Lights in the Sky and Rumbles in the Night

The first delta dogs campaign. Terminated.
Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:53 am

[quote=""StConstantine""]
"I...don't think...we should go in there...not tonight...what we faced before...I'm not facing a black foe in a blacker place...I don't want to die just yet...look at the back of the cave thing - it narrows down, I'm not walking into a bottleneck..." He tried to laugh, but his mouth was too dry.
[/quote]

Con nodded, his mind racing, why was it that every time he went on a mission there was always something around that was trying to kill him? He knew this was the army but even on the training mission some group tried to blow him up.
"I don’t know guys" he said to Honeysett and Morrison "all I know is this place doesn't feel right and if we camp here today, I am defiantly sleeping in one of the APCs, if we have to camp out here I doubt any of us will wake up tomorrow.â€
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:08 pm

"Hey Jones what's the scoop man? We staying here or pressing on?" Khan muttered out over the comms channel to his SL as he lit a cigarette.

Tarik watched closely as the others watched the tunnel, He knew better.
"You'll only find bears in a bear cave.." he said to himself. He wasn't sure what was in there and he could tell none of them knew. But surely you go into someone elses home uninvited they'll be reprecussions.

He smiled as he looked over to squad ones APC. Holy Shit! Squad ones smart gunner had a pistol pressed against his own head. A bead a sweat ran down Tarik's face as his jaw dropped losing his cigarette. He watched him pull the trigger and look confusingly at the gun.

"What the Fuck man? Are you ..." Tarik stopped himself from going any further he himself was having a had time adjusting to this mission but he wouldn't go this far.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tarpshack » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:21 pm

Joe couldn't even imagine what could possibly be awaiting him in a hole at the end of a blood trail, and he wasn't all that eager to find out either. Joe nodded to himself in agreement with Honeysett's suggestion, "NOT going in sounds good to me." Joe watched as some of the officers had a smoke or a drink while they decided what the next course of action would be.

Then, *click*, Joe ducked and swung his head around at the sound of the hammer drop.
Saying loudly "holy shit... It was a dud..." The gun still aimed against his temple.
Joe's jaw dropped in astonishment at having watched his squad mate’s failed suicide. Honeysett was obviously more right about Green's death wish than he even knew. Joe figured out right then that Green's problem wasn't only detrimental to his own health. It could spell trouble for the rest of them as well.

It made Joe raging mad, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?! What if that gun had gone off and alerted whatever's in that hole that we're here? Holy shit, man. If you've got to kill yourself, don't be so selfish to kill us all too!"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:37 pm

Pale Rider wrote: Freshly torn soil, lay piled around a hole in the bedrock before them. The opening measured fifteen meters by fifteen meters.

Looking at the hole, Morrison's jaw dropped.

that's one big goddamn hole... he thought, before snapping back into action.

"You ok there, Smiles?"

Morrison rubbed his forehead.

"Ok Marines! Jones, set up those sentryguns- I want that hole covered completely. Con- you provide security and overwatch while this is happening. Smiles is right. No need to go in before daylight- atleast then we have a modicum of an advantage. Once we're set up, I want you lot to rest. Now haul ass! You know the routine!"

(OOC: For all of you non-metric types out there- 15x15 meters is roughly 55x55 ft. )
LcCpl Conrad Heart

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:50 pm

Laughs a bit and reloads his gun, smiling a bit, he realyl couldnt stop laughing or giggling and wipes his eyes. "wow... This is awesome, I mean how big is the chance huh?" He grinned softly, not giving a damn that the others were angry.
an Donaldson

wrathboyne
Private

Post by wrathboyne » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:23 pm

James reports back, " We have a faint motion signal northwest of our current postion." (pause)

James considers turning off the motion finder because he knows any enemy may be able to zoom in on their location from his signal.

"Should I turn off the tracker?"

[Tag Alexander]

James begins doing a ready check on all the comunication equipment.

After completing the ready check it occurs to him....

"Dammit, I should have thought about taking a look at the towns com equipment/main frame." "There may have been some vital infomration we could have gleamed." "I could try to hack into it remotely"

OOC: GM roll?

[Tag Alexander]
Last edited by wrathboyne on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vt. James Wrathboyne
First Squad, "Hell Hounds", Medic
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 9th Platoon

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:27 pm

Tarik walked up to Green got right in his face and smiled.
Khan kept his voice at an intimidating whisper.
"Listen asshole if you want to die, go ahead and walk down that hole"
he points over to the casym without looking.
" but for fucks sake quit wasting ammo on your own damn self. Grow up you piece of shit...I don't have a problem with you dying just don't fucking waste anymore of my time...if I see you aim that gun at yourself again, I'll just take you out myself..." Tarik took a long drag off his cigarette and blew towards Green.

SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:48 pm

Green frowned and looked over Jacob and the others, he sighed and then tried slamming the gun into Tariks face, growling with anger. Screaming at him "Dont fucking blow smoke in my face you damnful woman, I just friggin survived and now you want to give me cancer!?"
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:58 pm

Jocke wrote:"You ok there, Smiles?"
"Yeah, just a bit of a flashback that's all - remembering that mission again..." Smiled Jacob weakly...

he didn't say what mission, but it was obvious which one he meant....

catching a snippet of conversation, Jacob whirled round
Atypicalkiller wrote: "Listen asshole if you want to die, go ahead and walk down that hole"
He caught a glimpse of Tarik blowing cigarette smoke at Green, and already he was moving...only to see Green swing his gun to club Tarik.

He moved in and after Green had made his move with the gun (OOC: Miss or hit he does the same thing) he launched at the two of them, and attempted to floor them both as quickly and as painlessly as possible

(OOC: Roll on Brawl, Melee AND Martial Arts here chuck ;-))

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

wrathboyne
Private

Post by wrathboyne » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:02 pm

OOC: If I am aware and had a visual of the altercation as I was going about my duty I will rush over an attempt to restrain Green.

Wrath shouts , "Pull it together. This is no time to get stupid."

OOC: If not, upoun hearing the commotion I will rush over with my side arm drawn expecting trouble.

Wrath calls out, "What is it!?..... following action will depend what I see.
vt. James Wrathboyne
First Squad, "Hell Hounds", Medic
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 9th Platoon

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:43 am

James considers turning off the motion finder because he knows any enemy may be able to zoom in on their location from his signal.

"Should I turn off the tracker?"
"No" Con said facing the marine "Leave it on, i want to know when whatever it is gets here."
He caught a glimpse of Tarik blowing cigarette smoke at Green, and already he was moving...only to see Green swing his gun to club Tarik.
Quickly turning to Morrison Con spoke "This is not happing in this squad again, come on mate, lets stop this before it starts"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:58 am

StConstantine wrote:Quickly turning to Morrison Con spoke "This is not happing in this squad again, come on mate, lets stop this before it starts"

"Take him down." Morrison's concentration was focused on the opening ahead, not on the antics of a psychologically overstressed Marine.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Altair » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:32 am

we did find people who had been taken and been...embedded in the walls of their lair, but we observed the result and not the method as it were...if that's anything to work with..."
Altair didn’t reply, he was already deep in his thoughts, just as he observed the bloody tracks, made by someone, or something unknown and very dangerous. The motion tracker revealed nothing out of ordinary, whatever has made the carnage was now far away just at the edge of the sensors.
"Hey kid what the hell you doing?" Tarik barked at Altair. Khan knew exactly what Altair was doing but he was trying to hint to him. If you have a motion sensor in your good hand you sure as hell better keep that Pulse rifle in your offhand.
Khan's look said it all.

“Sorry…â€
Pvt. Altair Konterran

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Atypicalkiller » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:28 pm

Khan felt the Sarge tackle him with one arm and collapsed to the ground. Tarik grinded his teeth, and looked hatefully at Green. This son of a bitch has it coming and he doesn't even know it. Tarik thought vendictively. He rubbed the side of the head where he'd been hit and stood up. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" he jerked away from whoever was trying to help him up "I'm fine...".

Khan just turned away he'd get his revenge later....and for now he'd already done what he'd set out to do...stop this fool from blowing his brains out....he lit another cigarette and took a deep breathe...his natural intentions would of been to merc this guy right here and now...but they needed him..and Khan knew he was instigating it all...anything to get this guys mind off of giving himself the home version of a labotamy..Tarik smiled at Green and gave him the finger shortly after..
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:09 pm

Atypicalkiller wrote:Khan felt the Sarge tackle him with one arm and collapsed to the ground. Tarik grinded his teeth, and looked hatefully at Green. This son of a bitch has it coming and he doesn't even know it. Tarik thought vendictively. He rubbed the side of the head where he'd been hit and stood up. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" he jerked away from whoever was trying to help him up "I'm fine...".

Khan just turned away he'd get his revenge later....and for now he'd already done what he'd set out to do...stop this fool from blowing his brains out....he lit another cigarette and took a deep breathe...his natural intentions would of been to merc this guy right here and now...but they needed him..and Khan knew he was instigating it all...anything to get this guys mind off of giving himself the home version of a labotamy..Tarik smiled at Green and gave him the finger shortly after..
"Marine!" Yelled Jacob, At Khan's retreating figure, after he'd dusted himself off "Get your ass back here quicksharp!"

He was fuming, he'd just witnessed something near a fight starting out, and while he was aware using violence to end violence hadn't been that necessary - it should have made a point.

Turning to Green he looked angry, how could a marine he'd trusted so implicitly in his first mission been so daft as to try to strike another marine?

"Green, just what the fuck are you doing? If you want to die that's not my problem, but do it on your own time unless your KIA! If I see any rash actions from you again there'll be serious trouble, understand?" Jacob fumed, and didn't offer to help the big guy up. Turning his attention to Khan he glowered.

"And you, provocation is not the answer, you wanna square off against someone in future it better be a fuckin' enemy or me if you want a fight that badly. If I see that again I'll happily shoot you in the gut, understood?!? If Green's trying to shoot himself - you just let him try and Me or the LT will deal with it, you're not in command here - your job is to serve and die...not to start infighting and bring this platoon's overall effectiveness down - do I make myself crystal?"

Breathing deeply, Jacob lowered his voice and addressed both of them at once

"Now, I'm not going to make you shake hands because you aren't bloody 5 year olds. But you will be a fireteam, you will fight our enemies and not each other. You won't start shit with each other - like I said, want a fight just a polite request and you can go toe to toe with me - and a word to the wise, I don't fight clean. Now go and get those sentry guns set them up, follow orders, get some grub, settle down and think about they myriad ways you're gonna die when we go down that hole instead, and believe me - if you two don't go together like peaches and cream down there - you will die. And more importantly to me - I might. And my life - to me at least, is more valuable than both of yours combined! Now, Green - give me the pistol and Tarik, you've lost your smoking privelages until you can learn not to blow smoke at marines, so stub that out!"

Jacob turned on his heel and walked back to Morrisson, not casting a backwards glance at the marines. He felt he'd been overly harsh - but hey, it was the image he wanted...a nice guy until you pissed him off. Your best friend if you were on the right side of him...

"You think that 2 sentry guns will suffice? Oh, and can we put the APC's headlights shining down that hole so we can see a bit further or at least see if anything starts moving?"

(OOC: PR - Roll on my Discipline Command Skill if you'd be so kind...intimidation too why not)

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Delta Dogs: First campaign”