Turn 4: Onward and Southward.

The first delta dogs campaign. Terminated.
tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:21 pm

What the fuck are you talking about..? And why are you talking to me like that? Dont forget im First Private. Said Green almost snarling to the little guy.
Joe was taken slightly aback by Green's harsh tone. "Geez... I'm talking about how they tell us put on the winter gear, then they tell us take it off... it just doesn't seem like we're on the same page." After some uncomfortable silence Joe finished, "Nevermind. Forget I said it."
the final blow connected and stars exploded in Con's head as Morrison's right fist landed a jarring blow to the his chin.
Joe stood there slack jawed and surprised. He couldn't believe what he just saw. He quickly looked around to see if there were any onlookers hoping that none of the locals had seen this spectacle.

It was at that moment that Joe remembered he had caught Con trying to pick his pocket back on the ship. Joe looked at his unconscious squad leader, shook his head and sighed, "Looks like this time you picked from the wrong person."
PFC Altair raced over to the man, his medical skills coming to play. He turned and looked at the LT, "Sir, he is unconcious."
"But is he going to be alright?"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Re: Fight Between the Ranks

Post by Jocke » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:49 pm

Pale Rider wrote:PFC Altair raced over to the man, his medical skills coming to play. He turned and looked at the LT, "Sir, he is unconcious."

Morrison looked down at the miserable heap of a human crumpled up at the toes of his boots.

"Wake him up. Use smelling salt, good ju-ju, or whatever the fuck it is that you do, just get that man on his feet." Morrison snarled.

He then backtracked, found the small can of dip, and picked it up. Looking over the platoon as he inserted a lump.

"Let that be a lesson for all of you. Brothers do not steal from each other." Morrison made eye contact with all of the new recruits "I know Con. Hell, I even like him, but that conduct is unacceptable! If any of you decides to steal, ever again, I will monkeystomp you so hard your grandkids will feel it!" Morrison was pacing back and forth infront of the platoon "the Delta Dogs are professional badasses! Let's act that way! Now get the fuck out of my face!"

Morrison then walked back to the old farmer and smiles.

"Smiles, like I said, make sure the little runts get fed, and take over for Con, til he wakes up. Try and instill some corps values into them. Brotherhood, camaraderie, why the Delta Dogs are the hardest, and best damn strikeplatoon in the entire CMC."

Morrison then removed his helmet, and wiped his brow before putting it on, and once again smiled at the old farmer.

"Excuse me rushing off like that, I had something to attend to."
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Re: Fight Between the Ranks

Post by Apachetear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:45 pm

Jocke wrote: "Smiles, like I said, make sure the little runts get fed, and take over for Con, til he wakes up. Try and instill some corps values into them. Brotherhood, camaraderie, why the Delta Dogs are the hardest, and best damn strikeplatoon in the entire CMC."
Looking on at the assault impassively, Jacob heard that he was standing in for Con and being sarge.

"Ok, settle down, I want 2 men to walk 'n' talk - keep an eye out for anything awry. I'll be one of those men and..." Jacob looked around, and saw the marine that had tried to pair himself with Green "Joe...come with me - we'll walk and talk for a while, make sure everything's ok. Everyone else sit up, have a brew and a bite to eat why not. As for the instilling marine cameraderie in you and why we're the hardest and best strikeplatoon, wait until we're in combat - you'll see why we're the hardest and best. Camaraderi - I want you all to sit down and get on like you've known each other all your life - that's an order" Laughing quietly to himself he wandered over to Con...

Looking down at Con's unconscious body, Jacob grinned and picked him up, hoisting his dead weight with only the slightest display of strain. Laying him in some shade quite carefully he then noticed a slight nosebleed Con was developing, dabbing his finger against the trickle of blood - he daubed a small smily face on his armour, then almost as an afterthought he used what was left of the quickly stopping nosebleed to draw an arrow and write the word 'Con' next to the face.

Standing back up he grinned to himself and lit a cigarette "Altair, wake the kid up, tell him we'll have a chat when I get back - and it isn't going to involve my fists."

Sidling up alongside Joe "Come on marine, lets walk 'n' talk - how're you finding the dogs so far?"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:12 pm

Sidling up alongside Joe "Come on marine, lets walk 'n' talk - how're you finding the dogs so far?"
Matching pace with Jacob, Joe replied, "Pretty good, sir.... but I can't help being anxious. This is different from anything else I've done, and I’m not quite sure what to expect."

Joe looked down and watched his boots kick up a small dust cloud from the dirt. He raised his look back to Jacob and chuckled, "I'm just trying to do my best to not screw up."

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:18 pm

Tarik had gotten out of his snow gear but he kept the skull cap on, it was much more comfortable to have a little cushion around his headgear. Stepping out of the APC was like stepping out into a late night horror flick, middle of nowhere check, deserted houses and cars check, creepy old german guy check. He didn't like the look and feel of the entire situation he wasn't sure if his imagination was getting the best of him. He surveyed the area, and refused the offer from the Man for food and drink. Tarik let out an erie whistle as he walked around. He gulped down some water from a canteen, and soon after lit a cigarette.

This mission so far had been strange, people missing, the threat of bugs, and this new crew seemed to have some issues it needed to work out. This had been made obvious when the LT sacked the Lance Coporal and commenced a standard ass whooping. Khan did not like theives at all, he had an issue with one in boot, and delt with it accordingly. He understood the LT's reasoning and didn't seemed bother by the attack at all. Serves him right... Tarik blew out smoke from his nose as he spoke.

"Altair looks like all that medical training is going to be useful after all"

Khan smiled in approval at the LT but then quickly moved his attention elsewhere. As he walked up to Honeysett.

"What are we doing here again exactly? This doesn't look like any lab to me Sarge"
[/i]
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:23 pm

tarpshack wrote: Matching pace with Jacob, Joe replied, "Pretty good, sir.... but I can't help being anxious. This is different from anything else I've done, and I’m not quite sure what to expect."

Joe looked down and watched his boots kick up a small dust cloud from the dirt. He raised his look back to Jacob and chuckled, "I'm just trying to do my best to not screw up."
"Believe it or not this is only my sixth mission, 2 with a company that got disbanded because my sarge was betraying us - giving plans to the enemy, 3 with the eights, one storming a house of cultists...my first real blooding in my mind - the other two missions were full of ambushes and retreats - and then the one on the ship with those bugs, a training mission that went wrong, and this one..." Pausing Jacob lit another cigarette "You smoke?" He asked, offering the packet...

"A healthy dose of paranoia is good for you, lets you look at all the angles, but don't over-worry y'know, then you'll panic when something does go wrong."

Pausing Jacob reached the point of conversation he'd been aiming to reach "Y'know Green, he's not the same guy after those bugs - he don't trust a soul except Nick in the eights and myself, and I'm not sure how much he'd trust me to be honest. Between you and me he looks like he's edging this mission with a desire to die - and that isn't healthy, nor is it good luck for those around him...he's your squaddie so look after him - but don't follow him into a hail of fire or claws..."

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:01 pm

"Y'know Green, he's not the same guy after those bugs - he don't trust a soul except Nick in the eights and myself, and I'm not sure how much he'd trust me to be honest. Between you and me he looks like he's edging this mission with a desire to die - and that isn't healthy, nor is it good luck for those around him...he's your squaddie so look after him - but don't follow him into a hail of fire or claws..."
Joe shook his head 'No', silently turning down the cigarettes then spoke up, "Yeah. He doesn't say much, so he's hard to read. I'm just trying to shorten my time as 'the new guy', but everyone's already got someone they trust."

After a short moment of self-reflection Joe blurted, "But I'm not complaining. It all comes with the territory I suppose.â€

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:12 pm

Grinning Jacob coughed heartily "How does it feel having a sarge who's a year younger than you and six missions more grizzled?" Jacob was enjoying this chat, it was refreshing to not have the world weary and the paranoid looking around every corner for death...

though

death could be just over the horizon

"Lets keep a bit of an eye out for contact too, might as well at least look like we're doing our job..."

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:16 pm

Atypicalkiller wrote:
"What are we doing here again exactly? This doesn't look like any lab to me Sarge"
"What are we doing here? We're making a pitstop to eat and rest before we die my friend! Either die here or in comfort and happiness in old age" Said Jacob cheerfully, as Tarik caught up the pair who had started on patrol with "It's all up to how you guys do on this mission how you'll be spending your final moments..."
Last edited by Apachetear on Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by HeavyGlenn » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:27 pm

Over at his spot Ronald sat down and sighed happily, he drank a bit of his water and then pulled his pistol, loading and cleaning it, lookin around and guarding as he fooled around.

//Are we outside? Inside? I dont get anything at all..
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:32 pm

//we're outside so far as I can tell - by the APC, everyone but me and Tarpshack is chilling and getting food etc, me and Tarp are patrolling and Altair should be trying to wake Con up...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:31 pm

Grinning Jacob coughed heartily "How does it feel having a sarge who's a year younger than you and six missions more grizzled?"
Smiling at Jacob's friendly demeanor, Joe answered, "I'd imagine leaders with experience is a good thing, right? But I hadn't given a thought about your age until just now. So, I guess it doesn't really bother me at all."
"Lets keep a bit of an eye out for contact too, might as well at least look like we're doing our job..."
Joe nodded, "Right... our job," he echoed as he started paying attention to his surroundings and scanning the area as they walked and talked.

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Altair » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:04 pm

Altair didn’t have the time to listen to an answer from his friend; hearing the strange sounds from outside of the APC the boy looked outside just in time to see the leader of the first squad to go down, hitting the vehicle with his head in the process. Altair winced, hoping that the helmet would do the work and save the man from any possible head injury. Quickly removing the harness, which kept him in his seat the boy rushed to fallen comrade. The skills and knowledge came to him instantly almost naturally. At first glance the man looked unconscious, but just in case the boy went through the standard medical routine of assessing the patient’s life signs. Taking a flashlight from one of the many pockets the boy used it to check the reaction of the pupils but that only revealed, that his first assessment was correct - the marine was out cold.

"Sir, he is unconscious."
"Wake him up. Use smelling salt, good ju-ju, or whatever the fuck it is that you do, just get that man on his feet." Morrison snarled.
“Understoodâ€
Pvt. Altair Konterran

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:14 pm

Bullshit!.. Tarik didn't say it aloud but the look on his face was enough. Pitstop my ass... Tarik didn't like this at all, it didn't make sense to him. Once last glimpse of pseudo happiness.. Tk almost preffered Gavin Jones' Hardass approach maybe he would of pressed on and finished this mission already. If he was going to die he might as well get the shit out of the way. TK in the most intense situations kept his cool, it was the lack of pressure that annoyed him the most.

He wasn't throwing a tantrum but he turned sharply away from Honeysett . He took a long drag off his cigarette finishing it and flicked it off into some mud, as he irritatedly marched back towards the others.Tarik wasn't exactly in a hurry to get to Hell but he definately didn't like the purgatory they were in now.[/i]
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Delta Dogs: First campaign”