating and perhaps not just from the winter gear. From the sound of his voice he is definantly less than thrilled.

Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
"Easy Eights"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:04 am

bull30548 wrote:"Hey can I get a clarification on what exactly our mission objectives are. Ok we think there are bugs out there they aren't exactly the friendliest of critters. We have over 1000 colonists go missing more than likely because of said bugs. Lets make a leap in logic bugs plus colonists equals lots of dead people. Can we agree we run into any of those big evil things in there we bug out and blast the sight from the safety of APCs and Dropships. Then we get back on our big old boat up there and vaporize the site from orbit. How does that sound LT sounds a hell of a lot better than walking into an ambush.' Jones is sweating and perhaps not just from the winter gear. From the sound of his voice he is definantly less than thrilled.
Laughing weakly, Jacob looked up at the sky, imagining how easy an airstrike would be...

"Hell no Wrench, we're in on foot. I mean there are civilians in there, and for some reason their lives are worth more than ours - so we aren't allowed to finish this mission off in safety. It won't be an ambush Jones, think of it more as sticking your hand in a wasps nest...it's our job to die - why not here marines?" Looking around he tried to catch each marine's eye and hold their stare.

Not trying to hide the fact that he was looking forward to this mission about as much as a slug looks forward to salt, he thought it important to gauge each marine's reaction to the mission himself.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:37 am

"Well fuck..." Tarik blurted out to no one in particular, but could tell everyone was listening. "What are we waiting for then let's get us some bugs.." he said in a more upbeat tone.

The worry in his eyes had washed away with the hope that maybe they were wrong, maybe they had jumped the gun on this one. No one would know for sure till they arrived. Even if they were wrong, this surely would keep them at full alert. Tarik knew he didn't have an itchy trigger finger, but he definatly was a little jumpier than usual. He'd keep his cool as he always does, he'd handle this like anything else. He'd seen bugs before, not like this but big ones at least as big as any full sized dog. He lit a cigarette, and looked around as his fellow marines. Most of them younger than himself, but all of them ready to die. Khan had been this way always, he didn't embrace death, but it did look forward to it as the final great adventure. it will come....and I'll waiting..
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:46 am

"Idiots" Con said to the rest of the marines "these arent some little ant's we can just step on, this is harcore shit."
"we lost good maries last time we faced these things and i do NOT want a bunch of cowboys running in to this nest and getting us all killed. Just remeber, we are marines not bug exterminators"

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:18 pm

Looking around he tried to catch each marine's eye and hold their stare.

Not trying to hide the fact that he was looking forward to this mission about as much as a slug looks forward to salt, he thought it important to gauge each marine's reaction to the mission himself.
Joe's eyes met with Morrison's intense stare. Joe appeared naively confident. He couldn't figure how a mission to kill bugs would be so bad, but the way the veterans were acting was discomforting. Then Joe's mind started to wander... a hive, giant bugs, swarms, acid blood... maybe this wasn't going to be as easy as he thought.

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Delta Dogs: First campaign”