Night on the Farm

The first delta dogs campaign. Terminated.
Pale Rider
Major

Night on the Farm

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:12 pm

Date: 10th November, 2080AD, 11:15UT
Operation: Zenus Mishap
Mission timer: 10:00

2nd Lt Morrison, Sergeant Honeysett, Lance Corporals Jones and Alexander, Sergeant Fields (Local Militia) and Medic Altair follow the German in to his home at the orders of Morrison. The German turns to face the group as the step up onto the porch.
“My name is Axel Kreutz, and I would appreciate it if you would leave your weapons at the door. My house is too small for such things.â€
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Night on the Farm

Post by Apachetear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:07 pm

"Thankyou Axel, but I'd prefer not to drink on mission" Jacob politely refused the beer, though it did look awfully tempting.

Still, he tucked into the food modestly, and when he'd eaten his fill he sat back "is it ok for me to smoke in here?"

He looked at the son "Ernst, when in the milita did you serve under the LT. Colenol in New Hessenau?"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Night on the Farm

Post by Jocke » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:45 am

"Smiles- you're allowed to drink, but not get drunk." Morrison said, beore grabbing a bottle himself.

Morrison had his portion of the food, and was sipping on the homebrew- it was alot better then the homebrew he remembered his father making in the basement.

"Axel- what do you mean with the fields? They're completely naked?" Morrison inserted some post-dinner dip, before continuing "my men are equipped for night fighting- as is the Sergeant's "Morrison gestured at the militia NCO "Fields, Smiles- perhaps we should set up a perimeter. Standard hedgehog, or box. What do you think?"

LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Night on the Farm

Post by Apachetear » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:53 am

"Hedgehog gets my vote. APC with a gunner center of the circle, perimeter controlled by the militia and one squad of our guys, then switch to our other squad...I don't think that the militia will be feeling too sleepy. Nor will I, I'll stay the whole night out there - make sure it's all peachy..."

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Night on the Farm

Post by Atypicalkiller » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:51 am

Khan hadn't recieved any orders to do so but he posted up just outside the house, he set his M56 down but glanced at his sidearm. He lit another smoke as he leaned up against the wall. It was starting to cool off, with the sun going down. He felt a little embarassed about his earlier actions. It wasn't that he couldn't use the rest and relaxation. He had just expected it to come after the mission. The familiarity also had added a slight annoyance factor. He remembered this house like so many others, this wasn't the exact house but it might as well had been.

His head was begining to hurt immensely. He squeezed his eyes tight and rubbed his forehead. When he opened them again He saw everything in yellow, Fires burning people screaming, and the sound of gunfire growing closer, he saw his father screaming for him to run and a large shadowy figure walking through the fire Tarik couldn't make out who it was but it felt as if he had met this monster that was ripping his colony to shreds. He stepped closer and Tarik almost could make out his face..Oww Shit..

Tarik looked down he had burned his arm with the cherry of his cigarette.
He looked around again there they were at the Germans farm, everything was safe again the headache was gone. Maybe I will have a beer after all Khan chuckled to himself..and wiped the cold sweat from his forehead.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Night on the Farm

Post by Altair » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:48 pm

After a few minutes of searching Altair found Tarik, but his friend was busy talking with one of the officers. Since his only friend was busy, the boy decided to have some rest and food, but his intentions were not long lived because not long after he settled down, Altair was ordered to follow the rest of the officers inside the house. The boy felt quite uncomfortable among the men, since all of them were superior, both in rank and experience. Taking one last look at the place he chose for his rest not long ago, Altair silently followed.

[quote]My name is Axel Kreutz, and I would appreciate it if you would leave your weapons at the door. My house is too small for such things.â€
Pvt. Altair Konterran

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Night on the Farm

Post by Atypicalkiller » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Slipping down the exterior wall Khan sat and watched as one by one the soldiers leaned thier weapons against the wall. He didn't like how easily they were disarmed. Hell if all it takes is some beer and brauts to disarm marines.. Khan smiled and laughed to himself. He was hungry but he wouldn't eat like the others, he ripped open an MRE and began his own little meal. He drank heavily from his canteen trying to water down the dry food as he swallowed. It tasted like shit and he was sure the food inside was much more filling and delicious. Oh well... Khan above all others kept his cool but with his recent case of visons he was letting his paranoia get the better of him.

He watched the horizon for a few moments then lit another cigarette. He stood up grabbed his M56 he didn't attach it to himself just held it solidly in one arm and began to wander off around the perimeter of the house.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Night on the Farm

Post by Jocke » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:59 am

Apachetear wrote:"Hedgehog gets my vote. APC with a gunner center of the circle, perimeter controlled by the militia and one squad of our guys, then switch to our other squad...I don't think that the militia will be feeling too sleepy. Nor will I, I'll stay the whole night out there - make sure it's all peachy..."

"Thank you for the food and beer, Mr and Mrs. Kreutz" Morrison said as he stood up "but you'll have to excuse us, as we have work to attend to. And since we're here, we're going to see just what is going on with your crop- I doubt anyone will manage to get away with your wheat tonight. Ernst, if it isn't too much trouble, could you please show me and the sergeant where the mines are?"

Adding to the large amount of dip in his mouth, Morrison looks over his men at the table.

"Smiles- it'll take more then one squad to cover this place properly. Jones- I want you to set up the APC so it's ready to help us- should we need the extra firepower. Con- if you haven't figured it out by now, I want to have a talk with you. Now get out of here, you lot have violated the Kreutz hospitality enough- and tell the guys to go condition one, understood?"

As Morrison stepped out in the evening breeze, he grabbed a pulserifle next to the door, and looked at it's serial number.

Not mine... he thought, picking up another for inspection.

"There you are, Betsy old gal..." he mumbled as he gripped his familiar old rifle, and cocked it.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Night on the Farm

Post by Apachetear » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:19 am

Reaching for his pulse rifle, Jacob spotted it easily. It still had dried blood over the barrel where he's held it when his finger had been severed. Though even if it had been clean he'd have known his own rifle anywhere...

Moving outside he sat down and, for a moment, pretended nothing was happening - he lay on his back and stared into the sky. just for a minute or two of solitude.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Night on the Farm

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:30 pm

During the Meal
He looked at the son "Ernst, when in the milita did you serve under the LT. Colenol in New Hessenau?"
"Oh, I not serve under new colonel. I serve under the old one some five years back. He was a real pig of a man. Was once a Colonial Marine, but lost both legs in combat and was reassigned here. This new colonel is something different, he does not interact very much with the marines in his unit."

"Axel- what do you mean with the fields? They're completely naked?"
"Ja, the fields are completely stripped of all the grains from the ground up. Anything spilt is removed. There is absolutely nothing remaining to be founded," Axel's thick German accent filled the air. He picked up his pipe and tamped out the ashes and refilled the pipe with a local tobacco. Lighting up, he dragged deeply on the stem, the bowl glowing a bright cherry red. When he expelled the smoke, he blew a smoke ring that drifted to the ceiling.

“Thank you for the food it is very delicious if I might say so Mrs …â€
GM

Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Night on the Farm

Post by Apachetear » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:16 pm

Pale Rider wrote:During the Meal

"Oh, I not serve under new colonel. I serve under the old one some five years back. He was a real pig of a man. Was once a Colonial Marine, but lost both legs in combat and was reassigned here. This new colonel is something different, he does not interact very much with the marines in his unit."
"Lost his legs...poor bastard...still, it's in his job description...thanks..." murmered Jacob

Turning to Sgt Fields he smiled "So, do you get on with the Colenol you have?"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Night on the Farm

Post by Altair » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:29 pm

“No thanks are necessary Mrs Kreuts it is but the honest truth.â€
Pvt. Altair Konterran

Pale Rider
Major

Night on the Farm

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Turning to Sgt Fields he smiled "So, do you get on with the Colenol you have?"
Sergeant Fields turned to face his counterpoint in the Colonial Marines, "The Colonel is a fair and just man and he does his job, making certain that all things are accounted for."
“No thanks are necessary Mrs Kreuts it is but the honest truth.â€
GM

Image Image Image

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Delta Dogs: First campaign”