Turn 17 Shrouds of Mystery

The 6th campaign.
Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Thu May 29, 2008 9:33 am

"Morse, despite our Radio Man's ingenius SITREP, we are seeing some pretty fucked up shit. We can barely see five meters down here and we have a huge problem. We got eggs. And we got bodies. That resin you might be able to see from the hole has encased a lot of civvies down here. All dead. Something burst out of their chest and my best bet is whatever is in those eggs are the cause of it. So, Situation Normal - All Fucked Up down here. Over."

Ward slowly moved over to Hor's position and smacked him on the back of his combat helmet. He would not stand for that.

"Listen, I don't know about you, but when someone asks for a SITREP, they mean business. That means you don't act like a smartass and you tell them what they want to know. Next time you do that we could end up dead. They need accurate information, especially since it's one of our Corpsmen. If you want to act like a fucking smartass, do it OFF the battlefield." Ward whispered, trying to stay as quiet as possible.

Ward slowly etched back to his position covering Quinn. No one had noticed he had moved, luckily. He kept his aim steady and sighed a breath of calmness, which was strange since he was in hostile territory.

'The Calm before the Storm.' Ward thought, sighing slightly.

Ward almost reminisced about how he had been less than an hour ago compared to he was now. That queen bursting out of the bulkhead had been enough to set him straight completely. He had lost a fellow Marine and though he only knew him for maybe ten minutes, it still had affected him. War was hell and it seemed they had just stepped right into the depths of hell itself.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Thu May 29, 2008 12:19 pm

[quote=""Sgt_Cartwright""]""Listen, I don't know about you, but when someone asks for a SITREP, they mean business. That means you don't act like a smartass and you tell them what they want to know. Next time you do that we could end up dead. They need accurate information, especially since it's one of our Corpsmen. If you want to act like a fucking smartass, do it OFF the battlefield." Ward whispered, trying to stay as quiet as possible.
[/quote]

Erika felt hurt by these words - yes the communication channel was open and all the group can hear even the whisper since the microphone was on - she did not had the feeling that Morse had requested a SITREP, she had the feeling that Morse tried to do his job to make the people speak in order to find words to describe the hellish situation in order to avoid the people to screw up. It was a technique she had just read on a book on psychology she borrowed at the library on during the space trip.

She did not say anything.

But she did not like people who always wanted to show off their knowledge.

Since the situation seemed calm, Erika drank some water and eated some of the power bar. She offered the other half to Morse.

Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Thu May 29, 2008 12:30 pm

"Damn i was just tryin to ease the tension and act as if u that damn smart if u are locked in a room full of that shit eggs, i will start to think twice to helping u."

No matter wad Jerome have not let down his guard and to him it is a disrespectful move of smacking someone in the head where he come from. And Ward always treating as if he is like 'always' right. And Ward was joking about the situation why can't Jerome too.
img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu May 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Morse saw Erika offer him some of the power bar, he ussually preffered a drink over food, but right now he was hungry, he reached up and took the other half from her. Morse then smiled and said.

Just like bootcamp, aint it, were gettin fucked, and Ward's yellin at those that do somethin wrong, ahh fun times in fucked up places, thanks for they power bar by the way

<tag Erika

Morse then took a bite of the power bar. Chewed it, wasn't very good, it was probably meant for the nutrients and not for flavor.

Thank you Ward, but dont give Jerome to much of a hard time, i wanted to hear everyones take on whats goin on, didn't matter who's. Besides, sounds like you guys aren't havin a fun time, so just keep calm and watchin the walls. And remember, if you get sprayed with some a that acid crap again, pour water on it, slowly, to stop it from burnin your bones.

<tag Ward and Jerome

Morse really coudn't have any way of imagining what the others were seeing in there. When they mentioned eggs, he got this idea of giant chicken eggs, and he figured that was probably not what they looked like.
Though Ward was being his usual snappy self, Morse understood what he was saying. Ward had always been a very by the book Marine. And so Morse just stayed sitting on the ground, waiting for anything to happen.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Thu May 29, 2008 3:45 pm

Morse wrote:Morse saw Erika offer him some of the power bar, he ussually preffered a drink over food, but right now he was hungry, he reached up and took the other half from her. Morse then smiled and said.
Just like bootcamp, aint it, were gettin fucked, and Ward's yellin at those that do somethin wrong, ahh fun times in fucked up places, thanks for they power bar by the way
<tag Erika
Erika smiled at Morse. He was a great doc and a great friend.

"How do you think that the eggs may look like? Do you think we can make a huge scambled eggs pan for breakfast? Do you think that our friends will still be able to eat eggs for breakfast?" asked Erika to Morse.

She was stressed and scared and talking a little helped her to calm down.

She was in alert, ready to react... but it was better talking than being overwelmed by the thoughts and the image of Dirk being decapitated.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu May 29, 2008 4:13 pm

James looked at the argueing Marines with disbelief. They had lost a leader and found the MIAs dead with their chests burst open and they wanted to fight.

"Everyone, listen up. Keep your eyes and ears open for anything. We could be hit at any moment and you guys want to play group grab ass. Ward, stay in your position in your squad. If anyone will repromand anyone around here it'll be me or the LT. Hor, sitrep means sitrep. Not fuckin comedy hour. The rest of you, be ready to move out." He said sharply

He looked at the equipment in the engine room for anything that would tell him how to iverload the stations engines.

(Roll find hidden object, Tech, command, sense danger)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote:James looked at the argueing Marines with disbelief. They had lost a leader and found the MIAs dead with their chests burst open and they wanted to fight.

"Everyone, listen up. Keep your eyes and ears open for anything. We could be hit at any moment and you guys want to play group grab ass. Ward, stay in your position in your squad. If anyone will repromand anyone around here it'll be me or the LT. Hor, sitrep means sitrep. Not fuckin comedy hour. The rest of you, be ready to move out." He said sharply

Simovic overheard the comms chatter just as he was about to reprimand the offenders Screaming-Eagle stepped in. When he had finished Simoivc added "James are you sure all the Marines are dead? Last we checked their pulses were accelerated but they were still alive".

Simovic then flicked his comms channel to the dropship "Honeysett can you check the life signs of our MIa's".
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Thu May 29, 2008 6:46 pm

"Aye, aye, Gunny!"

Though he did not show it, Ward knew in some way that the Gunny had agreed with him. Ward thought he heard something and turned in the direction of the sound. More sounds of feet moving.

"I got movement. No visual contact, only auditory. It's coming from the nine O'clock." Ward said.

((OOC: BTW, Erika, I did NOT say my radio was on when I told Hor that. If I had, your post about overhearing me would have been correct. But, I did not and you are all the way in the hole. I am assuming we are too far for you to hear unless over the communications' and my character whispering would NOT have been heard. It was meant for Jerome's character only and I did not want to say it over PM. Thank you.))
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Thu May 29, 2008 7:52 pm

Morrison looked at the bodies hanging around the walls, not one of them where alive.

Shitty deal for them...

"Yo, Eagle, I haven't got a fucking clue on how to overload these engines, man. Also, staying here makes my ass itch in the worst way, so why we are going to get the hell out of here."

"As for the rest of you. Show some fucking discipline, and pride for the Corps. Or am I going to have to bust some goddamn heads?" Morrison didn't raise his voice, but if need be, he would follow through on his offer "Now, ladies and germs, we are going to get out of here. Reverse formation, keep your eyes open, and move it, Marines."

"Dugan, we are done here and are coming up. How are things on your end?"

LcCpl Conrad Heart

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Thu May 29, 2008 8:20 pm

As the marines began their tactical retreat, a hoarse voice could be heard calling out, "Sarge! Over here Sarge!" The marines maneuvered to the right and located the marine where he had been stuck to the wall.
GM

Image Image Image

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 pm

"Shit..." Was all Ward could utter.

Ward looked at the Marine and instantly tried to pull the resin off. He did not need orders to know this man needed help. He was going to quickly get this man off and back in the action. Ward then thought to alert the other squads of the situation.

"Yo, Morse... you're gonna love this. We have a live one here. Confirmed Marine. We were about to leave when he called out to us. Over." Ward said, his voice choppy due to his breathing, showing he was exerting much effort in pulling the resin off.

Ward kept pulling and then looked over his shoulder at the other Marines. He really would need some help getting this Marine off the wall.

"Anyone wanna help me out here?" Ward inquired while still attempting to rip the resin off.

Ward hoped they could get this Marine out of the resin and back on his feet. They seriously needed to escape before any of the aliens decided to attack. He was pulling as hard as he could and even with his strength, it was tough.

(roll strength)
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu May 29, 2008 8:51 pm

Pale Rider wrote:As the marines began their tactical retreat, a hoarse voice could be heard calling out, "Sarge! Over here Sarge!" The marines maneuvered to the right and located the marine where he had been stuck to the wall.
"First squad, get that man the fuck off that wall. Move! The rest of you, get ready. I don't think these fuckers are going to like us taking their snack" Screaming-eagle said as he looked around the room for any other movement.

"Dugan, we got a live one. Check the moniters and see if anyone else is still with us."

(Roll sense danger)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Thu May 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Erika's heart start pumpig like it wanted to go outside her chest.

OOC: Dirk I am off for the WE, I will spend the WE with the Army (...I know I could choose better what to do on holydays...), could you play Erika for me, plz?
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Thu May 29, 2008 10:10 pm

Petrova shook his head when he heard Ward on the radio.

"No wonder Scope called you a jackass and a suck-up, you piece of shit"

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu May 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Morse laughed after he heard Erika ask him about how the egg's will be made

Shit, shootin questions at a mile minute. I'm guessin there slimy and gross like lizzard like eggs or some shit like that. As for how they'll be made, depends on how many we tell the comand are in here. The lab guys'll probably wanna look at em, and they all will probably go for over easy. And uhh... What do mean by are our friends gonna be able eat breakfast, which friends are we talkin about

<tag Erika

Morse was pretty relaxed now. He wasn't really tense at all, he was fairly certain he wasn't gonna die, but he knew he'd have to be ready when the rest of the marines came back

Morse then heard the new guy that came from the brig, yellin about taken shit serious

Sounds like the prison man's havin a fun time with our new recruit ass's

<tag Anyone at the barricade

Then he heard Ward's voice over the com. sayin they had a live one

Damn, and i was just gettin used to relaxin and not savin peoples ass's from bleedin to death, does he have any injury you can see right now, and you might wanna check to see if theres anyone else there, if he's alive, maybe someone else is, over Morse said into his com.

<tag Ward

Morse still hadn't stood back up. He was serious that he had just gotten used to relaxing. And he figured he should get his fill while he could
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”