Turn Two - Two Day Pass

The 5th campaign.
bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by bull30548 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:32 pm

Just as he leaves the command meeting he watches Roberts walk out of the building seeming a bit down. Following him discreetly he watches as the young man checks in to a hotel room. Asking for Roberts room number he goes up and knocks on the door. "Private Roberts, it's me Corporal Jones think we could talk for a minute?"
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:54 pm

[quote=""bull30548""]Just as he leaves the command meeting he watches Roberts walk out of the building seeming a bit down. Following him discreetly he watches as the young man checks in to a hotel room. Asking for Roberts room number he goes up and knocks on the door. "Private Roberts, it's me Corporal Jones think we could talk for a minute?"
[/quote]

The door unlocked after a few seconds. "Yes Sir, absolutely. What do you need?" he said. His eyes were red, and he was trying his best to look like he was enjoying himself some, but he didn't think it was working. "I have the next few hours free before my friends get back. And I have nothing else to do anyways."
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by bull30548 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:44 pm

Motioning us into the room for no other purpose than to let Roberts gather himself more. "Sorry for sounding so formal just then you can call me Wrench for now. Listen this isn't really my realm and your not even in my squad. You do however seem really upset about something and I thought you might want to talk about it." Motioning for him to take a seat wherever Jones sits in a chair near the door.

"Or perhaps maybe you just need to listen to a story. Not too long ago I was a good looking guy out to prove I was best of the best. I was sent out on a training mission pretty cocky. Ask Morrison I was a pretty big smartass on that mission. However when it got down to the nitty gritty I had a similar experience you did. My partner and me got hit by some live fire on our way in to clear a building. Man I was screaming and yelling so was my partner and... it was just all around bad. Thing of it was I got it together enough to drag myself and my partner out just before the other squads bombarded that building with bullets and APC. I am still here so is the other guy I think he might of got discharged. I just wanted you to know you did nothing wrong out there as far as I can tell. To be honest nobody expects us to withstand the onslaughts of hell. We just need to give a good accounting of ourselves." Leaning back in the chair to give Roberts a chance to think and respond.

Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
"Easy Eights"

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by Dugan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:18 pm

Dugan changed into his civvies and headed out of the barracks towards the bank. When he reached there he transfered the majority of his wages to his parents account, hopefully this would be enough to keep them fed and the protection rackets off their backs.

He then wondered what he would do for the next 48 hours. He'd seen the way Roberts had been going on recently, but to be honest he didn't really know how to deal with emotional problems like that, he was having enough troubles sorting himself out. His hand reached into his pocket and he pulled out a morphine administer, he'd swore to himself he'd only use it if he had more of the nightmares. Maybe it was time to try and seak guidance, Dugan made his way towards the local Church and decided to sit in quite prayer, to try and seek some answers to all the questions that were racking his tired brain.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by Hunk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:38 pm

[quote=""S. Collins""]"Alright... too bad you are not joining us, Eric. See ya..."

Sean caught attention of the JD bottle making its turn. He grabbed the bottle before Fox totally wasted it. Sean took a good swig as well and handed the bottle back to Fox. Sean gasped pleasantly, feeling the harsh taste burn down his throat.
I got an idea, since im already a little tipsy...lets do our tactical formation from boot camp to the strip club!
Sean laughed, as he heard that stupid idea. But that was exactly the kind of bullshit they could need right now, to forget what layed ahead of them. They just shouldn't get too out of hand - or they might see a cell for the rest of their vacation. But for now...
"Tactical formation to the strip club... I take the lead, you guys cover... and then charge! Woohooo!" Sean cheered and started taking the lead running without any sense at all.
[/quote]

Roger that collins, fox got into position and pretended he had a pulse rifle in his hands. I got you're back collins. He emptied the last shot in the bottle, to his mouth, and pitched it.

Bar First women later! He caught up by running.
Last edited by Hunk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:20 am

[quote=""Hunk""]Roger that collins, fox got into position and pretended he had a pulse rifle in his hands. I got you're back collins. He emptied the last shot in the bottle, to his mouth, and pitched it.

Bar First women later!
[/quote]

"Roger that guys" Dirk said to his old squad " I got the rear. Just keep sending women and shots back to me"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:29 am

[quote=""bull30548""]Motioning us into the room for no other purpose than to let Roberts gather himself more. "Sorry for sounding so formal just then you can call me Wrench for now. Listen this isn't really my realm and your not even in my squad. You do however seem really upset about something and I thought you might want to talk about it." Motioning for him to take a seat wherever Jones sits in a chair near the door.

"Or perhaps maybe you just need to listen to a story. Not too long ago I was a good looking guy out to prove I was best of the best. I was sent out on a training mission pretty cocky. Ask Morrison I was a pretty big smartass on that mission. However when it got down to the nitty gritty I had a similar experience you did. My partner and me got hit by some live fire on our way in to clear a building. Man I was screaming and yelling so was my partner and... it was just all around bad. Thing of it was I got it together enough to drag myself and my partner out just before the other squads bombarded that building with bullets and APC. I am still here so is the other guy I think he might of got discharged. I just wanted you to know you did nothing wrong out there as far as I can tell. To be honest nobody expects us to withstand the onslaughts of hell. We just need to give a good accounting of ourselves." Leaning back in the chair to give Roberts a chance to think and respond.

[/quote]

"I uhh.. Th- thank you. It's.. it's not.. hmm." he thought what to say, and how much to tell him. "it's not that, the thing that.. I'm upset about.. happened before I joined. It's uh.. hard to talk about. I lost.. someone. I can deal with combat.. pain.. it all just feels numb nowadays. I lost so much, I just try not to think. I know some of the other marines are bothered by those.. xenomorphs. I just don't care, it feels awful to me, but not as bad as the things I think about every night."

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by StConstantine » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:30 am

Con sat with his back against a wall and pulled a package out of his pocket. Opening it slowly he found a dark red bandana and a note with the words “to an old friendâ€
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:47 am

Bojan hung around at the end of the officers' meeting that was held after the general briefing to finalise a few things with the Captain and was one of the last to leave. He headed straight for the local library to have a look at their new acquisitions as well as to read a good book in peace.

Bojan passed by Con, who had left the meeting earlier, on the way to the library and saw him holding a dark red bandanna that seemed familiar but couldn't place. He asked Con, "Where's that from?"

William Jones

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by - JR - » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:29 am

Still quiet, Jonsson walked slowly down the street, completely alone. He had changed out of his uniform and into a simple dark green shirt and pants. Despite the lessening of his image due to this, a machete still hung from his belt, and another was strapped across his back. He carried no visible firearm, but a combat knife and several smaller blades were visible on close inspection. He seemed to have no direction in mind, wandering apparently aimlessly through the streets, looking at nothing in particular. He appeared to be deep in thought, and he occasionally traced his fingers along the scars on either side of his face.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by Atypicalkiller » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:32 pm

After a long shower a lone cigarette and a long visit to the gym followed by another shower. Khan when the to commersary and to get himself a fresh haircut. Rubbing his hand over his freshly cut hair Khan headed to his barracks room. Opening his closet to find his neat pressed dress uniform. The private emblem still clean and pretty. He looked over to his BDU's dirty and torn, with the clean fresh Corporal emblem attached. Tarik turned at to his mirror hanging in the closet door. The full body mirror reveal Tarik Khan the 26 year old Muscle Marine. In better shape than most Tarik had bulked up as much and as often as possible. He threw on a pair of jeans his snakeskin cowboy boots and a white t-shirt. "damn you're too good looking to be a Marine" he said to the mirror grinning. He headed out for a night of drinking whoring and fighting. He saw Wrench leaving Roberts barracks room.

"ahh a booty call?" he said laughing " hey don't ask don't tell" he laughed some more. "Hey why don't you get cleaned up and I'll buy you a whore and a bottle..for my old squadie afterwards we can get the night really started." He smiled a friendly smile, a pseudo smile he tried to cover up the agony tearing away at his insides the demons that would keep him awake for the next few nights.

SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by bull30548 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:37 pm

"Ahhhh well a past can be a heavy thing to bear. The question is will the someone you lost truly want you to do so? I have lost a few men in my short stint as squad leader and I think of every one of them when I am able to. I just know however they wouldn't want me to dwell on their deaths or sacrifices they made. Especially if it made me feel guilty or unhappy because in a lot of ways that is dishonoring them. That's why I am going to do my best in every mission. I might come off as a smartass from time to time but that just me covering the concern. Anyway I understand a little bit what you are going through but not all of it. However your squadmates are going to need you through the thick and thin. Especially the thin.... that why I am going to go back to the barracks get changed and join them at the bar. Everybody needs some time off from their life past, present, or future. See ya around."

Waving he just slides out of the chair onto his feet and out the door. Going back tothe base then his room he changes into some civvies and gets directions to the nearest strip club. Catching Tarrik by the arm at the offer he walks him to the motor pool. Requistioning a jeep he hops in and drives down there.

"You can by me a bottle at the club and maybe a dance with a girl. Least you can do after wrecking one of my APC's. After that you might just be out of the shithole you are in. Especially after a few months of KP and Latrine duty."
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
"Easy Eights"

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by Hunk » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:36 pm

Nice chillen with you guys but i gotta make sure that Eric is doing fine. I'll pass on the strip club, you guys take it easy.

Fox looked sober when he walked out of the bar with two bottles of beer in his hands. He left the money on the table where they were sitting.got ready to stash them in his pockets if someone were to see him.

He nodded to Wrench as he passed him by in the hallway. fox didn't want to bother him by saying hello, Wrench looked like he needed a drink. He made it to the hotel room where Eric was staying, an knocked on the door.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
8th platoon Squad 3

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:52 pm

[quote=""bull30548""]"Ahhhh well a past can be a heavy thing to bear. The question is will the someone you lost truly want you to do so? I have lost a few men in my short stint as squad leader and I think of every one of them when I am able to. I just know however they wouldn't want me to dwell on their deaths or sacrifices they made. Especially if it made me feel guilty or unhappy because in a lot of ways that is dishonoring them. That's why I am going to do my best in every mission. I might come off as a smartass from time to time but that just me covering the concern. Anyway I understand a little bit what you are going through but not all of it. However your squadmates are going to need you through the thick and thin. Especially the thin.... that why I am going to go back to the barracks get changed and join them at the bar. Everybody needs some time off from their life past, present, or future. See ya around."

[/quote]

"Thanks Wrench. That means a lot. Yeah, I've been tryin' that, but it doesn't seem to be going very fast with me. Right now I'm content with the fact that I haven't killed myself as honor to her memory. But uh.. yeah, thanks."

Wrench left the room. Eric leaned back in his chair, shutting his eyes and sighing. He opened them and opened up his Bible again. He tried to read, but ended up looking at the picture again. Suddenly there was another knock on the door. He shut the tiny paper Bible, and said, "It's open, come in."

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Two - Two Day Pass

Post by Hunk » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:43 am

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]Wrench left the room. Eric leaned back in his chair, shutting his eyes and sighing. He opened them and opened up his Bible again. He tried to read, but ended up looking at the picture again. Suddenly there was another knock on the door. He shut the tiny paper Bible, and said, "It's open, come in."[/quote]

He opened the door hastily so no one inside could see him as Fox slid against the wall. Rolling an empty beer bottle in the room Fire in the hole!, pretending it was a grenade he came charging in, but slipped on the bottle while coming in. He fell onto his back sliding and hit his head into the wall.

Owww that hurt.Hoping that it would cheer up Eric, but messed it up cause he was tipsy. He paused for a moment an opened his second bottle of beer and began to drink, while he was laying on the ground.By the way that hurt.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
8th platoon Squad 3

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Exigo Campaign”