Turn 2 - Demotions, Promotions, and Active Duty

The 6th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:23 pm

Date: May 22, 2081
Time: 0800

The Easy Eights were all called together to meet within the confines of the Hanger Deck. Several Rows of Chairs and a podium had been setup for the marines.
Upon entering the Marines see that Captain McCoy is seated at the podium, his once smug face, bearing a large purple bruise where WO Screaming Eagle had decked him. Seated next to him still sporting handcuffs was the aforementioned marine; his eyes still shown with a steely glint. The rest of the command staff was also seated on the podium. Gunny Sergeant Jacob Honeysett, Staff Sergeant Daniel Bojan, Corporal Dugan Simovic, Lance Corporal Tarik Khan, and Corporal Gavin “Wrenchâ€
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Chest swelling, Jacob grinned at the honour of his promotion. When he was a cadet he never dreamed that he'd rise up the ranks like this!

Pinning the medal on the chest of Quinn he made sure he stood as straight as he could and saluted as smartly too. Sure he might be a slouch normally - but there was decorum and etiquette at a situation like this and he'd be damned if he was going to ruin a marines first medal, or any medal by doing it half arsed. Hell he'd even shaved!

As the Captain left, Jacob left the podium grinning and lit a cigarette.

Turning to HIS Platoon, god it was a good feeling to think that! he waited until the captain was out of earshot he leaned towards the marines "Lets give Jim a comfortable trip, eh guys?"

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:28 am

"Aye," Jonsson said, straightening up, his back popping. He didn't know much about how these things worked, but he could tell that James had gotten off extremely easy. Someone up there must have had some experience under their belt.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:40 am

((Jeez, a lot happens in twenty-four hours. Sorry that I misunderstood about the burns, thought they were INSIDE the mouth. This makes things easier.))

Sixtus had run every Marine with burns through the medical bay on board the ship to treat each and every one with a good shower and a special cream to counteract the effects of the burn. Some of them would carry the burn scars for life, but at long last he was able to keep most of the platoon out of the hospital.

Matthias was another story entirely. With five rounds through his chest and one in his head, it was a miracle that he was still breathing, let alone alive. However a good portion of his brain had been severely damaged. It was not likely that the man could live without life support. Not for long anyway. Sixtus composed a letter to the family of the Marine expressing his sympathy, letting them know the straight facts of what was most likely in Matthias's future. There was a ninety-nine percent possibility that Matthias would never wake up from his coma. And even if he did, he'd most likely live out the rest of his life as a vegetable. Sixtus hated himself for not being able to bring the Marine back, but that was that.

During the "ceremony", Sixtus looked at the Captain not with anger nor even annoyance. Instead it was a blank stare devoid of emotion. But in the eyes danced a fire that if looks could kill, Captain McCoy would be engulfed in promethium burning and writhing in his death throes. Once High Command heard of this, that the very officer that had been struck was the one who decided his perpetrator's fate, they'd come down on the Captain like a hammer. And seeing as James was well within the twenty minutes of not being responsible for his actions due to the stress of combat, his very Court Martial was illegal in every way. But seeing as this Captain hadn't even been through a Court Martial, let alone being given a punishment... it was highly likely that he had a patron somewhere in High Command. Which meant that unless they all died due to his direct order, he was slated for the War College. And that ground against the grain for the medic.

When he received his Bronze Star, he stayed quiet during the whole thing, giving a salute that would have made his Drill Instructor give a grudging nod of approval. Like the man could even smile Sixtus thought to himself. He thought he'd seen him do so once...

But once the ceremony was over with, Sixtus retreated back to his bunk to get out of his dress uniform. He tossed the Bronze Star back into it's case and set it into the drawer of his lockbox. He pulled off his shirt and felt the bandage on his left shoulder tenderly where he'd received a pulse rifle round on the mission.

One hell of a baptism of fire, eh Sixtus? he asked himself in the confines of his mind. Earned a medal and a promotion. Would've been two medals if Sixtus let his wound be known, but he didn't care too much about medals. In fact, he didn't even feel as though he deserved the Star. All he was doing was getting to a wounded man, which was his duty in the least. He kept him alive, but for what kind of an existence?

PFC Quinn sat on his bunk, pulling off his shoes and pants in exchange for the BDUs that he preferred to wear. Laying on the bunk he stared up at the bottom of the bunk above his, thinking his thoughts.

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:17 pm

Dirk waited with the other Marines in his seat. People were talking about what was going to happen here today. He saw Screaming Eagle sitting in cuffs ready for what ever the now bruised Capt. McCoy would hand down to him. Dirk knew things could get nasty for Screaming Eagle. Shit there were alot of charges.

One year with transport time? he thought with a smile. Man, god loves Screaming Eagle.

When it was all over Drik sat there for a while. Lance Corproal and squadleader.He had wanted to move up, he did his best, and now that it was here he was not sure what to do, but he was sure he would find out soon. Looking around he found Roberts. He walked over.

" Congrats Eric, looks like we're squad leaders now. I hope we don't screw it up" He said with a laugh

[quote=""Apachetear""]Turning to HIS Platoon, god it was a good feeling to think that! he waited until the captain was out of earshot he leaned towards the marines "Lets give Jim a comfortable trip, eh guys?" [/quote]

Dirk looked over " No problem. We owe him a hell of alot more then just that."

When it was all over Dirk walked out and went to his bunk. Lighting a cigaret he saw Quinn working on a letter. He got up and walked over to Quinn. Seeing that it was a letter to Matthias's family he stopped. Taking a large drag off the cigaret he slowly blew out the smoke.

"Hay Quinn, I just wanted to know how Matthias was doing? I also wanted to say thank you for hauling your ass out there and getting him." He said without really looking at him. " I was the one that shot Matthias in the head. I have tried to wright his familey telling them how sorry I am, but I can't. Would you tell them how sorry I am?" When he was done talking Dirk got up and walked away. He stopped " Thanks Sixtus" He said with out moving and then walked out
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:39 am

Bojan acted with correct military decorum throughout the presentations. He thanked McCoy even though he didn't particularly like the man.

The new mission seemed too simple for Bojan's thinking. The command had dumped them into hell more than once and he didn't think Screaming Eagle's actions would've obtained the eights and easy mission as well as the fact the command was guarding the criminal with sympathisers.

After the presentations were finished he headed to his quarters to check the roster then tinker with a new toy he was working on.
William Jones

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:12 am

Eric stood for his promotion, and gave a salute.
" Congrats Eric, looks like we're squad leaders now. I hope we don't screw it up" He said with a laugh
"Yeah, I hope so too. I'm really gonna have to straighten myself out if I'm gonna be leading a squad." he said.

As Quinn was leaving the room, Eric slapped him on the back. "Good job Sixtus. I mean it."

Eric Roberts walked up to Erik Jonsson next, "You deserve this rank just as much as me. We're practically the same, same first name, similar facial scars, been here the same amount of time." he grinned. "Cept I'm a sissy, unlike you. he laughed out loud.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”