Turn 4 Into the Great Sleep

The 6th campaign.
Rayne Hollow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rayne Hollow » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:06 pm

Rayne barelly bothered to look up.
"Relax man were private's If we see one there porbally just go tell us to hide in a bucket or somthing and they'll kill iot. I bet you five buck's that im not going to use this Smartung once before the Mission end's. Deal?"

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:40 pm

OOC:
Unless I am Mistaken the Squads are in the following order:

2nd Squad is in the Hypersleep Chamber with the Aliens
1st Squad is coming up to reinforce 2nd Squad.
3rd Squad has set up a defensive perimeter covering the rear of the Platoon.

Also for future reference I would like the Squad Leaders to designate the order in which your Squad is arrayed.

The Platoon Commander (WO Honeysett) will need to designate the Squad order from this point forward. If there is no order given I will assume that the order follows the lineup as given in the Roster and I will penalize accordingly.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:15 pm

[quote=""Quinn""]"Usually on the ceiling, but can run through the walls. On a starship, they can be anywhere." Quinn looked down. "Even in the floor, although that would be a maintenance grate. But how big are these things?"

[/quote]

"Six feet tall usually, went they're bent over." Eric told him hurriedly.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:36 pm

"Williams, I'm going to go join up with first squad.", said Bojan. "You guys make sure you hold this spot."

Bojan ran off to catch up with first squad, unslinging his rifle. When he got there he planned to help Con keep control of the situation. He and Bojan had a lot of experience with these aliens.
William Jones

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:49 pm

Fox was pissed. everyone else got a higher promotion than him. That was all that was winding through his head. Grinding his teeth he couldn't keep his head clear and that wasn't any help.All of his hopes were crushed, but one still lived on.The marines were no place for the likes of him for what it seemed. Then he snapped out of it.

Being up front in the position, he slid his finger right on top of the smartgun's button like trigger,and began a non tracked fire to barrage when the first xeno jumped out. Thinking it was going to be a terrorist soon changed as he flipped it to lock on and firing yet again. Fox watched the meter go down relatively quick with the fire rate. Halting his fire and began firing short bursts.

Grinning as the bullets came out in a nice stream from his new gun he checked his ammunition every 2 seconds to make sure that his gun was doing alright, or the way he fired.

(Barriage W/o lock-on,burst lock on assault alll xeno's that got close.)
Last edited by Hunk on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:47 am

With second squad in a tatical Dimond formation. Pitt on point, Jonsson on the left Fox on the right with Williams on rear guard they were able to fire with at least three men in any direction.

"Hold the line! Nothing gets past us!" He shouted. " We got first squad comming up. Watch the friendly fire."

Dirk's face was one of grim resolve. If they got behind us before first squad got here we would be cut off and overwelmed he thought. Dirk poped a flare and tossed it behind the squad . Then he resumed the attack, fireing at the xenomorphs both up and down, matching the ferosity of the Xenomorphs with his own.

"Roberts, Second squad is marked by a flare. We got multiable targets We'll be looking for you. Watch your self."

(OOC Roll weapons fire multi targets)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:18 am

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]With second squad in a tatical Dimond formation. Pitt on point, Jonsson on the left Fox on the right with Williams on rear guard they were able to fire with at least three men in any direction.

"Hold the line! Nothing gets past us!" He shouted. " We got first squad comming up. Watch the friendly fire."[/quote]
Jonsson shouted back in confirmation. He turned his attention more towards his own section of the ceiling and wall, with only a small overlap into the others' ground. It was quite a jump for him to trust like this, but as long as the others held, nothing was getting by his section.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:24 am

"Roberts, Second squad is marked by a flare. We got multiable targets We'll be looking for you. Watch your self."
Eric clicked his comm to 2nd squad. "Roger that Dirk, I'll light a flare and hold onto it!"

Roberts pulled out one of his flares and lit it against his chest plate, holding it above him and keeping his eye on the ceiling.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:21 am

Simovic's fumbled attempts trying to contact the Delaware's mainframe had resulted in failure. He then connected his comm channel to Officer Hunter "Hunter what exactly is going on here? Did you do any Bio or lifeform scans before sending us in? If not I suggest you do them now, so we know how many of these things we're dealing with. Plus I suggest you escalate this problem and call in some backup".

Last edited by Dugan on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:49 pm

[quote=""Hunk""]Fox was pissed. everyone else got a higher promotion than him. That was all that was winding through his head. Grinding his teeth he couldn't keep his head clear and that wasn't any help.All of his hopes were crushed, but one still lived on.The marines were no place for the likes of him for what it seemed. Then he snapped out of it.

Being up front in the position, he slid his finger right on top of the smartgun's button like trigger,and began a non tracked fire to barrage when the first xeno jumped out. Thinking it was going to be a terrorist soon changed as he flipped it to lock on and firing yet again. Fox watched the meter go down relatively quick with the fire rate. Halting his fire and began firing short bursts.

Grinning as the bullets came out in a nice stream from his new gun he checked his ammunition every 2 seconds to make sure that his gun was doing alright, or the way he fired.

(Barriage W/o lock-on,burst lock on assault first xeno)[/quote]

OOC: Fox, sorry about the seemingly lack of promotion. When I was doing the transition to the Fusion system I did a lot of cut and pasting on Microsoft Word. Your character did receive a promotion to Private First Class. You can either edit your post, or we can Roll Play out the accidental Slight.)
GM

Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:49 pm

Jacob blinked, then took a drag on his cigarette. He heard the flurry of voices on the comlink. They muted into babble while he thought of the best thing to do.

A split second later he heard Con's voice over the comlinks...

Flamers - the guy had the right idea!

lighting the cigarette in the corner of his mouth he leant forward to tap out some instructions.

"First, set up a defensive perimeter. Get flamers at the ready - but don't do anything stupid while second are still in there! I want one of you watching the ceiling, one of you watching the walls, and one of you watching the floors. Don't worry about our back - 3rd has that!"

Scanning the entrance of the room where second was, Jacob paused briefly, considering a course of action.

"Second. Withdraw and group up with first, as soon as we're all out - flame the place. Then I want us to move forward again, little by little and bit by bit - we're gonna purge this ship!"

Coughing and spitting phlegm out on to the floor he switched his mic over to third squad.

"Third, set up sentry guns around the entrance. I need full support in here - but we aren't going to leave an open exit for these things now are we? Sentry gun it up and come forward!"

"When we're all together - we're going to stick together and be damned cautious. I'll want one person who's had experience of these things at the back, one in the middle and one at the front - inform your squadmates about what to expect! Once we're in position we'll re-assess!"

Last edited by Apachetear on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Simovic heard Honetsetts order and as he had left him alone in the APC, decided it was best if he moved the vehicle nearer and started unloading the Sentry Guns so third squad wouldn't have to leave their defensive positions around the hanger doors.

"Third Squad i'm bringing the APC nearer, send someone to help unload and set up these Sentry Guns".

Simovic then climbed in the drivers position of the APC and moved it up towards the hanger doors.

[Driving check]

He then jumped out of the seat & ran to the back of the APC and began to shift the APC's four Sentry Gun cases out of the vehicle. He was still listening into his comms to if Hunter had any updates on his requests.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:02 pm

[quote=""Apachetear""]
"Second. Withdraw and group up with first, as soon as we're all out - flame the place. Then I want us to move forward again, little by little and bit by bit - we're gonna purge this ship!"

[/quote]

"Roger that sir, Second squad is falling back."

"Second squad. We are falling back to first's pos. Fox, you and Williams fall back and make sure the way is clear, Jonsson you're with me.Get the flamer from Williams. We'll have a fighting withdraw. I'll keep em off you. You cover the area with the flamer as we fall back. Let's move Marines!" Dirk shouted to second squad.

"Roberts, We are falling back to your pos. We might be bringing some guests with us get ready to give them a warm reception" Dirk said knowing Roberts was already for the Xenomorps that would be following the Marines as they fell back.

Reloading his pulse rifle on the fly Dirk waited for Fox and Williams to start falling back. He started closing the gap between him and Jonsson so the Marine's flamer would not fry him as well

(OOC Roll weapons fire multi targets)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:47 pm

OOC: Please refrain from any further actions until I have resolved the Aliens half of the attack phase. :twisted: After all its only fair that they get to attack you. I will post the results of all the current actions up to this point first thing in the morning.
GM

Image Image Image

Volgrand
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Volgrand » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:00 pm

- Sir, I watch the walls

Ivanov pointed his smartgun to the walls. Sorry man, but he wasnt sure how the flamer works.
quot;Walk silently, and carry a big gun"

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”