Out of the Pot and into the Fire

The 6th campaign.
Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Thu May 15, 2008 10:29 pm

Morse wrote:Morse heard what Erika said, and he thought for a second, he had a puzzled yet concerned look on his face and he said
Alright, Erika's set and ready to go, she's a had a bit of a psycho shock, but she'll be fine, she just wants to bugs, and i figure you guys could use a heavy gunner
<tag Erika, and the squad leader
Erika smiled and nodded, she did not need to say anything and she had a knot in her throat.

She did not like the idea to go back to that hell but she had no choice. So she decided to get some rest, get more ammunitions for all her weapons and she tried to figure out a way to carry even more that she had the latest time.

She could not look at Dirk's body... so she kept herself as busy as possible after having finished her power bar and some water.

She also decided to wash her out a little bit so she went to the toilet just to refresh herself.

When she looked in the mirror she barely recognized herself...

Many thoughts come to her mind, but she needed to get ready... she would have plenty of time to think on the way back home.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Thu May 15, 2008 10:31 pm

They were going back in. Again. By now, the whole operation seemed like a joke to Tyler. But it was still his job. As tired as he was of it, he carried on.

He went over to the dropship, and set down Dirk's pulse rifle inside. Just holding it felt awkward, it kept reminding him of what had just happened. Instead he picked up his old pulse rifle which he previously swapped for the flame unit.

Tyler took a full load of pulse rifle and VP-70 clips, putting them into his pouches before finally jamming a mag into each of his weapons. This time, Tyler took 6 buckshot rounds; 4 in the rifle, and 2 on the webbing. The remaining 8 grenades were incendiary.

It felt good to be fully loaded and holding his pulse rifle again. He made his way over to the group, in time to hear Dugan reassigning the marines to new squads. He made his way over to his squad.
ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Thu May 15, 2008 10:31 pm

((OOC: just out of curiousity, how the hell is there a toilet ON A SPACE STATION IN THE MIDDLE OF A HANGAR? Just curious :)))

Ward was ready. He checked his Pulse Rifle and all the ammunition and restocked on ammunition as well. He would definitely need it. The aliens were going to get a nasty surprise when he came down there with his Pulse Rifle. The most dangerous weapon in the galaxy is a Marine and his rifle. And he was going to prove to those xenomorphs why this was so true.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Thu May 15, 2008 10:39 pm

OOC: since space suits design take into consideration that the humans need to evacuate the waste in a different way according to their sex, I figured out that there should be a toilet in an hangar of a space station or in the spaceship there. Otherwise, it could be quite difficult for the people working there or traveling in the spaceship... I am sorry, but I do not think that it is possible to hold for more than 10 hours... but may be the Marines of the Recon units can do it since they are more than humans...
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Thu May 15, 2008 10:43 pm

Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do or die... the rhyme spunned around like a mantra in Morrison's head as he heard the new orders.

"Awright Marines" for once, Morrison didn't shout, "top up on ammo and other expendables. Stretchers, batteries, water- you know the drill. We will move out in 15, so get your asses in gear people."

Morrison then replaced his dip and attached his helmet to the combat webbing he was wearing in one strangely fluid motion. That's when he noticed
Sreaming-Eagle's familiar face.

"Finally let you out, huh?" Morrison said smiling at the man "keep an eye on Ward, this is his first drop."

Morrison then waited outside the bathroom until Hoffman exited, Morrison knew that a significant toll had been taken on the young Marine: "How are you holding up?" Morrison was about to spit, but stopped himself at the last second "I warned you both about this. I'm sorry, but for now you have to fight through this." he then slipped her something as he made his way past her into the bathroom.

(OOC: Toilets? Well... Astronauts wear diapers. Spacesuits have pee and poop bags. And, SF soldiers on Recon and snipers either piss and shit themselves, or when possible, poop in bags, and pee in jerrycans... which then are carried along with all their other gear. Glamorous as all hell.)
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Thu May 15, 2008 11:08 pm

Jocke wrote: Morrison then waited outside the bathroom until Hoffman exited, Morrison knew that a significant toll had been taken on the young Marine: "How are you holding up?" Morrison was about to spit, but stopped himself at the last second "I warned you both about this. I'm sorry, but for now you have to fight through this." he then slipped her something as he made his way past her into the bathroom.

Erika took it and looked at it and looked at the Lt.

The Lt seems to do not look at her.

She quickly hid it in her pocked and was surprised of the sensitive behavior of the Lt, how hell did he know?[/i]
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu May 15, 2008 11:46 pm

Eric was spacing off. After a few minutes he looked down to his arm, and saw Morse bandaging it up. Then he remembered the scar of the xenomorph grabbing him. It hadn't hurt, but now it was starting to sting. He supposed he must have been in shock. "It's broken too, that's what I meant. I can hold a gun with my arm cut." he said, then noticing his angry voice, he gave a weak smile to the medic. "And good job so far Private, keep it up."
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri May 16, 2008 4:49 am

Morse had never missed something like that before, he was amazed that he had.

He must have just been moving much to quickly to keep up with himself, he said

Oh shit, sorry bout that, let me set it
<tag Roberts

Morse imediatly began to set Roberts arm, and Morse realized, he was right, it was broken. But the good news was it wasnt like Winters leg, which was broken all over the place,

It was just on the cuts. Morse pulled out some heavier bandaging, and moved the bone from the outside of the arm so it would link together sort of. This would allow him to fire somewhat normally, the bandaging on the sides was very strong.

It would hold, but would definately need a better lookin at when they got back to the ship.

Alright, that'll hold, better then those bandades would anyway, but the second we get back to ship, im gonna get a better look at this arm, but atleast now you'll be able to shoot

<tag Roberts
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri May 16, 2008 10:25 am

Simovic boarded the dropship and entered the hold restocking his grenades, so he had eight incendiary on his webbing. He then swapped his flame unit for his old Pulse Rifle, loading another four incendiary grenades into it and lastly stuffed four spare magazines into his webbing pouches.

He then walked over to Roberts who was receiving first aid from Morse. "You ok to go back in Roberts? I'll make up the numbers in your squad as you are a man short".

Simovic waited for Roberts reply and then spoke to the young medic working on him "Morse whats the situation with the injured, who won't be able to go back out?"

[O.O.C I'd say it was highly likely there'd be a toilet somewhere in the hanger. Also Cpt. McCoy sent the message over the comms, he isn't actually on station with us].
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri May 16, 2008 1:09 pm

Morse looked back to Fox, and saw that his mussle re generation was working fairly quickly

Well, Winter's gotta have his Femur replaced, so he aint goin back, Fox's musle regeneration should be going for much longer, so i'd ask him, he'll just run a bit slower then ussual. Erika's fine... Fine she just got a bit of a shock when Dirk was killed, and Roberts here, well he's good, his arms just broken, but he can still fire his rifle. So all in all, I think Winter's the only one who's out. When we get back though, i want some of em to get to medical so i can properly fix all of em. Do you want me to stay here or go back in with ya

<tag Dugan
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri May 16, 2008 2:17 pm

[quote=""Jocke""]
Morrison then replaced his dip and attached his helmet to the combat webbing he was wearing in one strangely fluid motion. That's when he noticed
Sreaming-Eagle's familiar face.

"Finally let you out, huh?" Morrison said smiling at the man "keep an eye on Ward, this is his first drop."

[/quote]

"Yes sir. I guess they figured I might die and take care of their problem" He joked

"Ok first squad. On your feet. You heard the LT. Get ready."
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri May 16, 2008 2:26 pm

Eric moved his arm. It still hurt like hell, but he could hold a rifle now. When Dugan asked him if he could go back out he said, "Sir Yes Sir, I'll be fine. I've blanked my mind for now, I'm not thinking until we get back to the Costaguana. Besides, we need everyone to go back in if we're gonna save the boys." He looked at Morse, who had fixed his arm. "Thanks Morse."

He stood up and went back into the dropship and grabbed his pulse rifle. He weighted it on his broken arm. It hurt ten times worse when he held it, but he was operational.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri May 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks wrote:Eric moved his arm. It still hurt like hell, but he could hold a rifle now. When Dugan asked him if he could go back out he said, "Sir Yes Sir, I'll be fine. I've blanked my mind for now, I'm not thinking until we get back to the Costaguana. Besides, we need everyone to go back in if we're gonna save the boys."
"Thats good to hear, we need veterans out their thats for sure".

Morse wrote:
Well, Winter's gotta have his Femur replaced, so he aint goin back, Fox's musle regeneration should be going for much longer, so i'd ask him, he'll just run a bit slower then ussual. Erika's fine... Fine she just got a bit of a shock when Dirk was killed, and Roberts here, well he's good, his arms just broken, but he can still fire his rifle. So all in all, I think Winter's the only one who's out. When we get back though, i want some of em to get to medical so i can properly fix all of em. Do you want me to stay here or go back in with ya

[O.O.C Astroboy I've left it open if you want to carry on or not].
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Fri May 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Jerome quickly restock his ammunition it was not part of his job but hey he is still a bad ass marine.

"Ok guys time for some payback time." with a increase in loudness "Time to smash some bugs."

img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Fri May 16, 2008 6:49 pm

"Glad you're so enthusiastic, Hor." Ward said, sighing.

He really did not feel like going back in there. The horrors he would see would be tremendous. He had a bad feeling about going in there. And Lady Luck was never one to be kind to him.

'Please don't be right...' Ward thought.

He prayed to the Lord he would be wrong. He took one last glance at the picture of his fiance and put it away. They would get married once he got back to Earth. And he wanted to make the marriage. He loved this woman and did not wish to die here, leaving her widowed before they could even have their union.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”